User Reviews for Vortioxetine

Also known as: Trintellix

Learn more about Vortioxetine.

Vortioxetine Rating Summary

6.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 217 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Vortioxetine to treat Depression

"Since my ins. does not cover I buy from Canada - under Brintellex - it is $309/3mo 20mg and I split pills. If you do this, don't mention splitting pills to Dr as that is not permitted by manufacturer due to their profits. Anxiety is lowered & I lost weight. I no longer crave food/ binge eat at night, and no desire to drink anymore. Started at 5mg 1st week, then 10mg. Tried SSRIs in past, none worked. The Trentillex has mild sex side effects slowing arousal, but still can get orgasms. Made me vomit twice. I get dizzy and feel nausea within 2 hours after I've taken it. Taking with food helps. Makes me thirstier and sweat more during workouts and burp. The only other med. which helped my anxiety with no sex side effects was pricey Ketamine infusion"

exmdmataker (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on all of the commonly prescribed SSRIs. Zoloft, Paxil, Celexa, Trazodone, Cymbalta, Prozac..just to name a few. I tried all of these during my teenage years and experienced agitation, suicidal tendencies, and indifference as side effects of these drugs. I waited out the nausea for the first two weeks of taking Trintellix and now that has gone away. My anxiety has been calmed and my depressive feelings have also been brought down to a tolerable level where I can bring myself out of it. This is the best medication I've been prescribed to for my anxiety/depression to date. I'd say it would be best to wait out the nausea and see if it goes away"

Mr. Johnson (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This has been the most effective antidepressant I have taken in the last 3-4 years and the list of antidepressants I've been on is prob somewhere in the 20-25 range. I've been on almost every brand and dose out there and I'm only 26 years old. After becoming a fat, exhausted zombie on zyprexa for a year from a quack Dr, I went to a new doc who prescribed me this. This medication has saved my life. I am motivated, see the positive in life, I have lost over 50lbs (with consistent diet and exercise), and people around me just like me better when I'm taking this. I feel sane and not like my brain is going to crack into fragments at any second. No side effects, give this stuff a chance."

Beedoose (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "Been on this medication a week on 5mg side affects at first we're headache and a bit of nausea even with food but each day gets better I was prescribed this for anxiety and it seems to be working I can hold conversation without feeling anxious!"

Coutts (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "Wish I could rate this poisonous chemical a minus ZERO... got free samples for 6 weeks at 5mg I've missed so much work trying to adjust to flu like symptoms, leg cramps, diarrhea, more depressed, the pharmaceutical rep told my doctor he himself was on it imagine that just to push this medication onto lab rats such as myself. I'm now trying to connect with a with drawl specialist waiting for a call back as I've tried to cut the pill in 3 sections and within an hour I'm vomiting, I'm dehydrated, and reporting this medication to the FDA and any other agency that will take this seriously my primary only a DO and has no experience in anti depressants he just passed along samples talked into by his drug rep I HATE what this med has done to me"

22Vinnie (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "I am currently in rehab I was addicted to benzos and prescribed methadone . And coming off these two h ve uncovered anxiety and depression. I have suffered from anxiety many times before but I hadn't really had depression in years I really think it was drug induced . I started citalopram 10mg 3-4 weeks ago and it wasn't cutting it, so started 5mg trintelix two days ago, so far so good, I feel more alert, the only side affect is slight ringing in my head,vit's not really bothering me hoping it passes . Take care.:)"

Patty 55 June 6, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"After 10 years of 5mg of Paxil which the company doesn't make but I cut the pill in half only to ward off the horrible sandy floating feeling in my head side effects to get off, my doctor gave me several samples of trintilex at 5mg to start... I had such high hopes of great things and what his pharmaceutical rep reported of course all positive so the drug is pushed... My symptoms: 4 weeks into and all started immediately but wanted it to work so bad... Nausea to the highest level, dizziness, couldn't focus or concentrate at work, irritable, angry, agitated, enraged, severe stomach pains and cramping daily, vision issues my eye sight blurry and needed a stronger script, nightmares, suicidal thoughts and not wanting to be here very scary"

