Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on July 9, 2020.
Dosage form: capsule, gelatin coated
Ingredients: BISMUTH SUBSALICYLATE 262mg
Labeler: CVS PHARMACY, INC.
NDC Code: 69842-799
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Active ingredient ( in each softgel) Purpose
Bismuth subsalicylate 262 mg ................Upset stomach reliever and anti-diarrheal
- travelers' diarrhea
- upset stomach due to overindulgence in food and drink, including: heartburn, indigestion, nausea, gas, belching
Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product.
When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an
early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
- allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)
- taking other salicylate products
- an ulcer
- a bleeding problem
- bloody or black stool
- mucus in the stool
taking any drug for
- anticoagulation (thinning the blood)
- a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur
- symptoms get worse or last more than 2 days
- ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
- diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- swallow with water, do not chew
- adults and children 12 years and over:
- 2 softgels every ½ hour or 4 softgels every hour as needed for
- 2 softgels every ½ hour to 1 hour as needed for overindulgence (upset
stomach, heartburn, indigestion, nausea)
- do not exceed 8 doses (16 softgels) in 24 hours
- use until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 days
- children under 12 years: ask a doctor
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by
- each softgel contains: salicylate 102.33 mg
- very low sodium
- do not exceed 25°C
aerosil, beeswax, FD&C Red#33, FD&C Yellow#6, gelatin, glycerin, light liquid paraffin, purified water, soya lecithin, sodium carboxy methyl cellulose, sorbitol solution, titanium dioxide
bismuth subsalicylate capsule, gelatin coated
|Labeler - CVS PHARMACY, INC. (062312574)|