User Reviews for Trazodone (Page 4)

Also known as: Desyrel, Desyrel Dividose, Oleptro

Learn more about Trazodone.

Trazodone Rating Summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 112 medications used in the treatment of Insomnia.

Reviews for Trazodone to treat Insomnia

"I am very sensitive to drugs. So I was put on 25 megs of Trazadone. It worked for about a week then I got very sensitive to it and it knocked me out. My eyes and nose hurt and I was very tired. So I had to go off it. I ended up in a crisis center until things settled down. This drug did not do good for me."

Fancy Feather (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2015

"Over the course of my regular meds. I found Tranzadone to be less effective. 50 mg dose gave me strange and odd dreams. When my psychiatrist up the dosage to 150 mg. of Trazodone dreams got even Weirder and felt like my dream was more of a reality. Go Figure"

JAGUARELISE December 5, 2015

"Been taking trazodone for about 5 years, but in the past two years have had severe cough about 10-20 minutes after taking 50mg. It works for sleep, but the cough is definitely a bad side effect. Not worth taking."

EVIDI December 4, 2015

"I found out how to avoid the night mares that most sleeping pills cause. I take melatonin with 50 mg of trazadone and it allows me to sleep and wake up refreshed."

Anonymous December 4, 2015

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"this is the first time in 2 years I can actually sleep. I need to take it one hour before and the only time I wake up during the night only to go to the bathroom but once I lay back down I'm off to sleep. normally I would be up all night tossing and turning"

soliander (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2015

"I've been taking 100mg of Trazodone for four months now. At first it worked great in helping me sleep. Now I'm noticing that the side effects are worst than insomnia itself. I now have vertigo, migraines, fast pounding heartbeat, vision changes and no libido at all. It sucks"

Sleepyheaddd November 28, 2015

"I have C-PTSD and have had terrible insomnia since I was 12 years old (I'm now 28), and Trazodone has been a true life saver for me. It's hard to cope with the PTSD-related flashbacks and anxiety in general, but everything was a million times worse when I could not sleep. I've been taking trazodone for about 3 years now and I am still amazed at what it feels like to actually sleep through the night and wake up feeling well rested and clearheaded. I'd been on dozens of other drugs and this is the only one that helped me to sleep and it makes me feel able to cope with the rest of my problems. It has been a miracle drug for me."

Eden87 November 24, 2015

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I am on 150mg 2 times a day. It doesn't work for me. I can't sleep. Been taking it for almost a month."

Mitisie November 23, 2015

"I've been taking trazodone 50 mg, as prescribed by my doctor for both depression and minor insomnia, for about three weeks now. She said it would affect my dream state.. that it would make my dreams nicer. It definitely has effected them, in that they've been totally crazy and all over the place! Not necessarily bad but there is a lot of action happening in my subconscious, sometimes I wake up in a cold sweat because it can be pretty stressful. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this with trazodone? I take it about an hour before bed. Very groggy in the morning if I get up before 10, hoping I'll get used to it? I'm a 24 yr old healthy female."

P. A. Weimer (taken for less than 1 month) November 23, 2015

"Absolutely horrible. Took one at 2 o'clock in the morning from my mother to help me sleep. It knocked me out but I remember 15 minutes after I took it I started to feel very odd in my eyes would not relax. I woke up in the morning with extremely red bloodshot eyes and a extremely horrible painful headache and I felt weak and dizzy. I have been laying in bed all day and my headache is still not gone and it is 10:39 PM. I do not recommend this medication."

Lindseylouwhoo November 19, 2015

"Apart from a dry nose and a few nosebleeds, I feel great. Within ten minutes after taking it I'm out like a light, and stay out for at least 7 hours. I'd reccommend it to anyone, though of course, all meds work differently for different people."

Asbel (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2015

"I take Vyvance 60mg in the morning and Adderall 20mg in the afternoon to treat my ADD consistently throughout every day. It results in me having terrible insomnia (I sometimes took my adderall later than I was suppose too). I had insomnia for 4 years because of this. After taking Trazodone, I was able to sleep and balance my ADD life with some good sleep once again. I don't feel foggy in the morning, because of the Vyvance. It's nearly impossible to feel foggy on that stuff. But overall Trazodone is very good to remedy from ADD medication. I'm a healthy, fit male, 158 pounds, with no other health concerns. I would recommended this stuff. Not sure if I will become dependent over this stuff though, that's the last thing I want."

