Bactroban Ointment Dosage
Generic name: MUPIROCIN CALCIUM 20mg in 1g
Dosage form: ointment
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Feb 19, 2020.
- For Intranasal Use Only.
- Apply approximately one-half of the ointment from the single-use tube into 1 nostril and the other half into the other nostril twice daily (morning and evening) for 5 days.
- After application, close the nostrils by pressing together and releasing the sides of the nose repetitively for approximately 1 minute. This will spread the ointment throughout the nares.
- Do not apply BACTROBAN nasal ointment concurrently with any other intranasal products [see Clinical Pharmacology (12.3)].
- The single-use 1-gram tube will deliver a total of approximately 0.5 grams of the ointment (approximately 0.25 grams per nostril).
- Discard the tube after usage. Do not re-use.
- Can I use mupirocin ointment for diaper rash?
- Can mupirocin be used for athletes foot?
- Can mupirocin heal or help with eczema?
- Can mupirocin cream be used for bed sores?
- Bactroban - is there anything comparable available over the counter?
More about Bactroban (mupirocin topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- En Español
- 20 Reviews
- Drug class: topical antibiotics