Can I use mupirocin ointment for diaper rash?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 17, 2023.
My 11 month old daughter keeps getting diaper rash, nothing has helped. Is it safe to use mupirocin ointment to treat her diaper rash?
Mupirocin is an antibacterial and will only help if the diaper rash has become infected with bacteria. This is unlikely. Diaper rash most often gets infected with a yeast or a fungus called Candida.
Mupirocin should only be used on the recommendation of your doctor.
Related medical questions
- Can mupirocin heal or help with eczema?
- Can mupirocin be used for athletes foot?
- Can mupirocin cream be used for bed sores?
- What are the most common skin conditions? (with photos)
- Where should you not use triamcinolone acetonide cream?
- Can triamcinolone acetonide B be used to treat severe diaper rash on a little girl?
- Mupirocin Information for Consumers
- Mupirocin prescribing info & package insert (for Health Professionals)
- Side Effects of Mupirocin (detailed)