User Reviews for Seroquel XR to treat Schizophrenia

Seroquel XR has an average rating of 7.6 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings for the treatment of Schizophrenia. 57% of those users who reviewed Seroquel XR reported a positive effect, while 14% reported a negative effect.

Seroquel XR Rating Summary

7.6/10 average rating

Compare all 78 medications used in the treatment of Schizophrenia.

Whatever May 15, 2019

“I started taking this when I was 12 years old and the entire time I was on it, I gained probably like 40-60 pounds. But I was some what over weight at the time so probably thought not much about it. I would miss school because my mom had a death wish if she woke me up. It made me tired and foggy for days. Last October my mom woke me up just a few hours after taking it. And I couldn't even comprehend what she was saying. So along with the schizophrenia I also have sleep apnea I stop breathing in my sleep, thank god I can figure it out pretty fast and wake up. On seroquel it's impossible and also makes it worse. Even after more then ten years I really hate this medication. I haven't taken it for a for maybe a year or more. But they still prescribe it. They started me on Abilify which. I recommend for anyone with schizophrenia or B.L.P. or B.P. because Abilify does work, and it works fast and also it doesn't cause any sleeping problems or drowsiness. And even comes in a once a month dose.”

Rest In Pieces · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 15, 2015

“I lost touch with reality for quite a while. I mainly use this as a sleep aid, but I am a paranoid schizophrenic. As far as symptoms of my schizophrenia, it helps. However, whenever it's about time to take my dose I notice my condition worsening a lot. If I take it late, I am loopy and a bit delusion, but I hold a steady job that requires us to work late some days. Also, if I am just having an overall bad day, it seems to not help my symptoms at all. I am pretty sure I would be a lot worse without this medication. My insurance doesn't cover it, but I got a card from the doctor making my prescription only cost around 17 bucks. If I didn't have that card, it would be about 80 bucks with my work insurance. 400 or something with none.”

Skr1259 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 27, 2014

“When I was 14 I was put on 450mg/day before bed time and within 6 months I gained 25-30 pounds. It worked super well to get rid of my hallucinations (including the tactile ones) but it made me extremely zombie-like. My grades slipped at school, and I slept as soon as I got home till the next morning. The first day I slept 22 hours. This medicine made me so hungry all the time and no matter how much I ate I was never full.”

Chris778 · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 5, 2013

“From the age of eleven to seventeen, I lost touch to reality, no doctor could figure out what was wrong with me cause I didn't tell my real problems. I was living in an imaginary world. At the age of seventeen I was finally able to express some of my problems, and got started on Seroquel XR, day by day I had the feeling of becoming normal again, and regained the control over my own life. I still have issues from all the problems that involved my past, but I can truly say that I got control back. I truly think Seroquel XR saved my life.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 21, 2012

“Got rid of psychotic symptoms but I had an allergic reaction and had to go off it. Made me feel drunk after I took it so I had to go right to bed. I would stumble around if I got out of bed. Made me sweat and salivate more. I found olanzapine a better fit.”

DeadBunny · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 25, 2014

“All the other medications I have been on produced horrible side effects. Seroquel works great and the only side effect is sleepiness. Stable at 600mg and quite pleased.”

klendathuu August 14, 2009

“Works well - sedating though.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 11, 2012

“I have been on it for 2.5 years, I gained 30lbs. At a point it has stopped working for me. Started having crying spells, insomnia. I am now going to try Latuda.”

Learn more about Schizophrenia