User Reviews for Januvia

Diabetes, Type 2 5.0

Reviews for Januvia

Steel June 8, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Januvia dramatically reduced A1C. No side effects. Lost 25lbs.”

Tammy · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 6, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Started taking Januvia with Metformin and BS (blood sugars) normalized. Unfortunately I started having severe joint pain in my shoulders, hands, hips, and back as well as pain in my arm and leg muscles. I’m going to contact my doctor and stop the Januvia. The pain is excruciating!!’”

Abby · Taken for less than 1 month March 13, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Broke me out in the worst case of HIVES I EVER HAD”

Jane · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 1, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “A1C was 8.2 in December. Was prescribed 100mg daily of Januvia in addition to metformin which I have been on for a few years. By February my A1C was 11.1 and I ended up in the hospital with chest pain and excruciating leg pain. Was taken off Januvia immediately and started feeling better within a couple of days. Still on metformin and now taking insulin. My glucose numbers are back in the normal range and I'm feeling 100% better. I will never take Januvia again!! It's horrible and I will never recommend it to anyone.”

Mary · Taken for less than 1 month February 6, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I advise no one take this Junuvia for their diabetes its a bad drug causes and bad side effects”

JIM · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 27, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I've been taking Januvia for 6 months along with Metformin and Jardiance and my A1C went from 9.6 to 8.2 so the combination is working some. The only side effect I'm having is itching and it is bothersome. I will see if there is something new I can take other than Januvia because of this daily itching. Other than that no side effects .....So far....”

Stay of This NOW · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 13, 2020

For Diabetes, Type 2: “My mother died from this medication Januvia, the hospital had no reason they said her brain swelled as if someone bludgened her but no bruising. My boyfriend was on this about a year before I met him. Multiple hospitalizations and the Doctors were trying to figure out how to safely get off? If anyone has safely gotten off PLEASE share your experiences. Anyone with a HEADACHE get OFF NOW. Anyone with pancreas pain get OFF NOW. This medication KILLS. Look into the lawsuit's.”

Mitzi · Taken for less than 1 month December 4, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Nov. 5 2019 was giving this medicine and didn't have any problems til 3 weeks later, went to the doctor thought I had strep wasn't getting better stayed sick for weeks, woke up nov. Have hands swollen and throat swollen they ER couldn't figure it out, got worse red and purple spots inflamed taste buds, swollen, all signs of bad side effects from Januvia, this drug need to be reviewed, it could have killed me. Shame on the drug company your business is suppose to help peoples health and not make them so much worse. ”

User review · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 19, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Very frequent need to go to the toilet after two months of Januvia dose 100mg once a day, like need to go to the toilet every thirty minutes day or night. It's the first time I have seen this although had type 2 diabetes for more than thirty years.stopped using it and its getting better now.”

Insomniac Too · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 17, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I was diagnosed with diabetes a few years ago and was given Metformin. Immediately, I had severe stomach pains, nausea, and vomiting. I was switched to Amaryl (dropped my blood sugar constantly), then to Oseni (which worked miracles with the right diet). Then there was a shortage, so I was prescribed Januvia! Januvia doesn't drop my blood sugar if I haven't eaten in a while, and I don't have to be as strict with my dieting (no pasta with Amaryl and Oseni v. pasta with Januvia). With Januvia, my A1C was at a 6.5 and I didn't have any nasty side effects. Januvia is the only medicine I'm on right now for my diabetes and I'm actually glad my doctor fought to get me the medicine.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 23, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I took Januvia for about five to six months. This was back in early 2012. I developed the side effect of terrible tremors. I finally stopped taking it. Although the tremors and handshaking lessened, they have never gone away.”

Bob October 20, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I'm Type 2 and take 5 mg Glipizide and 2000mg Metformin XR. Blood sugar A/1c range from 6.8 to 7.4. Lower range is when I'm practicing good Keto diet. I've gone from 240lbs to 205 lbs so expect BS to go a bit lower over time. Januvia is not a bad drug, it is just a useless drug IMHO. It actually raised my A/1C a little until I stopped taking it. The side effects for me was runny nose and some chest congestion which was ok if it did anything. Then I did some research which prompted me to stop taking it. I'm not even going into how expensive it was, as if it did anything I'd be happy to take it but it didn't. But lets look at the actual clinical trials. Januvia reduces A/1c by .8 percent or less than 1 percent. What does that actually mean? If you have an A/1C of 7.5 before Januvia, expect 7.44 after taking Januvia. Not impressive at all considering the cost and minor side effects.”

Fay · Taken for less than 1 month October 16, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I've been taking metformin and it worked, lost weight, but gave me severe diarrhea. So I was prescribed JANUVIA. The second day I had a crick in my neck on my left side. Woke up again it spread to my right side. Found out it swollen up my lymph nodes. Painful. My body ended up so sore and I was really tired. Please don't take this medication. I'd rather deal with metformin after this.”

