User Reviews for Beclomethasone

3.8

Summary of Beclomethasone reviews 3.9 105 reviews

Reviews for Beclomethasone

Me · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 12, 2019

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I’m so annoyed (understatement) that Qvar changed my 3 month of inhalers to 1 at a astronomical cost. My 3 month inhalers worked just fine. Now I have to pay for a one month inhaler at the same price I got 3. AND WHEN I OPEN INHALER IT COMES APART SO I CAN'T GET THE MED INSIDE UNTIL I PUT IT BACK TOGETHER. It sucks, damn drug companies. I will need to contact Teva directly"

Lvsminpins · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 10, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I had been on Qvar for a couple years. I didn’t realize for a while but when the inhaler changed to the RediHaler my health went downhill. My thyroid was affected, and I ended up with adrenal fatigue as well. No appetite, and after 9 months I was dropping weight fast. What finally clicked was my super super dry mouth-thrush. I started researching and found that the RediHaler can have the side effects-but they are rare. The day after I stopped this medication my appetite was back. 2 1/2 months later my energy is slowly getting back to normal, but I need to rest a lot."

Shinnie July 8, 2019

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I have had a good experience with Qvar but my doctor won't give more prescriptions."

Sally · Taken for 10 years or more July 8, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I used Qvar since 2007. I considered it my miracle drug because it had my asthma under control. I almost never had to use my rescue inhaler. THEN the inhaler design was changed. I could not get the counter to go down; therefore, I didn’t know if I was getting any medicine. I tried 6 of the new inhalers. The counter did not go down for any of them. I talked to three pharmacists, and I demonstrated how I used it. All three said that I was using it properly. I also talked to the manufacture and they wouldn’t send me anymore since they had replaced the first three. I also talked to about 10 pharmacists on the phone. I also reported it to the FDA. They should not have taken the old design off the market until they were sure the new design worked."

Anonymous July 2, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "My inhaler malfunctioned after the counter showed respectively 28 and 52. This forces me to order a new inhaler before my insurance will partially pay for it. Also, I was out of town last time this problem occurred. I will be asking the Dr. for a new prescription—-if possible an inhaler that will not be a Redihaler type."

Madness · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 26, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "This RediHaler device inhaler cost too much and broke halfway through using it"

Monti · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 26, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I started using the new Qvar RediHaler inhaler in December, 2018, and had issues almost from the start. I’m happy to see that others have as well, because my pharmacy made me feel as if the fault was mine. I know the RediHaler is ineffective because I had an old inhaler that had 100 puffs left on it, so in March, after many calls to the company (and they did graciously replace the inhalers a couple of times at their expense, but to no avail) I finished out my old inhaler and I was fine during that time. Now that I’m back on the new inhaler, I’m wheezing again and I’m very unhappy. Anyone who suffers from asthma knows all too well how frightening it is to not get relief from a trusted medication. This once effective, expensive medication (I pay out of pocket) is no longer doing it’s job! Please find a way return to the original dispenser without compromising the quality of the medication."

Mads June 15, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I was on the old design of the Qvar inhaler and totally fine. I have had the same issue as many other people have commented- it randomly does not dispense medicine when used leading to uncontrolled asthma. I'm on my fourth redihaler and this one started malfunctioning at 83 doses left. The reason I noticed the first one was malfunctioning? My asthma became dangerously out of control and upon inspecting my inhaler after taking it I saw white mist slowly spew out AFTER I had already taken a puff."

Barney · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 9, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I find that Qvar Redihaler doesn't dispense all the time. Like it runs out too soon. My COPD has gotten worse because I thought it was working and only sucking in my air and not getting any of the medicine"

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 29, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "New Inhalers device fail when still half or more of the medicine is left"

June · Taken for 10 years or more May 18, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I can definitely relate to all of the 1 rating comments as my medicine was not coming out of the Qvar RediHaler stopping at the 50 counter. Remember, there is a solution to every problem! Seeing as this new device doesn't work properly I have worked out how to fix Qvar rediHaler device so it works - you can pop off the top part which twists off, and you manually press for your medicine!! No more wasting and getting a new haler."

Gardengirl · Taken for 10 years or more May 17, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I have been on Qvar 80 for about a decade. My asthma was completely under control. Now the last 2 Redihalers have been a nightmare. My current one squirts out liquid seconds after I inhale. If I leave it in my mouth. It shoots out the medicine and it hurts and causes me to choke. I have had so much more trouble with my asthma attacks, my asthma isn'r controlled. And since my Medicare insurance won’t cover it, I’m paying for an expensive inhaler that doesn’t work."

Joe · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 9, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "As others have stated, after using about half a puffer, it clogs or sprays your face after you pull it away. Ripping the device apart by peeling off the label and twisting off the top is the only way to use the second half of the medicine. Cleaning it doesn't always work. I changed to another drug since I can't tell when it stops delivering medicine until days later when my asthma gets worse. This Qvar RediHaler is unsafe for asthmatics."

KIP · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 7, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "The QVAR REDIHALER does not work as well as the previous QVAR device. I get a terrible dry mouth and throat. Please go back to the original."

