User Reviews for Tazarotene topical

Acne 7.7
Summary of Tazarotene topical reviews 7.9 42 reviews

Reviews for Tazarotene topical

Geraldine · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 10, 2020

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Acne: “I have been using Retin-A for awhile (for about 4 years) it started working tremendously for awhile but then it had gotten so accustomed to my face that I didn’t get the long lasting effects that I wanted. It was not until I had a recent appointment with my dermatologist for a follow up and expressed my experiences with Retin-A thus far she had introduced me to Tazorac 1%, after using this for about a month I saw an unbelievable glow and had dismissed all my acne. I highly recommend Tazorac of you would like to see a drastic effect on your skin.”

JB · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 13, 2020

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Acne: “Great for acne but DO NOT OVERUSE. Apply before bed. Use As little as possible to spread all over affected areas. I used pea size as a rule of thumb but used slightly more as I also had acne and scarring from my cheeks to under my jaw line. Do wait for your skin to fully dry and moisturize after. Follow your dermatologist's instructions. be patient. I saw very tiny improvements in texture and smoothness every day from starting use but I didn't see anything significant until probably a month and a half in and by 3 to 4 months my skin looks way better. I used this with conjunction with Dapsone cream in the daytime. One tube lasts for months.”

jd3 · Taken for less than 1 month July 20, 2020

For Acne: “I am 22 years old and have struggled with acne since middle school. Most of it is hormonal acne on my chin and jaw line and occasionally on my cheeks too. I tried Epiduo for a long time and all it would do is dry my skin out so bad. I finally went back to my dermatologist and she switched me to tazarotene medication, I use it at night and after just three weeks my acne is completely gone and my skin tone is sooo even. It makes my face so smooth and I can tell it is preventing me from new pimples. It is a little drying at first but nothing like Epiduo was and if you just put a little extra moisturizer on you will be fine.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 23, 2020

Fabior (tazarotene) for Acne: “I used this medication for over 9 weeks, and all it did was make my acne worse. I went from having a few spots on my back to having it all over my back, chest, and my face (my face and chest did not have acne before). It was really disappointing, and I do not recommend.”

Sam · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 24, 2020

Fabior (tazarotene) for Acne: “Before taking this medication, I was taking Epiduo for about 3-4 years. With time, it stopped working on me and I was prescribed Fabior instead. I began taking Fabior for my acne in October of 2019. I broke out horribly but I was noticing that it was taking care of pimples that were deep underneath my skin. (I am a believer of it will get worse before it will get better). I was losing hope due to the slow process but I just decided to stay on since it does take longer results for other people. (and I was one of those people). It is now April 2020 and I am just now seeing my acne begin to clear up. It is obviously not where I want my face to be but my skin is looking better. I advise you to be patient and not expect automatic results as everyone's skin is different.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 2, 2020

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Acne: “I used Tazorac after my Accutane trial finished. I was still struggling with cystic acne and felt defeated but Tazorac worked great on my post-Accutane skin. I'm no movie star and my skin is not perfect (I still sometimes get small zits) but it is so much better. It's no miracle drug but it has helped me get my confidence back and now I'm feeling the best I have in years!”

Chrissy V · Taken for less than 1 month March 2, 2020

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Acne: “I was at my wits end after spending unnecessary monies on OTC/ prescribed treatments for acne only to be disappointed in the long run. I was losing hope was forced to accept the fact that my horrible acne would remain as it was. Eventually my doctor prescribed Tazorac; I am quite pleased. Cystic acne is minimal. Spots from former pimples are diminishing. For once, I am pleased with my overall skin condition. My face has cleared up drastically, my skin hasn't look so good in nearly 2 years. Overall satisfied Customer:-))”

Mom bod · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 4, 2020

Tazorac (tazarotene): “I’ve been using Tazorac for Keratosis pilaris for years, commonly known as “chicken skin,” is the most common cause of bumps on your arms. This condition is characterized by small red or brown bumps that develop on the backs of your upper arms. It’s the only thing that worked, it’s strong so I used it for maybe a few days and the skin got raw but after that it was clear. I use it once a year now as needed and exfoliate with a salt scrub 3 times a week.”

