User Reviews for Vortioxetine

Also known as: Trintellix

Learn more about Vortioxetine.

Vortioxetine Rating Summary

6.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 222 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Vortioxetine to treat Depression

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "Felt positive effects immediately at 10 mg. Had one day of diarrhea and some nausea but that went away when I started taking it after dinner. I'm going to ask to be bumped up to 20 mg on my next appt. Very happy with Trintellix. Works better than Wellbutrin, Pristiq or Lexapro and side effects are much less."

Tyler2214 August 25, 2016

"I am on 10 mg per day. During the first couple of weeks I experienced some feelings of nausea, and that subsided. I have to say that Vortioxetine has been excellent for me, as it generates a feeling of peace and wellbeing that I have not experienced for some time. The other very positive aspect of this medication is that I have been able to shed quite a number of kilograms, which is something that I was unable to do on other AD medication. The positive of that is that feel good, lose weight, feel better, lose more weight, higher daily motivation. I am totally satisfied with this medication & would strongly recommend it to anyone contemplating a change of AD medication"

Greygrunt August 24, 2016

"This medicine does not work, no benefits from this at all, it is also advertised that the drug can improve your cognitive performances, for me the opposite is true, I feel a lot dumber! My personal and not medical advice is to stick with older medications since vortioxetine is relatively new on the market and not so much about this molecule is known."

RicyEsp (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2016

"I've tried a few antidepressants and this one worked immediately. What I like is that I wasn't wonder whether it was me or the drug that was making me happy, I was just happy with this. Other drugs make me not care, but this is like a real narcotic where it just instantly makes you happier! The side effects are bad, yeah-- constant nausea and stomach aches, but if that's what it takes for me to function then so be it. My insurance may not cover it though and I am on the last week of my samples right now. The doctor told me it would take time to feel a difference but I felt "on" the first time I took it. It is definitely a stimulant because my jaw hurts a little bit. But at least I'm not crying anymore!"

Daisy3101 August 18, 2016

"Hello everybody, i gave this med good 15 weeks to do its job but it never delivered actually. Social anxiety went down quite noticeably, but only as a result of unnatural sedation or rather "robotisation". I almost missed being "pumped up" by social situations (quite absurd as it sounds), so empty was this "calmness" that vortioxetine was installing within me. Sleep was good, everynight dreaming, though no recollections. Definitely an increased apettie resulting in almost 10 pound weigth gain. Overall feeling of being tired, sleepy, lethargic and apathehtic. No interest in anything really. Erections and orgasms unaffected, but libido singnificantly reduced. Ocassional nausea, lasting few minutes. Wish you luck in your med search !"

apatientpatient (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2016

"If you really hate yourself, and wanna go through hell, this is the drug for you. I took one 5mg dose, and that was all it took to have a miserable two days. Nausea, diarrhea and gas, headaches, and an overall achey/sore feeling were present throughout. The worst thing though, was the fatigue. I've never slept that much in my life. I was awake for about 4 hours total the first day, and even then I didn't have the strength to stand up I know that my experience may not happen to everyone, but is it really worth the chance? There's bound to be other drugs out there that can help you, without all these side effects. This drug never should have been approved for use"

RevChurch August 13, 2016

"I do not recommend this mediacation at all. Totally overpriced rubbish. Made me feel nauseous straight after taking them to the extent I vomited."

Chlo1991 August 13, 2016

"I started on it and was increased over several weeks to 20mg a day. At first, it was OK but then the nausea started. It did not matter if I took it with food or before bedtime, it was always there. I started feeling slow and more depressed. Today i saw my provider and we decided to wean me off and try something else. I am doing a genetic test to see what meds I will respond to the best."

Nextup August 12, 2016

"I was given 60 days samples of brintellix 10mg from my cnp to replace ibuproprion (Wellbutrin) 150mg and gen lexapro 20mg -which was causing my bp to go up. I also take Ritalin up to 40 mg per day as need I am a 46yo female w gad and adhd. brintellix was an option to address the gad w/o affecting bp. I began brintellix on 7/16 and quit 7/30 bc I couldn't tolerate the following S.E's. •dizziness!! mental fog •diarrhea every morn • increased appetite (gained 10 lbs in the 15 days I was on this med) • incr in irritability- • floaters in my vision including seeing sparkly flashes of light -very weird! I stopped taking brin on 7/31. se symptoms have mostly gone but still feeling brain foggy"

labrat36492 August 1, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "I have been on many anti-depressant medication for years. The last prescription was mirtazapine. Weight gain was ridiculous. My new doctor has prescribed 5 milligrams for the first two weeks then increase to 10 milligrams. After the first week I feel amazing I've had no side effects. I want to get out of bed, get dressed. Open the window shade for sunshine. I have not felt this good in a very long time. Two thumbs up kudos to my new doctor for prescribing this amazing antidepressant"

Fluffy1963 August 1, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "On 20mg for about two months with no concrete signs of improving depression/anxiety. Dr. told me to just stop taking it as I hadn't been on it very long so didn't need to taper off. After not taking any dose for 3 days, I woke up in middle of night with excruciating stomach pain and vomited off and on for hours. Absolutely horrible. I also think there could be a negative interaction between this drug and Concerta. Just my own personal experience. I hope this drug works for you! If not, there's are hundreds others that will."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2016

