User Reviews for Aspirin / butalbital / caffeine to treat Headache

Also known as: Butalbital Compound, Fiorinal, Fortabs, Fiormor, Fiortal, Farbital

Aspirin / butalbital / caffeine has an average rating of 8.8 out of 10 from a total of 19 ratings for the treatment of Headache. 79% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 5% reported a negative effect.

Aspirin/butalbital/caffeine Rating Summary

8.8/10 average rating

Compare all 229 medications used in the treatment of Headache.

Reviews for Aspirin / butalbital / caffeine

LifeIsFaire · Taken for less than 1 month April 16, 2020

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): “My father and I both used to get horrible headaches. I was given this drug Fiorinal in the E.R. I filled the script and wow no more headache. I took 1 and did't need another. 2 weeks later my dad got 1 of our headaches and I gave him 1 and same thing headache gone. Guess what we never got 1 of our headaches again EVER. He is sadly now gone he went the next 26 years without another and I am currently at 30 years since and still have not had 1 of those headaches again!”

Wilson · Taken for 10 years or more April 22, 2019

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): “I have taken fiorinal for 15+ years with no issues. It works well with no side effects. I take it when a headache arises, works fast as well. Sad that now its hard to get because of all the abusers of meds .”

Brat · Taken for less than 1 month November 15, 2018

“Taken for cluster headache. Didn't help at all, but caused horrid pain in gut. I have acute pancreatitis. Asked doc if it was safe and she said yes. It wasn't safe”

Anonymous September 22, 2014

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): “I have had headaches since I was 13. I wake up with a headache and go to bed with a headache. I have been taking Fiorinal for approximately 25 years. It not only works on my migraines but also tension headaches. My doctor is very hesitant about prescribing this medication for fear of addiction but I know how to control how often and how much I take. I've tried many other prescription and over the counter medicines and Fiorinal is the only medicine that will get rid of my headaches with no side effects so I can function. It's very effective and should never be taken off the market or classified as a controlled substance.”

Anonymous September 22, 2009

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): “I have used Fiorinal for 31 years. I use it sparingly, so as not to develop any resistance to it (I don't want my body to not respond to it). It works wonderfully on my headaches ... I can take 2 caps, lie down in a dark room for 20-30 minutes and my headache is gone. I have found that I take less medication when I take 2 at a time. If I take only 1 capsule, I will have to take at least 2 more doses ... and wait 4 hrs between doses ... before the headache is gone. This way, the headache is gone quickly and I use the minimum amount of Fiorinal.”

Bman51 · Taken for 10 years or more December 29, 2012

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): “I have used Fiorinal for over 30 years and like others try to use it sparingly. My goal is to only use it no more than 10 pills per month - usually less. It is the only thing that works for my headaches. I have tried all other over the counter medicine and they do nothing. I find that if I catch the headache early one pill will do the trick. However, if I wait too long it may not work. I have Fioricet for bad headaches but I don't like the side effects of the codeine. I rarely ever use it. The only bad thing with Fiorinal is that I can't take it at night because the caffeine will keep me awake. My pharmacist says that they may discontinue the drug in a few years - I hope not as I need it.”

Rachaels88 December 6, 2015

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): “I have been taking Fiorinol for 50 years for bad headaches...It has been a lifesaver for me, and nips the headaches in the bud, before they lead to extreme nausea and taking to my bed. Unfortunately the generic does not work for me, and it has been increasingly difficult to get Fiorinol as the price has gone up dramatically lately. My insurance covers none of it. What can I do?? Help!!!”

Anonymous March 18, 2012

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): “I've been getting headaches most of my life. I started taking Fiorinal for the past 30 years. I find it to be a "miracle" for my headaches as long as I take it when I feel the headache starting. If I wait until the headache develops, it takes longer to work, but the headache does go away.”

Anonymous November 6, 2009

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): “I have been using this medication for my complex tension headaches for 2 years now. I have a condition that causes chronic muscle spasms/trigger points in my upper back, shoulders, and neck. In turn the spasms start a chain reaction which results in severe headaches. This is the only medication that has successfully relieved my pain, and it does it without any adverse effects, and very quickly. 2 capsules, either at the same time or within an hour of each other, and the pain is on its way and I am able to move and turn my head again.”

Anonymous August 26, 2009

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): “I start taking this medicine about 7 years ago. I used to have this very bad headaches and my Doctor kept giving me others medicines that never worked, at that time my husband had a prescription for Fiorinal to cure his tention headaches and one day when I was in a very bad shape, he suggested me to have one. After 1/2 hour I start felling the release. Since then I have my own prescription. It worked wonderful for me and my husband (we are both professionals and very busy at work).”

Marv · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 19, 2018

Butalbital Compound (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): “I have been taking a Butalbatol compound with actominaphen and caffeine as needed for 3 years to resolve migraine headaches. I have been thru the gamut of other pain meds prescribed by several neurologists, but Butalbatol is the only one that works in the short term. Also I notice it is not addictive.”

kismetangel · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 16, 2015

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): “I've taken Fiorinal for about a year, initially it was great. One pill would totally knock out a headache. Little drowsy for about 30 minutes and I was good to go. Started having to increase the the number of times I take it about 4 months ago, started having abnormal vaginal bleeding; my doctor thinks it's the aspirin and the fact that I've had to take more. Aspirin is a blood thinner. I switched to Fioricet, same drug, but replaces the asprin with Tylenol. Back to normal now. Try Fioricet if Fiorinal dosen't work for you.”

Anonymous January 19, 2013

Butalbital Compound (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): “Have been getting migraines for ten yrs or more. Migraines run in my family. This medication is the only one I have found that gets rid of the migraine to where you can be functional.”

sdallenhou · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 19, 2016

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): “When I have a severe headache that does not fully meet the criteria for a migraine, I turn to Fiorinal. It usually totally knocks the headache out. I would gladly endorse this product.”

Anonymous August 27, 2009

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): “Fiorinal is the ONLY pain medicine that will help my headache to any degree of satisfaction. Thanking God for it.”

Anonymous July 28, 2011

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): “Headache treatment is different for everybody, but this is the only medicine that has ever worked for me. It gets rid of the headache 95% of the time!”

Anonymous May 21, 2009

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): “This medication works great for my tension headaches. I only need them once or twice a week; taking two relieves the headache or at least reduces it so much that it does not bother me.”

Anonymous February 10, 2009

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): “Fiorinal works on my headaches when nothing else would. I have not noticed any side effects. Recommend it highly for those pesky tension headaches”

Tamma November 7, 2009

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): “This drug works wonders on my headaches!”

LHowell89 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 26, 2016

Butalbital Compound (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): “Honestly wish my M.D. or P.M. doctor had prescribed fiorinal or fioricet with codeine phosphate 3. I was taking that version for years last rx call in was only for fioricet.”

Anonymous November 13, 2009

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): “Felt like the headache was squeezed out of my head.”

Anonymous November 25, 2009

Fiorinal (aspirin / butalbital / caffeine): “Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't on my tension headaches. Seems to work better than Aspirin and Caffeine alone, but not by much.”