User Reviews for Otrivin

Nasal Congestion

Summary of Otrivin reviews 7.0 17 reviews

Reviews for Otrivin

For Nasal Congestion "This nasal spray works in seconds and last for hours. I had a cold, stuffy runny nose and a constant draining at the back of my throat which cause me to cough incessantly, after taking otrivin all of my symptoms stopped. It can cause a slight headache if you take too much and you can get addicted because it works so well, then after a while you get rebound congestion so be aware of that, and only use it for a few days"

Conchia December 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nasal Congestion "Warning please don't use otrivin. As your well wisher I would like to draw your attention towards the side effects of otrivin. It's been 10 years now that I'm using nose drops as I had deviated septum and oversized turbino. In 2015 I had an operation of septoplasty and turbinoplasty. Along with this I have allergic rhinitis so I started using otrivin as nasal decongestant but somehow I got addicted to this otrivin it gives you a nice, clear open nose. But you know you get rebound congestion after a while. Once you use otrivin then it will keep your nose open for 9 hours but once the effect is gone you face the same problem but this time your nose blows up inside t twice the size it was. Stop it before it gets too late don't suffer like me..."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nasal Congestion "Worst sinus spray ever. Took it once and started to get lightheaded with chest pain. Cleared up my nose but side effects are not worth it."

SinusSufferer (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nasal Congestion "One of the most worst medicine made it should stop production"

Anonymous August 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nasal Congestion "Not suitable for allergy congestion, for example dust. The drug has a rebound effect, immediate relief at first followed by a worse condition hours later. The more you take the more you will need."

Hubartus August 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nasal Congestion "Good for the congestion, clears you up, however, used for only 1.5 days and the inside of my nose is raw and bleeding, the spray also has hurt / stung the back of my throat. Have used nasal sprays in the past, no other has ever had these effects."

CT89 August 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nasal Congestion "I'm not sure if it was the cause, but after a week of using otrivin, I suffered panic disorder (sleep problems, fast heartbeat, chest tightness)."

Horrible experience March 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nasal Congestion "Became addicted to it. Used it several times a day for about 20 years. HAD to use it to keep nostrils open. Finally a doctor said I should stop. I quit cold turkey. Very hard. After about a month it was OVER. I do not need them now and do not have to carry nose drops 24-7. Do NOT start using it!!! Have been off them for over 15 years now."

Donotuseit February 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nasal Congestion "Good Stuff, Really clears out that rough nasal problem after a good night out"

Dougie Lavick (USA USA USA) (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nasal Congestion "Fantastic product. Prefer the squeezy bottle as you use how much you need. Great for colds & hayfever. The measured dose spray however I don't like as it's too big for me. Gives me nervousness/ heart beats fast."

AngieMcUk. (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 27, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nasal Congestion "This stuff does not work. I would not recommend. I've been using this stuff all week whilst having a cold, I'm still blocked up. Do not use"

William98765432123456789 October 18, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nasal Congestion "I call it miraculous. I couldn't breathe at night when I had a cold. Mother in law gave me Otrivin and it unblocked my nose in a few seconds. I now use it whenever I have nose congestion and it performs each and every time. I honestly am so glad there is finally an effective drug for nose congestion."

Cam1984 May 1, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nasal Congestion "Since two years I am using without any side effect. It is recommended by my doctor."

sldani (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 10, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nasal Congestion "I would rank Otrivin as the best decongestant on the market. I have used the product for years when I have a cold."

Ellas (taken for 10 years or more) January 18, 2013

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nasal Congestion "A lifesaver at night when unable to mouth breath. Only problem was I became addicted to using it! My nose became congested every-night & would only become unblocked when I used Otrivin. I had to wean myself off it."

Tilbs (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nasal Congestion "Life saving at the time of congestion."

Sekhu Baba February 3, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Nasal Congestion "It was prescribed by my doctors several years ago. Now it's OTC. It works perfectly and in a timely manner. It's soothing and not harsh like most nasal sprays. No horrible aftertaste either. Used it for years with none of the side affects mentioned."

Anonymous November 3, 2011