Dissappointed to the beyond (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on 5mg for the past two weeks and am supposed to go up to 10mg tomorrow. I have suffered with depression for over 20 years now. I have been on a lot of different AD's over the years and celexa was probably the most helpful until it just stopped working. So the last two weeks have been strange. Never experienced the nausea that a lot of people have mentioned. I have this strange detached feeling, like when you are sick and take cold medicine...just foggy and tired, sooo tired. The constant dry mouth and funny taste are really annoying. I don't really feel better, just sort of numb to emotion. I promised myself I would give it a chance and stick with it for at least the 6-8 weeks but now I'm nervous about the bump up to 10mg."

JK1976 (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "I am on this for my Generalised Anxiety Disorder. Then my mother passed away several months ago, and I am unable to grieve. I can't cry, I can't think about her, I can't function. I have never had this problem before. This It alters reality and makes you feel as though you really are not here or as though things are not in the physical. I cannot explain it, you have to experience it. At first I liked Trintellix until I realized it just takes away all sense of emotion, numbing you to everything."

Mark1968 June 4, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "This is the only antidepressant that was beneficial to me. Following a steroid induced psychosis, I just was never the same. Terrible anxiety, up at night, deep depression every now and then. I will say that my sleep didn't fall into place until I was on the 20mg. I can't imagine life without this medicine!"

Kat77* June 1, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Hi everyone. I am currently 25 years old, and was diagnosed with anxiety in my earlier years at the University of Alabama. Well as years went by, as I went through many stressful situations such as, loss of ex girlfriend, drinking problems, financial issues, etc.. it has recently slipped to the point of depression. Major Depression, so my MD says. Well for about 4 years now after Paxil, Celexa, Alprazolam, Klonopin, nothing has really worked..(rather than the benzos, but we all know that suffer from major depression, that is temporary, and we are looking for long term solutions). Anyways after these past couple years of misery, I finally was put on Trintellix about 2 months ago. It is absolutely amazing how well it works! Its worth the try!"

B-HamBrad (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 27, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "Every drugs works differently for each person, but I have personally found Trintellix to be very helpful to my life. I have been taking 20mg for 4 months and it has helped so much with anxiety and depression. I'm not "cured" of being an anxious person, but it no longer consumes me. Even if I worry about things, I don't have the physical, gut wrenching worry that I always had. I feel more positive about life and more positively about things I used to panic about. I'm able to think rationally and manage. I had gotten to the point where none of the things I used to enjoy did anything for me. I have that back now after being on this medication. I laugh at things again, I don't just want to stay away and sleep. I can say I'm truly happy again"

PJDD May 25, 2017

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "After trying just about every other medicine out there, this has, by far, been the most effective from an emotional, cognitive, and mental standpoint; however, I am sad to say that I have made the decision to discontinue due to weight gain (15 pounds-ish). I gained weight when I first started the medication at 5mg (also had a severe rash on my stomach), with the weight-gain increasing almost immediately after jumping up to 10 mg. The weight gain is the only reason that I am discontinuing. (Some FYI's. I must take this medicine with food or I will be sick. I also take it right before bed as it makes me tired, and also take Lamictal, Trazadone, Buspar, and Ritalin)."

Happy/Sad May 24, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"my husband was put on this drug for anxiety and depression. He started on 5mg then went up to 10 mg but then they put it up to 30 mg and he started getting very aggressive not sleeping at night and he has got a lot wosre than he ever was.. hospital took him off this drug and also said that they had had some complaints about this."

charlie chaplin May 24, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "I have treatment resistant depression and have been on 20+ psychotropic meds (including MAOIs) in the past 20 years to try to get out of the pit that is depression in addition to lots of CBT/other therapies and ECT treatments. I started taking this medicine in the fall of 2015. It was still very new at this point but I was willing to try anything. It took several weeks to become effective and a couple months to help markedly. I went from having an average mood of 3.4 on a 1-10 scale with 10 being the best to having an average mood of 7 in a six month period. My mood has stayed stable for the last year, save for the infrequent dip down. I am thankful for this medicine and the fact it gave me my life back after a decade in an episode."

