User Reviews for Vortioxetine to treat Depression

Also known as: Trintellix

Vortioxetine Rating Summary

5.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 191 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Vortioxetine

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 27, 2020

Trintellix (vortioxetine): “The day I took trintellix I feel my throat open up. I felt the effects of it almost immediately. It has changed my life. I have taken other antidepressants and they’re only made me feel so terrible with vomiting and feeling so down. I was hesitant to try anything else yet my amazing doctor who I trust very dearly told me how effective trintellix has been for anxiety although it is commonly used for depression. Changed my life. Highly recommend. Ps. My doctor reassured me that trintellix would be the right drug for me if I had no side effects. That’s why I trusted to try it. If you’re having side effects it’s not the right drug for you and you should commit to trying other meds till you find the right fit. The right fit may take several tries yet I promise and can reassure you, it will change your life for the better. Trust in the process and commit to finding the right fit with the help and surveillance of your doctor. You won’t regret it.”

Kay · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 1, 2020

Trintellix (vortioxetine): “Started Trintellix in a VERY LOW DOSE.. seemed to help. After 3 months, didn’t seem to help at all. Increased my dose, then the vomiting, weight gain went crazy!! Had to leave work several times because of vomiting!! I am a nurse in a VERY busy emergency department!! Grateful they didn’t fire me! Then the weight gain - up 20 LBS!! They claimed “ no significant effect on weight”.. LYING!!! Never again.. weaned off.. I’ll deal with being sad!”

Lee1209 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 9, 2020

Trintellix (vortioxetine): “I started Trintellix 2 months ago for anxiety/depression. I've been on Wellbutrin which helps my mood & can counteract some sexual side effects so I’ve stayed on it but it hasn’t really helped my anxiety. I’ve been on Zoloft, lexapro (horrible experience) and cymbalta, all had side effects I ultimately found unlivable. Honestly, starting trintellix was rough but if you can manage, stick with it! I had pretty bad nauseousness but only threw up once within the first few days of starting, & I started super slow & low. No other side effects and this is the first med that has not affected my sexual function. My anxiety is lessened and I feel hopeful. The daily nausea has gone away although I’ve noticed I’m more prone to motion/car sickness but my doctor gave me zofran for that. So far this Wellbutrin/trintellix combo is the best I’ve found for me. P.S. go through their website to get your Rx card to help with costs it helped my price tremendously”

Lf · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2020

Trintellix (vortioxetine): “I just started two days on this drug. I was told take it with food in the morning to stop nausea. First day my stomach was upset but no vomiting. Today I took it after I ate and within a hour or so I vomited so badly my throat is completely sore. Is this normal? This is such an expensive drug, even with insurance I paid almost $200. I don’t want to discontinue the use just yet but I am not sure I can handle the nausea and vomiting. Anyone else having these same issues?”

asadlife May 27, 2020

Trintellix (vortioxetine): “I'm in my early 30's- been dealing with depression for almost 15 years. My former doc prescribed me trintillex. he swore it was a super "clean" med with out side effects. it's been 2+ years taking it (max 20mg) & I had no positive effects. Don't let your doc tell you it won't/rarely causes weight gain. IT DOES, especially if you're a female. It will continue the longer on it/dose increased. Also, awful GI problems- bad nausea or bad constipation. Also only makes anxiety worse especially if you take in the AM- take in PM you can't sleep ^_^ I would stay away from this drug DEFINITELY if you have anxiety, sensitive stomach, prone to weight gain from meds. I'm done off this in 4 days! can't wait”

Andy May 17, 2020

“I’m taking this for anxiety and obsessive thoughts which started after a large bender the previous year after lads trip to Ibiza. The first 4-8 weeks were pretty bad and it didn’t seem to work, in fact my anxiety and thoughts felt much worse. I found it hard to sleep but didn’t have any other side affects. After 8-10 weeks and increasing the dose to 15mg things started to work. Sleep massively improved and coupled with meditation my anxiety is practically non existent. It can flare up though after a drinking lots of beers. The obsessive/taboo thoughts are still there but more manageable. Overall my experience has been good. Very little to no side affects which others have reported. I lead a normal life - just got to sometimes remind myself I’m 35 not 25 (3 glasses of wine a week and not 3 bottles is now the rule). Hope this helps - just be patient with it as it took almost 10 weeks for it to work for me.”

