User Reviews for Mupirocin

Also known as: Bactroban, Bactroban Nasal, Centany, Centany AT, Centany AT Kit, Centany Kit

Secondary Cutaneous ...erial Infections

Paronychia

1 review 0 medications
Summary of Mupirocin reviews 7.3 28 reviews

Reviews for Mupirocin

For Paronychia: "Used this ointment for one month and, although it is excellent for cuts and burns it did absolutely nothing for this awful nail condition."

Arizona (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2018

For Nasal Carriage of Staphylococcus aureus: "I have had repeated impetigo from a staph colonization in my nose for the last 4+ months. I was told I was prescribed the nasal version as well, but the pharmacist refused to give it to me, telling me to just use the topical ointment intranasally. It burns my skin, never mind my nose. I don't think I have any cilia left in my nose from the chemical burns. This is also not recommended on large areas of the body, but my entire body including my scalp, cornea, and kidneys are infected with staph. I have been trapped in my house, not trying to spread the infection, for over 4 months. I REALLY hope I can get appropriate treatment soon....."

Girl in a bubble (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2018

For Impetigo: "Mupirocin worked on my Impetigo but the weird thing is the finger that I used ( washed hands before and after) to apply this got tendonitis ( hurt so much!). I was confused because this is not the group of drugs that should cause that but when I started to apply with the other hand same thing happened. It was scary and weird. OK drug but watch for side effects."

wacomom (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2018

For Impetigo: "Mupuricin 2% ointment for my face wounds caused by boils(abscess) , been applying this ointment for 5 months now, for me there is no side effect, no interaction with Clindamycin when using together, easy to use and it works wonderfully."

Kedo (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2018

For Secondary Cutaneous Bacterial Infections: "I've used this on my 2year olds rash and saw noticeable results within 1 day. He would pick his face in his sleep and I couldn't clear it with anything until the doctor prescribed this. I keep it in my diaper bag all the time now. It also works amazingly for diaper rash and any small cut, scrape, or infection. No side affects on my son, daughter, or myself"

McGMomOf3 September 17, 2017

For Impetigo: "Thought I had horrible acne. Tried other things that online doctors prescribed. Made it worse. Went to my primary after not being able to go to work because I was so embarrassed by my face. She diagnosed it as impetigo and gave the ointment because it stays on longer. Not even 24 hours and it's almost cleared up. AMAZING. Zero side effects."

rhsess00 (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2017

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: "As in any tropical country , shoes are a not a comfortable item to wear. The down side of that is your feet are exposed for knocks and scrapes. I have been using an Iodine type product in the past , My doctor in Australia prescribed Bactroban as cream for my condition...It has twice the recovery healing times as iodine , Would recommend it for your first aid pack."

Joe, VIETNAM (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2017

For Skin and Structure Infection: "I had cellulitis near my ankle. Upon application of this drug I experienced severe burning, bumpy rash on both legs and arms. Resulted in nerve damage near my ankle/site of cellulitis. Beware!"

psfrankj (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2017

For Skin and Structure Infection: "MD prescribed Mupirocin cream for what he thought was impetigo but swab was negative. Turned out to be roseaca. Cream did not help and actually caused nausea, diarrhea and dizziness. After I stopped using cream, my symptoms disappeared. I'm hyper sensitive to antibiotics and this one is now on the list."

Crmbks (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2016

For Skin and Structure Infection: "I have had a recurring scabby skin infection. Primary care physician prescribed this, did not work, then went to dermatologist, re-prescribed still does not work. It was first thought that condition is Impetigo. I am now waiting on the 2nd lab test. Feeling hopeless and frustrated."

SmrciJ April 15, 2016

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: "I had a heat rash in my groin and it was red and very irritating. I used a small amount if the ointment twice a day after showering. Within 24 hours, the irritation was bearable, within 48 hours the irritation had stopped and within 72 hours the redness had faded. I still have dull red marks where the skin was damaged but the rash has totally gone. This, is a fantastic product for heat rash and also, if you have an insect bite, it stops the itching within 2 minutes. Can be bought over the counter in most Asian countries. Cost here in the Philippines is 299 pesos or around $7. Bargain!"

