User Reviews for Beclomethasone to treat Asthma, Maintenance

Also known as: Qvar RediHaler

Beclomethasone has an average rating of 3.4 out of 10 from a total of 161 ratings for the treatment of Asthma, Maintenance. 20% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 66% reported a negative effect.

Beclomethasone Rating Summary

3.4/10 average rating

Compare all 71 medications used in the treatment of Asthma, Maintenance.

Reviews for Beclomethasone

Vitto · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 25, 2020

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone): “QVAR has worked for me but like all users have mentioned, the Qvar RediHaler stopped working with over 40 puffs left. I found you can just remove the sticker and turn the top off and you can just press on the canister as a normal inhaler - no need to find any other inhaler, just leave the top off.”

Sarah · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 16, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone): “People PLEASE go to the FDA website and use the page for online reporting and report this product! It only takes a few people reporting it to have it investigated. We should not be paying $200+ to have the new inhaler stop working mid month, then have dangerous asthma attacks if we can't afford to replace the inhaler mid month. I made the company aware of my problem. It's happened to me with two inhalers in a row, they won't replace them and I am stuck with them and increasingly and increasingly bad asthma. I am switching brands, but can't immediately since I just paid $236 for the Qvar”

TP123 · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 22, 2020

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone): “I also had problems when they switched to the Qvar redihaler. Complained to my Allergist so she showed me a trick. You peel the label off the inhaler and then twist the top and bottom part of inhaler until the top part comes off. Then it can be used like a regular inhaler and the counter still works.”

DJ · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 3, 2020

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone): “I have been using Qvar for asthma maintenance for years. They changed the dispensing system a while ago. IT IS A NIGHTMARE! The dispensing works occasionally, but then it stops. I called the company TEVA and then sent me 2 new dispensers. same problem. It works a few times, I try to unclog it and still nothing. The product is an oxymoron. How are you supposed to suck the product into your lungs when you can't breathe deeply to begin with. Ridiculous creation by people who do not have breathing issues. IDIOTS! I am contacting the FDA to do something.”

Frustrated patient · Taken for less than 1 month August 14, 2020

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone): “I am on my 2nd Qvar and it quit working also. I did exactly what I did with the 1st one per company to clean it ( had to send it back by my pharmacist) so I started reading online and I too have taken it apart and used By pressing down on silver part inside like a regular inhaler. The redihaler is too expensive and med needed. Company should figure out better way to dispense the Medicine!!!”

Lima · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 28, 2020

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone): “The RediHaler does not dispense a full 200 inhalations. I have found month after month that when the inhalation’s get down to the 25 inhalations range, it does not dispense a full inhalation. I have the same breathing and withdrawal symptoms month after month. Pharmacy will not refill before the full 200 inhalations are prescribed are used. The manufacture needs to fix this problem.”

Stephanie · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 8, 2020

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone): “My husband and son have been using Qvar for years for their asthma. My husband has severe asthma and when he uses Qvar he doesn’t need his rescue inhaler, if he goes off it he needs it several times a day. My son rarely needs his rescue because of Qvar, even when he gets sick. It’s been a life saver... literally. Luckily the copays haven’t been too awful over the years. They’ve ranged anywhere from $20-$75. I’m rating Qvar a 9 because of the Redihaler device. It’s awful. Luckily my son’s pediatrician told us a trick in how to turn the Qvar Redihale into a normal inhaler - Pull off the top (you have to pull hard) and it can be used like a normal inhaler. And it works! Just like the old inhalers! Don’t fix what isn’t broken, Qvar!”

ME · Taken for 10 years or more April 27, 2020

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone): “Qvar has worked for me great HOWEVER these new redihalers are terrible. They all stop working when there is plenty of medicine remaining. I discovered this just like everyone else on here, by not being able to breathe well and thinking something more is wrong with me only to discover that no medicine is being dispensed even though the counter displays 96 dispenses left.”

Kajo January 28, 2020

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone): “This product is terrible! In order to charge us more money they have patented this ready Haler (Qvar redihaler). It stops working halfway and there are times when you do not get the dose at all. There are other times when it spits into the back of your throat not giving you the medication correctly. Costly and ineffective halfway through. The public shouldn’t have to put up with this.”

Asthma · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 26, 2020

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone): “So glad I saw these reviews before ordering another. Stopped working with over 50 left. Didn’t know it. Went from perfect never using my rescue, to four day long attacks, needing the rescue and oral steroids. Finally discovered the redihaler was sputtering after I inhaled. Wow.”

Dee Jones · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 5, 2020

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone): “I just started using asthma maintenance medicines this year and have a horrible time with Qvar. The medications stopped coming out after only a few doses. I have read everything from the company on how to clean etc but that doesn't help. The last time I didn't realize it wasn't working and ended up starting strong withdrawal symptoms that really scared me. My doctor switched me to another medicine and I am doing fine. The manufacturer needs to fix this, it could really hurt someone.”

Beware of Qvar Readyhaler! September 13, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone): “I have had the same issues as others here. I have bought 5 or 6 of the Qvar RediHaler and used about a 1/4 of it before I wasn’t getting any doses. Now I twist the top off and use it the way it used to be. I can push the canister down and inhale and hear if I am getting the med. what a terrible design.”