Jools · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 12, 2020

Trintellix (vortioxetine): “Hi guys so I was on many different anti depressants and never really got any side effects at all. I like to think I'm very strong minded when it comes to taking antidepressants. But when I started on brintillex literally within 5 minutes of me taking it I was getting sick, for the first time ever I was getting a side effect from a pill. I thought maybe I was just sick the first time I took it but every single time I did within 5 minutes I would be getting sick. This happened in the car we would have to pull over this happened in work. I'm not one to give up on something so I said I was going to keep going and push through I stayed on it for over 3 months and it didn't get much better! Such a waste of time and money it cost me a bomb for a box of it I think 70 euro as I don't have a medical card and there was no generic version! Worst antidepressant ever.”

Nurse75 · Taken for less than 1 month May 12, 2020

Trintellix (vortioxetine): “I have always suffered from anxiety and depression. Having to go to work as a nurse's not knowing what the next day would bring was making my anxiety out of control. I went off Wellbutrin, started low dose of Trintellix. The anxiety was quickly gone, but I feel blah, crying al ot, getting depressed easily. I'm going top try and get back into working out again and see if that helps.”

anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2020

“This drug ruined my life, I'm 19 years old and have had severe headaches and restless legs since I was on it. It's been 2 month since I quit it. I have headaches that only seem to get worse. I know it's rare to have this reaction. But I want to make sure someone out there considering trying this think twice, is it worth ending up like me, where the pain is so high I cant even think, and restless legs that don't stop.”

Scooter · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 4, 2020

“I’ve been on Trintellix for 6 weeks now. I have been on anti depressants for 15 years and I’m 62. I am only on 5 mg and didn’t increase. I’m sensitive to meds. I felt good right away and more motivated and alert. I did have nausea every time I took it. I would take a 1/2 zofran and that helped. Now I get nauseous only occasionally . My only complaint is my anxiety is still bad. I wake up with anxiety at night. I don’t know if increasing to 10 mg would help or not. I do know that so many people on this forum don’t seem to give the meds enough time to work and I always feel worse before I feel better. I’m wondering if this pandemic we are in is increasing my anxiety and I just have to deal with it. I don’t feel as sad, unmotivated, and tired all the time, since I’ve been on trintellix. I will continue using it. I just wish it wasn’t so expensive!”

Kgirl February 25, 2020

Trintellix (vortioxetine): “I went on this medication because I have a condition called PGAD (persistent genital arousal disorder). The condition I have is absolutely horrible. I was previously on zoloft for over 10 years 100mg. It starts to flatten out so my doctor also gave me Wellbutrin 150mg in 2016/2017. In May 2019 my PGAD condition occurred (reasons are still unknown). I was then told to go off zoloft due to it's sexual side effects and try something else. My doctor gave me Trintellix 10mg. At first it worked okay. I felt super nauseous for a while. Then later almost every night I waa throwing up an hour after taking Trintellix. I took Trintellix for 8 months with zero relief of the vomiting. I have to take domperidone before my trintellix so I don't puke. My condition sort of got better now it is terrible. I also have anxiety and panic attacks nearly every day and cry very easily. It just isn't the pill for me. It was used for my anxiety and did not work.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 24, 2020

Trintellix (vortioxetine): “I was on Cipralex for 5 years for anxiety and depression and my anxiety was better but about depression it was up and down, my dr switched me to trintellix 20 about 6 months ago and I feel my depression is getting better. I feel more happy but it worsened my anxiety ! I don't think this drug helps for anxiety at all !!!”

cali999 February 23, 2020

Trintellix (vortioxetine): “Trintellex started working by the end of the second week and continues to. I am happier than I have ever been and so impressed that Trintellex was able to get me through the incredibly difficult last two months, e.g changed jobs, had a project with an impossible deadline, the holidays, etc. I'm on 10mg daily. Side effect-wise I have some sexual dysfunction (loss of libido, difficult to achieve orgasm) but right now it seems worth it to feel this good. I've also lost weight. A new wrinkle as of 2 weeks ago is a tinnitus. I only notice it when its totally quiet which hasn't made sleeping the best so I take Trazadone to help with that which works great. After two months, I'm still feeling great on the Trintellex but the side effects aren't dissipating and I'm wondering how long I will be able to deal with them. Definitely not forever. Will update if things change.”

