User Reviews for Vortioxetine

Also known as: Trintellix

Learn more about Vortioxetine.

Vortioxetine Rating Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 217 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Vortioxetine to treat Depression

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "This drug has been the best Anti-Depressant/Anti-Anxiety medication I have ever been on. I have been off and on different medications for the past 10 years. (Prozac, Wellbutrin, Cipralex) The first 2 weeks on this medication were rough with nausea and vomiting. My doctor encourage me to push through the first two weeks which I did. After 2 weeks the nausea went away and haven't had any side effects since. It's the first medication I have felt a notable different with. My anxiety is very low. No more tightening chest, vomiting, diarrhea, not being able to breath when in a situation that would previously make me anxious. Only butterflies in my stomach now. I have never felt better in my life. Very optimistic. Is this what normal feels like."

Elise K (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 29, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "I almost never experience major side effects from any medications, and I have been off and on many antidepressants over the past 14 years. I was taking zoloft for a couple months, which was helping with my depressive symptoms, but I though it might've been giving me sexual side effects, but I wasn't sure so my doctor suggested trying trintellix. He said it has a lower incidence of sexual side effects. Well, not only did trintellix give me horrible sexual dysfunction and even lower libido, every time I took this drug for two weeks, I literally felt like I was coming down with the FLU about 15 minutes later. Headaches, nausea, vomiting, heartburn, feverish. I really do think this stuff is poisonous, and needs to be pulled from the market."

PoisonoisDangerousDrug (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "I have been on this medication for roughly two years. Before I started Trintellix, I was on Zoloft and it caused me to gain almost 40 pounds in less than 4 months. Needless to say, I could no longer keep taking that. My doctor changed me to Trintellix, and it has worked very well. It is the only antidepressant that I have been prescribed that has not caused me to gain any weight. Also, it is fairly cheap if your insurance covers some and if your doctor gives you a coupon."

DCGrad (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 21, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been depressed for about 14 years. I was on Wellbutrin along with Cymbalta. I was doing welI, but sleeping a lot. My NP suggested Trintellix. She weaned me off of Cymbalta and started me on 5 mg of Trintellix for a week, then upped to 10 for 2 weeks, then started on 20mg. I immediately started having terrible mood swings, with anger and irritability. I have since gone back to 10 mg, however, I cry at the drop of a hat, I have no energy, I have muscle aches and I have a terrible neck ache. My anxiety level has been thru the roof and I have no appetite. I believe this medication has also given me diarrhea. This medication is horrible."

Ilovebooks March 19, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "Run away. This med have me hives and nausea , kept thinking it would go away. I can't take it anymore. Sort of helped with anxiety but not totally."

Nausea for a month (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been taking small dosage of 5mg, as my depression isn't so severe now, as it has been in past. Absolutely wonderful help! I have no side effects at all, not even feeling any nausea, which is a miracle in my books when dealing with depression medication. After a week or so I started feeling my mood lifting, I feel confident and just happy again. I feel like I'm a good person and I can concentrate on my college studies again. Best medicine for depression I have ever tried. Btw, I also have ADHD, so it might make some medicine work differently on me."

Brintelligent (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "One month on 5mg of Trintellix. I was on Zoloft for 3 years and was a zombie. It is like a veil has been lifted. I have energy like I did when I was in my 20s. I also can see I am clearly surrounded by critical condescending people. I never was able to give much thought to their behavior while on zoloft. I am experiencing a euphoric feeling that was absent prior to trintellix."

Middle Aged Dad March 15, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I took vortioxetine for six weeks and it was a horrendous experience. Nausea would set in within minutes after taking my daily dose. I vomited after taking the first dose at 10mg and after my first dose at 20mg. The nausea was so bad that it was actually making me feel worse. I did experience a few days of elevated mood at the end of my six week trial, but that's because I was excited to be done with it and stop taking it. Worst antidepressant I've tried. (On my 10th now)"

RefractoryLee (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"When I started taking it in December, I felt emotionally great but the side effects were horrendous. At first I felt great, but then I felt really nauseous and I couldn't eat anything but buckwheat. Thinking about food made me even more nauseous and I had really bad diarrhoea. For some reason after taking vortioxetine, I became lactose intolerant. I experienced heartburn while taking them. Although I felt emotionally more energetic, my body didn't like it at all."