JR46464646 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 20, 2017

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I only lasted 3 days on this medication. I started becoming itchy all over my body and Benadryl barely helped."

MichelleDeeee (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Absolutely LIFECHANGING. I honestly don't know what I would've done without this drug. I tried a handful of other antidepressants that made me feel emotionless and lethargic, but Trintellix allows me to function like a normal human being without the zombie-like symptoms. I used to have panic attacks every single day and I haven't had one in over six months. There are still bouts of anxiety, but the severity is nowhere near the crippling anxiety that I used to experience. It's a miracle. I can actually live a normal and fulfilling life again. The only downside is the weight gain (about 20 pounds for me, even with exercise everyday and healthy eating) and the intense nausea after taking it every night. Not the best, but certainly worth it."

Stevie17 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 14, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "I have been on several antidepressants and/or anxiety meds over the past 15 years. This is the first one that I can actually tell a difference without having to take a cocktail of other Drugs with it. The ONLY downside was the nausea. The first couple days felt like morning sickness. Once I got through it it's been well worth it. And unlike many other drugs there isn't the overwhelming weight gain."

Blue ain't my color May 14, 2017

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"When I started Trintellix 2 years ago, within a couple days, my mood and energy improved and the physical side effects were tolerable. As time went on my energy level went down and I started gaining weight (15 lbs ) My muscles were always aching and I couldn't feel joy or sadness. I was numb. Don't ask me why I stayed on it for 2 years. My cognition was so sharp though. Maybe that's why. Trintellix made me a bit paranoid and socially uncomfortable .. Anyways to make a long story short, I switched to Pristiq 50mg and I'm doing better socially and I'm sleeping through the night. On Trintellix , I was up at 3 or 4 every morning. I think I would try Trintellix again if I ever went into a severe depression again. Take care"

KaleyL (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 3, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on this for a few days. From the first dose I noticed that in about 2 hours I was extremely anxious, almost a panic attack. So far it's happened each time and lasted a few hours. I'm still trying it to see if it improves otherwise I'll have to stop taking it."

Omne May 3, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "I was not happy about this drug at all. It made me feel SO lazy and tired. Zero effect on my mood; in fact, I was in a worse mood since I had zero energy."

Sasha9 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2017

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "My nurse practitioner was uninformed . None of the "NEW" meds worked for me. Every two weeks she would try another med. This meds was the worst. I had headaches constantly with this med. I have the impression she was not educated about the meds and the side effects."

Unhappy camper!!! (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2017

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "I have been on many antidepressants and they all make me want to snack and overeat. I gained a lot of weight on all of the other antidepressants. I was so tired of gaining weight. About a year ago I started taking Trintellix and I am no longer craving snacks all day. My depression was marked by feelings of irritibility and lots of crying. I feel 100% better. I think that this medication has worked better than any others I've tried. So relieved."

Feeling good in NJ April 26, 2017

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "Day 1 on Trintellix. Have been on Zoloft for 1 1/2 yrs. It helped my PMDD immensely, but I started to feel like I was losing ANY emotions. Not sad, not happy either. Recently started to feel so BLAH that nothing I did brought me any joy, I could basically take it or leave it. I told my doctor that I wasn't sad, just wasn't feeling the "zest" for life that I knew I should be feeling. He switched me to Trintellix. I was reading reviews on it last night, just to know what to expect, so I had anticipated the nausea after my first dose. And sure enough, about 15 min later the wave of nausea hit me and then I was off to the bathroom. I'm more than willing to get through the side effects in the beginning if it means feeling more like ME again"

SunnySummer23 April 22, 2017

41 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I used Brintellix for 2 weeks. Overall I didn't expierence any bad side effects, except a little bit of drowsiness or headache. It didn't affect my mood."

SMLR (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2017