User Reviews for Mupirocin topical

Also known as: Bactroban, Centany AT Kit, Centany Kit, Centany AT, Centany Pirnuo

Secondary Cutaneous Bacterial Infections 10.0
Impetigo 7.8
Skin and Structure Infection 7.0
Nasal Carriage of Staphylococcus aureus 5.7
Paronychia 1.0
Summary of Mupirocin topical reviews 6.8 36 reviews

Reviews for Mupirocin topical

bunnybaby May 17, 2020

For Impetigo: “I'm 19 and was prescribed this for a bad case of impetigo around the corners of my mouth. I was told it would go away after 3-4 days if I used this ointment but immediately noticed extreme, and I mean EXTREME itching and burning that wasn't there before. I nearly cried from the itching. I also had a ton of redness and experienced yellowish brown lesions that were intensely dry and peeling constantly. I thought it was just the impetigo getting worse but it was actually the ointment that made it worse. This stuff completely RUINED my skin and even after stopping the use of this, my skin is still very discolored and dry. I should mention that this did get rid of the impetigo, it just gave me new problems that I now have to deal with on my own.”

Youngone · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2020

For Skin and Structure Infection: “I do not like this antibiotic cream mupirocin! It has been prescribed to me a few times (I’m prone to skin infections) and each time has only made my condition worse. The first time it caused terrible burning and increased redness and this past time it caused my skin to peel along with more redness and itchiness than I had before. I know many people have a positive experience with it but just know that you might experience negative side effects.”

Youmustbekidding · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 23, 2020

For Skin and Structure Infection: “Actual cost of prescription Bactroban Mupirocin 2% cream was $291.69 for 15 grams. My drug plan only required my payment of $3.60. But $288.07 is being "paid" for by all of you (us), in high insurance and health care costs. This Rx has been on the market for a long time/ I should have asked about the actual cost before having the prescription filled, as I would not have had it filled, even at no cost to me. And, because prescriptions are electronically filed, I never saw that 15 grams - far too much had been ordered. I am filing complaints with every government entity, and the manufacturer. I won't let this happen again. As to length of time using mupirocin calcium cream 2%, it has been only used very sporadically for the last 8 years, and in tiny amounts. I have had no side effects. But I might have seen results with other, cheap, OTC antibacterial/antibiotic ointments. I will rate the cream at 10, because it provided relief, and possibly healing.”

jock February 14, 2020

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: “I was prescribed this cream for an infected hair follicle near my groin. The cream was used in conjunction with an oral antibiotic and worked well after just two days , however , the area in which the cream was used became intensely itchy to the point of waking me from my sleep . I ceased its usage and completed the internal antibiotic .”

Nge · Taken for less than 1 month November 4, 2019

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: “Give me hives and blister on the skin and itchy.”

Charlie · Taken for less than 1 month September 7, 2019

For Skin and Structure Infection: “mupirocin worked on the skin infection, but now I have horrible stomach cramps and pain after eating. It seems it happens in very few people. Taking a probiotic but it's not going away after stopping the meds for 3 days.”

Mendel Lav · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 4, 2019

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: “I've used this for years with nasal sores and skin sores. Usually after 2 to 3 days the infection clears up. Very helpful medication. There may be slight nasal burning that may last for a minute or two.”

Danglers December 11, 2018

For Skin and Structure Infection: “I had these horrible bumps all over the sides of my nose (especially the cracks on the sides) and up across my bridge between eyebrows that would get bright red after a shower and peel some too! I looked stupid! Tired of this, I dug around in my med sac and found a lil tube of mupirocin ointment. So I smeared it generously all over my nose, eyebrows, and mouth. The next day, some of the bumps were gone, and the ones that weren't were shrinking! It's nearing the end of day 2, and the bumps are almost completely gone. It does burn if you use too much but that just means it's working so it's ok. Summary: Smear mupirocin liberally on the affected area, if it burns and itches, dial it back one click, and just try to stay right in that slot. Give it a day or two and soon enough you'll be looking like a baby's butt.”

Arizona · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 4, 2018

For Paronychia: “Used this ointment for one month and, although it is excellent for cuts and burns it did absolutely nothing for this awful nail condition.”

Girl in a bubble · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 18, 2018

For Nasal Carriage of Staphylococcus aureus: “I have had repeated impetigo from a staph colonization in my nose for the last 4+ months. I was told I was prescribed the nasal version as well, but the pharmacist refused to give it to me, telling me to just use the topical ointment intranasally. It burns my skin, never mind my nose. I don't think I have any cilia left in my nose from the chemical burns. This is also not recommended on large areas of the body, but my entire body including my scalp, cornea, and kidneys are infected with staph. I have been trapped in my house, not trying to spread the infection, for over 4 months. I REALLY hope I can get appropriate treatment soon.....”

wacomom · Taken for less than 1 month July 4, 2018

For Impetigo: “Mupirocin worked on my Impetigo but the weird thing is the finger that I used ( washed hands before and after) to apply this got tendonitis ( hurt so much!). I was confused because this is not the group of drugs that should cause that but when I started to apply with the other hand same thing happened. It was scary and weird. OK drug but watch for side effects.”

