User Reviews for Vortioxetine

Also known as: Trintellix

Learn more about Vortioxetine.

Vortioxetine Rating Summary

6.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 217 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Vortioxetine to treat Depression

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "My nurse practitioner was uninformed . None of the "NEW" meds worked for me. Every two weeks she would try another med. This meds was the worst. I had headaches constantly with this med. I have the impression she was not educated about the meds and the side effects."

Unhappy camper!!! (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "I have been on many antidepressants and they all make me want to snack and overeat. I gained a lot of weight on all of the other antidepressants. I was so tired of gaining weight. About a year ago I started taking Trintellix and I am no longer craving snacks all day. My depression was marked by feelings of irritibility and lots of crying. I feel 100% better. I think that this medication has worked better than any others I've tried. So relieved."

Feeling good in NJ April 26, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "Day 1 on Trintellix. Have been on Zoloft for 1 1/2 yrs. It helped my PMDD immensely, but I started to feel like I was losing ANY emotions. Not sad, not happy either. Recently started to feel so BLAH that nothing I did brought me any joy, I could basically take it or leave it. I told my doctor that I wasn't sad, just wasn't feeling the "zest" for life that I knew I should be feeling. He switched me to Trintellix. I was reading reviews on it last night, just to know what to expect, so I had anticipated the nausea after my first dose. And sure enough, about 15 min later the wave of nausea hit me and then I was off to the bathroom. I'm more than willing to get through the side effects in the beginning if it means feeling more like ME again"

SunnySummer23 April 22, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I used Brintellix for 2 weeks. Overall I didn't expierence any bad side effects, except a little bit of drowsiness or headache. It didn't affect my mood."

SMLR (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "I've been taking Trintellix for over 6 months now and it's helped me a lot! Taking it along with my anxiety medication and birth control has completely gotten rid of my suicidal thoughts and now my panic attack are extremely rare, and only when I am about to/am on my period. My only problem is that it hasn't done as well as psychiatrist has hoped, I still have some of the daze and haziness that prevents me from being able to do anything. Which isn't a very great point if you're on 20mg and your insurance will barely pay for it since it's new, leaving you with about 340$!!!! I still think it's done well by getting me stable and calm but still not really good enough for me, at least right now."

Suuuunnss (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"One week at 5mg, three weeks at 10mg. No intolerable side effects, and it has by far been the most rapidly-acting antidepressant I've tried (I've been on four others). Unfortunately, this is because I cycled into hypomania by the second week on 10mg. Too bad! I didn't want to come off this drug, but it wasn't safe to continue. But hey, it worked - I don't even HAVE depression anymore, because whoops, I'm bipolar!"

hippomatic (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Been on 50 mg for 4 days. No real side effects and I think it's starting to work a little bit. I'm also being weened off of 60mg Cymbalta. I wonder how long I need to keep taking the cymbalta. Still also taking xanax .25mgas needed but seems to be getting less each day."

Mygirls123 April 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Best drug for me so far. Very few side effects; I don't drink nor smoke so maybe that helps. Very happy I don't get the nightmares I used to with Luvox, Zoloft and Paxil. It's more effective than Wellbutrin too. Slight nausea, and at night every now and then a little tingling in my legs , but nothing I can't deal with. Very happy...."

terpsichore (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I must say I am so surprised and starting to get excited again. These are feelings I haven't felt in years. I was told about Trintelix from a friend who said it helps stop the worry and Yes it does exactly that. I am pleased and I've only been taking it two weeks. Looking forward to brighter days."

Peace and hope again April 8, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "I stayed on this medicine for about 3 months. I started on 5mg and worked to 10mg. I loved the way I feel on it but I cannot deal with the nausea it causes. Usually about 15 minutes after taking it the nausea sets in for about an hour to 2 hours. Some issues with decreased libido but other than that I had no other side affects. I finally ask my doctor to switch me to a different medicine due to the upset stomach."

ragan4bama (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "I've taken this almost a month now and my mood has changed for the better significantly! Insurance covered, but since it's pretty new my copay was $75/month I did find a website that had a voucher from that made it cheaper Side effects for myself: nausea/headache first week, redness in face, sore throat, excessive thirst the entire time, I'm constantly thirsty, I'm debating whether my mood is worth it, but I figure I could always use more water anyway lol I've noticed within the last few days my poop is green, unsure what that's about, but definitely a side effect. Gonna at least give it another month and go from there"

Lyss8504 April 5, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "trintellix is awesome. Prior to trintellix, I was feeling empty, disconneted from my body and not wanting to do things. With trintellix, I am more motivated, happy, and outgoing. It has also improved my cognition incredibly, like as if i am on a stimulant. AWESOME DRUG!!!!!"

ololade464646 March 29, 2017

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "This drug has been the best Anti-Depressant/Anti-Anxiety medication I have ever been on. I have been off and on different medications for the past 10 years. (Prozac, Wellbutrin, Cipralex) The first 2 weeks on this medication were rough with nausea and vomiting. My doctor encourage me to push through the first two weeks which I did. After 2 weeks the nausea went away and haven't had any side effects since. It's the first medication I have felt a notable different with. My anxiety is very low. No more tightening chest, vomiting, diarrhea, not being able to breath when in a situation that would previously make me anxious. Only butterflies in my stomach now. I have never felt better in my life. Very optimistic. Is this what normal feels like."