"Compared with the traditional SSRIs I would say that this is a gentle drug You can feel the increase in serotonin nevertheless. I have CYP issues so am starting on 2.5. And it's ok so far. I think it reacts with the quetiapine to increase unwanted sedation. I have had no big s/e and I really feel Docs should start this low. None of us take meds for fun. With severe depression mixed with GAD I am cautiously optimistic. It's expensive so if you've bought some and are struggling I seriously advice lowering the dose and I hope you get the benefits in due course. Old Dodgy"

Old Dodgy (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2016

"Holy doodles, this is by far the most insane med I have ever been on. My anxiety has been getting hard to handle so my dr prescribed me This to see if it would help. I started it Monday morning and by today (thursday) I was so manic I thought I was losing my mind. It increased my anxiety tenfold, caused horrible insomnia, shakes...i basically thought Id flown the coup!!! Be aware of changes after you start taking this!!!"

EmmRae July 29, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "Only been on it for a week and a half so far. The first few days caused dizziness and a bout of nausea about an hour after taking it with food. I don't get nauseous taking it anymore. I still get dizzys every now and then but they're less intense now. I can already tell a difference in my mood. I'm excited to see my future progress"

RachelE2010 (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "I'm taking 10mg as prescribed. I didn't feel the need for it but the Dr. recommended it. I'm hoping my sex drive will increase and to be more patient when driving (not as irritable). I'm still in week one but I do have multiple side effects: nausea, head aches. I really hope they stop soon. I'm still optimistic about this med. Reading some reviews on here helped. If it doesn't get better, I'll just stop."

Charlie_14 (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2016

"Started at 5mg for a week and then went up to 10 after stopping Pristiq. First two weeks I experienced extreme nausea and diarrhea but it eventually subsided. I also was very lightheaded the first few days adjusting to the medication. Now the only side effect I have noticed is extreme fatigue. My mood has improved quite a bit just not any improvement in motivation."

Anonymous July 21, 2016

"This is the third med I've tried for anxiety and mild depression. Been on it for a week and I hate it so much. I am so dizzy, I have major diarrhea and feel worse than I started. Contacting my doc in the am and changing asap."

Staceykk (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2016

"The nausea hit hard, even when I took it with food. But the worst part was I became extremely paranoid. I did not hear voices but it cost me big time. I had written my brother a check. I became so paranoid that I stopped payment on it. It cost me and my brother cause he ended up being overdrawn. And as far as helping my thinking... it did the opposite. I was so nauseous and paranoid... definitely not clearer thinking. Back on Prozac and doing fine."

Blue2021 (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "Worst experience ever! Doctor says to push through nausea...yeah not happening! Vomitting violently 20-30mins after taking one 5mg pill!! Nausea, dizziness and many other symptoms worse throughout the week. On day 6 and giving up now. Never have I been so violently sick (vomit) in my whole life! I would NOT recommend to anyone! "

Alicat26 July 14, 2016

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "I had tried for about 18+ months to find a medicine that would help my depression. I bottomed out and was contemplating suicide. My doc prescribed me Trintellix. I noticed a difference the very first day. I was skeptical at first, but I got better and better as the days went on. I had a few occasions of nausea, and even vomited once, but that all went away after about a month. Trintellix saved my life, literally."

Finally relief (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 13, 2016

"Over the years I've taken A LOT of different antidepressants and Brintellix was the worst antidepressant I've ever taken. The side effects were unbearable. Constant gas, diarrhea, neasea, and throwing up. The relief was slight, the side effects were enormous and disrupted my entire life. I could barely go to work much less go out with friends and dating was out of the question. Started on Fetzima and my mental and physical state was back to normal."

Anonymous July 13, 2016

"I started getting nausea the first day on half of the smallest dose. 4 doses and I'm crying, have diarrhea, can't deal with anything. Cant get a hold of the nurse that prescribed it. Miserable. Crisis centers couldn't help. Its been hell. Don't try this unless you can get immediate help from your psychiatrist."

missingmatika July 11, 2016

"This medication has been a miracle worker for me. I tried 15, yes 15 different medications ranging from SSRIs, SNRIs, mood stabilizers, and tricyclics ... This is the only one that has worked for me. It basically "turns everything down" for me. I have horrendous anxiety that causes my depression, so the dampening is a huge relief. I had nausea and other digestive issues for about a week, but those subsided. I've been on this medication twice now: I stopped when I wished to become pregnant and restarted after my daughter was born."

PinotNoir87 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2016

"Started Trintellix right after I finished my 6 weeks of TMS (transcranial magnetic stimulation). Best med Ive been on for depression! Felt a little nausea at the beginning, but have been on 20 mg for over 2 years. Psychiatrist and therapist think the TMS, along with this med, had helped me immensely."

SoCalme (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 5, 2016

"I've been on this for 2 weeks and don't think I can ride out the side effects any longer. Bad nausea and headaches. I've been on many other anti-depressants and rarely get any side effects. I react well to most rx's but this is the first time I've had such negative side effects. The nausea lasts all day. I've been pregnant twice and been on chemo and this nausea is much worse!"

LG52 June 28, 2016