JamesLevster (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2016

For Nasal Carriage of Staphylococcus aureus: "Never had any adverse reactions to this drug when used nasally."

Jackwau57 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2016

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: "Got this cream to stop recurring boils on my upper leg and elbow , applied it within 48 hrs the infection was healing ! Magic stuff,wow !"

eddie121 May 18, 2015

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Nasal Carriage of Staphylococcus aureus: "I was prescribed topical ointment for my nostrils for an upcoming surgery. I've encountered a headache ever since I started using it. My surgeon prescribed it for an upcoming surgery."

miss T. (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2014

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Nasal Carriage of Staphylococcus aureus: "After several uses of this effective medication I started having a sense of dizziness, shortness of breath and shaking. Now if I use it just once I have an occurrence of the same symptoms. I think I have an allergy to Bactroban which gets worse every time I use it."

delray1425 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 7, 2014

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: "As per procedure, before a hospital stay for a knee replacement I had to have my nose swabbed. Prior to this I had a scab in my nose that hurt so I had been using Bactroban on it. When I went for my surgery everyone was gowning up before they came into my room because apparently my nose swab results came back positive for MRSA, and the Bactroban was detected as well. I was told Bactroban was the right medicine to use for the infection and actually by the time of my surgery my nose was already healed."

beverly1956 (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2012

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: "After 3 days infection is not getting better."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2012

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: "Love this medicine. I got impetigo a few years back. A few days of applying this and it was completely gone. Works great for acne, too. Something I always keep in my medicine cabinet. "

Anonymous January 7, 2012

For Not Listed / Other: "My 2 year old daughter recently had a g-tube put in, which became infected. After 4 days of antibiotics and neosporin as prescribed by the Dr., the infection seemed to become worse. She was then prescribed Mupirocin and a different antibiotic and literally the very next day, the infected site seemed to be about 75% better! Impressed and happy, especially for my baby girl."

BrendaT. October 11, 2011

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: "This cream is causing stinging and burning. "

Anonymous July 20, 2011

For Nasal Carriage of Staphylococcus aureus: "This ointment is amazing. Received a prescription as a result of infections from professional nails to see if I was prone to staff infection. When the physician asked if I had any bump issues, realized this could also cure my painful recurring boil problems. This medication took care of both. The only problem is that, against physicians recommendation, I began using it daily with the mindset that I never wanted to have another boil. I think it is causing my hair to fall out. This is not a permanent medication that should be taken."

Anonymous January 30, 2011

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: "Was first given this for a skin infection on face that began on younger daughter 12 then spread to mother and older daughter. It was like acne that would not heal and would scab and spread. Worked well. "

For so many things January 26, 2011

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: "This medication is a miracle drug. My 4yr old daughter had a rash that nothing could cure then 2 days after using this cream, I saw an amazing difference. She has extremely dry skin in the winter which she scratches to the point of bleeding sometimes, but not anymore. At the first sign of dry/irritated skin, I apply this cream and it works like magic. Also used it on a rash I developed on my legs and the same thing. The itching stops almost immediately. This cream is a staple in our medicine cabinet."

Anonymous March 25, 2010

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: "Using this on 5 year old's impetigo. She has a nasty lesion on the web on skin between her index and third finger. Nothing was helping it, but within one application of this stuff I saw a difference. I'm grateful to whoever discovered this product."

Anonymous December 13, 2009

Bactroban (mupirocin) for Skin and Structure Infection: "As a correctional nurse specializing in wound care, I have found that this heals abcesses and "spider bites" with amazing speed. Noticeable healing within 24 hours. Wish it were available OTC, it would be a staple in my medicine cabinet."

Anonymous October 16, 2009