User Reviews for Adipex-P (Page 4)

Learn more about Adipex-P.

Obesity 100 reviews 62 medications

9.1
Weight Loss 373 reviews 44 medications

Summary of Adipex-P reviews 473 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Adipex-P

For Weight Loss "Last year(2015) I was doing the 21 day fix and had gotten down to 155. I'm 5'4" so 135-140ish is my goal weight. I'm a full time student right now and with a child it's hard to cook super healthy meals all the time. Between spring and fall semester I had gained 25lbs. I was put on birth control for my PCOS in May. Since then I've gained another 18lbs. I just started taking this medicine and its amazing!! The energy I have helps me get thru my workout and the rest of my day. I'm an emotional/boredom eater and it's usually sweets so the fact that it curbs my cravings is awesome. I'm excited to see how I will look at the end of 6mo and hopefully I get get myself back on track with eating healthy"

ShelbyStoner October 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I took 37.5 at 7:00am First five minutes I felt a warm sensation all over; about 20 minutes later I felt as if my body was drunk and heavy. Then a burst of energy came I could not stop moving for the next 4 hours. I detailed cleaed my whole house. I could not eat (eat before the pill) food was a turn off for me. I felt full and satisfied with 2 cracker's. I only gave it a 7 because I was very nauseous. I vomited without warning on my floor. Stayed pretty sick to my stomach all day. I lost 2 lbs the first day."

Ashley she (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I'm 5'5" 240 lbs. after years of exercise and dieting I just could not seem to lose more than a few pounds. My doctor and I decided I should try Adipex. I just started taking it yesterday (9/15/16). I've noticed a few side effects even just with the first dose. I have a bit of a dry mouth and it has caused insomnia, and a bit of jitteriness too. Granted it was my first pill so I'm hoping these will subside after a few days. It has curbed my appetite and I've noticed an increase in energy. Now I'm not sure if it was due to the medication, but by 5/6:00 I started to feel like I was crashing a little bit. I don't want to give this a rating yet being as I just started, so I will update at a later time."

RMPRN September 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "47 yr old male, 6'3, beginning weight in 2012 was 280. Before prescribing, my doc thoroughly checked for a healthy heart and cardiovascular system. If you have high bp, abnormal heart rhythm, hypertension etc, DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION. Also if you have anxiety or panic attacks you may want to report those to your Dr before being prescribed Adipex. This medication requires a great deal of responsibility. It curbs your appetite so you can make lifestyle changes that are easier to maintain after you are off Adipex. This is Aug. 2016 and I now weigh 205 and feel great. My waist size went from a 44 to a 36. When you stop Adipex your energy level will drop, if it doesn't level off after 2 to 3 days, have your doc check your thyroid again."

Batman1969 August 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I was on adipex in 2010. I started out at 272 lbs. I was amazed at how much weight I lost every week. I had to buy new pants, jeans..etc every week. I averaged 8-12 lbs lost per week. I lost 126lbs in just under 5 months. I was very active, exercised everyday and didn't have the craving for food. I did find that not eating lead to headaches and mood changes. You have to eat!!"

Maddysnana August 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "Hello everyone. I am a 22 year old female, 5'2 and 178 pounds. Back in 2010 thru 2011 I was a workout fanatic hitting the gym at least 6 days a week and eating healthier than ever. I started at 170 pounds and went down to about 128 and had a phenomenal figure. I somehow lost all motivation in 2012 (after graduating high school) and started to slowly put the weight back on. I work full time as a manager and am also a full time student. I have been struggling with my weight ever since. Here I am 4 years later and still unable to regain the motivation it takes to lose the weight! I have zero energy and have opened gym memberships, tried fit tea, it works body wraps and even a waist trainer with no success! I just filled my prescription for adipex-p and will begin it tomorrow 08/15/2016. I'm hoping for a boost of energy and also a curbed appetite so that I can learn to manage my unhealthy relationship with food. I plan on working out 3-4 days a week for the first couple of weeks and add more work out days as my progress continues to grow. I will post an update every 2 weeks from now so look out for me! Wish me luck and goodluck to all who have struggled with their weight!"

sunshine27 (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "This medication works YES...HOWEVER it has side effects not listed & if you don't workout then you're not going to see the same results as the people loosing the mass amounts of weight!!! I took this supplement/medication almost 6 years ago & I worked my hind end off the 30 days I took it I lost 17 pounds that's all I need motivation to get me started in the right direction to a healthy life I worked out five days a wk changed all my eating habits (stopped eating when I was satisfied not full, if I craved it I bought it took a bite/drink and satisfied my craving) I was the smallest and healthiest I had ever been or so I thought till 2/25/15 when I had my gallbladder removed bc the damage me & my dr believes to have been from the adipex!"

