User Reviews for Vortioxetine

Also known as: Trintellix

Learn more about Vortioxetine.

Vortioxetine Rating Summary

6.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 222 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Vortioxetine to treat Depression

"Hello: I have taken 5mg doses once a day for the past 2 1/2 weeks for High blood pressure and stress. I noticed no effect and had none of the bad side effects I've heard of here. One thing - I do think I am dreaming more. Not nightmares but very vivid dreams. I may be a little calmer during the day but I can hardly notice *any* changes. I will stay with this for a while longer and see what happens."

Stork1 (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2016

"Have tried a lot of meds over the years. This has been gently helping. Just started the 20 mg level. No severe side effects. I like it."

Wiinniii (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 23, 2016

"I've been suffering from anxiety for years now and was being given klonopin originally. After 5 years of klonopin use, both my doctor and I wanted to wean me off the Klonopin so my doctor put me on Trintellix (Vortioxetine). I started taking Trintellix about a month ago and at first everything seemed to be going fine. I was starting to feel "slightly" better. By the third week I started to get these really bad occasional headaches and get sick to my stomach every time I ate. I heard people say take it with food, but that just made it worse. By the fourth week the headache was a non-stop migraine and I was barely eating. I was so irritable that the slightest thing would set me off. I stopped taking this drug and don't recommend."

Johnny GKL (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "Taken for a month and have noticed positive improvement in every part of my life! Only side effect was gas in the beginning but has gone away."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2016

"I've been on trintellix for over a year now and I'm going to stop. Reason? Increased social anxiety and generalized anxiety, increase in paranoid thoughts/ fear, hot sweats on and off throughout the day. It worked on cognition. I have been super focused and less suicidal but the unwanted side effects were too difficult to handle and I've decided that's enough. I'm going to go back on lamictal as it acts like an antidepressant and helps anxiety. I also have been on abilify for 5 years. Good drug!"

Lanadelle September 21, 2016

"I've had depression and anxiety all my life and tried about 10 meds. Started a week at 10 mg & now at 20 for month. Constant nausea, cramps, morning gas and have gone from lifelong constipation to loose bowels. No other meds have ever shown a benefit including this one and I usually gain 10 lbs. I was using samples and just got an rx last week & cant shake this migraine, could have been PMDD related also but I keep having cramps days after my cycle stops. My pharmacy wouldn't even order it without making me promise to get it on auto refill because they don't keep it in stock because of cost/popularity which I cant afford. Caused petechia (busted blood vessels aggravated by nsaids) in my legs to come back that Zoloft created 3 years ago"

KellyandPeanut704 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2016

"First off I'm 47 and I have suffered off and on from panic attacks and anxiety since my college days. This is the first drug that has worked on both. Not only that, but I only have to take the medication 3 days a week 10 MG and have had zero side effects. I work nights so not sure if the drug effects my sleeping. I think the only side effect is I seem to be thirsty all the time now and I have gained a few pounds. But, no panic and no anxiety since I started the meds 8 months ago. The only thing I worry about now is some FDA report coming out soon saying the drug is not safe..."

Photoguynky September 19, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "Started this almost 3 weeks ago, no side affects except dry/flaky skin on hands , now week 3 nauseous 24/7 and headache 24/7, nothing is taking the headache away not imatrex (RX headache reliever) not excedrin NOTHING. I can't even eat , I feel like it's going to just come right back up. It's like it built up in my system for weeks and now my body is rejecting it. It made me feel better emotionally but physically I can't take it, I just want to stay in bed cause I feel like crap... I know it's the med cause it started on the exact day I started the 3 rd sample bottle. I'm stopping it. I haven't had a headache like this in years or been nauseous."

West2012 September 19, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "I just started this medication today and felt the nausea and upset stomach within an hour of taking it. Food felt to heavy for my irritated stomach so I decided to make a protein shake with a scoop of Matcha green tea powder and some Almond milk. After finishing the shake I felt relief from the nausea and my energy went up. It seems like it would work great if it didn't irritate the stomach. I'm going to give it another few days and if the nausea continues I'm stopping it."

