User Reviews for VESIcare

Learn more about VESIcare.

VESIcare Rating Summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 86 medications used in the treatment of Urinary Incontinence.

Reviews for VESIcare to treat Urinary Incontinence

"I took Vesicare for several months. It seemed to help some, but my vision was getting blurry, which got worse each month. Scary! I finally stopped it. My vision cleared up. Over the years I've tried: Detrol LA (rubbish), Ditropan XL (not effective), Vesicare (blurry vision), Enablex (worked for a while but still not enough control), and now I am on Toviaz 8mg. So far Toviaz is the most effective of those. It really cuts down on frequency. I only get up once in the night and can go 3-4 hrs without urinating (daytime). The incontinence is much better. My problem is my brain sees the toilet and doesn't want hold off until I can get my belt and jeans down, and my ass on the throne. My insurance won't cover it now so will switch again."

queticogirl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started out with 5 mg and it helped 90%. After three months I asked for 10 mg's and I've been taking it for about 2 months but I don't think its helping as much as the 5mg was. Odd. I plan on asking to go back down to the 5 mg. My side affects are stuffed up nose and dry mouth. The side effects were not bothersome until about 2 weeks ago. Stuffy nose is driving me nuts. I have a humidifier running, air purifier running and took some sinus congestion medicine....not working. Weather is getting colder here and just starting to use the heat...I think that is what did my nose in with the combination of vesicare. Don't get me wrong...this medication is awesome. It's such a relief. The only time I leak now is when I cough."

WeatherednBoston (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Started 3 nights ago, 5 mg. I take in the evening after dinner. On the first morning I was constipated but no side effects since. I notice a huge difference. My pads are staying dry. I smoke and when I cough is the only time I leak now. My insurance covers it and my co-pay is only $3.65. I can't wait to see if this works long term. I'm lucky to have no side affects as I seem to be allergic to everything. My metabolism seems to be slower than most people so I think the 5 mg's is enough for me. I worry about weight gain because I'm already considered obese. Before I started taking it I would leak for no reason at all. I would have to use 4 or 5 pads a day. Nights were horrible would wake up soaked. Not any more."

Weathered 1 August 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking 5mg 2 months ago and by the 2nd night I had my first dry night in months and even on the first night it was significantly better. It has completely changed my life. Unfortunately in this last week I have had 2 episodes of incontinence and have become concerned that I might need to increase the dose. Initially I had dry eyes, blurred vision, headache with some nausea but this settled. I am left with blurred vision sometimes. I willingly put up with the side effects as the alternative is untenable."

drynightsareworthit (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am a taxi driver and I had a difficult to driving as I always needed a toilet urgently. After taking this medication within two days big changes in my life. I become a normal person and I can hold urine as long as I want. So far no side effects. Dosage was a 5 mg"

Soloman13 November 18, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am stopping this medication because of the side effects. I am too weak to walk farther than about 20 feet without stopping--bent over and holding on to something. I cannot function this way. I The pain in my upper abdomen is awful. Also, I experienced nausea, dizziness, blurred vision, tightness around the chest and severe fatigue. I loved not having to get up at night, but the near diarrhea caused other problems. I sleep almost 10 hours per night and take frequent naps. I have been told I am pale and walk like a drunken sailor. I am stopping this medication because of the side effects."

wet in indiana (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took Vesicare for interstitial cystitis and it was life changing! I'd go to the bathroom about every 7 to 10 minutes for a period of about 5 hours during the day and 3 to 4 times at night and pretty much incontinent. I was miserable. Only side effects I had was dry mouth and constipation. But me only going to the bathroom every few hours, less pain, and not waking up at night was worth it to me. I Lost my insurance that paid for it and had to be off of it for a year and just now got assistance for it through my dr office pharmacy and I couldn't be more happy to get back on it and start feeling better!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 31, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started using Versicare about 7 months ago and it worked fantastic. Side effects is going to make me stop it today, dry mouth, raspy voice, blurred vision, sore throat, constipation and leg cramps (we use to call them charlie horses) I am 81 years old and can't stand the pain in my leg all day and night is worse. But for the incontinence it was a blessing not to have to run to the bathroom every few hours and not make it home from shopping without being wet. I have tried Detrol but get terrific headaches from that. Will see my Dr. and hopefully we can work something out. I am on the 5 mg."

fredag March 24, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Wow! My urinary incontinence started several years ago and I've been wearing pads. I decided it was time to let my doctor order me a pill. He gave me samples of Vesicare and I have taken them for one month. They really worked for me. Now when I get the urge, I head for the bathroom immediately but I have not wet my pants. I have not had the side effects that some of you have had. I have had a "raspy" voice a few times but chalked it up to postnasal drip which I've always had but even that has cleared up some so maybe that's the "dry mouth" part of it but it's certainly is not a problem..I still have lots of saliva. It's expensive even with my insurance covering 80% but after reading other medicine reviews, I guess I'll stay with it."