Mlf · Taken for less than 1 month January 18, 2020

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Acne: “I love this stuff. Only been using for a few weeks and already getting good results. Acne mark are fading, pimples shrinking. It definitely does dry my face out but if you exfoliate and moisturize you'll be fine”

Tee December 2, 2019

Fabior (tazarotene) for Acne: “I have used this product for over a month now , and I have used a lot of acne products, but this is by far the best I have ever used. My face has never looked this good before. I am very please with this product and would recommend that you a tleast try it you won't be disappointed.”

Kris · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 20, 2019

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Acne: “I am really impressed I just start using Tazorac 0.05 but definitely can see an improvement it does purge your skin and it is drying at first but the pimples go away fast and my skin texture looks more even and firm hopefully in 3 months I will be acne free I was on epiduo but it stop working and my skin really was oily”

Meme6619 · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 17, 2019

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Acne: “Love love love Tazorac. Been using this for almost 2 years and I went from having horrendous cystic acne to having none! After trying so many oral medications, they did nothing but fix my skin in the short term(acne came back right after oral medications stopped) and caused long term digestive issues. Tazorac is the only thing that keeps my skin clear and has minimal side effects! The only side effect I've experienced is dry skin but just put extra moisturizer on and you’ll be fine!”

Megz · Taken for less than 1 month August 9, 2019

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Plaque Psoriasis: “Hello there, I just started using tazorac for my plaque psoriasis and for mild acne on face. I have heard about people loosing hair bc of it. I am concerned because I have many areas on my body I'll be using it on for psoriasis. Anyone experiencing balding? Has this worked well for you? Thank you! ”

Leesh · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 26, 2019

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Acne: “This did not work for me. I used it religiously for 8 weeks and it only made my acne worse. I woke up every morning with New white heads, it gave me larger more painful pimples than I had before starting this cream.”

SensitiveSally · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 24, 2019

Fabior (tazarotene) for Acne: “I have not found an acne product that works and keeps me clear, until Fabior. I used Retin A micro for years and was constantly breaking out then peeling, breaking out then peeling. And it burned when I applied it. I have been using Fabior for the past year and finally found something that works. I got dry after using it for two weeks but not crazy peeling. It only lasted a weekend and wasn’t noticeable to anyone but me. I only use Fabior Monday Wed Friday and I use cerave moisturizer with it which I think helps. If I am breaking out (which is rare now) I may use two days in row but don’t need to often. It’s been life changing for my skin and has helped even out my skin and the leftover color that lingers from breakouts . I refilled for the first time a few months ago, so it lasted me a couple months but maybe because I only use a few times a week. ONLY USE A SMALL AMOUNT~seriously! Don’t irritate your skin with too much and plus it last longer that way!!”

Brittany · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 7, 2019

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Acne: “Tazorac completely changed my life when it came to my acne issues. I didn't get acne until my early 20's and by the time I went to the dermatologist, it was completely out of control. I felt so hopeless like nothing could be done to combat my skin issues. I was started on Benzaclin and Tazorac and the combination completely improved my skin. Best of all the Tazorac helps prevent scars and dark marks. Now I just turned 30 and the Tazorac is even helping with fine lines. Thank you TAZORAC <3.”

Mj · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 6, 2019

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Acne: “Love this stuff Tazorac, I tried it a year ago and it dried out my skin so I quit taking it. I went to a different dermatologist who has me try it again but this time tells me to USE LOTION with the Tazorac and this time it’s working well and my acne is gone and my skin is even.”