Hopefull909 September 17, 2016

"I am on this medicine since 5 days , zero side effects, I got confused after reading all the reviews about nausea , disineass and all others so called my physician and said this is very normal and depends on people , will continue and write another review in a while"

Fadixx7 (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2016

"This is the only drug that I have found in my life that has worked. It was hard to get started on this med. Itching and hives for 2 weeks, then 1 month of diarrhea (basically just passing water), nausea (but not extreme). Start at low dose. Seriously, I do not see how anyone can hold a job while starting this medication. I have a mthfr gene mutation and I am sensitive to medications so take that into consideration. It has helped a lot with depression but not with anxiety. It has been the only drug that has NOT caused increased anxiety and agitaton. Psychological side effects are much more bothersome to me when trying to get on a med than the physical side effects. It was darn near chemotherapy. Still increasing dose slowly."

Haven't Sprouted A Tail Yet (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "Been on it for depression and anxiety. It's only been for about 4 days now but while it does make them go away, I'm experiencing emotional bluntness. I can feel my emotions there a little but I don't feel them fully. I also keep waking up to sore jaws from the clenching. Sleep is worse as well."

IrisAdele September 6, 2016

"I have been on medication for over 20 years for Bi Polar 2 Disorder, on everything including Lithium. The only things that worked at certain times was Wellbutrin and lamicten ( which stopped working no matter beyond the max and illegal dose after 7 years) and then Lithium, but the weight gain was too much which caused more depression. This was my last chance, next was shock therapy. Since taking Brinttlex, I had 1 day nausea and no side effects at all! So surprised!!! And so very happy that I finally found something that I wasn't sensitive too as I was with all the others 250 meds I've tried. For the first time I felt what I would term 'normal'. Feeling fresh in the morning, and focused, motivated, and my memory recall improved considerably and slept well!"

Phoenix 1 September 3, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "I am taking 70 mg of Vyvanse and also taking Contrave (which contains Wellbutrin). I was feeling ok, but multiple tragedies kept me in a severe state of depression, anxiety and overwhelming sense of apathy. every day I wanted to die. The dr gave me some samples of this med to take with current meds, and last night was the first time I took it. I did feel nauseous, but my doc had told me to take it at night and with food, so that helped since I went to bed once I started feeling sick. I woke up with so much energy. I actually sprung out of bed ready to take on the day, and looked forward to it. I was shocked that it had such a fast effect, but so happy because it's been a really long time since I've felt this good. Hoping it will last."

Flygirlll (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "Felt positive effects immediately at 10 mg. Had one day of diarrhea and some nausea but that went away when I started taking it after dinner. I'm going to ask to be bumped up to 20 mg on my next appt. Very happy with Trintellix. Works better than Wellbutrin, Pristiq or Lexapro and side effects are much less."

Tyler2214 August 25, 2016

"I am on 10 mg per day. During the first couple of weeks I experienced some feelings of nausea, and that subsided. I have to say that Vortioxetine has been excellent for me, as it generates a feeling of peace and wellbeing that I have not experienced for some time. The other very positive aspect of this medication is that I have been able to shed quite a number of kilograms, which is something that I was unable to do on other AD medication. The positive of that is that feel good, lose weight, feel better, lose more weight, higher daily motivation. I am totally satisfied with this medication & would strongly recommend it to anyone contemplating a change of AD medication"

Greygrunt August 24, 2016

"This medicine does not work, no benefits from this at all, it is also advertised that the drug can improve your cognitive performances, for me the opposite is true, I feel a lot dumber! My personal and not medical advice is to stick with older medications since vortioxetine is relatively new on the market and not so much about this molecule is known."