Js · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 8, 2020

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone): “The Qvar RediHaler doesn’t work to dispense medicine properly! Works for awhile and then stops. Medicine is great but this Redihaler is absolute garbage. I just now took canister out and will hopefully be able to get proper dosage through the old method (I have the old devices still!) very disappointing to pay the amount of money for something that doesn’t work through the full cycle.”

Katie · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 15, 2020

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone): “The Qvar RediHaler dispensers keep stopping and do not work properly; keep having to use rescue inhaler because these things DO NOT WORK CORRECTLY! Suppose to help control asthma not create a bigger issue...”

Ashley&Landon May 31, 2017

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone): “NEVER NEVER give this medicine to your children! If I could give this medicine a zero I would. My 4 year old son started taking the Qvar inhaler for his asthma. Over the next 3-4 months he started to have nosebleeds. I've tried everything from antibiotics, saline, humidifiers, nothing was helping. One day my son woke up with a nosebleed screaming he was blind, he turned blue, puked up a lot of blood and went limp in my arms. This qvar inhaler caused severe swelling in his sinuses, nosebleeds and low blood pressure. I thought my child had died in my arms I was terrified. I took him off the inhaler and he hasn't had a nosebleed in 3 months. Theres no reason that should have happened to a 4 year old. I would never want anybody to experience that”

DH · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 10, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone): “I used the Qvar Inhaler for years without issues. Since starting on the Qvar Redihaler months ago, I have not been able to control my asthma. The redihaler would plug, dispense once I removed my mouth spraying into the air it is a faulty product design. I just got home from the hospital, spent two nights due to asthma issues for the first time in 12 years. I told the doctors that I felt part of the cause of my visit is a faulty inhaler which brought me to bring up these reviews. This product is ineffective for me.”

Lung Yak · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 28, 2020

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone): “Hi, Holy Moly! I had 3 Redi-Inhalers that stopped working...and OH, I didn't realize it. Headline: take the medicine out of this stupid plastic container and put in it in another, older push one...I had an albuteral device sitting around. I only use them when I have lung yak, which happens after having a cold/sinus thing. A couple days, couple shots a day and I'm always fine. I went a week + not getting better, oh and freaking out I might have Corona...ugh... Once I figured out issue was the Qvar redihaler device, and actually GOT medicine into my lungs, I felt an immediate improvement. I can't believe these things are still being distributed!”

Ly · Taken for less than 1 month March 20, 2020

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone): “I thought I was using the redihaler wrong. I suck really hard but it’s delayed dispensing the medicine. By that time I’m out of breath. It only dispenses in my mouth. Not in my lungs. How can the company get away with this? I am going to tell the doctors I work with to dispense another medicine to patients this thing is a scam.”

Joy · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 24, 2020

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone): “My Qvar redihaler stopped functioning about half way through the inhaler. I wake up struggling to breathe And need to use my pro-air albuterol. Now I fail the breathing tests at my pulmonologist. TEVA needs to reimburse us and use a different device for delivery of the medication.”

Tammy · Taken for 10 years or more January 14, 2020

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone): “I've used qvar for 10 plus years and has always worked well for me, the Redihaler qvar is NOT the same. I tried using redihaler and I had so many side effects. Why would they take away Qvar????? Makes me angry that these businesses and manufacturers just stop making products that actually work and they course have no clue what it is like to have chronic severe asthma. I'm so miserable ever since I stopped using my Qvar and have been living in agony since. Redihaler is a joke and should be banned all together. It's not affective. I loved Qvar and always be a forever advocate of how well it worked for me.”

Derrick November 11, 2019

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone): “The new red Qvar Redihaler is the worst inhaler design I've ever had the experience to use. After about 30-40 uses the thing malfunctions every time. The medication itself works great, the problem is the delivery system. It either doesn't give the full dosage, doesn't dose at all, or doses once you close the lid.”

Donna Carol · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 15, 2014

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone): “I have severe asthma/COPD and have tried different inhalers through the years most only gave me a deeper voice and white patches in my mouth. That has not been my experience with Qvar 80. This medication has really helped my breathing with no white patches or deepened voice. I take 2 puffs am/pm and I am really pleased.”

mheidelberger May 13, 2008

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone): “I have been using it for about a month now, and my reliance on my rescue inhaler have decreased considerably. When you first start taking it, be patient because it takes a few weeks before you notice it starting to work.”

Anonymous June 11, 2010

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone): “I recently went on QVAR to help control my moderate asthma. I felt the effects within the first week of use. I used to wheeze and cough with every weather change, laughing, or cheering at hockey games. Since starting, I have only had to use my rescue inhaler once. The only negative is that it is causing my voice to faulter and I have a sore throat sometimes. I will gladly take those small inconveniences for the overall benefits of this medicine.”

Aryboob · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 15, 2016

Qvar RediHaler (beclomethasone): “QVAR does NOTHING for me except make my Asthma worse! I have been prescribed this medication for about 8 years now. When taken every day it made my asthma worse and I feel myself reaching for my Albuterol constantly. I've had this opinion since I was a child and the Dr. basically thinks I'm full of it.. Well, I stopped using it for years (and my Asthma issues stopped except for occasional flare ups), my Dr. told me to start it again once a day and now my Asthma is awful, I get the "elephant on the chest" feeling without any physical activity. I'm done wasting my time on this medication.”