Bactroban - is there anything comparable available over the counter?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on April 5, 2023.
There will be nothing comparable to Bactroban available over the counter.
Bactroban contains mupirocin, an antibiotic. Mupirocin prevents bacteria from growing on your skin.
Bactroban is used to treat infections of the skin such as impetigo.
Related medical questions
- Can I use mupirocin ointment for diaper rash?
- Can mupirocin heal or help with eczema?
- Can mupirocin be used for athletes foot?
- Can mupirocin cream be used for bed sores?
- Bactroban Information for Consumers
- Bactroban prescribing info & package insert (for Health Professionals)
- Side Effects of Bactroban (detailed)
Related support groups
- Bactroban (21 questions, 27 members)