User Reviews for Saphris

Learn more about Saphris.

Bipolar Disorder 155 reviews 33 medications

7.8
Schizophrenia 19 reviews 42 medications

7.5
Summary of Saphris reviews 174 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Saphris

For Bipolar Disorder "This drug was an experience in itself. The 1st night I got the restless legs syndrome and kept getting out of bed to go to the bathroom because I had this urge to urinate but... when I got there, couldn't. Then, the next day in the morning I felt whacked. Stoned. Then, I'd pick up after breakfast and my mind would race. I'd become manic. Which was enjoyable. Like an uber high. That bit was good. But kinda defeats the purpose ... so goodbye Saphris."

BrizeVegasGal (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Taken by teen with schizoaffective disorder. 5mg didn't work so well, gradually increased to 15mg and then medication worked wonders. Happy, stable mood, very little side effects after three months. Diminished irritability and aggression. More friendly and overall happier."

JMSS July 18, 2016

For Schizophrenia "I took Saphris for about 3 months for very, very mild schizoaffective disorder. I have body paranoia, delusions, constant fear, anxiety, severe depression, anorexia (unrelated) etc. This medication took all of that away. I was happy, smiling more, being more social, I was eating more again and even got back to a healthy weight (intentional gains) However, after being on it for 3 months I found myself unable to do every day tasks. My mental ability to do anything was gone, totally. My mental functioning got so bad I had to have an accommodation through HR at work so I didn't lose my job while I got off the meds. Overall, super helpful. But that whole brain not working was a dealbreaker. I was so sad to get off Saphris. Back to square one."

daintyd (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2016

For Schizophrenia "About 1 week in, so far, this drug has worked well, still getting inappropriate laughter, but I feel much more functional than when I was on risperdal and lithium. I don't feel as hungry, I feel more purposeful, I get more done, I feel better. It's still to early to give a review in terms of how well I like the drug, but I have a good feeling about this drug, I believe it will be a step up from the medication I have been on previously. The most important thing is that I believe I'm sleeping well on this drug, better than any other drug I have been on."

JediBill (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I was put on 2.5 mg every night of saphris, about 2 weeks ago. It has been utter hell for me. Not only Did it make my tactile hallucinations worse, it caused more problems than before. I've had to go to the ER. I'm more agitated than before. I'm bipolar. Isn't this a bipolar med? I'm not schizophrenic. And what's worse is that even though I'm on the lowest possible dose and only taking once a day, after stopping it IM STILL GETTING WITHDRAWAL SYMPTOMS! And not small ones. Like I said before I had to go to the ER. I'm drinking a lot of water but I still had a extremely low amount of electrolytes. I ended up using two full bags of fluid. This drug is not safe. It does more harm than good."

Bipolar penguin (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Used it for six weeks. Cluster headaches, Not able to sleep. Foggy all day from lack of sleep. Mind raced 1000 miles per hour. bm several times a day. muscle cramps in feet dosage 5 mg to start 2 days 10 mg 2 days 15 mg on day 5 at night.this went on for 6 weeks doctor saying it would get better. it didn't. finely stopped and went back to depakote. I can live with the small tremors. back to being able to sleep no headache"

D Jones (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 2, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Bipolar II with severe anxiety. Saphris is doesn't work for most people but for the ones it does work for, it can be a life changing miracle drug. That's been my experience. I spent 10 years either so depressed or anxious that I could barely get out of bed. I took my first dose at bedtime and when I woke up the next mrning the anxiety was gone. It gave me my life back. I take the whole daily dose at night. It knocks me out cold for at least 3 hours and I can't function at alI if take it in the morning. I had horrible mouth sores.Finally figured out that it was from the dry mouth caused by my other meds. Now I take a sip of water first and after it dissolves, I suck on a caramel or a couple of pieces of candy. "

Deep Hein May 31, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Bad drug I wonder If all the good reviews on the internet was written by the Company behind it ...first i took 5mg X2 The morning dose made me sleepy at the point that I can't stay awake for 5 minutes...Now I take 10mg at night It makes me sleep for 12 hours (Can't wake up) & gave me Flat affect- totally impaired Thinking- Loss Of hope in life - Suicidal thoughts -Problems in tongue & Talking ( bec. Its sublingual) ...Horrible Drug & Don't Believe All the good reviews you read !"

