User Reviews for Beclomethasone

Also known as: Qvar, Qvar Redihaler, Beclovent, Vanceril, Vanceril DS, Qvar with Dose Counter

Bronchitis
6.3

Asthma, Maintenance
4.1

Summary of Beclomethasone reviews 4.3 89 reviews

Reviews for Beclomethasone

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "The new one, Qvar RediHaler, doesn't work properly, it quits working halfway through. A lot of the time it sprays after the fact. I am having trouble breathing due to this not working correctly. I am going to my pharmacist and my doctor to have them change to something that will work. Get your expensive drug off the market/recall this before you end up with a law suit."

modretro (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Was using the old pump QVAR and it was working great. When it came time to renew my prescription I was surprized to find these new devices. They do not work to delivery the mediation. Went on ThingVerse and 3D Printed an Integrated inhaler and Aerochamber. Works great. Really sucks that Teva changed the format and is now ripping people off. The meds are the same but the new delivery device and even the canister have changed. so that you cannot use your old inhaler body. Very sad. You can find it here to print your own. Search on your computer: Inhalo - Asthma Inhaler + Space by by DannySanchez Regards, Andrew"

Andrew (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance: "The Qvar Redihaler is an expensive rip off that is jeopardizing peoples' lives. I used the original Qvar inhaler for years with success. Since I started using the Redihaler, I have had constant flares. Even though I have cleaned it as instructed, it starts malfunctioning after about 30 doses. It either dispenses too late to be inhaled or very little, or nothing, comes out at all. My pharmacy mails out 3 at a time and they all malfunctioned. My doctor switched me to a new medication because of this. TEVA refuses to refund my money. Qvar Redihaler device is a problem as it fails to work."

Soup Lady (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "The RediHaler does not have enough force to deliver the medication to be helpful to me. The previous delivery method was so much better. This is useless (i even tried modifying it to pump versus having to suck/inhale) and I’m so upset because it used to work so well. It also costs me a small fortune even with insurance. I’m going to ask my allergist for something else."

LA Jill March 9, 2019

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "My asthma was controlled on old qvar, but since they changed to the redi inhaler, I’ve had consistent and worsening asthma symptoms. Something is not working. I’ve had to go on oral steroids three times in the last 6 months."

Beagle (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 23, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I love the new Redihaler. I find it much better than trying to coordinate a squeeze and inhalation. I can feel the drug being pulled into my lungs and hope this type of inhaler will eventually replace the previous type of inhaler across all active ingredients for breathing disorders (not just Qvar). Realizing that many people prefer the older delivery mechanism, perhaps both can be offered as a patient's choice?"

Wheezer (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 10, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I've used Qvar and had no problems until they switched to the redihaler. Now my asthma is not controlled and I wake up lots of nights struggling to breathe. I called the company to replace my inhaler because it stopped working half way through. I get 3 at a time through mail order and I think they're way too expensive to be such junk. I tried to use the 2nd inhaler from my mail order and it doesn't work at all so I'm going to have to call them back to replace that one as well. I would throw the inhalers away but they are too expensive. I can't believe this company is messing with people's lives!! I will be switching to another brand if I don't die in the meantime."

LAP (taken for 10 years or more) February 9, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I have been successfully using a Qvar regular old fashioned inhaler and my asthma (and heart palps that went with it) have been under control for now over ten years. The minute I started using the new Qvar Redihaler everything went back. I've tried every way of enhancing the use, and it is point blank not effective. So I'm folding and going outside of the USA to get the old version which is available everywhere, and I hope everyone who has an issue whether for adults or kids will not settle because a drug manufacturer (TEVA), is protecting the US patent rights to the medicine (which is why they change the design method). Easy to get thru online ordering from Canadian online services. I know by ordering out of the country I'm still helping the pharma and my insurance (cuz its out of pocket....$99 for 3 inhalers of 40mg). But we have to be smart consumers....If you go to Ecuador, you can buy inhalers right from the pharmacy without a prescription, so take a vacation!!"

JT February 8, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "My first question is why was the old qvar container discontinued if something is not broke why would you try and fix it? IF a four-year-old was having a problem with container, the parent should have shared this information with the doctor, I am a adult patient and my experience with the new inhaler is awful, I have not been able to get any relief since you change the inhaler ( container) if you lose the patient that benefit from the old dispenser you would have lost money and also your customers. In order for me not to end up in the hospital I would like to receive the oldest container of qvar back at my Pharmacy "

Mrs. Dee (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 8, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance: "My asthma has been under control for 3 years. Didn’t use my albuterop once. I refilled my Rx for qvar80 and was given the new redihaler. I knew about three weeks ago it wasn’t working or the medicine wasn’t dispensing. I’ve needed my rescue inhaler 2-3 times a day for over 2 weeks! I’m so mad. Why would they make this change!! I’m waiting to call my doctor on Monday to get a Rx for a completely different drug. This is garbage!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 2, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I've used QVAR 80 for several years. It worked great. Since they switched over to the redihaler, it only works half the time. It seems to quit working before you're even halfway through your doses. Much preferred the older version. Will be checking with my doctor to see if there's an alternative drug."

