User Reviews for VESIcare

Learn more about VESIcare.

VESIcare Rating Summary

5.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 34 medications used in the treatment of Overactive Bladder.

Reviews for VESIcare to treat Overactive Bladder

"I have an overactive bladder. My urologist prescribed Vesicare in 5 mg and 10. I thought it was working fine until I had severe pains in my chest. I went to the ER today and they could not find any cardiac issues so they are keeping me overnight for observation. Not sure if it is the drug or something else. Don't think I will be using it in the future."

SusanTONeill (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2016

"I took this meds within 3 days I had extreme headache, left arm was numb, woke up to my body feeling hot. I started feeling spasm in my lower left bottom and leg. Pain in my left leg and flu like symptoms."

Edwards78 November 7, 2016

"After 5 days taking vesicare I feel like I have the flu. My throat is sore, my mouth is dry, vision is blurry and my stomach is upset. I was prescribed 10's. I am stopping them today. I also am having trouble emptying my bladder. I won't take this again."

2707 November 6, 2016

"Have taken 5 Vesicare and I can only say I have become housebound. The side effectts have been horendous. Visual disturbances, dizzy, blinding head pains, totally confused. I live alone and need to go to the shops but can't drive in this state. CN anyone tell me now long these side effects will last. Was going to try to give it a week but dont know if I can last that long .Help."

Springs October 25, 2016

"I've tried a few different medications for oab......nothing really helped until I tried vesicare.....it's been a godsend for me what a difference to my everday life my life doesn't evolve around the loo anymore have switched to decaffeinated coffee also which doctor advised me"

km72 October 4, 2016

"I was pleased with the results (Doctor samples) but, when I got a prescription, I was flabbergasted by the price. Average cost for 5mg is over $300.00. None of my current 3 month supplies are anywhere near this price. I would have to increase my Medicare plan to a 4 tier plan which would cost an additional $99.00 per month......no savings there. No thanks.......I cannot fathom why the pharmacuetical companies charge so much or how they get away with it."

The Piddler September 11, 2016

"This medication changed my life! I started taking it at age 72. Before then, I thought I was going to have to be housebound, never traveling, never shopping, etc. I started taking the smaller dose and it is working just fine. My only side effect is dry mouth at night but discovered that if I wake up with it, I suck on an ACT lozenge, which immediately alleviates the problem. I did discover through reading the info on this page that it is probably the cause of mild indigestion I've had, probably starting about the time I started taking Vesicare, but I take a Zantac a day and am fine. Oh, the medication started working almost immediately. I would hate to be without my Vesicare, even though it is quite expensive. But it's worth every penny."

akovash (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 9, 2016

"It was helping with the frequency l still have bad days. Started it in March 16.I also have a problem with constipation. I don't eat or drink enough have lost 2 and a half stone. As I live in the UK I don't have to pay full price just a prescription charge. I find I have become obsessed and anxious about it not continuing to give me some relief. I will be going back to the doctors for more help with distressing condition."

Giztass September 7, 2016

"Found myself getting up 4-8 times a day and needing the toilet alot during the day. First prescribed 5mg and it done absolutely nothing so the doctor uped them to 10mg and still nothing except constipation. So ive stopped them and will just have to deal with it."

Zoehay321 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2016

"I initially thought this medication might work. I woke up only 2-3 times each night for the first week and during the day felt I had a bit more control over my bladder. I now think that was merely wishful thinking. Last night (day 5 on the medication), I was up FIVE times. In addition, I have experienced weight gain of 3 pounds and in spite of REALLY wanting it to work, I am still having urge incontinance. This medication is garbage and the manufacturers are laughing all the way to bank. Over $1000.00 for a 3 month supply ($90.00 after insurance)and I am willing to toss it in the trash. That's what I think about Vesicare."

HBDGR July 23, 2016

"Amazing results bladder wise. No more rushing to the toilet for fear of wetting. Dry throat for the first two months but better now. Worst problem is uncontrollable weight gain. This is frustrating as I have a heathy diet. My doctor doesn't seem to offer any help."

Shellyann July 15, 2016

"I'm 21 and recently started taking VESIcare, at first it was 10mg but i literally could not poop i would go 2-3 days without pooping and had severe heartburn. My doctor lowered it to 5mg and it helps a bit with the urinating but i do notice in situations where i'm stressed it doesn't seem to work as well but when i'm relaxed its perfectly fine. Also, with the 5mg i'm still having constipation and only poop about every other day and i'm still having bad heartburn every few weeks or so. I'm not sure if i want to stick with this medication or not because i should not be having this bad of heartburn at 21."

flowerchildbri (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2016

"Took this medication for two weeks. Did nothing in reducing OAB. Had horrible reaction of severe DROWSINESS! Was so bad I almost went to sleep in traffic a couple of times before I realized what was causing me to feel that way. Lost all my energy and gumption to get anything done. Just wanted to sleep. Then week two I got to where when I went to the restroom, I would just sit there. I could not start a flow without thinking about it for what seemed like five minutes. I stopped taking and called my doctor. Calling in another medication to try. I pray it works without all the side effects!"

