User Reviews for Pitavastatin

0.0

1 review
Summary of Pitavastatin reviews 5.9 56 reviews

Reviews for Pitavastatin

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I had problems with other cholesterol medication, my doctor put me on Livalo, started with muscle pain in my back, I stopped taking them, now a year and half later, still having pain, back itches to the point it wakes me up, could someone tell how long it takes to totally get out of system, I even call the manufacturer and they couldn't tell me."

Sjk (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2018

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I have taken other Statins, but have been on Livalo since Jan 1. After a few weeks, I began experiencing upper thoracic pain after standing for awhile. And the last couple of weeks, I have been so tired, esp about 9:30 am and later afternoon, that I would like to take a nap. I have tried but I am not a daytime sleeper, so I don't rest, much less sleep. My balance is off, and I nearly fell a few times. 1 more thing, I cannot get warm; and that has been since the beginning of January. Oh, and this morning I was greeted by moderate discomfort down my posterior R thigh. Normally, I am a very active woman, but not so much lately."

K (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2018

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: "Started on Lipitor 10mg years ago - no issues then Doctor upped dosage to 20mg and I couldn't get out of bed! Gave up on statins till December when Cardiologist put me on Livalo 2mg for 5 weeks. No muscle aches or pains but increase in leg cramps. Went to regular Doctor in January - blood test A1C was elevated but all cholesterol levels were in limits! Thought from Livalo and so I was put on Crestor.... 2 weeks on Crestor and daily headaches, muscle aches & pains, weight gain and blood glucose still elevated and not under control. Quit and went back to Livalo! Aches and pains went away. Read that statins in general can have an effect on blood glucose. Each person reacts to medication differently - like "your mileage may vary". I'll stick with the Livalo to keep my cholesterol in check and work on diet and exercise to get my weight down so I can get off all medications!"

VickyDag (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2018

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: "Have taken all the statins, they all caused severe muscle problems. CPK was off the charts! I asked the Dr. about Livalo which he didn't think too much about. I took 2mg's and 30 days later all my numbers were cut in half! It really does work, for some reason I trust the japanese. We tried 4mg and a that point my muscle issues came back. So, I'm at 2mg without any major issues. Skin is a little dry now and then, a little pain here and there, a little rash here and there. But overall it really works. 40mgs of Lipitor or 2 mgs of Livalo! I would go with less is more! My next mission is to take 2mg every other day. It will still work according to my doctor! Less is more!"

M. R. (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 29, 2018

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: "After a few years of not taking statins, my doc convinced me to try Livalo. He said it's great for people who have side effects. Well, he's wrong. I'm only on 1 mg daily, and after less than 2 weeks, I have everything from constant gas, to crying fits, to back pain, to having chunks of my hair fall out. I'm normally very active, but I'm so tired all the time, all I've been doing is working and watching TV. And my libido is gone, much to my husband's dismay. I have my follow up in a month, but I'm considering discontinuing the meds and canceling that appointment. Thankfully I got free samples, because it is very pricey medication."

AZ-55-year-old-woman (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2018

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I've been on this about a year and it's worked fine with no side effects at all that I can see. I had Lipitor prior to this for about 3 months which had all the usual side effects and before that Zetia, which nearly killed me after about 4 years on that (muscle weakness and degeneration was the worst side effect of Zetia). Livalo works with few side effects, if you can afford it or if your insurance will cover it."

Teleman2013 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 22, 2018

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I took Livalo 2mg every other day for 2 weeks total of 5 pills now I have neck and shoulder pain with stiffness, ankles, knees weak, with hip pain. I have been on other statins with muscle pains, but this is the worse. I have not taken any more Livalo in 4 days. Some muscle pains are better but the neck and shoulder are the worst today. I am tired of trying statins. I am done !!!!"

icy2017 November 20, 2017

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I scored a five on this drug because it successfully lowers cholesterol, and the prescribed dosage is feasible. However, after nearly three weeks of consumption, I am once again tormented by excruciating migraines. I have a history of migraines, which are 100% exacerbated by any type of statin. I keep reiterating that I cannot tolerate statins, but the complaint falls upon dismissive ears. I cannot tolerate another day of this, so I am going to risk my life and possibly have a stroke just to avoid another day of these excruciating migraines."

Not Orwellian (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2017

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I have an itching around my nose, my nose, and forehead around the top of my eyes."

ken collier October 9, 2017

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I just got my results of my first blood test after being on Livalo for two months. My total cholesterol was 189, and my good cholesterol was 60. Very happy with the results as my cholesterol hovered around 240 for the past 20 years. I had tried Crestor and Pravachol with bad muscle aches. My doctor finally talked me in to trying another Statin, since she said Livalo was better tolerated. So far, so good!"

DaveGun June 28, 2017

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I tried 2 different statins that caused me horrid pains while sleeping, and refused to use them again. Insurance would not allow Livalo unless I suffered for at least 6 months with a cheaper statin. Doctor gave free samples to me, and I cut them in half to use. Felt pain the first day used, and stopped med after 3 days. No different from cheaper statins."

53 yr male (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I had a horrible side effect with Lipitor so the Dr put me on Livalo. No side effects and was able to bring my total cholesterol down and my good cholesterol up within 3 months. Its a very expensive drug but works great."