Adderall + Trazodone (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2015

"First week on it at 25mg, half a pill. My doc allows me to get double the size so I don't have to buy it as often. Success from night 1 I get drowsy in 10 minutes, and out most every night, for all night. My bed time varies from 9pm to midnight depending on what I'm doing. Wake up typically 6am ready to face the day. I am told this doesn't interfere with the brains alpha waves. Side effects: a little dry sinus and head warmth, not quite a head ache, very acceptable. Me 55 yr old male, blood type O , 185#, TBI after 2 years, vertigo, headaches and migraines are typical for me, fibromyalgia, depressed to dysthemia, memory problems. I have found run-walking an hour or two a day very helpful, yin yoga very helpful too."

Pk721 November 12, 2015

"I have an ongoing cervical nerve root and spinal cord pain from the disc material herniating inside my spinal cord column and twisting my spinal cord causing partial paralysis down both arms along with major pain in down both arms, hands to fingers, neck, jaw, shoulders to shoulder blades and down to mid back. This Trazodone is so effective that when it starts to work, it does so very fast that my body becomes alarmed as if I am dying which triggers my panic disorder and I fall asleep before having a full panic attack. As a result, I stay asleep for an hour or two as I fight the effects all night long. I can't afford to take something this strong since I have small children, toddlers and a baby in my house that I am responsible for."

Richard Lake Mary November 8, 2015

"I think this is a helpfully drug but it take me 2-3 hours before it works"

debbiesmith65 November 8, 2015

"I have been on it for a few months now on 150mg. It helps me sleep but it does not help you stay asleep. so if you are able to sleep throughout the night this is a good product... i like getting to sleep and waking up more than staying awake tossing and turning all night, so I give trazadone 7/10"

Barnzy November 6, 2015

"Took this for the first time last night at midnight. Almost 14 hrs later I STILL feel drugged and have had a horrible headache. Do NOT recommend, but if you want to try if, definitely do it when you don't have anything important to do the following day. My mom took this med and also got a bad headache but she said it "didn't work for her". It worked TOO much for me, at 100mg. Although I am never going to try a smaller dose as I will still get a headache and feel drowsy the following day-/ just maybe on a less terrible scale. Wish I never took it."

Meganeicjarss November 4, 2015

"its an excellent drug and should be taken after a meal---then it works very well;but one problem is that it develops tolerance quite quickly;and it takes a few days for its sedative effects to be effective"

babua (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 4, 2015

"Absolute Godsend, years and years been fighting with Insomnia and been on many things including Benzos.Was nervous about trying this after reading reviews, seems it either is great or horrible, no inbetween.Luckily for me it worked, feel abit groggy on a morning but no biggy and other than that no side effects.Do not be put off if this does not improve sleep in first few days, it never with me but after a week at most, wow what a difference.Currently take 100mg and hr to an hr and half before bed"

Gloopy2015 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2015

"I've been taking thus fir 2 months I cannot sleep have no appetite and are extremely aggravated confused and sick to stomach. It also makes my eyes blurred. Unhappy"

Krin (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2015

"I have been taking trazodone along with paxil for many years. Trazodone was prescribed to me to help me sleep and it works. I sleep very well."

LesK (taken for 10 years or more) October 26, 2015

"developed insomnia after severe broncitus. I take 50 mil at bedtime daily and get 6 or 7 hrs sleep, 1st month felt groggy few hours after sleep but that has faded. It works great for me, am 65 years old."

real fine October 23, 2015

"I was hit by a couple major life events that caused me lose sleep one night. Because of that and a few major events that had happened, I developed a fear of never being able to sleep again ( sleep anxiety). With a recommendation from my mother in-law, for Trazodone I headed to my DR. I am glad i did. I have ZERO side effects from it, while is doesnt exactly make me sleepy or any feeling for that matter, what it does do is combat the problem of why I can't sleep, which was anxiety and panic. Been on it for 3 nights so far and been getting 5-6 hours. Huge improvement from 2-3. And i feel it will be very easy for me to let this go when the time comes because I feel no addiction whatsoever. I just feel "normal" at bed time now. Great!"

Lynn2012 October 19, 2015

"Currently taking 300mg nocte and still can't sleep! Very jealous of reviewers taking 12mg etc and sleeping! Ho hum guess it can't work for everyone :-("

Aspielou (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 8, 2015

"I wanted to comment on this drug. My wife and I were prescribed it some time ago, at the 50 mg dosage. We didn't like it, it was too strong. Recently, we found that cutting the 50 mg tablet in 6 parts, so about 10 mg each, works very well. I believe many don't like it because 50 mg is too much, and they would perhaps like it if they took 10 mg."

palmtree77 October 5, 2015