User Reviews for Seroquel XR

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Seroquel XR.

Seroquel XR Rating Summary

5.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 61 medications used in the treatment of Major Depressive Disorder.

Reviews for Seroquel XR to treat Major Depressive Disorder

"been great for me except for the weight gain , I just want to eat all the time"

Shazza Hall October 23, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"1200mg xr per day worked and stopped my mental process enough to pave the road to recovery. I developed arthritis in both hands and the most savage ADDICTION ever known to man i was now facing. I have now stopped compleatly and all the words and reviews can never prepare you for such an experience. I took the cold turky approach and 3 months of violent withdrawls i have stayed clear. I WOULD RECOMMEND OTHER TREATMENTS BEFORE THIS AS A LAST RESORT. It saved my life but at what cost. I still have mental health issues amd arthritis but i quickly get on with my day when i realise i could be back taking them."

Dave's truth.. (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 9, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have suffered from major depression since early adolescence, and have been exposed to over 2 dozen different anti depressants in the last 30 years. Expensive, ineffective, grossly negative side effects to skin and, chronic fatique daily. Trying another high cost drug a desperate last resort. Each dirty little pill failed, with accumulated cost of more than $15,000 to the patient asking for help Negligent dispensation of Seroquel XR also resulted in near fatal car wreck for the patient. Aside from losing my car, and job, I was priveleged to gain 40 pounds, .... and counting. Chronic insomnia kills drivers, truckers, pilots, boat captains every day. Drug companies need try a lot harder to promote healing, rather than just bank roll profits"

Wretched Life54 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 13, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm currently 30 and a male. My depression has only worsened since (and before) my initial diagnosis of depression and generalized, social and "acute" anxiety 13 years ago. I've been in a major depression for at least five years, tried to kill myself twice and am unable to take care of myself. I've lived alone since I left for college in 2003. I still live alone here. I've been on any SSRI I can think of, so this was a last resort med. Seroquel has made me much too tired to work or do anything else. The only stars I gave it relate to the reduced anxiety when I'm ACTUALLY AWAKE. Other than that, I'm more numb than I ever and are at risk of losing my job"

Might be done January 19, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm currently taking 150mg seroquel XR along with 45mg Remeron for MDD I take them both at night, To help with my sleep. It also is to help my anxiety disorder. I've noticed that I am less depressed and anxious, But that's only because I'm so depersonalised I can't focus on my surroundings, Let alone my anxiety I constantly feel stuck in a dream-like state and I can't focus. Even as I write this I'm struggling to find the words,and describe how I feel, Because I don't feel much of anything I haven't had many other side effects, even when I drastically increased the dose All in all, It technically does help, But this is no way to live"

Haley_1182 December 28, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Absolutely amazing drug. Has quite literally saved my life. Pity I need to lie to the Australian government about having bipolar to get it prescribed. No doubt this is stopping many thousands of Australians from getting access to it. Seriously. I went from suicidal for several months to absolutely normal in one dose. One dose. Talk to your doctor about this if anti depressants are not working for you. Understand it may require you to lie about having bipolar."

BelindaAUS (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This was the absolute worst medication i have ever taken. What a nightmare!! To begin with I was taking Duloxetine 60 mg 1x a day, Wellburtin Xl 300mg 1x a day, Valium 10mg 3x a day, morphine 30 mg 2x a day oxycodone 20mg 4x a day. I was doing just fine or do I thought. I had a change of Doctors, due to the fact that my Doctor left this practice. Not sure the reason for this medication. Never Again!! After starting that medication once it really got in my system, my worst fear came to reality. I totally went outside my mind to the point my daughter was so scared of my behavior she called the EMS. Upon arrival at the ER, after blood work was told I was overly medicated. Never Never Again!!! Awful!!"

Pony56 October 25, 2015

"Works great for me"

calebcass1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking this for five years and have never been better. I think you just have to find what works for you. My Psych Doc is the best!"

dustbowl (taken for 10 years or more) January 8, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Seroquel for depression isn't heard of much. I'm on it, and yes at first it was horrible. Head spins and just like motion sickness. But I was advised to stick it out and did. Approx 6 weeks it settled down. I take it for BiPolar, the racing mind, no sleep or little sleep. With Seroquel, I sleep a nights rest. My mind isn't active at all. I'm on 300mg. A bit tired of a morning, but if you are up early, which can be hard, the effects wear off, sooner. I won't swap to any other, I tried Zyprexa but, I'm sticking with Seroquel."

Eliza_nsw November 28, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Does not improve my quality of life. Depression continued and developed major cognitive disfunction. I could not even communicate what was happening to me or for any wants or needs."

GetOffMyMeds (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 22, 2014