User Reviews for Beclomethasone

Also known as: Beclovent, Qvar, Qvar RediHaler, Vanceril, Vanceril DS

Learn more about Beclomethasone.

Bronchitis 1 reviews 287 medications

7.5
Asthma, Maintenance 33 reviews 119 medications

6.1
Summary of Beclomethasone reviews 34 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Beclomethasone

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "It's pretty good at controlling my asthma, but when my allergies get worse (which is always) or when I have a cold, it doesn't help much."

Charlotte1234 September 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I've been taking the 80mcg for going on 3 weeks now and I don't feel like its doing any good. I am still using my rescue inhaler 2-4xs a day. I also in the last week have developed what feels like a lump in my throat and trouble swallowing/dry throat along with headaches."

Xtina923 (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "QVAR worked very well for me, better than other steroid inhalers. Too bad it is so expensive."

ambientdreamer (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "NEVER NEVER give this medicine to your children! If I could give this medicine a zero I would. My 4 year old son started taking the Qvar inhaler for his asthma. Over the next 3-4 months he started to have nosebleeds. I've tried everything from antibiotics, saline, humidifiers, nothing was helping. One day my son woke up with a nosebleed screaming he was blind, he turned blue, puked up a lot of blood and went limp in my arms. This qvar inhaler caused severe swelling in his sinuses, nosebleeds and low blood pressure. I thought my child had died in my arms I was terrified. I took him off the inhaler and he hasn't had a nosebleed in 3 months. Theres no reason that should have happened to a 4 year old. I would never want anybody to experience that"

Ashley&Landon May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Although I'm paying a kings ransom for this thanks to my garbage insurance, this immediately improved my asthma. I'm not sure why so many people seem to have a problem with it but I'm having great success. I'm actually sleeping now, and I'm not rasping all the time. I'm not even kidding it made a difference after the first dose. To be fair I was also enjoying good results with advair, but this seems more effective."

RSKhb May 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I would give a higher rating except that , as others have noted, I don't get the stated 120 doses per canister. Qvar works very well for me when I get the recommended dosage. When the canister starts to fail and I don't realize I'm not getting the prescribed amount things go downhill. I don't like paying for medicine I don't get but the far bigger issue is not getting the protection Qvar provided when I do get it. If the manufacturer fixed this I'll be very happy with Qvar."

rosecrest (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Qvar works for me...However, for the third time my inhaler quit working before I used it 120 times. A year ago first failure, the inhaler quit working with 12 doses left in it. Second failure 7 months ago, with 15 doses left. Today my inhaler quit at 17 doses. I clean my inhaler as instructed. I cleaned them each time they failed. No help. Cannot find an email address for the manufacturer. They owe me a third off on my next inhaler. That is more than $45.00. Will complain to my insurance company and their pharmacy"

Baa61 April 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I've been using Qvar for about two weeks. I used Advair before for years, and though it was extremely effective in treating my asthma, it kept making me lose my voice, so my doctor suggested trying Qvar. I happen to be out of my Albuterol inhaler until I see my doctor later this week, so I'm experiencing Qvar with no backup system, and I find it to be very ineffective against my asthma. I'm using it twice a day, two puffs each time, as prescribed, and though it doesn't make my asthma worse, it doesn't appear to improve it either. Except for short spurts during the middle of the day, which might just be incidental. Anyway, I'm going to ask my doctor for another alternative to Advair because Qvar's just not working."

Wheezykins March 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Qvar was a major disappointment to me. I asked my doctor if I could try it out for my asthma because I had heard that apparently this medication goes deeper into the lungs than most other asthma medications. Long story short, I could have inhaled water vapor and it probably would have worked better than the Qvar. If it works for you, fantastic; however, unless your asthma is very mild or very complicated, I would not recommend Qvar as a first-line treatment."

S.V.L (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I found Qvar wasn't as effective as Symbicort for me. As a matter of fact, I found it to irritate my lungs upon inhalation. When inhaled, it causes me to cough for about five minutes. I didn't find my labored breathing ever really improved by Qvar. I switched to Qvar because my co-pay for Symbicort went up from $10.00 to $20.00 a month. But, now that Qvar's has gone up, I'm switching back to Symbicort, which is what I had wanted to do for a couple months now. I've been using Qvar for about 4 months and found it wasn't as effective."

