Restasis Multidose Dosage
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 21, 2021.
Instill one drop of RESTASIS MULTIDOSETM ophthalmic emulsion twice a day in each eye approximately 12 hours apart. RESTASIS MULTIDOSETM can be used concomitantly with lubricant eye drops, allowing a 15-minute interval between products. Contact lenses should be removed prior to the administration of RESTASIS® MULTIDOSETM and may be reinserted 15 minutes following administration.
2.1 Preparation for First-Time Use
Step 1: Pull off the clear shipping cover by pulling straight up. Throw the shipping cover away. Do not use RESTASIS MULTIDOSETM if shipping cover or pull tab are damaged or missing.
Step 2: Remove the pull tab on the olive green colored protective cap by pulling the end of the pull tab away from the bottle then winding it counterclockwise. Throw away the pull tab.
Step 3: Remove the olive green colored protective cap by pulling it straight up. Keep the colored protective cap.
Step 4: Prime the bottle for first-time use by squeezing two drops onto a tissue. Do not let the bottle tip touch the tissue.
Step 5: The bottle is now ready for use. After use, recap the bottle with the olive green colored protective cap by pushing it straight down onto the bottle.
Frequently asked questions
- How many times can you use a vial of Restasis?
- Is there a generic for Restasis eye drops?
- Why is Restasis so expensive?
- How long does it take for Restasis to work?
- Is Restasis safe for long-term use?
- What is the difference between Cequa and Restasis?
- Does Restasis need to be refrigerated?
- Can Restasis and Xiidra be used together?
- How effective is Restasis for dry eyes?
- Can you use other eye drops with Restasis?
- Does Restasis make your eyelashes fall out?
- How many doses/drops are in Restasis MultiDose?
- Can you get Restasis eye drops over the counter?
- Are there any Restasis withdrawal symptoms?
- Is Restasis a steroid eye drop?
More about Restasis (cyclosporine ophthalmic)
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Reviews (194)
- Drug images
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- Generic availability
- Drug class: ophthalmic anti-inflammatory agents
- Drug Information
- Restasis MultiDose
- Restasis (Advanced Reading)
- Restasis Multidose (Advanced Reading)
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.