HSog May 31, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I was diagnosed with bipolar in 2007 PTSD borderline personality disorder,panic attack anxiety I was taking abilify,carbamazepine my doctor took me off those and put me on olanzapine but than my legs & ankles started swelling so they took off that than my doctor wanted me to try Seroquel I really didn't want to try that because you become a zombie well I never got that drug instead I got saphtis but I'm having side-effects my legs,feet,ankles feels like my whole body swelling ankles,I'm itchy as well I don't know what the rash looks like is welts like mosquito bites or just hives? I'm not sure if I should stop taking it that will be sad if I have stop taking it because it really works for me other than I have insomnia and the swelling."

Lovepeguin May 2, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Love it! This medication can have a tough adjustment period. But I took 1tsp of Benadryl with it at night and that helped me adjust. As long as you don't have symptoms of allergic reaction then my advice is hang in there. Saphris is by far the best medicine! I now take 5mg in the morning and 5mg at night with zero side effects. This med has made all my anxiety and paranoia associated with mania dissappear! I have been using free samples so far but the cost will be worth my health and sanity!"

40 yrs old female (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2016

For Schizophrenia "I've been on saphris for 3yrs now mostly because of my voices. I have been at my healthiest and voices are at the lowest they've been in the past 30yrs of being sick! Im thankful for this medication and wish I could've found it sooner. Thanks!"

Anonymous April 13, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Just took for my first time and instantly made my head, throat ,chest and stomach hurt my chest still hurt and it's Been over the ten minutes and my tongue is still numb I wish I could get my depikote back all these other meds are going to kill me"

jay wins April 9, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been on Seroquel for 6 yrs and have had nightmares the whole time. I switched to Saphris 4 days ago, 5 mg morning and night plus 112.5 mg Effexor. I'm amazed at waking up early in the morning after 8 hrs sleep on Saphris where I've been sleeping 12 hrs a night previously on Seroquel then still a zombie for the next 3 hrs. The morning dose sedated me so I'm changing to 10mg at night and also adding lamotrigine this week. I haven't felt this good in many years, but I'm not elevated I have BP 1 and live in Australia. As I'm on disability, all of my medications only cost $6.20 each as its subsidised by the govt. I feel very sad for everyone in the USA with chronic illnesses. It's just not fair."

Yveron March 28, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Started on Saphris 2 months ago for sleep and bi-polar. I started at 5 mg---total nightmare! Couldn't sleep, picked arguments with my husband and was generally very hyped and energetic ( in a good but bad way!). I never saw a manic episode coming at me--but I saw this one! After 5 days I called the doctor and was advised to go up to 10mg. WOW!! Immediate turn around that night (I only take it at night) and my sleep was fantastic! My attitude was amazing and my husband was delighted with his loving and easy going wife! I felt great--not drugged just happy and content. Work with it--it's turned my life around!"

Mrspickle (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I am taking Saphris 10mg for bipolar disorder with manic episodes that turn into schizophrenia. I have been taking Saphris for 8 months. It has been the most effective medication so far for my symptoms. I take the dissolvable tablet you put under your tongue at night. After I take it I can fall asleep within 20 minutes which has been a godsend. During the day I have no drowsiness and sleepiness. I have to stop taking Saphris though because of what it is doing to my tongue and under my tongue. Four months ago I started getting white soars and skin peeling under my tongue where I put the Saphris. Woke up a month ago with white sores all along my tongue. Hasn't fully healed. Plus deformation of my tongue. Very sad bc now I have to go off it."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 22, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I took Saphris and was given 10 mg samples from my Dr. I felt great! After a few weeks of samples- I went to fill my prescription.....After insurance it was $400.00! I couldn't afford to get it filled. It really stinks that a medication that made such a difference for mental health could be so costly. I can only imagine this is why so many go without medication for mental illness."

Heidi-was-here February 18, 2016

For Schizophrenia "My first 4 days of 5mg am and 5mg pm was horrible. OK I have IBS and have problems frequently. As soon as I started saphris I develop severe diarrhea with vomiting through the night, durring the day I am so cramped up (and having very nasty smelling burps) that I can't eat or take it anymore. I wish it could've worked to help me as it has seemed to help so many others. But after the first four days of that I was ready to call it quits. I started and stopped 2 other meds at the time I started taking the saphris, so its taken about 3 weeks figuring out that it was the culprit. If only I could have been warned or read a review of this happening to other people. nasty experience"

dritan_34 (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "My experience was very negative. I felt light headed and dizzy immediately and within two weeks I started falling asleep at random times, even while driving on the freeway. I had violent nightmares. I threw up constantly and according to my family started to lose my memory. I couldn't sleep more than a few hours at a time without waking up and having a panic attack. Sleeping medication did nothing to help that. The side effects became so debilitating that I had to stop it and move to something else."

