User Reviews for Otrivin

Otrivin Rating Summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 226 medications used in the treatment of Nasal Congestion.

Reviews for Otrivin to treat Nasal Congestion

"Worst sinus spray ever. Took it once and started to get lightheaded with chest pain. Cleared up my nose but side effects are not worth it."

SinusSufferer (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"One of the most worst medicine made it should stop production"

Anonymous August 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Not suitable for allergy congestion, for example dust. The drug has a rebound effect, immediate relief at first followed by a worse condition hours later. The more you take the more you will need."

Hubartus August 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Good for the congestion, clears you up, however, used for only 1.5 days and the inside of my nose is raw and bleeding, the spray also has hurt / stung the back of my throat. Have used nasal sprays in the past, no other has ever had these effects."

CT89 August 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm not sure if it was the cause, but after a week of using otrivin, I suffered panic disorder (sleep problems, fast heartbeat, chest tightness)."

Horrible experience March 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Became addicted to it. Used it several times a day for about 20 years. HAD to use it to keep nostrils open. Finally a doctor said I should stop. I quit cold turkey. Very hard. After about a month it was OVER. I do not need them now and do not have to carry nose drops 24-7. Do NOT start using it!!! Have been off them for over 15 years now."

Donotuseit February 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Good Stuff, Really clears out that rough nasal problem after a good night out"

Dougie Lavick (USA USA USA) (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Fantastic product. Prefer the squeezy bottle as you use how much you need. Great for colds & hayfever. The measured dose spray however I don't like as it's too big for me. Gives me nervousness/ heart beats fast."

AngieMcUk. (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 27, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This stuff does not work. I would not recommend. I've been using this stuff all week whilst having a cold, I'm still blocked up. Do not use"

William98765432123456789 October 18, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I call it miraculous. I couldn't breathe at night when I had a cold. Mother in law gave me Otrivin and it unblocked my nose in a few seconds. I now use it whenever I have nose congestion and it performs each and every time. I honestly am so glad there is finally an effective drug for nose congestion."

Cam1984 May 1, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Since two years I am using without any side effect. It is recommended by my doctor."

sldani (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 10, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I would rank Otrivin as the best decongestant on the market. I have used the product for years when I have a cold."

Ellas (taken for 10 years or more) January 18, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"A lifesaver at night when unable to mouth breath. Only problem was I became addicted to using it! My nose became congested every-night & would only become unblocked when I used Otrivin. I had to wean myself off it."

Tilbs (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Life saving at the time of congestion."

Sekhu Baba February 3, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It was prescribed by my doctors several years ago. Now it's OTC. It works perfectly and in a timely manner. It's soothing and not harsh like most nasal sprays. No horrible aftertaste either. Used it for years with none of the side affects mentioned."

Anonymous November 3, 2011