Kedo · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 13, 2018

For Impetigo: “Mupuricin 2% ointment for my face wounds caused by boils(abscess) , been applying this ointment for 5 months now, for me there is no side effect, no interaction with Clindamycin when using together, easy to use and it works wonderfully.”

McGMomOf3 September 17, 2017

For Secondary Cutaneous Bacterial Infections: “I've used this on my 2year olds rash and saw noticeable results within 1 day. He would pick his face in his sleep and I couldn't clear it with anything until the doctor prescribed this. I keep it in my diaper bag all the time now. It also works amazingly for diaper rash and any small cut, scrape, or infection. No side affects on my son, daughter, or myself”

rhsess00 · Taken for less than 1 month May 19, 2017

For Impetigo: “Thought I had horrible acne. Tried other things that online doctors prescribed. Made it worse. Went to my primary after not being able to go to work because I was so embarrassed by my face. She diagnosed it as impetigo and gave the ointment because it stays on longer. Not even 24 hours and it's almost cleared up. AMAZING. Zero side effects.”

Joe, VIETNAM · Taken for less than 1 month April 16, 2017

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: “As in any tropical country , shoes are a not a comfortable item to wear. The down side of that is your feet are exposed for knocks and scrapes. I have been using an Iodine type product in the past , My doctor in Australia prescribed Bactroban as cream for my condition...It has twice the recovery healing times as iodine , Would recommend it for your first aid pack.”

psfrankj · Taken for less than 1 month February 19, 2017

For Skin and Structure Infection: “I had cellulitis near my ankle. Upon application of this drug I experienced severe burning, bumpy rash on both legs and arms. Resulted in nerve damage near my ankle/site of cellulitis. Beware!”

Crmbks · Taken for less than 1 month June 12, 2016

For Skin and Structure Infection: “MD prescribed Mupirocin cream for what he thought was impetigo but swab was negative. Turned out to be roseaca. Cream did not help and actually caused nausea, diarrhea and dizziness. After I stopped using cream, my symptoms disappeared. I'm hyper sensitive to antibiotics and this one is now on the list.”

SmrciJ April 15, 2016

For Skin and Structure Infection: “I have had a recurring scabby skin infection. Primary care physician prescribed this, did not work, then went to dermatologist, re-prescribed still does not work. It was first thought that condition is Impetigo. I am now waiting on the 2nd lab test. Feeling hopeless and frustrated.”

JamesLevster · Taken for less than 1 month March 24, 2016

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: “I had a heat rash in my groin and it was red and very irritating. I used a small amount if the ointment twice a day after showering. Within 24 hours, the irritation was bearable, within 48 hours the irritation had stopped and within 72 hours the redness had faded. I still have dull red marks where the skin was damaged but the rash has totally gone. This, is a fantastic product for heat rash and also, if you have an insect bite, it stops the itching within 2 minutes. Can be bought over the counter in most Asian countries. Cost here in the Philippines is 299 pesos or around $7. Bargain!”

Jackwau57 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 18, 2016

For Nasal Carriage of Staphylococcus aureus: “Never had any adverse reactions to this drug when used nasally.”

eddie121 May 18, 2015

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: “Got this cream to stop recurring boils on my upper leg and elbow , applied it within 48 hrs the infection was healing ! Magic stuff,wow !”

miss T. · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2014

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Nasal Carriage of Staphylococcus aureus: “I was prescribed topical ointment for my nostrils for an upcoming surgery. I've encountered a headache ever since I started using it. My surgeon prescribed it for an upcoming surgery.”

delray1425 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 7, 2014

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Nasal Carriage of Staphylococcus aureus: “After several uses of this effective medication I started having a sense of dizziness, shortness of breath and shaking. Now if I use it just once I have an occurrence of the same symptoms. I think I have an allergy to Bactroban which gets worse every time I use it.”

beverly1956 · Taken for less than 1 month December 6, 2012

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: “As per procedure, before a hospital stay for a knee replacement I had to have my nose swabbed. Prior to this I had a scab in my nose that hurt so I had been using Bactroban on it. When I went for my surgery everyone was gowning up before they came into my room because apparently my nose swab results came back positive for MRSA, and the Bactroban was detected as well. I was told Bactroban was the right medicine to use for the infection and actually by the time of my surgery my nose was already healed.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 11, 2012

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: “After 3 days infection is not getting better.”