User Reviews for Saphris

Learn more about Saphris.

Schizophrenia 23 reviews 42 medications

7.8
Bipolar Disorder 167 reviews 33 medications

7.6
Summary of Saphris reviews 190 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Saphris

For Bipolar Disorder "Is it addictive"

Anonymous February 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Schizophrenia "I've been on so many antipsychotics, but none have ever worked as well as Saphris. (I'm on 40 mgs. I think that's the max dose.) It tastes HORRIBLE. They are supposedly "black cherry" flavored. Well, I don't know where the manufacturers are getting THEIR black cherries, but this stuff certainly doesn't taste like any cherries I have ever eaten! Other than the taste and the tingly tongue, I love it. It had been a miracle worker for me. I'm relieved, because I think my psychiatrist and I are running out of options!"

CBuyck January 13, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Schizophrenia "really don't like the taste of it- i dread having to take it"

vmz December 24, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "I started taking this at 5mg for bipolar disorder. Firstly, the wafer I had to put under my tongue was horrendous! The taste can only be described as the taste of poison. It made my tongue numb. It made me extremely drowsy but it was hard to sleep because I had almost a painful restlessness in my legs so felt I couldn't stop moving yet I was so tired. It was a very uncomfortable feeling. This drug, an anti-psychotic MADE me psychotic. It dramatically changed my personally from the moment I took it. I became aggressive and angry at everyone. If I'd had a higher dose, i think I could have become homicidal. This was a terrible drug for me so I didn't last on it long at all, it was just too dangerous for me."

Ozrach10 (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "Have been on and off Saphris several times. For me, being on Saphris is like turning a light switch on. I go from being manic/depressed to functioning like a normal human. But.... the side effects have made me quit several times - irregular heartbeat, fainting, nausea, etc. Now back on at a low dose with Lamictal and clonezepam for panic disorder. Feel pretty good. Hope it will last. Without Saphris, I am non-functional - so doing my best to manage the side effects while getting the benefits of this medication. Best of luck to all."

Lunabee77 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 2, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been taking this med for years and I feel trapped. I don't think it really does anything for me. The problem is that I tried to stop taking it and I became completely useless, tired, irritable, and full of anxiety. Right now I have not taken it for two days because I forgot it before I went out of town. I am tired, got insomnia and I feel like I am hung over and nauseous. The withdrawals from taking this medication is awful. So I think anyone that wants to start this med should seriously consider this when making a decision to ingest this. I am not the only one who has experienced this. There is a lot about withdrawing from this med on the net."

831 November 30, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "Bad experience causes extreme restless leg syndrome and back aches, taste horrible also , only been on 20 mgs a day for 3 weeks so hopefully not much withdrawals I'm stopping cold turkey as I need my sleep gonna dry bendryl as I think its a allergic reaction. Would never take again."

cookie 1234 November 17, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "Helpful BUT it tastes TERRIBLE I absolutely hate the taste I would rather receive it through an injection than how I have to take it but my psychiatrist told me that it is okay to swallow it with a drink instead of the manufacturer directions also it is kind of like false advertising because it says that it tastes like black cherry but it does NOT at all when I was 5 I accidentally ate a small amount of poop and from what I remember it tastes almost exactly the same."

Aerh (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 12, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "I'm currently on Saphris, I just starting working for the first time in 3 years. Ive been on Saphris about 10 months. 2 days ago I woke up and had white canker sores in my mouth, tingling lips. This drug is so great, can take it and wake up 6 hours later and not feel tired all day."

Pratt93 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 1, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Schizophrenia "Has an uncomfortable side effect shortly after taking it, where muscles, particularly in lower legs/feet, tense up. Goes away after a short while. Overall totally worth it."

Sundai October 19, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Schizophrenia "Hi! I have been on this medicine for only 2 weeks and I already know that its the best thing that could happen for me. I wanted to post so others know that the benefits of Saphris are real in my case. Perhaps peoples side effects are from other medicines/withdrawal from other medicines??... I was on olanzapine but I continued to have unclear thinking and my weight gain over a year was astronomical. I live in Australia and its a subsidised medicine here, it is truely the lucky country and Im so very greatful, this medicine is changing my life."

Kite76 October 14, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "A side effect of this medication for me was tardive dyskinesia."

Gizmo298 October 10, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "I am the mother of an adult son that has been taking this medicine for over 2 years. It has done wonders !!! He has remained stable on this medicine. He takes 2 10 mg doses at night with trazadone, lamictle, welbutrin and valium. Right after taking his meds he does get the munchies and right after he is asleep - He functions very well during the day - is attending college full time going for his bachlors - Because he has done so well he was determined no longer disabled and lost his health insurance - the cost of this out of pocket her in VA is 1300.00. He has applied for the assistance program and we are hoping - he doctor did give him samples and he is good for at least 2 months - if not maybe I will check into a Canadian pharmacy"

Jisduit October 6, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "I have Bipolar II and I couldn't sleep and was suffering from mania and cutting. It helped with all of that. I could fall asleep in 10 minutes which was a god send. I went through the pharmacutic patient assistance program to get it free because it cost me $200 a month. After taking it for a while I noticed it was causing neurological problems in the form of foot drop. I constantly tripped and fell and had to wear a bulky brace on my foot. I came of of saphris during a manic episode and noticed that my foot healed. Saphris is good in some was but bad in others."