Estonian (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "Using Trintellix for 2.5 months and I feel transformed. It breaks my heart to see how difficult these medications are for those on this blog. I've always been a half empty person. Go figure. I've done OK with my career and my relationships. But everyday felt like a battlefield, another day of struggle and woe. I went to my doctor and ask for a dopamine booster. Trintellix is what she prescribed. I had a sense a dopamine booster would help since I like drinking and alcohol stimulates the production of dopamine. As does weed. Now with Trintellix I don't need either of those, and my have passion and energy for living has returned, something that I thought was long gone (I'm 65). My only side effects have been a little dizziness, but temporary."

Just another face in the crowd (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2017

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "I've been taking Trintellix for about 3 weeks and have been miserable. I know a new medication takes about a month before being able to tell if it works. From day one, I have had a headache, crazy dreams, a constant banana taste and cotton mouth. The dreams are disjointed, overlapping and exhausting. The banana taste is like that artificial flavor like taffy or snack cakes. It is constant, even after eating pickles. I am constantly drinking something to try to get did of the cotton mouth. I have a traumatic brain injury so my brain is wired differently. I'm taking 450Mg Lamictal and 300Mg Wellbutrin and now Trintellix along with it. I have a feeling that I'm going to have to stop taking the 10Mg of Trintellix"

Mysticopiate February 27, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "It feels slightly more effective than Prozac. I was slightly nauseous for about 24 hours after my first dose. In my opinion, the only downside to Trintellix is the price."

jhh13 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My husband started taking this medication when he was depressed at work (and in the cold darkness of Finnish winter). After a few days, he suddenly became irritable, hyper-sensitive and seems to not recognise that he isn't the only person in the world and he is hurting other people. Now, two weeks later, he thinks he feels good and refuses to acknowledge that he has become a very different person, he thinks he has always been this way. Maybe he does feel good, but I am not the only person who has noticed and complained about these personality changes he refuses to acknowledge. The man I am living with is not my husband and has done nothing but yell at me for the past couple weeks. This medication ruined our marriage quite efficiently."

LisKit (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "Experiencing a little nausea. It seems since I started this medication 1 week ago I can no longer stomach coffee. My Dr. is weaning me off zoloft. Zoloft zapped my energy after 3 years. Dreams are vivid but sleep is good. I am experiencing nocturnal erections again and my libido has increased."

Middle Aged Dad (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "I have tried over 20 different medications, and Trintellix is the best fit for me. I always describe its effect for me as "being able to turn everything down in my head." I can see how this might not be a good fit for others as it might certainly aggravate "feeling nothing" or "feeling detached." However, as my issue is primarily that I feel TOO much and am unable to step back from my emotions and intrusive, racing thoughts, Trintellix's "detachment" is extremely helpful for me. I do get nausea for the first week upon taking Trinellix or upping my dosage; however, this subsides for me. I was on 10mg for 8 months and have now increased my dosage to 20mg in hopes of it being even more effective."

justagal (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 22, 2017

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I tapered off Paxil and started 5mg of trintellix. This has been the absolute worst week of my entire life. My panic and anxiety have not stopped a bit, I have been nonstop dizzy to the point where I can't even hold myself up, my eyes will just randomly cross for no reason. I spent the first few days crying on the toilet because the pain in my stomach was so unbearable. Day 5 I called my doctor and I was instructed to give it a little more time, so I did. I tried to live my normal life, but couldn't. I cry at the drop of a hat. I called my doctor in tears this morning because I woke up and could not walk, I was so dizzy. If you want to feel like you've smoked crack and meth for a week, try this crap. It's a horrible nightmare."

Tuhlily (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This caused night terrors (the weirdest dreams of my life), absolutely horrific panic upon waking up, constipation worse than an opiate, aggressiveness and anger, uncontrollable shaking, restless leg syndrome, headaches, nausea, terrible gas and bloating. It's basically a research chemical approved by the FDA. It was only 'discovered' in 2011. Yes, the first day I was on it I had a sudden uplift in mood, but other than that ..... this stuff is poison, I'm convinced of that. I've been on many different antidepressants in my life. I did not combine brintillex/trintillex with anything. I had not been on an antidepressant for months before starting it. Do not take vortioxetine. It is not safe."

