User Reviews for Trazodone to treat Depression (Page 5)

Also known as: Desyrel, Desyrel Dividose

Trazodone Rating Summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 191 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Trazodone

Anonymous May 13, 2009

Desyrel (trazodone): “I have taken about 10 different antidepressants and always had to stop because of the severity of side effects. I have been on Trazodone for over 6 years and love it. It is the only medicine I have tried that doesn't give me horrible side effects. I had to keep upping the dosage in the beginning but soon found a dose that worked. The greatest benefit is that it helps me sleep. I have severe insomnia and my depression gets out of control after too many days of not sleeping and trazodone combined with Ambien is helpful. I have no other side effects from it. The difference in depressive symptoms is not dramatic but is helpful. I recommend it for people who have a rough time with side effects from other medicines and for those who can't fall asleep.”

Ziggy1972 March 21, 2009

“Trazodone has been a Godsend for me. I tried all the "new SSRI's", like prozac, zoloft, paxil and lexapro etc. and they all made my symptoms worse. My doctor finally decided to try a couple of older, first generation ant-depressants. Elavil was okay, but Trazodone, when I finally got to it, really kicked ALL my symptoms. I didn't have the side effects of the newer SSRI type medications. Trazodone, did not cause insomnia, but rather allowed me to get to sleep. The SSRI's all caused nervousness, agitation and insomnia. Trazodone had no adverse effects other than mild heartburn at the beginning.”

mi3kds1 September 5, 2008

Desyrel (trazodone): “I've taken trazadone for about 6 years after a brain injury caused severe depression and anxiety. I take 200mg (down from 300 mg) at night and it really helps me sleep. I've had no unpleasant side effects.”

Anonymous July 25, 2008

“It has worked so far for me and I would recommend it to anyone suffering with depression.”

sleepless in Seattle May 21, 2008

“I have had trouble sleeping since I was 18 years old. I was ignored by my doctor. 32 years later when I started going to a new doctor that would listen to me she put me on 50mg trazadone. My life is so much better. I can get to sleep and stay asleep. There are no more disruptive repetitive thoughts and waking up screaming. I have been on it 4 years now and have no intention of going off of it. I suspect maybe a slight weight gain, but I am not absolutely sure it is the medicine causing it.”

emz June 28, 2007

“I have been on trazadone for 4 months now and it started to work within 4 weeks of me taking it. I was prescribed it for depression and insomnia. Since i noticed its full effects, I am sleeping throughout the night and my moods seem a lot more stable. ”