Qvar User January 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I feel like it makes my symptoms worse. I get this cold, tingling feeling in my throat and it feels like someone's sitting on my back. I've been on it for a few years. If anything, it makes me need to use my inhaler more"

JHys (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: ""QVAR makes my asthma so much worse! I have been on this medication for about 2 years now. When taken every day it makes my asthma worse and I feel myself reaching for my Albuterol inhaler constantly. It took me 2 years of telling them that my "overuse" of the rescue inhaler was due to the QVAR for them to finally believe me."

EngTeacher August 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Have recently started back on QVAR after having stopped due to gastritis which was probably caused by beta-blocker/aspirin and 2bd blood thinner, for my heart attack which turned out not to be one in the first instance but remained on these meds for months until MRI confirmed otherwise - myocarditis. Respiratory specialist states 60% fine mist particles lodge in the lungs with QVAR, the other 40% probably into my gut which is causing me nausea plus headaches and fungal infected fingers (2). Am back to trying an evening one single dose through spacer, rinsing mouth and hoping I my body will adapt to these side effects. Has anyone got any suggestions or thoughts? I'm immune suppressed with PMR 18+ months on steroids, now tapering."

~MissMegams~ (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "It doesn't seem to be working for me. This is the 5th week. I need my rescue inhaler 4 times a day."

breathseeker (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "12 year old son been using Qvar 80 for 2 years. Been very good with no side effects."

Gooddad (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "QVAR does NOTHING for me except make my Asthma worse! I have been prescribed this medication for about 8 years now. When taken every day it made my asthma worse and I feel myself reaching for my Albuterol constantly. I've had this opinion since I was a child and the Dr. basically thinks I'm full of it.. Well, I stopped using it for years (and my Asthma issues stopped except for occasional flare ups), my Dr. told me to start it again once a day and now my Asthma is awful, I get the "elephant on the chest" feeling without any physical activity. I'm done wasting my time on this medication."

Aryboob (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Our son has been taking Qvar since he was diagnosed with coughing asthma when he was 3 and we are generally happy with it. He used to get awful mouth sores from it every couple of months( despite rinsing with ACT, water, Nistatin, using spacer, etc) for years. Six month ago, we switched him to rinsing with TheraSol mouth wash (by Oratec) and we had no sores ever since! Hope this can help someone else who might be dealing with something similar."

Mom of a pediatric patient (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Waste of time. Coughing increased. Doctor proscribed Qvar with Combivent; increased sputum along with green-black BB-size grease-balls. Waste of time!"

Doug McKenzie January 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I've used qvar for years, after using azmacort, which started giving me panic attacks. I only use it once a day, which is fantastic. The expense is horrible. It's gone up in price drastically over the past three years--just went up again I believe, to $178 for a 40mcg inhaler. It's the best medication for me, as I need very little of it, and I don't except in extremely rare circumstances, need my emergency inhaler. It's great for management of my mild asthma. Insurance helps a lot with the expense."

Notsharing (taken for 10 years or more) December 29, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I got heart palpitations, really bad - like almost constant. I was taking the 40 mcg one puff twice a day. I switched to flovemt and all is well."

Lisa no thank u to qvar (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "My son has been on qvar for a few months anf its amazing. He usually wheezes frin allergies amd this has prevented it. So grateful."

Morgies mama (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 25, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I've been using Qvar 40 in the AM for 2 weeks. My breathing still sucks and I constantly feel congested and like I can't get enough air. I've had to use my albuterol inhaler multiple times a day. My doctor wants me to try using the Qvar twice a day to see if it helps. I'll update in a couple weeks."

Shiseidosky (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Initially my breathing improved but within a few weeks the improvement disappeared. Within a month I was having major side effects including fatigue and headaches. My kidney function decreased markedly. It took weeks after stopping Qvar to recover from the experience."

Jim99 December 5, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I've had QVar 80 for 2-3 years and it absolutely AMAZING. I NEVER needed to rely on my albuterol inhaler after taking QVar. 10/10. Now, a message to people with the white spots-That is yeast infection. It specifically says you were supposed to RINSE YOUR MOUTH WITH WATER THOROUGHLY (don't drink the rinse water) to avoid yeast infection. "

TargyTag November 6, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I have severe asthma/COPD and have tried different inhalers through the years most only gave me a deeper voice and white patches in my mouth. That has not been my experience with Qvar 80. This medication has really helped my breathing with no white patches or deepened voice. I take 2 puffs am/pm and I am really pleased."

Donna Carol (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 15, 2014