User Reviews for Trazodone to treat Depression (Page 2)

Also known as: Desyrel, Desyrel Dividose

Trazodone Rating Summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 191 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Trazodone

robehou · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 8, 2018

“I am a Critical Care Nurse. I had a situational depression after beginning my career of taking care of AIDS patients and where 11 of my co workers died within a two year period. My room mate died and I was told to prepare to die. I didn't die but later I developed depression. Nothing worked except Trazadone. After a year taking it I was back to high functioning and went back to graduate school. For me, it was a life saver.”

saige666 · Taken for less than 1 month November 12, 2017

“I was prescribed 100mg of trazadone and it made me feel so sick and dizzy to the point I couldn't function. I couldn't stay on it for more than a week. It didn't help my depression at all.”

Depressionjkkjj November 10, 2017

“This is the worst! I had traumatic dreams and I already suffer from PTSD and major depression. It took me hours to fall asleep and I had horrible constipation too. I give this an F in my grade book. I’m now on both Seroquel and Zoloft, minus some minor side effects they get A’s.”

Sophie 14 · Taken for less than 1 month October 30, 2017

“Trazadone seems to be a good drug for Insommnia and depression..however I am now on 50mgs alternate nights as I have put on a stone with it . I had being on Mitrazepam 7.5mgs prior with 2 stone weight gain..Weight is now almost more depressing than how I was prior”

Katie_w38 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 24, 2017

“I was diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety just under 10 weeks ago. I didn't sleep for 11 nights which made my symptoms unbearable. My brain just wouldn't switch off & I was in a really dark place. I was put on 15mg of mirtazapine, it knocked me out at night but I felt worse, spaced out & suicidal & still did after 5 weeks. My gp swapped me to trazodone....I'm on 200mg & it does nothing to help me sleep. I have to take a 7.5mg zopliclone tablet as well each night just to get some rest. My mood has been a little better since taking trazodone but it's even worse when I can't sleep. My GP isn't happy so far with the results from trazodone, 5 weeks on, so may swap me to fluoxetine after giving it another 2 more weeks.”

LorieAnn1967 July 14, 2017

“Dry mouth”

MrsRoss · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 2, 2017

“I had been having horrible anxiety and couldn't sleep. I would sleep for an hour and my brain would race with a to-do list. Since I already was on medication for depression my Dr prescribed Trazodone. The first day was hell. Woke up several time during the night, head pounded the next day, and I was on a fog all day. I wanted to stop but tried it again after talking to my Dr. I slept better the second night but still woke up with a headache. I didn't have the fog the next day. By the third day I was fine. Sleeping like a normal person and able to function during the day. Found out I was getting the headache and the foggy feeling because I was not allowing myself enough time to sleep.”

Zilo · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 5, 2017

“With all due respect, don't listen to the naysayers. Its a great medication. No loading period, you can come off at anytime and it is only mildly addicting when taken in high doses for long periods. You will sleep, it will keep your anxiety and depression in check and it will allow you to be yourself again. People who tried it for a night and complain in reviews have not given it a chance. I don't understand, do they prefer to have their brain chemistry altered forever by paxil? lol Trazadone is a SARI and a minor one at that. I don't want to be a slave to paxil and the like forever, hence traz is a much better option.”

Pharm Tech 2017 April 30, 2017

“My husband and I went through a very rough patch after having kids and I suffered terrible post partum depression. He ended up leaving me for somebody else at the time and I was put on Trazodone because I was not able to shut my brain off at night and wasn't getting any sleep. I was prescribed a whole 100mg tab but only took a 1/4 tab before bed and it was enough to shut my mind off and take away those depressing thoughts. I haven't had to take it for almost a year now but it helped bring that old me back.”

Nezra · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 27, 2017

“I am a 50 year old struggling through the initial stages of menopause. The hot flashes and insomnia have been miserable and HRT is not an option. My GP recommended Trazodone and I am so grateful! The hot flashes seem to be cyclical with me so I can go months with no issues and then they come back, so I only use Trazodone at the height of sleep disruption. I usually can take 25mg and it works fine, other times I take 50mg. Takes about an hour for it to kick in and I sleep through the hot flashes, which are every 30 minutes. Love this medication and it is so inexpensive!”

Lexbc February 2, 2017

“I took this medicine for the first time last night and I will never take it again. My doctor told me to take a half of the 100mg before bed. It knocked me out for 14 hours, I woke up and felt in a daze, I was unsteady on my feet, I had THE WORST migraine of my life to the point where I couldn't get out of bed. I felt terribly nauseous. I ended up calling out of work.”

Hoosen · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 12, 2016

“It worked well on low dosage but after my Dr increased the dosage to 200mg at night I feel worse I have told my doctor that I have now lost complete appetite .. nausea ,throwing up and massive loss weight. She stopped the Drug and switched it with Wellbutrin same day with .05 rivitrol and another antidepressant.”

