User Reviews for Vortioxetine

Also known as: Trintellix

Learn more about Vortioxetine.

Vortioxetine Rating Summary

6.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 221 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Vortioxetine to treat Depression

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "I'm taking 10mg as prescribed. I didn't feel the need for it but the Dr. recommended it. I'm hoping my sex drive will increase and to be more patient when driving (not as irritable). I'm still in week one but I do have multiple side effects: nausea, head aches. I really hope they stop soon. I'm still optimistic about this med. Reading some reviews on here helped. If it doesn't get better, I'll just stop."

Charlie_14 (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2016

"Started at 5mg for a week and then went up to 10 after stopping Pristiq. First two weeks I experienced extreme nausea and diarrhea but it eventually subsided. I also was very lightheaded the first few days adjusting to the medication. Now the only side effect I have noticed is extreme fatigue. My mood has improved quite a bit just not any improvement in motivation."

Anonymous July 21, 2016

"This is the third med I've tried for anxiety and mild depression. Been on it for a week and I hate it so much. I am so dizzy, I have major diarrhea and feel worse than I started. Contacting my doc in the am and changing asap."

Staceykk (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2016

"The nausea hit hard, even when I took it with food. But the worst part was I became extremely paranoid. I did not hear voices but it cost me big time. I had written my brother a check. I became so paranoid that I stopped payment on it. It cost me and my brother cause he ended up being overdrawn. And as far as helping my thinking... it did the opposite. I was so nauseous and paranoid... definitely not clearer thinking. Back on Prozac and doing fine."

Blue2021 (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "Worst experience ever! Doctor says to push through nausea...yeah not happening! Vomitting violently 20-30mins after taking one 5mg pill!! Nausea, dizziness and many other symptoms worse throughout the week. On day 6 and giving up now. Never have I been so violently sick (vomit) in my whole life! I would NOT recommend to anyone! "

Alicat26 July 14, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "I had tried for about 18+ months to find a medicine that would help my depression. I bottomed out and was contemplating suicide. My doc prescribed me Trintellix. I noticed a difference the very first day. I was skeptical at first, but I got better and better as the days went on. I had a few occasions of nausea, and even vomited once, but that all went away after about a month. Trintellix saved my life, literally."

Finally relief (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2016

"Over the years I've taken A LOT of different antidepressants and Brintellix was the worst antidepressant I've ever taken. The side effects were unbearable. Constant gas, diarrhea, neasea, and throwing up. The relief was slight, the side effects were enormous and disrupted my entire life. I could barely go to work much less go out with friends and dating was out of the question. Started on Fetzima and my mental and physical state was back to normal."

Anonymous July 13, 2016

"I started getting nausea the first day on half of the smallest dose. 4 doses and I'm crying, have diarrhea, can't deal with anything. Cant get a hold of the nurse that prescribed it. Miserable. Crisis centers couldn't help. Its been hell. Don't try this unless you can get immediate help from your psychiatrist."

missingmatika July 11, 2016

"This medication has been a miracle worker for me. I tried 15, yes 15 different medications ranging from SSRIs, SNRIs, mood stabilizers, and tricyclics ... This is the only one that has worked for me. It basically "turns everything down" for me. I have horrendous anxiety that causes my depression, so the dampening is a huge relief. I had nausea and other digestive issues for about a week, but those subsided. I've been on this medication twice now: I stopped when I wished to become pregnant and restarted after my daughter was born."

PinotNoir87 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2016

"Started Trintellix right after I finished my 6 weeks of TMS (transcranial magnetic stimulation). Best med Ive been on for depression! Felt a little nausea at the beginning, but have been on 20 mg for over 2 years. Psychiatrist and therapist think the TMS, along with this med, had helped me immensely."

SoCalme (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 5, 2016

"I've been on this for 2 weeks and don't think I can ride out the side effects any longer. Bad nausea and headaches. I've been on many other anti-depressants and rarely get any side effects. I react well to most rx's but this is the first time I've had such negative side effects. The nausea lasts all day. I've been pregnant twice and been on chemo and this nausea is much worse!"

LG52 June 28, 2016

"I am sooo stiff and lazy on Trintellix . I've been on it a year only because I am more focused , but I've had enough now of inactivity and I want to lose the 10 lbs I put on despite watching everything I eat. I find myself too hyper at times and slightly paranoid and over sensitive. I gave it a long hard try. Nope, not for me. I hope my dr will agree to let me go back on low dose cymbalta. I doubt she will agree. I will have to wean myself off this by myself very slowly. Then , I will have to try and convince her to please let me go back on cymbalta . Cymbalta helps calm me down. I hate being at the mercy of a doctor. It's my life. I know how I feel; she doesn't know how I feel. I would like to see her on Trintellix lol"

Juley12345 June 27, 2016

"Don't believe this bs marketing, "serotonin modulator and stimulator" its action is like an SSRI, just on different 5-HT receptors. Took 5mg at night and the 2nd day I already noticed the side-effects. Slight dizziness, more tired than usual, rumbling and upset stomach, a vomit taste at the back of your throat, a sharp pain in my leg (like someone put out a cigarette butt). That scared me, but not as much as the tracers I was seeing. IMO do not take a compound that has not been on the market for at least 7-10yrs(you are just a pharma rat). Sure... you "may" feel better after two, three weeks, maybe... To me it seems just not worth it."

