User Reviews for Sonata

Insomnia 5.6

Reviews for Sonata

Tanya · Taken for less than 1 month May 5, 2020

For Insomnia: “Have had trouble with insomnia off and on for 20 years. Bi-polar depressive. Started with Valium and overdosed. Used lunesta successfully but temporarily. Used trazodone but it made me throw up. Used ambien but experienced severe amnesia and weirdness. Used Xanax and overdosed. Now using Sonata and it’s marvelous but doctor will only let me use it for a little while. I take one at bedtime then wake up at 1:00 or so and take another. Wake up at 7:00. No grogginess.”

Robert · Taken for 10 years or more March 22, 2020

For Insomnia: “I have taken Sonata for 15 plus years. It has been a miracle drug for me. I have no trouble falling asleep, but wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. But with Sonata, I am out within 15 minutes, and wake up with no hangover. I do not know what I would do without it.”

Michael · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 22, 2020

For Insomnia: “Sonata is the only sleeping pill that worked for me. No hangovers either.”

Michael March 16, 2020

For Insomnia: “Sonata 10 mg best sleep med I've ever had.”

Echo · Taken for less than 1 month February 18, 2020

For Insomnia: “I have tried numerous sleeping pills and it's difficult to find what's right for me because of the way it reacts. 2 previously were Ambien which only worked for 2 weeks before it would just give me jittery energy, I took lunesta for around 4 months, I kept getting a tolerance to it. Anyway I like lunesta the best but I need something else to get my tolerance down for a month. I tried sonata and it does not make me sleepy. I feel kind of a high, I suppose, for a short time and then this hangoverish feeling before i can go to bed. It doesn't really work unless I'm asleep. Big downfall though is the longer I sleep on it the more tired it makes me. I can not really feel it for almost half a night and then it's super difficult to get out of bed in the morning.”

Susana Santa · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 29, 2020

For Insomnia: “A major stroke messed my sleeping patterns. I can go without sleep for a week. I can be dead tired but I will not fall asleep. The doctor first had me in Ambien, nothing then Lunesta which worked great until the government insurance refused to cover it. I have issues both falling asleep and staying asleep. To complicate matters I take Adderall too. The nurse practitioner told me to take the pill after dinner. I was taking it at 9 PM, I even opened it and put it in apple sauce so it could be easily digested, it is not working. I end up falling asleep at 2 am. Then I can't get up. It is a nightmare.”

Jazzy · Taken for less than 1 month January 14, 2020

For Insomnia: “I was previously on Lunesta, didn’t work, Trazodone, made things worse, and Ambien 10mg which was the best, but my body got too used to it. I was prescribed 5mg of Sonata and instructed to take 1-2 a night as needed. I ended up taking them first night and it was basically like popping tic tacs. I didn’t even yawn. Worst medicine EVER!”

Sleepless in Atlanta · Taken for less than 1 month December 4, 2019

For Insomnia: “Sonataa Medicine does nothing for me. Tried 10mg as recommended. Upped it to 20mg, Nada. I never went sleep or felt sleepy.”

Cookie · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 22, 2019

For Insomnia: “I have been taking Sonata since 2017 and its done wonders for my insomnia, which was really bad. I tried several before the Doctor subscribed Sonata. I take one every night and I will be asleep within and hour, I don't feel bad in the morning”

NF · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 16, 2019

For Insomnia: “Sonata doesn't seem to help me fall asleep. It does cause mild visual effects briefly, afterwards I toss and turn a lot. Sometimes the bed feels like it is being lifted and lowered.”

Amelia · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 20, 2019

For Insomnia: “I am not sure why doctors don't tell their patients, when they prescribe Sonata, that it should be taken on an empty stomach. My doctor didn't even know. If it's not working for you and you've been eating within 2 hours of taking it try it again at least 2 hours after eating. Also it is short acting so it's great for those having trouble falling asleep. Because it's short acting though you can take it in the middle of the night and it's works quick and you can wake up without feeling groggy. Ambien kept me up all night, I took lunesta for years and it was very helpful but now I just want to make sure I have no lingering drowsy side effects. Make sure and take it in bed, ready to sleep, otherwise you will just feel loopy and miss the sleep window.”

Upallnite · Taken for less than 1 month April 22, 2019

For Insomnia: “5mg Sonata didn't do a thing. I think they're duds with little to no active ingredients.”

Bella · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2019

For Insomnia: “I’ve had insomnia for around 16 years. Doctor tried me on multiple medications because nothing seemed to work. Ambien worked the most, but I began to build a tolerance too it so I was given Belsomra samples to try. Best medicine ever. Quickly fell asleep and stayed asleep and not groggy the next day. Went to fill the Belsomra prescription and insurance wouldn’t cover it because it’s a new drug without generics. Cost was approximately $500 for one month. Doctor said we could get prescription covered if we now tried two more medicines and if they didn’t work the insurance would approve the Belsomra. So we gave Sonata a go and it might as well be a placebo. Only get about 2-3 hours of restless sleep a night. Everyone has different reactions, but for me it didn’t do a thing.”

