Active ingredients (in each tablet):
Aspirin 325 mg (NSAID)**
Citric acid 1000 mg
Sodium bicarbonate (heat-treated) 1916 mg
**Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Aspirin 325 mg -- Pain reliever
Citric acid 1000 mg -- Antacid
Sodium bicarbonate (heat-treated) 1916 mg -- Antacid
Bromo Seltzer is used for the temporary relief of:
- heartburn, acid indigestion and sour stomach when accompanied by headache or body aches and pains;
- upset stomach with headache from overindulgence in food or drink; or
- pain alone (headaches or body aches and pains).
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an ealy sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may casue a sever allergic reaction which may include:
- facial swelling;
- asthma (wheezing); or
Stomach bleeding warning: Bromo Seltzer contains a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), which may cause severe stomach bleeding.
The chance is higher if you:
- are age 60 or older;
- have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems;
- take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug;
- take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others);
- have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product; or
- take more tablets or take this medicine for a longer time than directed.
Do not use Bromo Seltzer if you:
- have ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever/fever reducer;
- are allergic to aspirin; or
- are overly full from food or drink.
Ask a doctor if severe stomach pain occurs after taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if:
- stomach bleeding warning applies to you;
- you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn;
- you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease;
- you are taking a diuretic; or
- you have a sodium-restricted diet.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are:
- presently taking a prescription drug (antacids may interact with certain prescription drugs); or
- taking a prescription drug for anticoagulation (thinning the blood), diabetes, gout or arthritis.
When using Bromo Seltzer do not take more than 8 tablets (adults) and 4 tablets (60 years and over) in a 24-hour period or use the maximum dosage for more than 10 days.
Stop use and ask a doctor if you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- feel faint;
- vomit blood;
- have bloody or black stools;
- have stomach pain that does not get better; or
- an allergic reaction occurs.
Seek medical help right away if:
- pain lasts for more than 10 days or gets worse;
- new symptoms occur;
- redness or swelling is present; or
- if ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not exceed recommended dosage;
- to avoid serious injury, completely dissolve tablets in 4 oz. of water before taking;
- adults and children 12 years and over (up to 60 years of age): 2 tablets every 4 hours - do not exceed 8 tablets in 24 hrs;
- 60 years and over: 2 tablets every 4 hours - do not exceed 4 tablets in 24 hrs.
Each tablet contains: sodium 524 mg.
Store at room temperature (59°-86°F).
Serious side effects associated with the use of this product can be reported to the following address:
Tower Laboratories LTD.
P.O. Box 306
8 Industrial Park Rd.
Centerbrook, CT 06409