Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Dec 7, 2021.
Generic name: SITAGLIPTIN PHOSPHATE 25mg
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
The recommended dose of JANUVIA is 100 mg once daily. JANUVIA can be taken with or without food.
Recommendations for Use in Renal Impairment
Assess renal function prior to initiation of JANUVIA and periodically thereafter.
For patients with an estimated glomerular filtration rate [eGFR] greater than or equal to 45 mL/min/1.73 m2 to less than 90 mL/min/1.73 m2, no dosage adjustment for JANUVIA is required.
For patients with moderate renal impairment (eGFR greater than or equal to 30 mL/min/1.73 m2 to less than 45 mL/min/1.73 m2), the dose of JANUVIA is 50 mg once daily.
For patients with severe renal impairment (eGFR less than 30 mL/min/1.73 m2) or with end-stage renal disease (ESRD) requiring hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis, the dose of JANUVIA is 25 mg once daily. JANUVIA may be administered without regard to the timing of dialysis.
Frequently asked questions
- When is the best time to take Januvia?
- How long does it take for Januvia to work?
- Does Januvia cause weight gain or loss?
- What is Januvia used for and how does it work?
- Can Januvia and Invokana be taken together?
- Can Victoza and Januvia be used together?
More about Januvia (sitagliptin)
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- During pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Reviews (121)
- Patient tips
- Drug images
- Pricing & coupons
- En español
- Drug class: dipeptidyl peptidase 4 inhibitors
- FDA approval history
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.