User Reviews for Pregabalin

Also known as: Lyrica, Lyrica CR

Learn more about Pregabalin.

Pregabalin Rating Summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 56 medications used in the treatment of Migraine Prevention.

Reviews for Pregabalin to treat Migraine Prevention

"Had migraines for years tried pitzotifen, gabapentin, sodium valporate, triptans, Co coldamol 30/500, toprimate, been on 75mg pregabalin an off the books trial using the docs words. I'm in UK, 7 weeks migraine free, I normally would have had 6 attacks in that time, works for me. A bit of fatigue only side, I'll take that over debilitating effects of a migraine anytime."

Bluequest1w (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was on this drug for many years and while in the beginning I felt it helped with both the frequency of headaches and fibromyalgia associated with ME, over time it stopped working. On the flip side, it definitely had a negative effect on my memory. I VERY slowly weaned myself off of it and most of my memory has returned. My insurance only paid a small part of the cost and it is very expensive. I would not use it again. No upside and plenty of downside."

Cyngo July 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have constant migraines often lasting months. First trialed Lyrica for 1 week without any effects (75mg x 2 a day). After trialling other prevention medication which had bad side effects. Trialed Lyrica 25mg twice a day and after the first week was migraine free for months. after running out, migraines returned. This is very effective, as all other migraine prevention medication has been unsuccessful."

bob_about June 18, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I usually have bad migraines that knock me out for a day or two every week. Today I had the aura, the nausea and all my senses started feeling fuzzy like they do when it's coming on. This time, the troubles went away in an hour and I was left with a minimal headache. This is on Lyrica 2x75mg daily, that I actually take for Social Anxiety Disorder/Generalized Anxiety Disorder."

HarPe December 21, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am a migraine sufferer and I was prescribed Pregabalin over a year ago for Neuropathic Nerve Pain in my foot. Not a single migraine over this time but unfortunately and because of all the side effects, I had to come off it. Yes, the migraines returned with a vengeance. I have just started taking Pregabalin again, one 25mg capsule every three days as an experiment and, touch wood, I think it's helping. It's too early to tell if it will be of any permanent good as I've been borderline with the vision thing a couple of times but fingers crossed. My Pain Management Consultant and my GP thought I was joking at first and were quite surprised."

Anonymous February 13, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin): "When I started taking Lyrica for my migraines, my "episodes" were less severe and lasted a shorter amount of time. I have not experienced any of the side effects. So, for me Lyrica has been a big help."

Anonymous February 10, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin): "I was on Lyrica 50- 75 mg 2- 3x/ day for fibromyalgia for over a year. Incidentally I didn't have any migraines while on it. I stopped Lyrica 7 months ago and have had migraines monthly since!"

Anonymous August 6, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin): "Tremendous reduction in pain. I have been on the medication since May and have gone from bone shattering pain at the bridge of my nose and between my eyes 24X7 to only two or three bad headaches a week. I have just had my dose increased to knock even those out, I'll let you know how much better I feel in four months. I would have given it a 10 if it wasn't for the weight gain."

Anonymous September 8, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin): "This has worked wonderfully to prevent my migraines. I went from having them 3 times a week to maybe once a month."

REDHEAD79416 September 16, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lyrica (pregabalin): "I have tried several medications for Migraines and started Lyrica three months ago. Other than the weight gain I am very happy. Lyrica makes me feel ravenously hungry all the time. Actually, this past doctors appointment I was also prescribed Meridia and have experienced a loss in appetite and I hope this will get me back to a more comfortable weight."

Anonymous May 10, 2008