Xopenex HFA Dosage
Generic name: levalbuterol tartrate 45ug
Dosage form: aerosol, metered
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist.
The recommended dosage of XOPENEX HFA for adults and children 4 years of age and older is 2 inhalations (90 mcg of levalbuterol free base) repeated every 4 to 6 hours; in some patients, 1 inhalation (45 mg of levalbuterol free base) every 4 hours may be sufficient. More frequent administration or a larger number of inhalations is not routinely recommended.
If a previously effective dosage regimen fails to provide the usual response, this may be a marker of destabilization of asthma and requires reevaluation of the patient and the treatment regimen, giving special consideration to the possible need for anti-inflammatory treatment, e.g., corticosteroids.
For oral inhalation only
- Shake well before use.
- Avoid spraying in the eyes.
- Prime the inhaler before using for the first time and when the inhaler has not been used for more than 3 days by releasing 4 test sprays into the air, away from the face.
- To maintain proper use of XOPENEX HFA, it is critical to wash the actuator with warm water and air-dry thoroughly at least once a week. The inhaler may cease to deliver levalbuterol tartrate if not properly cleaned and dried thoroughly. Keep the plastic actuator clean to prevent medication build-up and blockage. If the actuator becomes blocked with levalbuterol tartrate, wash the actuator to remove the blockage.
- Discard after 200 actuations have been released from the 15 gram canister or 80 actuations have been released from the 8.4 gram canister.
More about Xopenex HFA (levalbuterol)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 3 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: adrenergic bronchodilators