Med-rat June 17, 2016

"Hello everyone , I've been on brintellix for a year. Okay, it's great for my mood but terrible for doing activities I use to enjoy like working out and walking . I just want to sleep all the time. Seriously, all I've been doing is sleeping, going to work and sleeping some more lol . I did stop smoking for 9 months so far so I guess my mood is good to be able to do that! I am not sure about staying on this drug. I think I want to go back on cymbalta but my dr wants me to stay on brintellix I'll figure this out. I'm sick of being tired all the time . Good luck everyone Ps... The first 3 months on it, I threw up and had bad esophagus pain"

Kaleygirl (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 6, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "I have been on a lot of different medications for Depression. Some were awful and terrible, while others were ok or tolerable, and there was even one where I thought that was as good as it's going to get. I was on that a long time. Then, my doctor suggested this. Wow! I can think clearly!! It's definitely a great medication. I have yet to see side effects and I've been taking it for about 6 months."

KyeG3 June 2, 2016

"Horrible. I started on 5mg. I didn't have any side effects until week 2. I started to have worse anxiety and depression. I often felt like driving my car into the river or throwing myself down the stairs. I never had any feelings of harming myself until I started taking this med. My dr told me to go up to 10 mg and after 3 days of this I was doubled over in pain. I refused to continue taking it, and tapered off, 5 mg every 2 then 3 days and then I stopped. I would not recommend this to anyone."

GeeEssGee June 1, 2016

"Been on trintelex for about 3 months now. Have never taken anything for anxiety or depression. I starts at 10 mg and saw no change and now I'm on 20 mg and feel amazing! I'm not as Fearful anymore and when I rarely do have a panic attack , it is easier to cope with and I can pull myself out of it easier. Been trying new things and lovig life! Side effects have been minimal, mild nausea the first few weeks. Very tired I've noticed but it's all worth it. I forgot to take It over a weekend once and had terrible anxiety and depression worse then before but went away after taking the medication for 2 days in a row. I could not be happy without this medication."

JanuaryRoses May 28, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "I was on Brintellix for a short time while trying to transition from Lexapro. Unfortunately it was just not the drug for me. I had terrible nausea that never went away, as well as vomiting. Brintellix didn't really do anything for my anxiety, either, and I definitely noticed symptoms of that again. By the time I stopped taking it, my depression was actually worse, but I think it didn't help that I was feeling so bad physically. If you already have digestive issues, this might not be the med for you."

Digestive side effects May 27, 2016

"Bipolar, had a blast of hypomania on the first 2-6 days. then it gradually went away (not a crash fall like usual). First two weeks was very thirsty, but it went away within 10-14 days. The BP depression was very intense, I literally laid around to weak and fatigued to move. Slept 16 hours a day. completely apathetic, had cognitive side effects of depression. I was pretty much useless for 6-9 weeks before starting this drug. Psychiatrist recommended this one as it helps with cognition as well, and its an atypical antidepressant. By week 2 I was moving, I had more energy still a bit apathetic. By week 5 I was feeling "smarter", about week 8, stable. Week 12 very stable and optimistic ever since!"

Sophia5 May 25, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "Mild nausea when going up to 20mg for first few days - increased sex drive - no side effects which is a miracle being that every other med I've taken has given me every possible side effect. Very satisfied!"

HappyDayzRHere2stat May 24, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "I was about to give up on this med because of the awful nausea it caused but for the past three days I have been swollowing it down with ginger ale and the nausea has miraculously disapeared."

Bbb12345 May 18, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "My doctor noticed that the other medication that I was on was not working well and had me start Brintellix (10 mg per day) from samples he had. There was a direct transition from the other medicine to this one - no tapering off or anything like that. After just a few days, the medicine and I apparently agreed that it would work for me. The side effects that I have are mild headache and sometimes loose stool - to be polite. I'm excited about this one. Big differences in a short time."

Happi-er (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "At first it kept me awake, but that went away in like a week or two. By the 3rd month I can say this is the best stuff I've been in and can laugh again and not hate the world. I have severe depression, anxiety with PTSD."

Ripleysmom May 9, 2016

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "Tried to take months earlier but stopped due to nausea and diarrhea. Gave it another try today....bad idea. Very sick within 1 hour of taking. Horrific headache followed by vomitting everything in my stomach."

Bayoumom (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "When I started having Brintellix 10mg, nausea and itching nearly made me discontinue, but as my doc added Atarax 25mg (hydroxyzine) those nasty side effects disappeared completely. I think I am pretty satisfied with the drug, since I can tolerate it better than SSRI's or SNRI's, only minus is the higher cost compared to the older drugs."

Jonas Richter May 1, 2016