Senior03 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 15, 2017

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: "Been on Livalo for approx 4 years. It has lowered my cholesterol, etc nicely and have not had an of the typical muscle or joint pains. I have had a horrible, almost salty taste in my mouth. I am trying to narrow it down to which drug or supplement might be causing this. Anyone else had this side effect. You can email me if you like - pwc@mac.com"

sonopc February 4, 2017

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: "Dr put me on lavalo, I took it for a few months, 2 mg, then he increased to 4 mg. I did start very bad upper back pain, hot flashes, weak but the worst side effect was horrible hives. The hives gradually got worse until I pinpointed livalo as being the culprit. Took myself off and gradually the hives diminished. I'm still having hives just not as bad , but bad enough to bring me to tears. I was also diagnosed with eczema a few years back, which I don't think I have. It's a mystery to most. The hives have not completely went away, now every night I get them. The first time I went to the Dr she told me to take Benadryl at night and losartin in the morning. It helped for a few weeks but the hives started coming back. I'm miserable"

Kat158 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 19, 2016

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: "Have been on Livalo (2 mg.) for almost 2 months and have not noticed any side effects yet. Will have blood test in another month and will see if it helped lower my Cholesterol. Previously had taken Crestor for 2 years and it worked lowering my levels but started getting sharp pain in my bi-ceps. Felt like a needle was being driven into them. Would last about 2 to 3 seconds and then not re-occur for another couple of hours or a day. I'm a 60 year old male who leads an active lifestyle."

Rude Dog (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2016

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I had 656 cholesterol triglycerides 1600..Off the chart could not calculate other #'s from it being so high.I was on lipitor, crestor, and none worked very well and i had Old man syndrome, sore tired.I was put on 2mg livalo in 3 months My triglycerides . are 77. total cholesterol 203..a great ratio of good to bad..liver function excellent..No side effects. I was 194 now 175 mild bp 130 over 82 PR of 80 I am happy so far Oh I am a healthy active 62 yearold"

jimbo1955 August 24, 2016

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I had only taken this a short time and my thumb muscles collapsed. I immediately quit, but I could not close my hand or make a fist. I now have carpal tunnel and I am experiencing back muscle and nerve problems. I think my heart muscle may have been affected. This is horrid. A case where the cure is worse than the disease!!!!!!"

Anonymous May 14, 2016

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: "Have trouble tolerating cholesterol meds so my doctor gave me a sample of Livalo. The first day I took this drug I felt like I had consumed vast quantities of caffeine. I slept poorly, felt depressed, and even had the shakes. I really wanted to find a medication to reduce my cholesterol but the side effects of Livalo were just too prohibitive. It is also very expensive. Even with insurance, a 3-month supply was $125 and my insurance would not accept the drug manufacturer's coupon."

Austxnaturegal (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2016

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: "The muscles in my thumbs collapsed and I developed carpal tunnel. Could not use my hands"

Hurting 1 (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2016

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: "Male, 56 years old. Work out three times a week. Started Livalo four weeks ago. No muscle pain but started to get extreme back pain in the morning while waking up. Also, the memory loss and confusion was severe. Actually went to neurologist to check me for dimentia or Alzheimer disease. Tired of the statins and their severe side effects. Tried most of the popular ones."

Lmtony December 30, 2015

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I have been on Livalo 4 mg for over 2 years. It has decreased my Cholesterol a lot, however the past year, I have had more lower back pain, pain in my shoulder (the ortho Dr said tendinitis) and since June have developed abdominal pain. Had MRI and Ultra sound, nothing found, after getting my script filled, I just so happened to read the side effects (never usually do) and bam, there it was, abdominal pain, shoulder pain, lower back pain. I just switched Drs, so I am going to fill her in on what I found out to see how she wants to proceed. And it is very expensive, however my Dr gave me a discount card so I only pay $18 a month."

KRIStyc December 29, 2015

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: "I am taking Livalo for several months due to the fact that other statins caused a lot of muscle pains. It has help my cholesterol levels a lot. My issue is now my glucose levels are high which is not normal for me. My doctor thought I could be diabetic . My glucose levels were normal before starting on this. Also after reading the other reviews I may have other reactions from it. Lower back pain that is dull. Shoulder and neck pain and headaches. I didn't connect it. I went to the Chiropractor to try and help that. Now. I think it's time to discuss with my doctor that it could all be from the Livalo ."

Anonymous t (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2015

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: "Have been on Livalo for a few years, 2mg a day. I'm a female, 58, 5'3, normal-petite. First I have to say reading all the reviews r not useful to many people. U cannot compare yourself to a 75 yr old or a 35 yr old or even female/male. I feel u can only find answers when u compare yourself to the same type of person. I do not take any other medication except for Xanax for panic/anxiety disorder. After a few years of taking Livalo I'm experiencing horrible joint pains in my toes and feet. I feel like I'm 78 when I get up in the morning. There is no history of arthritis in my family. My mother lived to 94, my dad 92. They had little health issues but not til they were old. I'm so depressed now, I don't want to be around friends. My feet hurt"

AGForever (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 5, 2015

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: "After having another Stent placed in my heart my new cardiologist tried me on generic Crestor much to my dislike. I have tried them all they all cause me extreme pain in my muscles, bones (back, legs, arms, feet etc.)heart.. Nightmares this time, confusion, headaches. Symptoms began within a few hours of taking it. He switched me to this livalo and the pain was worse.No thank you. I'll pass."

7xGrammie7X's (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2015

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: "Went off lipitor after about 7 years followed by crestor for 2 years. I experienced muscle pain and nightly heartburn. Started Livalo after being off Crestor for 60 days to make sure it was the statin that caused the muscle pain. It was. Now experiencing no muscle pain with Livalo and to my surprise no heartburn. Had no idea that lipitor and crestor caused the heartburn. Had NMR bloodtest last week. Livalo is amazing. Triglicerides plummeted, cholesterol particle size went up nicely and insulin resistance went from pre-diabetic which it has been for 5 years to no risk. If your Dr. doesn't do NMR test you may be taking statin unnecessarily. My cardio Dr. doesn't even want to know what traditional HDL and LDL numbers are."

PaulDK (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 29, 2015