Blondie · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 19, 2020

Trintellix (vortioxetine): “I started Trintellix at 10mg over 4 weeks ago after being on Prestiq for over a year. I have been going into a deeper depression then I have ever experienced. I have sweats, upset stomach (take in morning with food). My nerves are shot and I don't want to leave my bedroom. I used to be so active in life now I just want to hide. I am going to my doctor today to request being taken of this medication and be put on something else. This medicine has just made my life worse than ever before. If you are deciding on what to go on I would not recommend this product.”

JD Slazenger · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 18, 2020

“Trintellix made me have suicidal thoughts every week. As soon as I went off it, I never had another suicidal thought. It was like night and day. I have been told, stay away from these drugs, they will mess you up. Now I know.”

Mi · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 16, 2020

“I have been on this medication vortioxetine for 6 months, I feel awful, such side effects that I have decreased my meds from 10mg to 5mg and will be going off it. Anger outbursts, fits of rage. Trouble sleeping, tired all the time, terribly lethargic. I wouldn't recommend it, it has worked for some but I guess it depends on what other meds you are on and what is right for you.”

Nikki · Taken for less than 1 month February 13, 2020

Trintellix (vortioxetine): “Was switched to Trintellix from Citalopram as it interfered with an antibiotic I needed. I have been on it for 3 weeks now. Absolutely horrible! I have never felt this crazy. I feel like I am loosing my mind. Constant panic attacks, sensitivity to even the slightest sounds, lightheaded/dizziness, nausea, suicidal ideations, difficulty breathing. I am suffering from severe mood swings. I stopped taking it tonight. Just can’t do it anymore. I rather have nothing than this.”

Seq2Sea · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 11, 2020

Trintellix (vortioxetine): “Worked quickly and effectively for me. I did have some side effects that lasted a week or so each time I upped the dose, but they went away. On 20mg for most of 16 months”

amerzzl February 5, 2020

Trintellix (vortioxetine): “Was prescribed this after Cipralex taking away my emotions. I've only been on it for two days, only 2.5 mg, but it's awful. My anxiety is the highest it's ever been, I'm always crying and I can't even do anything. Not going to torture myself with this any longer. Discontinuing tomorrow. Not worth it.”

MSU7794 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 22, 2020

Trintellix (vortioxetine): “It’s been great. Take 10mg nightly along with 300mg Wellbutrin xl in the morning. Initial stomach problems for about 2 months, but now no problems. Could not tolerate drinking on this medication. No sexual side effects which has been a god send. If your insurance covers it/can afford I recommend.”

JunieBug · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 21, 2020

Trintellix (vortioxetine): “Very happy, 90% depression symptom reduction. Only drawback is I’ve gained 10lbs and haven’t been able to get it off yet but I’m mentally I’m the best I’ve been in years so worth the trade off tbh.”

venommist · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 15, 2020

Trintellix (vortioxetine): “I have update after 13 weeks. So I started Trintellix for MDD/Anxiety/OCD. First 2-3 weeks really fast improvement with my energy and motivation, but after 5 - 6 weeks I had severe headache and cold chills. Took a break for 2-3 days and started again. Motivation again but still "not myself". Couldn't sleep with 10 mg, its really activating, my blood pressure went high, so must cut back to 5 mg, seems its ok, no nausea, less brain fog, better cognition. Keep update next.”

Jay · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 13, 2020

“I started taking vortioxetine about 4 years ago. 5mg was enough for me to keep debilitating anxiety at bay. Helped a lot with depression and no sexual side effects or weight gain. After a few years I tried to wean myself off and was taking 5mg every second day for a little while. But I realised I needed to stay on it as my anxiety came back badly so I started taking it again and quickly went up to 15mg. Have now been putting on weight and having lots of sugar/carbcravings like on other antidepressant. I am now going to go back to 10mg and if the weight won’t go I’ll have to go back to 5mg. Hopefully it still works at these lower levels without the weight gain/cravings.”

Alice · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 11, 2020

“I started this medication for severe depression and anxiety, it was thought to have less side effects and from what I read, I thought that would be the case too. Instead, it had the worst side effects of any antidepressant I’ve ever taken, my anxiety is really severely worse and my depression hasn’t improved at all. In response to this they doubled my dose to 20mg. But the side effects were even worse and they won’t stop the medication. Please don’t tolerate horrible side effects like I’ve been forced too.”

Johnny · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 9, 2020

“Taking this medication for anxiety. I started at 10 mg with no or little effect then went up to 20 mg. Side effects are crazy dreams, insomnia, nausea and increased anxiety. I would not recommend this medication to people with GAD. Horrible.”