Kermit · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 6, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "As with others who have given Qvar RediHaler a one star. I am having the same problem with the “redihaler device” compared to the old style. They need to fix this now. Causing severe medical problems."

QVARuser · Taken for less than 1 month April 21, 2019

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I was diagnosed with mycoplasma pneumonia after months of experiencing chest pains, palpitations, and, in the third month, breathing difficulties. The first treatment was a Z-Pak, which presumably killed off the bacteria, but the breathing issues persisted due to hyper reactive airways after months battling an infection without a diagnosis. Singulair didn't work after using it for a week or two, so we moved to more aggressive treatment with Qvar. Using the spacer is a must, as is heavy rinsing of the mouth and gargling. It isn't supposed to take full effect until 14 days in, but it has already started helping incrementally. Certainly less coughing. With that said, by day three I noticed that I was having random spells of nausea, and by day four I was having peculiar back/chest/arm/neck aches that seem to feel like a pinched nerve. I will post another update in a few weeks when, hopefully, this drug finally resolves my post-mycoplasma lung issues."

modretro · Taken for less than 1 month April 2, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "The new one, Qvar RediHaler, doesn't work properly, it quits working halfway through. A lot of the time it sprays after the fact. I am having trouble breathing due to this not working correctly. I am going to my pharmacist and my doctor to have them change to something that will work. Get your expensive drug off the market/recall this before you end up with a law suit."

Andrew · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 15, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Was using the old pump QVAR and it was working great. When it came time to renew my prescription I was surprized to find these new devices. They do not work to delivery the mediation. Went on ThingVerse and 3D Printed an Integrated inhaler and Aerochamber. Works great. Really sucks that Teva changed the format and is now ripping people off. The meds are the same but the new delivery device and even the canister have changed. so that you cannot use your old inhaler body. Very sad. You can find it here to print your own. Search on your computer: Inhalo - Asthma Inhaler + Space by by DannySanchez Regards, Andrew"

Soup Lady · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 11, 2019

For Asthma, Maintenance: "The Qvar Redihaler is an expensive rip off that is jeopardizing peoples' lives. I used the original Qvar inhaler for years with success. Since I started using the Redihaler, I have had constant flares. Even though I have cleaned it as instructed, it starts malfunctioning after about 30 doses. It either dispenses too late to be inhaled or very little, or nothing, comes out at all. My pharmacy mails out 3 at a time and they all malfunctioned. My doctor switched me to a new medication because of this. TEVA refuses to refund my money. Qvar Redihaler device is a problem as it fails to work."

LA Jill March 9, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "The RediHaler does not have enough force to deliver the medication to be helpful to me. The previous delivery method was so much better. This is useless (i even tried modifying it to pump versus having to suck/inhale) and I’m so upset because it used to work so well. It also costs me a small fortune even with insurance. I’m going to ask my allergist for something else."

Beagle · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 23, 2019

Qvar (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "My asthma was controlled on old qvar, but since they changed to the redi inhaler, I’ve had consistent and worsening asthma symptoms. Something is not working. I’ve had to go on oral steroids three times in the last 6 months."

Wheezer · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 10, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I love the new Redihaler. I find it much better than trying to coordinate a squeeze and inhalation. I can feel the drug being pulled into my lungs and hope this type of inhaler will eventually replace the previous type of inhaler across all active ingredients for breathing disorders (not just Qvar). Realizing that many people prefer the older delivery mechanism, perhaps both can be offered as a patient's choice?"

LAP · Taken for 10 years or more February 9, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I've used Qvar and had no problems until they switched to the redihaler. Now my asthma is not controlled and I wake up lots of nights struggling to breathe. I called the company to replace my inhaler because it stopped working half way through. I get 3 at a time through mail order and I think they're way too expensive to be such junk. I tried to use the 2nd inhaler from my mail order and it doesn't work at all so I'm going to have to call them back to replace that one as well. I would throw the inhalers away but they are too expensive. I can't believe this company is messing with people's lives!! I will be switching to another brand if I don't die in the meantime."

JT February 8, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I have been successfully using a Qvar regular old fashioned inhaler and my asthma (and heart palps that went with it) have been under control for now over ten years. The minute I started using the new Qvar Redihaler everything went back. I've tried every way of enhancing the use, and it is point blank not effective. So I'm folding and going outside of the USA to get the old version which is available everywhere, and I hope everyone who has an issue whether for adults or kids will not settle because a drug manufacturer (TEVA), is protecting the US patent rights to the medicine (which is why they change the design method). Easy to get thru online ordering from Canadian online services. I know by ordering out of the country I'm still helping the pharma and my insurance (cuz its out of pocket....$99 for 3 inhalers of 40mg). But we have to be smart consumers....If you go to Ecuador, you can buy inhalers right from the pharmacy without a prescription, so take a vacation!!"

Mrs. Dee · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 8, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "My first question is why was the old qvar container discontinued if something is not broke why would you try and fix it? IF a four-year-old was having a problem with container, the parent should have shared this information with the doctor, I am a adult patient and my experience with the new inhaler is awful, I have not been able to get any relief since you change the inhaler ( container) if you lose the patient that benefit from the old dispenser you would have lost money and also your customers. In order for me not to end up in the hospital I would like to receive the oldest container of qvar back at my Pharmacy "