Shorty · Taken for less than 1 month September 21, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Hi I took Januvia for approximately 6 weeks. As time went on I started to feel stiffness in my right shoulder I thought nothing of it. Then my neck started stiffening up to the point I could barely drive and at night if I laid on my back I started to wake up through the night it felt like my breathing was cut off, and still I never thought it might be Junuvia .I was taking 50mg in morning with my metformin then it was like my joints In my foot stiffened to the point I could not walk.I called my doctor she told me to stop taking it right away I'm well now but it to me 7 weeks to recover from the stiffness”

Neil Shah · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 14, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “My a1c was under 7 with Metfomin and starlix. My Dr added Januvia 100 mg. My a1c increased over 7. The worst part was, my eyes started itching badly and got swollen. Once I stopped Januvia my eyes got normal again.”

Steve H · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 31, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Had A1c of 6.2 seven yrs ago and was put on metformin. Had side affects so in Jan 2019 I was put on 50 mg Januvia. My A1c went up to 7.2. Four months ago I was switched to 100 mg and now A1c went to 7.5. I am very active and walk 4 miles every day, I do not eat carbs in excess of 40g a day, no sugar, have maintained weight. It does not work on me at all. Will stop it now.”

Tea · Taken for less than 1 month August 24, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Januvia seems to be working but I've been having constant headaches and a sore throat. I'd rate it a 10 but I couldn't because of the side effects, which I hope go away because I don't want to keep popping Tylenol.”

Pa · Taken for less than 1 month August 23, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Was on metformin 500mg twice a day. Wasn't working so added Januvua 50 mg. Six days ago. Since taking haven't been thinking clearly. Today was worse and right after taking it with my metformin I felt like I was having a heart attack. Neck hurting bad, chest, and heart rate up really bad. Now I'm getting a little better tonight but neck sore and heart burn. I will never take this drug again. I knew it wasn't right from the beginning.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 21, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I took 1/2 a pill for 10 days 5 pills total . Ended up in ER couldn't breathe horrible chest pain. Never again! Horrible drug”

john · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 30, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I am using this medication for the last 2 months advised by my health advisor. I am getting positive results. My blood sugar level is now in the normal range.”

Lulu July 17, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Endo prescribed Januvia along with Farxiga and Metformin 4 months ago. Regular ER Metformin caused horrid gastric distress (diarrhea.) Two doses of Januvia and the upper abdominal ache started, constipation, scalp itching, fatigue and extremely high blood sugars. Now prescribed TEVA manufacturer Metformin instead of the generic brand that costs nothing at certain pharmacies. TEVA doesn't use the same fillers as the other Metformin - I take two with dinner and working to got to four a day with no GI issues. Before Januvia my sugar was controlled - never going over 180. With Januvia and Farxiga my readings are in the high 100s, 200+ - I called my endo and told her I had stopped the Januvia (stomach ache is gone). She said to also stop Farxiga since it appears that both drugs are not helping my sugars. I am going back to my routine I had BEFORE Farxiga and Januvia. Those two drugs cost is $1600 each for three months WITH excellent insurance.”

CABHOLT · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 3, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I took Januvia for a few months to lower my A1C prescribed by my endocrinologist’s APN & my PCP took me off because she didn’t see the benefits and didn’t understand why I was prescribed it in the first place. My PCP said Januvia is usually prescribed for older patients (80 years +) with kidney issues. I am 50 & no kidney problems, but I experienced horrible stomach issues on Januvia and regretted taking it. Why is this being prescribed. It didn’t work for me & didn’t lower my A1C. Period.”

Lucy · Taken for less than 1 month July 2, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Started Januvia a week and a half ago - metformin gave me major gastric distress. Januvia has been horrid - upper abdominal ache and constipation. My blood sugars have been very high since starting Januvia. Sugars have never been above 190 until Januvia. I am going back to metformin and deal with the diarrhea. I will let my doctor know what is going on again.”

Pickylady · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 5, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “My doctor switched me to Januvia last year because I couldn't get past the side effect of diarrhea from metfomin. I It didn't change my AC1 much, but I had zero side effects. 6 months ago I developed "frozen shoulder". The pain in my shoulder is excruciating and I lost mobility in that arm. I went to my doctor twice complaining of this joint pain. She sent me to physical therapy which didn't help. 5 days ago I stopped taking januvia after reading side effects. My shoulder pain is going away. Very disappointed in my doctor.”

Bird May 2, 2019

For Diabetes, Type 2: “After seeing my doctor, he took me off the Metformin ER 500 mg, because it wasn't helping me. Therefore, he gave me a sample box of Januvia 100 mg to try out. I had the worst experience ever. After 2 days of taking this medicine I began having severe pains in my stomach, back and legs to the point I couldn't walk. The pain was intense, excruciating, agonizing. I discontinued the medicine after the second day I have another doctor appointment and I will be sure to address this issue. If you can maintain your diabetes with diet and exercise please do”