RicyEsp (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2016

"I've tried a few antidepressants and this one worked immediately. What I like is that I wasn't wonder whether it was me or the drug that was making me happy, I was just happy with this. Other drugs make me not care, but this is like a real narcotic where it just instantly makes you happier! The side effects are bad, yeah-- constant nausea and stomach aches, but if that's what it takes for me to function then so be it. My insurance may not cover it though and I am on the last week of my samples right now. The doctor told me it would take time to feel a difference but I felt "on" the first time I took it. It is definitely a stimulant because my jaw hurts a little bit. But at least I'm not crying anymore!"

Daisy3101 August 18, 2016

"Hello everybody, i gave this med good 15 weeks to do its job but it never delivered actually. Social anxiety went down quite noticeably, but only as a result of unnatural sedation or rather "robotisation". I almost missed being "pumped up" by social situations (quite absurd as it sounds), so empty was this "calmness" that vortioxetine was installing within me. Sleep was good, everynight dreaming, though no recollections. Definitely an increased apettie resulting in almost 10 pound weigth gain. Overall feeling of being tired, sleepy, lethargic and apathehtic. No interest in anything really. Erections and orgasms unaffected, but libido singnificantly reduced. Ocassional nausea, lasting few minutes. Wish you luck in your med search !"

apatientpatient (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2016

"OK I went to a new doc and told her about my anxiety. She said this med was a huge antianxiety plus a little antidepressant. I've been taking it for about two months. I've never gotten nauseous or sick but I'm 6'2 320lbs so who knows. I do agree with previous posts about being more sleep oriented but I got over that. I'm no longer anxious and get on with life better than before. I guess a big part of medication is the "want" to improve and this med helped me to follow through with that goal. If you want something to pick you up and show you how capable you can be give this a try. If not Money lost. Experience gained"

JoeShmoe1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2016

"If you really hate yourself, and wanna go through hell, this is the drug for you. I took one 5mg dose, and that was all it took to have a miserable two days. Nausea, diarrhea and gas, headaches, and an overall achey/sore feeling were present throughout. The worst thing though, was the fatigue. I've never slept that much in my life. I was awake for about 4 hours total the first day, and even then I didn't have the strength to stand up I know that my experience may not happen to everyone, but is it really worth the chance? There's bound to be other drugs out there that can help you, without all these side effects. This drug never should have been approved for use"

RevChurch August 13, 2016

"I do not recommend this mediacation at all. Totally overpriced rubbish. Made me feel nauseous straight after taking them to the extent I vomited."

Chlo1991 August 13, 2016

"I started on it and was increased over several weeks to 20mg a day. At first, it was OK but then the nausea started. It did not matter if I took it with food or before bedtime, it was always there. I started feeling slow and more depressed. Today i saw my provider and we decided to wean me off and try something else. I am doing a genetic test to see what meds I will respond to the best."

Nextup August 12, 2016

"I was given 60 days samples of brintellix 10mg from my cnp to replace ibuproprion (Wellbutrin) 150mg and gen lexapro 20mg -which was causing my bp to go up. I also take Ritalin up to 40 mg per day as need I am a 46yo female w gad and adhd. brintellix was an option to address the gad w/o affecting bp. I began brintellix on 7/16 and quit 7/30 bc I couldn't tolerate the following S.E's. •dizziness!! mental fog •diarrhea every morn • increased appetite (gained 10 lbs in the 15 days I was on this med) • incr in irritability- • floaters in my vision including seeing sparkly flashes of light -very weird! I stopped taking brin on 7/31. se symptoms have mostly gone but still feeling brain foggy"

labrat36492 August 1, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "I have been on many anti-depressant medication for years. The last prescription was mirtazapine. Weight gain was ridiculous. My new doctor has prescribed 5 milligrams for the first two weeks then increase to 10 milligrams. After the first week I feel amazing I've had no side effects. I want to get out of bed, get dressed. Open the window shade for sunshine. I have not felt this good in a very long time. Two thumbs up kudos to my new doctor for prescribing this amazing antidepressant"

Fluffy1963 August 1, 2016

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next