Lucky_you1987 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "Hello everyone, I am going to review this medication from 6 years ago because it was the first & only time I had taken it & just got prescribed again today. I had blown out my right knee in 2010 bad enough to be out of work for 7 months working as a corrections officer. I weighed in pre op at 363. I am 6'4" tall & in 4 months I lost 70+ lbs. went from 363 to 286lbs from Nov. 2010 to March 2010. In that time I injured my back had to dart pain meds & the pain was so bad that I could no longer exercise. All I did was go to work & come home & lay In bed. From 2010 to today I now weigh 449. After a long battle of immobility & depression along with pain meds, I have now made my mind up to grit my teeth and make another change. This med works."

Big Country 55 August 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "10 weeks - 50lbs down - BMI 40 to 32 First two weeks, side effects were CrAzY, almost quit. Now outside of my mouth and regular profuse sweating, all is well. Doing a very low calorie low fat diet with raquetball 3 days a week. Hit a plateau, incorporating weights now. 40lbs to go."

Pilfering Dingo (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I am a 28 y.o female 5 ft 1 in and weighed 167.2. I started changing my eating habits 10 days before taking the pill and lost 8 lbs. I have been on the pill for 2 days and so far, it has curbed all my cravings. It definitely does give you dry mouth. I go to the gym 4 times a week plus do work outside at home every day of the week. I drink a gallon of water plus some everyday for the dry mouth and to keep me hydrated. I am motivated. I don't wake up tired. I have loads of energy. I am trying to get down to 120 to 125. I will update in 2 weeks :) :)"

Bella1188 (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I re-started Adepex today. Full dose. I had amazing results 2 years ago. Went off it, but gained 40 lbs back. Unlike some user reviews, I can tell you the weight gain was NOT a result of quitting Adipex. It was poor choices in diet and lack of exercise. I got lazy. But NOT because I quit taking Adipex. I started today because I need help. It is a potent drug. And it will make you not want to eat. EAT ANYWAY. When you don't, you WILL experience mood swings and hostility. The purpose of this drug is to HELP you make better food choices and to get into a good exercise routine. Drink LOTS of water and EAT every three hours. Do some research BEFORE taking this drug. It can be EXTREMELY beneficial if you use it the right way. Good luck all."

48carfan July 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I started taking adipex two weeks ago and lost 8 first week. I haven't lost anything since. I do not have more energy and in fact get tired mid day. I actually can't even tell that I am taking it. I do eat less but that is about it and have dry mouth. I found a coupon online for Kroger and it only cost me $10.88 for a 1 month supply"

frustrating - ohio (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I started adipex on 5-23-16 exactly 4 weeks ago from today. From the first day I took it I noticed a huge difference. I lost almost all appetite, and had to force myself to eat even though I wasn't hungry. The best thing about it is when I did eat I took the time to think about what I was putting in my body and made better and healthier choices. There are times when I wanted something I knew wasn't good for me, but my will power is stronger and I turned from it. I drink only water...It helps me stay full. I also have been working out 2-3 times a week. Only side affect I've had was dry mouth the first week. I went to the doctor today and I've lost 23lbs in 4 weeks. I recommend this to anyone struggling with weight loss."

SarJef. June 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I started taking this pill on 5-10-16 weighing in at 245 lbs and today is 6-12-16 and I weighed in this morning at 229 lbs. I have lost a total of 16 lbs. I take it for two weeks and stop then start again. I feel this is helping me lose weight faster. I just started exercising this week so hopefully that will help with the weight loss. I take it earlier in the day because if I don't I will be up all night. It gives me energy more than I normally have but sometimes too much where I am talking tooo much and tooo fast and I have to do something...Maybe go for a jog..Lol. So as of right now I would recommend this."