Nohoch October 17, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been using Vesicare for approximately one month. It really does work; however, the side effects are too bothersome for me to continue using. My mouth is constantly dry, and I have a seriously terrible sore throat and hoarse voice. I could deal with the dry mouth, but not the sore throat."

beehubb March 15, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Prescribed for urinary incontinence, notably stress incontinence. I started with 5mg (eventually began10 mg.) of Vesicare and it worked overnight. When I am running low on tablets and payday is off in the future, I have good success with taking 10mg. every other night. Side effects: 1. Very dry mouth, but good excuse to drink more water; keep TicTacs handy; over time it has greatly diminished. 2. Drowsiness: I started taking it at night. 3) Constipation: drank more water and took a daily stool softener until my body readjusted."

Kate1247 February 24, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"At the age of 59 and after 2 bladder surgeries, I was beside myself with my leakage problems. I have been taking Vesicare for 5 weeks now and am a totally new person. I no longer run into the house making a beeline to the bathroom. I can control my urge until I get the the bathroom. No massive leaks or unable to stop. Vesicare started working after 2 days. As far as I can tell, I have no noticeable side effects."

loualla (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 20, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I tried the medication first with the other medications given to me by my doctor. Then I tried it while off the other medicines. Both times I got totally debilitating headaches. They affected both the head and the stomach. I have given it all the chances I am willing to give. "

califgirl510 (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am a young and very ctive woman - I've had numerous bladder and kidney infections which have weekened my urethra - I started off with the patches but I ended up getting a severe reaction to the sticky stuff, so I've now been taking 5mg tab for a year and the difference is amazing, I am back to my full fitness without weeing myself. The only side effect I get is a really dry mouth, but that's better than nothing."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 5, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took Vesicare l hr before dinner. About 1am, woke up with severe abdominal pain. Thought I would have to go to the Emergency room. Then I started with diarrhea and the pain subsided. "

twenty2 (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I take Vesicare for bladder spasms/irritable bladder. Vesicare has helped with the spasms, but I have blurred vision, and fatigue. I am going to continue to take Vesicare at this time, but I am thinking I am going to have to do something different soon."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was wearing continence pads and feeling so self conscious and miserable. My incontinence is down to nerve failure from neuropathy. I am 43 and felt like my life was over. After 1 tablet my life changed. I have been on it for 6 months now and never have to wear a pad. Yes I have horrible dry mouth but I consider that a small price to pay to have my freedom back."

geekygirl April 23, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have used Vesicare 5mg for 14 days and it worked well this first week. Now I'm back to wearing pads and I'm experiencing cloudy urine with a hint of blood, blurred vision and a 5 lb weight gain. I've stopped this medicine, obviously it's not right for me. Hoping to try something else."

Anonymous March 4, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This worked great but I now have very blurry vision and will stop taking this."

Anonymous November 1, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I tried Detrol LA for quiet some time, but still had "accidents". I switched to VESIcare and have not had any accidents. I have been taking it for over a year now and I am very pleased with the results."

Anonymous August 15, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Seemed to help the first month but after that it didn't and it gave me the dry eyes."

Anonymous March 9, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"From the first day I started VesiCare, my urges stopped. I'm now able to get to the bathroom without accidents."

Dahlia308 February 26, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had three surgeries for stress and urgency incontinence and I kept a diary as to how many times I had to go to the bathroom per 24 hour period as my Mayo Doctor requested. 14 plus times per day ! I started on Detrol and had depression symptoms so I was switched to Vesicare. 100% better ! I would recommend this to anyone. I feel like I have my life back."

young Grandma May 19, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Nice to know there is help out there for an embarrassing problem."

willp July 1, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have suffered from urinary urge incontinence for a number of years. It has gotten worse over time until now, I have had no control at all. My doctor prescribed Vesicare and I have been taking it for two days so far. I can't believe the difference. I am now able to control the urge and even postpone the length of time between toilet visits. It will be so nice to be able to leave home and not worry that I'd better pass a toilet every half hour while I am gone."

Anonymous June 10, 2009