Skyrizi Injection Dosage
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Apr 10, 2021.
Generic name: RISANKIZUMAB 75mg in 0.83mL; ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL 0.70mL in 1mL
Dosage form: subcutaneous injection
2.1 Procedures Prior to Treatment Initiation
● Evaluate patients for tuberculosis (TB) infection prior to initiating treatment with SKYRIZI [see Warnings and Precautions (5.2)].
● Complete all age-appropriate vaccinations as recommended by current immunization guidelines [see Warnings and Precautions (5.3)].
The recommended dosage is 150 mg administered by subcutaneous injection at Week 0, Week 4, and every 12 weeks thereafter.
If a dose is missed, administer the dose as soon as possible. Thereafter, resume dosing at the regular scheduled time.
2.3 Preparation Instructions
● Before injecting, remove the carton with SKYRIZI from the refrigerator and without removing the prefilled pen or prefilled syringe(s) from the carton, allow SKYRIZI to reach room temperature out of direct sunlight (30 to 90 minutes for the prefilled pen and 15 to 30 minutes for the prefilled syringe(s)).
● Visually inspect SKYRIZI for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration.
SKYRIZI 150 mg/mL is a colorless to yellow and clear to slightly opalescent solution. SKYRIZI 75 mg/0.83 mL is a colorless to slightly yellow and clear to slightly opalescent solution.
The solution may contain a few translucent to white particles. Do not use if the solution contains large particles or is cloudy or discolored.
2.4 Administration Instructions
● SKYRIZI is intended for use under the guidance and supervision of a healthcare professional. Patients may self-inject SKYRIZI after training in subcutaneous injection technique. Provide proper training to patients and/or caregivers on the subcutaneous injection technique of SKYRIZI according to the “Instructions for Use” [see Instructions for Use].
● Administer SKYRIZI subcutaneously. Do not inject into areas where the skin is tender, bruised, erythematous, indurated or affected by psoriasis. Administration of SKYRIZI in the upper, outer arm may only be performed by a healthcare professional or caregiver.
● When using SKYRIZI 150 mg/mL prefilled pen or prefilled syringe, inject one 150 mg single-dose prefilled pen or prefilled syringe.
● When using SKYRIZI 75 mg/0.83 mL prefilled syringes, for a 150 mg dose, two 75 mg prefilled syringes are required. Inject one prefilled syringe after the other in different anatomic locations (such as thighs or abdomen).
● Discard prefilled pen or prefilled syringe(s) after use. Do not reuse.
Frequently asked questions
- What causes Plaque Psoriasis?
- How long does it take for Skyrizi to work?
- What is Skyrizi used for and how does it work?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking Skyrizi?
- How is Skyrizi injection administered?
- What are the new drugs for the treatment of plaque psoriasis?
- Is Skyrizi approved for treating psoriatic arthritis?
- Skyrizi vs Humira for plaque psoriasis - How do they compare?
- Does Skyrizi cause cancer?
- Skyrizi vs Ilumya. What’s the difference?
- Who makes Skyrizi and where is it made?
- What's the dosing schedule for Skyrizi?
More about Skyrizi (risankizumab)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Patient Tips
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 7 Reviews
- Drug class: interleukin inhibitors
- FDA Approval History
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.