ALYSSA-J-B June 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "In Jan of this year I weighed 170.0. I had some gallbladder issues that ended up with it being taken out and caused some weight gain. It is now May and my last weigh in was 141.4. I love my adipex and I would recommend it for anyone. I have had two children and so my body has been through the ringer. I love the energy it gives me and the appetite suppression. I also like that it makes you thirsty and the only thing that helps is water. I am now a water drinker and I drink well over the daily recommendation. I love this!!"

Cap&trapsmom (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "Been on generic adipex for 1 month. Start weight 183. Current weight 171. Drink lots of water on this. Dehydration can cause headaches ( get migraines already so this did not increase due to the medication). First day i was nauseous. first week was extreme dry mouth and complete lack of appetite. I had to remind myself to eat during the first week. At some point during the second week i was feeling a bit hungry but not the constant hunger i experienced before. As of the end of the first month the only persisting side effect if the dry mouth. I'm also not sleeping very well! but I just take tylenol pm for that. overall i feel good. i'm losing weight. im less hungry so i'm selecting better food choices. (chocoholic lol) and no serious issues."

MKmkmk (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I have been taking generic Adipex since Dec. 2015. I am 5 food tall and was 211 pounds. The first 11 pounds came off quick. Then I got down to 195. Now I am back up to 200 and can't drop the weight. My energy level is a lot better though. I don't really eat that much. So maybe my body is holding on to what I do eat. Who knows."

Mrsbigdog (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I started taking this medicine this past Friday. I have been up for the last two nights every hour on the hour! Please tell me that this will go away. I have also had a headache for the last two days. I stopped drinking caffeine so maybe that why. I'm ready to lose this weight! I'm 31 and 195 lbs my goal is to lose 50 lbs."

Lose it for me May 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I started Adipex 37.5 a week ago today 04-07-2016 and I have gained 3 pounds??? I don't understand why it's not working I'm using my fitness pal to help track my meals but the most I get out of these is a headache and I'm very moody. I called my doctor but today is Saturday to see why I haven't been so successful as the others that I have been reading about my start date was 268.5 when I weighed myself today and 272 I'm so disappointed I paid $100 for the pills in Detroit, Michigan and my repeat visits are $75. I am not hungry but very gasy. I eat 3 meals per day and have not worked out yet."

Lo-Lo (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "Hello I'm Andrea I am 5'3 and when I started adipex in late Jan I was 202lbs just now starting to slowly stop taking them by skipping days I have had a total weight loss of 38lbs in 3 mn the first month was the quickest results I've ate 1200 calories daily drank water like worked out extreme for 4-5 x a week experience headaches due to lack of water sometimes I was dizzy when standing up to fast had many sleepless night from to much energy even though my body was so tired but I feel reborn I feel so happy and confident of course my body image isn't what I "expected" but my journey has not ended yet. adipex is a tool used to help change your life style I can't wait to say I changed my lifestyle & no longer need a pill but am thankful 4it"

Aw4u2016 May 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I have lost 6.3 lbs in 3 days. Yay."

louise83 May 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "hi everyone, im a 18 year old athlete. I play defense and offense line on my schools football team... iIam 6'8 roughly 400 pounds... I had a ankle surgery and have lost all motivation. and my muscle has now flabbed and I'm a big mess... I've hearded many great reviews on this product. I'm hoping my family doctor will prescribe it to me because I can not exercise with this intense ankle joint paint... my goal is 300lbs... thank you all and god bless ps. I'll update in excatley 1 month"

Big_Nate May 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "hi / i started the pills on tuesday, 26 april 2016 / i have read all the reviews and no one said that you should only be on the medication for 30 days / then off / my doctor told me that I could use it again after 6 months / so twice a year / also, before he would give me the script I had to have an ekg / which I had / I do not think much of your doctors if they did not give you the ekg / I have lost 7 lbs so far / I do not eat after 6 pm and only drink milk or water"

geiko April 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "Excellent experience so far, was on for 2 1/2 months and lost ~30 lbs. Really HELPS you control your food intake. You can push through and eat though, but its much much much easier to control yourself when you know you should stop eating but have that bottomless pit feeling in your stomach, or if you are just someone that eats when bored or emotional."

adam1238756 April 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I started taking the pills started March 22 with a weight of 254 Lb a month after 232 Lb weight fully recommended."

Rayu85 April 22, 2016