RPO February 11, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I have found Saphris to be very effective, especially for my bipolar depression. I felt happy for the first time in 4 months and its only 2/3 days to work! I was taking lithium and lamotrigine, but the lamotrigine didn't bring my mood up and the lithium didn't either. Needless to say, I was feeling pretty down. Saphris made me feel clear thinking, motivated and reduced my anxiety. And it has only been a week and a day since starting it. I am very pleased. I still have a ways to go in terms of my over all experience with this medication. All the best."

MistyC (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2016

"I was on Seroquel XR for the longest time and I was having really violent mood swings and always felt depressed. Even worse than when I started it but my doctor wouldn't take me off of it so I finally went to someone else and he put me on Saphris. I feel like a fog has been lifted from me. It's been so long since I have actually felt true happiness. The only downsides are that it's incredibly expensive and it gave me a lot of nausea and dizziness the first week I took it. I'm still new to it so I still have a little bit of dizziness especially in the morning but hopefully that will pass. I really don't want to have to switch again especially since this has been working out so well for my mental state."

Wonder medicine but... January 26, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "Hi - I am reviewing the drug Saphris. I've been depressed and have a sugar addiction all of my life am now 60. First I was diagnosed with Dysththmic Disorder, then PTSD, Major Recurrent Depression, Anxiety, BiPolar 2. I currently take Wellbutrin, Cymbalta, and half mg Klonipin for sleep at bedtime. I have a binge eating disorder. Currently I've been in a long episode of depression and anxiety. I have anger and rage issues - After WLS - weight loss surgery in 2013 the anger and rage came forward - this is very distressing for me. I rarely have a rage incident but since the WLS I feel on edge, irritable most of the time and lash out easily. I've heard wonderful things about Saphris and wonder if it might help me."

AnneGeminiRose January 24, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I've been actively seeking a remedy for my 'weirdness' for 40 years. I've tried counselling, antidepressants, and bipolar meds. While all of these have helped, none of them could do what I really needed for them to do to reach my ultimate goal; To fit in with society. I went to a shrink for GAD, and was prescribed Saphris. The effects were virtually immediate. The list of improvements in my life is 26 items and counting. The drug is over $200/month in the states WITH good insurance. I found online pharmacies in Canada that sell it for $90 for a 3-month supply. It is shipped from India, which scares lots of folks because of their legendary lack of gov't regulations. I'm not made of money, so, to me, the risk is worth it!"

P J A (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I have been on saphris for three years. I loved how calm and focused I was. But I have gained 60 lbs. I told my Dr. A million times but she says it doesn't cause weight gain. Well I am very depressed. I exercise I eat very little and I can't lose a pound. Well now I am morbidly obese. And all the stuff I can't do because I'm so big has really got me down. I am weaning my self down and getting off saphris as much as I hate the side effects I am scared to see what my life will look like with out it. Oh my daughter was on it for two months and she gained 18lbs. Why can't we have both sanity and without gaining 50 freaking pounds. Grrr"

Inky1969 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 10, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "This was my second time trying saphris. Throughout my first experience, it worked great for my severe depression, but caused me to gain 20 pounds in a very short time frame. This increase in weight wasn't acceptable, as I battle with bulimia as well. The second time around, a few years later, I had high hopes for this medication, as it had virtually wiped out my depression while on it in the past, and I was taking the precautionary measure of adding Effexor to my medication regimen to help counteract the side effect of increased hunger and weight gain. The Effexor did help with decreasing my appetite; however the antidepressant effect was not nearly as strong for some reason. It may have even worsened my depressive symptoms."

Angela 478377 January 8, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder "I was diagnosed with Bipolar II (with very few manifestations of depression) so mostly problems with mania. I started on 5mg at night for a week then went up to morning and night doses of 5mg. I did that for 2 days as the day time doses made me feel restless, uncomfortable, edgy, weird and sedated. I couldn't stand it and would count down the time before it would wear off. Then I tried taking 10mg at night but then I couldn't sleep. I would wake up exhausted for the 4th time in a night. Went back to just 5mg at night and this had little to no effect. I worried about weight gain but I lost weight- helped that I was extra cautious about what I ate. If 'increased appetite' is listed I take extra measures with exercise and diet to stay healthy."

bipolarII December 19, 2015