Gelly August 23, 2016

“I'm on celexa 40 mg and my doctor add trazodone 50 mg, and I feel the difference. I feel a lot better, and happier, sleeping the whole night”

Shesoulsweet August 11, 2016

“I took trazodone last night...this morning I woke with an excruciating headache & throwing up. I was extremely dizzy & couldn't focus. I will not be taking this again ever... It feels awful.”

Ocaladee · Taken for less than 1 month August 5, 2016

“I started out on a quarter of a 50 mg Trazadone tablet every other night at bedtime. I did this for a week then increased to a quarter tab every night. After two nights of one quarter tablets I started waking with a stuffy nose and a headache. Morning 3, I was in a full blown migraine and had to take zomig. I have attempted this exact process 4 times now with weeks in between (no trazadone) to make sure it is a side effect of the medicine. Now, I am sure Trazadone is causing the headaches and I never have taken more than 1/4.”

Curtina July 27, 2016

“I went to sleep but the next day I felt awful a headache and my nausea! Never again!”

Fed up! June 10, 2016

“I have taken 50mg of Trazodone on two non consecutive nights and have had very severe side effects. Both nights, I recall having an extremely high heart rate, a massive headache caused by sinus pressure, it caused extreme post Nasal drip, and I had trouble swallowing because of the dry mouth. By 430 am on the second night that I tried taking Trazodone I took an Atavan because I was panicking because I could not sleep. Afterwards I felt incredibly dizzy, because the two medications don't mix well together. Tonight I decided I would skip the medication and see if I could sleep without it. It is 1247 am and I'm still awake. I spent a night last week in a sleep disorder lap, but I was unable to sleep there either.”

NatterTatter June 1, 2016

“I take trazodone to help balance the effects Cymbalta had on my sleep and to help with my depression. My experience has been wonderful, helps me fall asleep and sleep restfully. Together with Cymbalta, Trazodone has completely eradicated my depression.”

Lilfunyan86 · Taken for less than 1 month March 4, 2016

“I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 2 months ago although I feel I've had it for 8 years .. For the past 8 years I've woken up miserably tired so tired that it's unbearable and has made my life very difficult.major brain fog..extremely sensitive...lots of anxiety.. This led to depression Although I knock out every night the doctor put me on trazodone to improve my quality of sleep. I started off at 25 mg was groggy for three days ALL day even with coffee so I decided to cut it and am now on 15 mg and today marks 14 days on it..I never wake up during the night..I wake up sleepy but ready to go! Unlike every other morning the past 8 years where I could barely function.. I'm less anxious I feel happier and am extremely thankful.”

GinoFred February 8, 2016

“I was given this drug as a prescription for sleep issues that I was having. At the time I had no known indications of depression or anxiety. It was simply to help with my sleep patterns since I travelled extensively. After taking the drug for a few months I simply stopped because I was on a more regular sleep cycle. Within a week, I was completely incapacidated, diagnosed with severe depression, anxiety and exhaustion. I also became terrified of daily activities and was incapable of even showering myself. I have never experienced such a dark space in my life. It wasn't until later that my symptoms were tied to this medicine withdrawal. I am furious about that and now taking another med to recover from this one, and then weened off.”

Anonymous February 1, 2016

“It was a negative experience for me at least. I felt sad, depressed , can't sleep, and aggressive toward myself and hate dislike who I am. I don't think my Dr listens to me or maybe it's my fault . I cry at work and so scared I'll loose my job, I'm so scared and anxious and depressed and the medicine makes me feel a lot worse.”

VOR January 29, 2016

“My pcm prescribed it for hot flashes, because I can't take anything with estrogen, so no HRT for me. I was having 10-12 hot flashes in a 24 hr period. Now I only have 2-3. I must take it at night, because it definitely helps with sleep. I still wake up slightly groggy. And If I have a hot flash it does wake me, but I'm able to go back to sleep. I started with 50mg. But now I take 25. I may try to take it every other night, because I don't like being on medication. But I am pleased with it. It is also an older drug, so any bad side effects should've been discovered by now.”

Deb96 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 15, 2015

“I was put onto Trazadone (started on 50mg then 100mg after 2 weeks) after having 3 months of citralopram which was not working for me. The trazadone has 100% helped my sleeping as I was only sleeping 1-2 hours per night. As for my depression it seems to helped so far, I'm still having episodes lasting 2 days to a week however these are a lot less frequent. Trazadone has helped my anxiety however I do still suffer from bouts of anxiety at least once a week (again better than before the trazadone). Personally I think that trazadone is great for treating sleeping problems, anxiety and depression and hopefully I will see even better results the longer I take it for.”

Sarahdschultz November 28, 2015

“My upper eyelids seem to swell from this. What is this from?”

micaela3723 September 4, 2015

“My Dr. prescribed trazadone for ptsd and depression. I haven't had a good nights sleep due to my mind racing and thinking of my past. I have noticed I've been able to sleep and wake up in a good mood and feel well rested , I've even enrolled in college and doing great in my classes.Looking forward to the future :) I don't have insurance but my provider is paying for my medication.”