Renee February 19, 2019

For Acne: “I have struggled with acne including Cystic acne since puberty. I am now 50, I still have moderate acne. Deeply embedded around my mouth/chin, blackheads, scars from the cystic acne and always have several pimples. I have used EVERYTHING over the years, prescription and otc treatments. I have spent thousands of dollars for treatments. NOTHING worked until Now! I have been using Fabior for 2 weeks, but already see a difference. No more blackheads at all. My scars and fine lines are faded. I still get pimples, but that's part of the process, pulling them out. They dry up quickly though, into 1 to 2 days. I started out using it every night. It burned, peeling and itching was out of control. I changed my face wash, gentle is the way to go. I also use a moisturizing lotion and have changed to every other day. The peeling and itching are less and my skin less red. Remember to use sunscreen every day and a hat when possible to protect yourself, you are very sensitive to the sun.”

Sammybanana23 · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 15, 2019

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Acne: “The absolute best thing I have ever done for my skin. I started tazorac about a year ago and my skin has never looked better ever. I’m mid 20s women who never had acne until about 23. I started using this and it completely cleared my moderate/ mild acne. Not only is my acne gone, my skin tone is even. I’ve always had trouble with my skin tone being off, but this literally made my face all one tone and look porcelain clear. Also a huge plus is that this medication is usually prescribed for people with wrinkles to help diminish them and prevent them. Definitely would recommend using at a young age to prevent wrinkles, even skin tone, open pores and clear acne.”

healed123 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 11, 2019

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Acne: “HOLY COW! OK I’ve tried everything and my doctor randomly prescribed this nightly and I honestly didn’t think it would work. For some reason this did the trick and every since I started nightly it’s been getting progressively better and my skin is clearer than it’s ever been in my life. I love it, I got some dryness but less is more with the gel. I didn’t have any “purging” either. If you’re using this keep at it!! You will see results”

Joo December 11, 2018

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Acne: “Tazorac made my acne worse. Once I stopped using it my acne got better. It was in use with another topical cream. It’s very expensive.”

George · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 28, 2018

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Acne: “This might work for some people, but I did not have a good experience with this topical. I was told to mix a pea-sized amount with a heavy moisturizer and spread it all over my skin. Initially, this was ok, but then my body broke out into a small bumpy irritated-looking rash almost a week in. I immediately went to the doctor who told me that I had a mild case of eczema due to how aggressive this cream is and how sensitive my skin is. She recommended discontinuing it until my skin improved and then only using this once a week until my skin "acclimated." Well, kids, the rash went away, but my skin never adjusted to even weekly use. This would make my skin dry, red, stretched and irritated. Consequently, my acne did not improve at all. In fact, I think it may have exacerbated the problem.”

Blessed · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 18, 2018

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Acne: “Using this product was the best thing I could have ever done for my skin when my doctor prescribe this for me. I didn't have any side effects as long as I used it as the doctor prescribed the only thing was that when I went to get my prescriptions refilled it cost almost $400 and I could not afford it. If I could afford this cream I would use it forever my skin was so beautiful and smooth the color was awesome. The only reason I stopped using this product is because I couldn't afford it any longer. I went back to the doctor and she had to give me a lower version of this cream this time it's not worth my time but to anybody needing to use this product please use it ,it's a good product. Take my advice!!!! You only need to use a small amount at night and it worked great. The cream lasted for at least 6 months”

Hope · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 14, 2018

Fabior (tazarotene) for Acne: “I used Fabior foam after years of using Tazorac Cream for cystic acne & scarring. I noticed after using this product for 3 months that my scars looks worse. The scars look deeper and my skin is constantly dry. The foam was just as effective as the cream with controlling my cystic acne I’m going back to using the cream. Just wanted to share my experience in case someone else may be experiencing the same thing. I won’t refill the prescription and wish I’d never switched from the Tazorac cream.”

Nikki June 11, 2018

Tazorac (tazarotene) for Acne: “HAVE BEEN ON FOR 9 WEEKS!!!!! So amazed by my results I am shocked and I hardly breakout now. Before I used to get bad breakouts and now I just get a few tiny ones and this is helping with my scarring also. 10/10 would recommend this product to anyone with acne.”