Methylin Oral Solution Dosage
Generic name: METHYLPHENIDATE HYDROCHLORIDE 5mg in 5mL
Dosage form: oral solution
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Feb 17, 2020.
Dosage should be individualized according to the needs and responses of the patient.
Administer in divided doses 2 or 3 times daily, preferably 30 to 45 minutes before meals. Average dosage is 20 to 30 mg daily. Some patients may require 40 to 60 mg daily. In others, 10 to 15 mg daily will be adequate. Patients who are unable to sleep if medication is taken late in the day should take the last dose before 6 p.m.
Children (6 years and over)
Methylin should be initiated in small doses, with gradual weekly increments. Daily dosage above 60 mg is not recommended.
If improvement is not observed after appropriate dosage adjustment over a one-month period, the drug should be discontinued.
Start with 5 mg twice daily (before breakfast and lunch) with gradual increments of 5 to 10 mg weekly.
If paradoxical aggravation of symptoms or other adverse effects occur, reduce dosage, or, if necessary, discontinue the drug.
Methylin should be periodically discontinued to assess the child's condition. Improvement may be sustained when the drug is either temporarily or permanently discontinued.
Drug treatment should not and need not be indefinite and usually may be discontinued after puberty.
- Ritalin vs Vyvanse - What's the difference between them?
- Concerta vs Adderall. What is the difference between them?
- How is Cotempla XR-ODT different to other brands of methylphenidate?
- What is the difference between Jornay PM and other once-daily methylphenidate formulations?
- What are the brands of methylphenidate?
More about Methylin (methylphenidate)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 18 Reviews
- Generic Availability
- Drug class: CNS stimulants
- FDA Alerts (3)
- Methylin (Methylphenidate Chewable Tablets)
- Methylin (Methylphenidate Oral Solution)
- Methylin (Methylphenidate Tablets)
- Methylin (Advanced Reading)