BarbwireNLace (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2016

"I started on a low dose 5mg of Vesicare for OAB. Worked by third dose. Its working really well for me, no more accidents, no side effects. I take mine with dinner as the evening was when I was up and down to the toilet, which was difficult as I have Rheumatoid arthritits and by the evening I don't want to be getting up and down and can not do so quickly. Also my Goldie dog tends to somehow always be laying in the wrong place when I'm in a hurry LOL. I notice it can make you drowsy and I have been sleeping really well and thats not because of not having to get up at night when in bed as that wasn't much of a problem anyway."

she c March 31, 2016

"Rubbish! It did absolutely nothing..."

Mikael23 March 19, 2016

"I am a 38 year old female diagnosed with MSK, Overactive Bladder and Stomach Ulcers. I've been prescribed Vesicare and have been taking it for a few weeks. I have noticed that I'm not getting up as much at night but I still sometimes have to run to the restroom during the day. My concerns after taking this med is I'm not feeling like myself. And after reading the side effects I have noticed that I'm experiencing everything listed literally. I'm also afraid it may be interacting with my other meds. This medication is expensive also, don't think I should continue to use it especially since I'll have to take it for the remainder of my life. Continuing on my search for relief."

NUP February 17, 2016

"I had a urinary tract infection and the doctor ordered it to help me urinate less until the antibiotics kicked in. It probably did help for that but generally I haven't seen a big difference. I would say that I am about the same as I usually am. The first time I took it was in the evening and I was extremely tired and wanted to sleep around 8pm )I usually only go to bed/sleep around midnight. Yesterday I was completely zonked. I slept for most of the day. Last night I was looking online on my phone and was searching can a UTI make you tired and came across this site. I realized that my vision is blurry (I thought it was just being over tired) and that it can cause "fatique". I hadn't put these down to side effects. I am stopping immediately"

Teresa Leslie February 10, 2016

"My experience with this drug wasn't pleasant. I got completely blocked after 5 days of taking the pills and was unable to do both number 1 and 2. Even my period was late, which does not normally happen. I ended up in an emergency room with severe stomach pains. The other side effects such as lack of concentration, tiredness and headache were easy to deal with, it is just a matter of getting used to them. I would have stayed on those pills because I felt less need to urine than I used to, which finally has given me a relief, however I had no other choice then stop taking them, and take pills to help me move the urine and bowel motion out of my body."

Anonymous February 5, 2016

"I am a 33 year old female with overactive bladder. Vesicare is the only medication that has literally fixed the problem. I didn't realize how bad my bladder problem was until I started taking it and realizing that I didn't have to get up 3-5 times at night and I didn't have that constant pinching in my bladder anymore. Now the problem is I can't afford Vesicare. I tried using that momentum program they have and that helped bring the price down, but my insurance company changed and now they want me to pay $210 a month. I just can't afford it."

Michelle DS February 1, 2016

"I have PPMS/Multiple Sclerosis and have been on .5mg for 2 years, has helped considerably, yes some dry mouth but drink more water. I'm a 54 year old male, and with MS I cannot honestly tell you that I have less or more joint pain as this is what MS is all about, but wetting my pants was no fun! I really can't complain much about side affect's but would like to try to try every other day. Oh, and I still can get an erection! Just need a wife to help on that one!"

Braves#1 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 6, 2015

"I've taken Vesicare for 3 weeks now and my overactive bladder has improved significantly. Before I was back and forth to the bathroom all day at work and nights were the worst. 5 to 6 times throughout the night had my life completly messed up. So far I think I've only experienced dry mouth and I'm hoping that's all I experience because this medicine has changed my life."

Brooklyn Casey October 20, 2015

"Been having cold like symptoms. Running nose, sneezing, stomach pain, constipation, heart beating too fast. I've been taken only 4 days but stopped today. Side effects are too much and they're making me miserable."

LaTrese (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2015

"This is my third time on vesicare. After seeing several doctors with symptoms of UTIs and having pathology determine there was no infection I was diagnosed with urethral syndrome. I usually take 5mg per day and the condition clears up within a week and I can stop the medication. No more tenderness, spasms or urgency. Some dry mouth, but that's easily solved."

DGMcLaren October 14, 2015

"I started Vesicare 3 weeks ago. I did help me a little for my overactive bladder but my eyesight is getting very blurry. Also my myopia is worsening. I can read a book without my reading glasses now, so my myopia is worsened by -1. I am going to stop taking it and hope for my eyesight to return to normal."

Ger57 (taken for less than 1 month) October 13, 2015

"This medication initially was very helpful in helping me get my urinary problems under control. During the first month of treatment, it caused extreme dry mouth and dry eyes. By week six,it caused heartburn and upset stomach. At first, I did not make the connection between the drug and my symptoms, but after thinking about it, the possibility of Vesicare being the culprit became very real to me.. I used this website to confirm my suspicions. I have decided to inform my doctor and curtail daily usage, less things get worse."

Geeta 7 September 15, 2015