User Reviews for Simvastatin

Also known as: Zocor

Learn more about Simvastatin.

Reviews for Simvastatin to treat Cardiovascular Risk Reduction

"In 2014 only 10mg Simvastatin was prescribed for my Mother in an extended care facility. She was already on diltiazem 180mg for mild hypertension . During 17 months on this drug combination she developed brown urine, hair was falling out by the fist full, suddenly became diabetic, developed renal problems (elevated BUN), developed elevated amylase and lipase levels and now has a pancreatic cyst (proven by CT scan). She has some dementia and could not communicate side effects she was experiencing. We saw the physical effects and reported them to the staff. No action was taken by the Physician. Her health was destroyed. If they are not, these 2 drugs should be contraindicated. Period."

shoudblaws March 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"58 yr old male. Heart attack 7 months ago, 98% blocked right coronary artery, stented. Been on Simvastatin and Plavix since I got my stent. Was on Lisinopril, but it caused hives. Not sure what is causing it but I have been freezing cold all summer, shivering cold. My legs ache almost constantly. Got blood work done this week, I will be seeing the Doctor in a few days and get the results. If I find that it was this medicine causing the chills I will discontinue it."

Barrry October 8, 2011