GW · Taken for less than 1 month February 3, 2019

For Insomnia: “I experienced no effects from 50mg of Sonata. My doctor switched me to Trazodone 50mg; which has had no effect, as well. I sleep for 3-5 hours a night and wake up 4-10 times during those hours. (yes, I've tried no sound, no light, no screen time, no exercise or food just before bed, etc.)”

Mandie · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 13, 2019

For Insomnia: “I tried this for awhile. Yes, it helped me sleep good. But...I was so sick. Anxious feeling, muscular pain, high blood pressure, terrible headaches. Plain misery! I should have realized it sooner but wasn't until I stopped it that those illnesses went away. Never again will I take that medication. I'm back to doxylamine succinate and I feel normal again!”

Elizabeth · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 20, 2018

For Insomnia: “This medication is a miracle! I take 10 mg before bed and I am sleepy within minutes. It is a very short acting medication so it can be taken in the middle of the night without hangover effects. My doctor used to prescribe 2 capsules per night since I would wake up around 1 AM but now will only prescribe 1. It would be great if the manufacturer could develop a time release capsule with 20 mg total.”

Cool cat · Taken for less than 1 month June 27, 2018

For Insomnia: “I wanted to try alternate sleeping pill cause Trazodone makes me eat carbohydrates crazy and put on weight. So he gave Belsomra and I scared of those side effects I declined it. Tried sonata 10mg and I didn't go to sleep. Maybe slept 2-3 hours and have a nauseous stomach, feel jittery and tired. Hated it. Would rather have the weight gain and carb craves if it means Ill sleep and wake up feeling great.”

finger_man April 5, 2018

For Insomnia: “Works. I used to take ambien (zolpiderm) for years. It had major long-term memory effects. Now it works but if I wake I'm wide awake for hours. Sonata different. Somewhat like Valium (diazepam) but shorter acting. I generally need two. I try one first. If no sleep after TWO HOUR'S, I'll take a second (10mg). Works about 95% One only works 50%. I'll note that sometimes taken with full stomach but that doesn't seem to affect. I do feel pretty rested after this medication 1 or 2 doses. Also works well if I pop up after 2-3 hours 1 will do. I give it an 8 rating: the addiction notes here (no surprise) and my past history of memory loss make me suspicious & I can't rate for more severe needs. In fact I wouldn't recommend for either regular nor long-term use. Useful for intermittent use.”

Breagan December 11, 2017

For Insomnia: “Last night was my 1st night on Sonata 10 mg, I went right to sleep and didn't wake till morning. I love it”

2 o'clock Titus · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 30, 2017

For Insomnia: “I have no problem going to sleep (9 or 10). I'll will quite frequently wake up at 1:00am or 2:00am and cannot get back to sleep. When this happens I take 10mg and I will quickly go back to sleep until 4:30am or 5:00am which is the time I get up. If I get 6 to 7 hour of total sleep without waking up I won't take the Sonata .”

Ditty218 September 10, 2017

For Insomnia: “It made my blood pressure spike (190/119). This was in the late morning, early afternoon after taking, so I have to assume it was when the CNS suppressive effect was wearing off. My doctor (a psychiatrist) was not interested in discussing the possible reasons for this. I had pounding in my head and pressure against my left eyeball.”

Sw33t_P August 13, 2017

For Insomnia: “Sonata for the most part is great. I've had insomnia for years now and nothing seemed to phase me. I'm taking two 10mg and while it does work, I have those night where it doesn't do anything. Can't even tell I took it. I usually take it around 10pm. I've noticed if I have any food in my stomach it doesn't work or doesn't work as well. If I take it on an empty stomach it works great. With my schedule I sometimes can't eat until around 8:30-9:00 pm so on those nights I usually don't even take it because I know it won't work. Also, sometimes I wake up after about 4-5 hours of sleep and can't go back to sleep. Then some nights I sleep all night. Not sure if it's just me but it seems like sonata is very finicky.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 12, 2017

For Insomnia: “This drug is garbage and should be taken off the market, doesn't work keeps you up all night when you have to work a 12hr shift the next day. Causes RLS, migraine, and insomnia”

phlebo July 25, 2017

For Insomnia: “Mother passed away; had to quit my job after 19 yrs; had surgery on my left hand; had to be re-trained. Definitely had a hard time sleeping with all of that going on. Sonata was the answer for me!!!”

Surf and Sand March 15, 2017

For Insomnia: “I was taking this medication on and off for over a year. Although it did help me go back to sleep, I found myself going to the doctor more and more for constipation, stomach pain, muscle pains, anxiety and the worst one tingling all over my body. I went through all sorts of miserable medical tests, and everything came back normal. It finally occurred to me that maybe this medication was causing all of my misery, so I looked up the side-effects and sure enough they are all listed. I am in the process of weaning myself off of this medication and feel like absolute crap. I wish I had never started this medication! My recommendation is: get a sleep study, try "natural"(less addicting) sleep aides, or trazadone and therapy for stress.”