BasicallyAResearchChemical (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Been on this drug for almost 4 weeks now and I'm thinking of coming off. I'm taking it for depression, generalized anxiety, and bulimia. The first week was great--it took away most of my appetite, including my binge urges. After about a week, they returned. I still experience some nausea and so I've been taking the drug before bed. My mood and anxiety aren't any better and I'm experiencing sexual side effects and feeling more drowsy. I think I may also be experiencing some emotional blunting."

Raspberrycoffee (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Terrible experience with this drug. I have been on it for 3 weeks and lost over 2 stone in weight from vomiting daily. I am so weak. It has not helped with my depression either. I have now stopped this medication and awaiting etc to treat my low mood. I wish I'd stayed on venlafaxine and never touched vortioxetine."

Mrs bailey (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had been on generic Lexapro 10mg for about 18 months and it treated my depression well, but I gained almost 40 pounds, was a bit sleepy, and was experiencing sexual side effects. I was scared to try something else but the weight gain was just too much, especially since it seemed to continue. My doctor gave me Trintellix 10mg samples which I've taken for a month and what a difference! I no longer feel sleepy all of the time and the difficulty in achieving orgasm is gone. As for the weight issue, i'll have to see if it helps. I feel much more "normal" than on Lexapro as far as energy and mental focus. The only downside is I do feel more anxious and have more nervous energy, so I don't know how well this drug would treat anxiety."

KC66 February 10, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Trintellix (vortioxetine): "December 2016 I started on 5mg of Trintellix. I'd reached a point in life, 65, where my life was more than I could ask for: good job, strong marriage, good friends, healthy, and yet I lived a dark cloud of fatigue and disconnection, lacking excitement and motivation. I was just maintaining. So I tried Trintellix. I'm now on 10mg. For me I've had little to no symptoms, and a rebirth of joy, motivation, and creativity. I've also added a weekly exercise routine at the local Planet Fitness. Between diet and exercise I find this modern medicine to be a miracle. Of course I realize my body will probably adjust to this feeling and I wont' be quite 'euphoric' forever, but I now know what feeling good feels like."

Modern Man (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2017

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Started taking this a week ago, the 5mg tablet. I was originally on Zoloft but it was making me depressed so my doctor offered me trintellix. It has been helping my PTSD A LOT. I am rarely anxious now except situations that would make a normal person anxious and I don't feel depressed. I wasn't depressed previously but the Zoloft caused me to become depressed and cry a lot. The nausea is pretty brutal however. It comes on very quickly and I will salivate a lot but so far have not vomited. I am still going to give it a try because it's one of the first medications to help my PTSD. I would rather deal with the nausea then be stricken with severe anxiety all the time."

Whitepine February 9, 2017

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was very depressed after negative situation happened in my life, not to mention I had no job and didn't get out of bed. I went to a psychiatrist whom then prescribed me Zoloft. After about a few months of him increasing my dose, I told him I stopped taking it because it did not work/help (I told him each time he increased the dose). Unfortunately he told me he couldn't help me anymore. Thankfully, I found a different doctor ( APRN). The first day we met she decided to give me a sample of Brintellix (10mg). I LOVED it and how it has changed my life! Everyone saw a huge difference too! I'm a completely different person, with no depression. Also my anxiety has dropped tremendously."

Lauren Alexandra (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 6, 2017

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've tried most of the meds out there, so me and my doc decided to try this although he said it didn't do well with anxiety. I'm happyIi tried this cause it really helped get rid of my anxiety and stress from work and anxiety I have in the afternoon. Have been on this 6 months now on 10mg. Really happy with it"

qqii February 4, 2017

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've tried most of the meds out there, so me and my doc decided to try this although he said it didn't do well with anxiety. I'm happy I tried this cause it really helped get rid of my anxiety and stress from work and anxiety I have in the afternoon. Have been on this 6 months now on 10mg. Really happy with it"

qqii (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 3, 2017