Andrea the cutter September 21, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "I had tried many medications to level out my bipolar disorder and relieve my GAD and it seemed that when I would get one symptom straight one of the others would reappear. Years it took, eventually my doc decided to try something new when the depression hit and nothing seemed to be helping. So I started trileptal, which helped noticeably but I wasn't sleeping so he recommended saphris to help me sleep, I was a little apprehensive but desired to feel better so I agreed to try it. I am beyond satisfied with it. I feel better than I have been in as long as I remember. I am back in school full time and working full time without the edginess if mania. I feel like myself again. My friends and family have commented on how well I seem to be."

Lovajule (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "Have been on Saphris, Trileptal, and Effexor for about 3 years now for Bi-Polar disorder and depression. I take 5mg of Saphris before bed and I can only sleep about 2 hours if I miss a dose of Saphris. Otherwise, I sleep about 9 hours of deep and restful sleep. I do not function well. Not sure which drug is responsible, but I have issues with focusing and memory that I never had before. I still have thoughts of suicide almost daily, but this is the best I've functioned on any drug and I've been on them all except Lithium."

48 yr old male (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 29, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "This drug was an experience in itself. The 1st night I got the restless legs syndrome and kept getting out of bed to go to the bathroom because I had this urge to urinate but... when I got there, couldn't. Then, the next day in the morning I felt whacked. Stoned. Then, I'd pick up after breakfast and my mind would race. I'd become manic. Which was enjoyable. Like an uber high. That bit was good. But kinda defeats the purpose ... so goodbye Saphris."

BrizeVegasGal (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "Taken by teen with schizoaffective disorder. 5mg didn't work so well, gradually increased to 15mg and then medication worked wonders. Happy, stable mood, very little side effects after three months. Diminished irritability and aggression. More friendly and overall happier."

JMSS July 18, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Schizophrenia "I took Saphris for about 3 months for very, very mild schizoaffective disorder. I have body paranoia, delusions, constant fear, anxiety, severe depression, anorexia (unrelated) etc. This medication took all of that away. I was happy, smiling more, being more social, I was eating more again and even got back to a healthy weight (intentional gains) However, after being on it for 3 months I found myself unable to do every day tasks. My mental ability to do anything was gone, totally. My mental functioning got so bad I had to have an accommodation through HR at work so I didn't lose my job while I got off the meds. Overall, super helpful. But that whole brain not working was a dealbreaker. I was so sad to get off Saphris. Back to square one."

daintyd (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Schizophrenia "About 1 week in, so far, this drug has worked well, still getting inappropriate laughter, but I feel much more functional than when I was on risperdal and lithium. I don't feel as hungry, I feel more purposeful, I get more done, I feel better. It's still to early to give a review in terms of how well I like the drug, but I have a good feeling about this drug, I believe it will be a step up from the medication I have been on previously. The most important thing is that I believe I'm sleeping well on this drug, better than any other drug I have been on."

JediBill (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "I was put on 2.5 mg every night of saphris, about 2 weeks ago. It has been utter hell for me. Not only Did it make my tactile hallucinations worse, it caused more problems than before. I've had to go to the ER. I'm more agitated than before. I'm bipolar. Isn't this a bipolar med? I'm not schizophrenic. And what's worse is that even though I'm on the lowest possible dose and only taking once a day, after stopping it IM STILL GETTING WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS! And not small ones. Like I said before I had to go to the ER. I'm drinking a lot of water but I still had a extremely low amount of electrolytes. I ended up using two full bags of fluid. This drug is not safe. It does more harm than good."

Bipolar penguin (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "Used it for six weeks. Cluster headaches, Not able to sleep. Foggy all day from lack of sleep. Mind raced 1000 miles per hour. bm several times a day. muscle cramps in feet dosage 5 mg to start 2 days 10 mg 2 days 15 mg on day 5 at night.this went on for 6 weeks doctor saying it would get better. it didn't. finely stopped and went back to depakote. I can live with the small tremors. back to being able to sleep no headache"

D Jones (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 2, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "Bipolar II with severe anxiety. Saphris is doesn't work for most people but for the ones it does work for, it can be a life changing miracle drug. That's been my experience. I spent 10 years either so depressed or anxious that I could barely get out of bed. I took my first dose at bedtime and when I woke up the next mrning the anxiety was gone. It gave me my life back. I take the whole daily dose at night. It knocks me out cold for at least 3 hours and I can't function at alI if take it in the morning. I had horrible mouth sores.Finally figured out that it was from the dry mouth caused by my other meds. Now I take a sip of water first and after it dissolves, I suck on a caramel or a couple of pieces of candy. "

Deep Hein May 31, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "Bad drug I wonder If all the good reviews on the internet was written by the Company behind it ...first i took 5mg X2 The morning dose made me sleepy at the point that I can't stay awake for 5 minutes...Now I take 10mg at night It makes me sleep for 12 hours (Can't wake up) & gave me Flat affect- totally impaired Thinking- Loss Of hope in life - Suicidal thoughts -Problems in tongue & Talking ( bec. Its sublingual) ...Horrible Drug & Don't Believe All the good reviews you read !"

HSog May 31, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

For Bipolar Disorder "I was diagnosed with bipolar in 2007 PTSD borderline personality disorder,panic attack anxiety I was taking abilify,carbamazepine my doctor took me off those and put me on olanzapine but than my legs & ankles started swelling so they took off that than my doctor wanted me to try Seroquel I really didn't want to try that because you become a zombie well I never got that drug instead I got saphtis but I'm having side-effects my legs,feet,ankles feels like my whole body swelling ankles,I'm itchy as well I don't know what the rash looks like is welts like mosquito bites or just hives? I'm not sure if I should stop taking it that will be sad if I have stop taking it because it really works for me other than I have insomnia and the swelling."

Lovepeguin May 2, 2016