Elise K (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 29, 2017

44 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "I almost never experience major side effects from any medications, and I have been off and on many antidepressants over the past 14 years. I was taking zoloft for a couple months, which was helping with my depressive symptoms, but I though it might've been giving me sexual side effects, but I wasn't sure so my doctor suggested trying trintellix. He said it has a lower incidence of sexual side effects. Well, not only did trintellix give me horrible sexual dysfunction and even lower libido, every time I took this drug for two weeks, I literally felt like I was coming down with the FLU about 15 minutes later. Headaches, nausea, vomiting, heartburn, feverish. I really do think this stuff is poisonous, and needs to be pulled from the market."

PoisonoisDangerousDrug (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2017

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "I have been on this medication for roughly two years. Before I started Trintellix, I was on Zoloft and it caused me to gain almost 40 pounds in less than 4 months. Needless to say, I could no longer keep taking that. My doctor changed me to Trintellix, and it has worked very well. It is the only antidepressant that I have been prescribed that has not caused me to gain any weight. Also, it is fairly cheap if your insurance covers some and if your doctor gives you a coupon."

DCGrad (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 21, 2017

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been depressed for about 14 years. I was on Wellbutrin along with Cymbalta. I was doing welI, but sleeping a lot. My NP suggested Trintellix. She weaned me off of Cymbalta and started me on 5 mg of Trintellix for a week, then upped to 10 for 2 weeks, then started on 20mg. I immediately started having terrible mood swings, with anger and irritability. I have since gone back to 10 mg, however, I cry at the drop of a hat, I have no energy, I have muscle aches and I have a terrible neck ache. My anxiety level has been thru the roof and I have no appetite. I believe this medication has also given me diarrhea. This medication is horrible."

Ilovebooks March 19, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "Run away. This med have me hives and nausea , kept thinking it would go away. I can't take it anymore. Sort of helped with anxiety but not totally."

Nausea for a month (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been taking small dosage of 5mg, as my depression isn't so severe now, as it has been in past. Absolutely wonderful help! I have no side effects at all, not even feeling any nausea, which is a miracle in my books when dealing with depression medication. After a week or so I started feeling my mood lifting, I feel confident and just happy again. I feel like I'm a good person and I can concentrate on my college studies again. Best medicine for depression I have ever tried. Btw, I also have ADHD, so it might make some medicine work differently on me."

Brintelligent (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "One month on 5mg of Trintellix. I was on Zoloft for 3 years and was a zombie. It is like a veil has been lifted. I have energy like I did when I was in my 20s. I also can see I am clearly surrounded by critical condescending people. I never was able to give much thought to their behavior while on zoloft. I am experiencing a euphoric feeling that was absent prior to trintellix."

Middle Aged Dad March 15, 2017

41 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I took vortioxetine for six weeks and it was a horrendous experience. Nausea would set in within minutes after taking my daily dose. I vomited after taking the first dose at 10mg and after my first dose at 20mg. The nausea was so bad that it was actually making me feel worse. I did experience a few days of elevated mood at the end of my six week trial, but that's because I was excited to be done with it and stop taking it. Worst antidepressant I've tried. (On my 10th now)"

RefractoryLee (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"When I started taking it in December, I felt emotionally great but the side effects were horrendous. At first I felt great, but then I felt really nauseous and I couldn't eat anything but buckwheat. Thinking about food made me even more nauseous and I had really bad diarrhoea. For some reason after taking vortioxetine, I became lactose intolerant. I experienced heartburn while taking them. Although I felt emotionally more energetic, my body didn't like it at all."

Estonian (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "Using Trintellix for 2.5 months and I feel transformed. It breaks my heart to see how difficult these medications are for those on this blog. I've always been a half empty person. Go figure. I've done OK with my career and my relationships. But everyday felt like a battlefield, another day of struggle and woe. I went to my doctor and ask for a dopamine booster. Trintellix is what she prescribed. I had a sense a dopamine booster would help since I like drinking and alcohol stimulates the production of dopamine. As does weed. Now with Trintellix I don't need either of those, and my have passion and energy for living has returned, something that I thought was long gone (I'm 65). My only side effects have been a little dizziness, but temporary."

Just another face in the crowd (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2017

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "I've been taking Trintellix for about 3 weeks and have been miserable. I know a new medication takes about a month before being able to tell if it works. From day one, I have had a headache, crazy dreams, a constant banana taste and cotton mouth. The dreams are disjointed, overlapping and exhausting. The banana taste is like that artificial flavor like taffy or snack cakes. It is constant, even after eating pickles. I am constantly drinking something to try to get did of the cotton mouth. I have a traumatic brain injury so my brain is wired differently. I'm taking 450Mg Lamictal and 300Mg Wellbutrin and now Trintellix along with it. I have a feeling that I'm going to have to stop taking the 10Mg of Trintellix"

Mysticopiate February 27, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "It feels slightly more effective than Prozac. I was slightly nauseous for about 24 hours after my first dose. In my opinion, the only downside to Trintellix is the price."

jhh13 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2017

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My husband started taking this medication when he was depressed at work (and in the cold darkness of Finnish winter). After a few days, he suddenly became irritable, hyper-sensitive and seems to not recognise that he isn't the only person in the world and he is hurting other people. Now, two weeks later, he thinks he feels good and refuses to acknowledge that he has become a very different person, he thinks he has always been this way. Maybe he does feel good, but I am not the only person who has noticed and complained about these personality changes he refuses to acknowledge. The man I am living with is not my husband and has done nothing but yell at me for the past couple weeks. This medication ruined our marriage quite efficiently."

LisKit (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2017