Can mupirocin be used for athletes foot?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on April 17, 2019.
No, mupirocin won't help treat athletes foot.
Mupirocin is an antibiotic that treats or prevents infection caused by bacteria.
Mupirocin nasal (for the nose) is used to prevent severe staph infections in patients and healthcare workers who may be at risk of infection during an outbreak within a hospital or other healthcare setting.
Athletes foot is a fungal infection so you'll need antifungal creams like terbinafine (Lamisil), clotrimazole or miconazole.
Related Medical Questions
- Can I use mupirocin ointment for diaper rash?
- Can mupirocin heal or help with eczema?
- Can mupirocin cream be used for bed sores?
- Mupirocin Information for Consumers
- Mupirocin Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Mupirocin (detailed)
Related Support Groups
- Mupirocin (36 questions, 32 members)