Rosebud (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 31, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "The redi-haler is awful. I coughed for 15 days trying to use the new design. It wasn't working. I had bought 3 units from my mail order and the other 2 don't work either. Teva replaced the 1st unit but I still need to call them back about units 2 & 3. I don't believe these units dispense any product. Two of them, however, spewed out product long after I took it out of my mouth. I need to speak to my doctor about another product."

Paul NJ (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 25, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "No way to check if working. Doesn't taste or smell of any substance. I don't feel like I'm breathing as easily as when on old Qvar inhaler."

Hopeful (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 23, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Terrible redesign! Asthma was totally controlled under the old Qvar Inhaler. With the new design, not enough med coming out--if at all! QVAR, lives are at stake, fix this, please!"

Hope January 22, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I've been on QVar 80 mcg for a long while - years - with no issues & good asthma control. Swapped to QVar Redihaler last month because the conventional propelled QVar was no longer available. Same dose, 80 mcg. Same general method of taking, fully exhaling beforehand, then inhaling deeply & holding breath - just no shaking of inhaler & no pushing down to actuate. Only now it seems to wear off much faster, so that I feel the need to take my next dose a couple of hours before it's due (I don't take it early, but I feel very wheezy). In the past, I sometimes forgot my second dose because I didn't feel like I needed it. My pulmonologist says there's been no adverse changes in my lung health to explain this. And the medication & dose haven't changed. So it makes no sense to me that I'd be fully controlled on one, poorly controlled on the other."

Lashru (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2019

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "People PLEASE go to the FDA website and use the page for online reporting and report this product! It only takes a few people reporting it to have it investigated. We should not be paying $200+ to have the new inhaler stop working mid month, then have dangerous asthma attacks if we can't afford to replace the inhaler mid month. I made the company aware of my problem. It's happened to me with two inhalers in a row, they won't replace them and I am stuck with them and increasingly and increasingly bad asthma. I am switching brands, but can't immediately since I just paid $236 for the Qvar"

Sarah (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Similar to others here, I have found that some dispensers just do not work - no sensation of spray, no taste of medication, asthma symptoms getting worse over time. This costs $180 per (significantly more than the previous dispenser). I think Teva/Qvar is just playing around with the dispenser design so they can bump up the price of a medication that should be cheaply available as a generic considering the length of time it has been around. The old style dispenser is available in other countries for $8-18 per. They are clearly not taking into account the damage they do to people with asthma in the process of pursuing added profits."

LTU (taken for 10 years or more) January 12, 2019

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Not happy with the redihaler. Having asthma taking deep breaths is already difficult and do not get all of medication on inspiration. Medicine still coming out when done. Unable to use a spacer for this reason also. Dr will be changing. I really wish they hadn’t changed."

Cmar (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 10, 2019

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I have had great success with Qvar up to the point they switched to the new redi inhaler. The count is not right and I have found that I only get medicine for the first half. It took me several different inhalers to realize this was the problem as I consistently ended up having to use my emergency inhaler more and more towards the end. When it works I use a rescue inhaler very rarely (once every two weeks or less) and last time as I got down to 40 doses I was having to use it at least 10 times to get through the days and nights. This package has to go!"

Jh (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 9, 2019

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "It wasn’t helping me at all it was causing me to have a asthma attack I refused to take it anymore after taking it 3 days in a row"

Anne (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2019

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "My experience has been bad. The redihaler apparently "gets dirty and stops working". The very mean lady in customer service wants to teach you how to clean over the phone. The cleaning has not worked on three of my inhalers. One stopped working with 45 inhalations left another at 65 and my current one at 80. This is a waste of medicine and money. I have to change because they are not standing behind their product. I need to be able to count on my medicine."

Pamela (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 29, 2018

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I have been on Qvar for years and it worked to the extent that seldom did I require albuterol treatment. Then on my last Qvar prescription renewal they gave me redihaler. It did not work. Being a scientist, I tried several things but none worked. I will discontinue use of the redihaler. My guess is there is a black market for the old Qvar inhaler for those of us in need. Insurance will not cover that of course. Sham on TEVA."

Professor (taken for less than 1 month) December 25, 2018

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I have used QVAR for at least 6 years. I dislike the redesign of the inhaler: the cap falls off and the inhaler does not distribute medicine well past 30-40 doses. I feel like I am wasting money and plan to ask my doctor for alternatives as this is really frustrating. The medicine itself, when I can inhale it, works great and is helping me manage my asthma."

SR (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 24, 2018

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I have tried using the Redihaler 3 separate times. Each time, I get hoarse within 2 days! My mouth feels like it is full of cotton. I rinse well and even gargle with fresh water, but symptoms persist. QVAR 80 was terrific with a spacer. Now I will have to switch to Flovent which was never as effective as QVAR 80. TEVA, you made a big mistake ; your greed will cost you many customers. I suspect there may be a class action lawsuit in your future!!"

Kate (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 23, 2018

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "The old inhaler worked fine. This new redihaler malfunctions. I had used about 40 puffs before it started not coming out properly. I will call the manufacturer to try and get a replacement but I am surprised to see so many others have had similar problems. Do they not test these out before launching? The new design is annoyingly big too."

ll4 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 16, 2018