Bactroban Cream Dosage
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Feb 19, 2020.
Generic name: MUPIROCIN CALCIUM 20mg in 1g
Dosage form: cream
- For Topical Use Only.
- Apply a small amount of BACTROBAN cream, with a cotton swab or gauze pad, to the affected area 3 times daily for 10 days.
- Cover the treated area with gauze dressing if desired.
- Re-evaluate patients not showing a clinical response within 3 to 5 days.
- BACTROBAN cream is not for intranasal, ophthalmic, or other mucosal use [see Warnings and Precautions (5.2, 5.6)].
- Do not apply BACTROBAN cream concurrently with any other lotions, creams or ointments [see Clinical Pharmacology (12.3)].
Frequently asked questions
- Bactroban - is there anything comparable available over the counter?
- Can I use mupirocin ointment for diaper rash?
- Can mupirocin heal or help with eczema?
- Can mupirocin be used for athletes foot?
- Can mupirocin cream be used for bed sores?
More about Bactroban (mupirocin topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- En Español
- 20 Reviews
- Drug class: topical antibiotics
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.