User Reviews for Adipex-P (Page 4)

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Adipex-P.

Obesity

Weight Loss

Summary of Adipex-P reviews 9.0 485 reviews

Reviews for Adipex-P

For Obesity "I am 227 lbs and 5'3". I started taking the Adipex 37.5 today (11-18-16) at 7:30 am. I could tell that I took it because I was very talkative, and not energetic as in bouncing off the walls or nothing, but more like I actually had the energy to do my work and I was really focused on it. Done more today at work than I done all week. Only thing I have a problem with is when I ate it felt like I slowed down, and all my energy was gone. Maybe it want be like this the whole time. I will keep ya'll updated on my progress."

ShaeAC November 18, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I started Adipex on 11/14/16 my starting weight was 310 weight today is 301 it's day 4 I weighed in yesterday and lost 9 lbs. I don't seem to have more energy. But it does work. The only side effects I have are dry mouth, and a slight headache. I have absolutely no appetite, and have to force myself to eat but I also have no desire to drink sodas or ANY junk food. Which is a great thing. I love this pill and would recommend it."

E.E. (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "The first week I had to force my self to eat I didn't have a taste for anything but once I took my first bite I ate it all Two meal a day big breakfast before pill The second week it was self control slight headaches from missing meals so don't skip meals I drunk tea so I could use the bathroom Ate high fiber foods and high protein foods No sugar no drugs no alcohol no caffeine don't drink alcohol with this medicine alcohol is a depressant and APEX gives you energy you are going to feel so weird plus alcohol is sugar it's empty Calories I lose total of ten pounds in two weeks I'm going on my third week Stay at 2000 -2500 calories per day Drink water no snacking eat salad if you get the urge I'm a medical student hopes this helps"

Skinny gal November 15, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I was 350# Jan 2016 my A1C was 7.7 my liver enzymes 176- it was lose weight or else. I gave up all forms of sweets started eating better much less portions. As of Nov 5 2016 I have lost 94# and 14 inches, my A1C 5.5, liver enzymes 24 very happy and still losing. Remember diets begin and end so don't diet instead make a lifestyle change. It can be done if I can do it so can anyone."

Killentime (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I just started today.... I am 5'4 210lbs...and 29 years old mother of a 5 and 9 year old... My goal weight is 150lbs were i have been and maintained most my life 160 used to be my heavy point, even after I had my kids......I have Been gaining slowly over the past two years...... need a change for the better to get this weight off!!! I really hope it works for me I will keep everyone updated thank you all for the reviews it gave me some insite on what to expect from this medication!"

chanel-Nicole November 10, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "Hello eveyone I am a 31 year old female 198 was my starting weight on October 27,2016, 6 days later I'm down 11 pounds! I gave up coca cola drinking lots of water and eating smaller portions!!"

Trina2u (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "Began adipex on 7/7/16, feeling great about it and a little nervous at the same time. I started out at 233 lbs and I am 5'5" so I was pretty chunky.. a 38.77 on the BMI chart to be exact... Well, I changed the way I ate, I only ate salads, meats, nuts and slim jims for the first week and I lost 12 pounds in 7 days. I cut out all sugary drinks, Haven't touched a drink with sugar in it since the 6th of July, so very proud of myself! Well, to cut this short, I now weigh 183 lbs and I'm still losing even though I'm not on this pill anymore. Just stick to your diet & you'll be good to go! It's hard at first, but I promise you get used to it fast & it just becomes natural!! GOOD LUCK!"

SarahAnn9109 October 31, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I been taking this medication and no work out and I'm gaining weight I don't eat anything but healthy foods what do I need to do"

Paiseleigh October 29, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I was prescribed this medicine about two days ago, every person is different! Although I haven't had any side effects, I did crash after the first day taking this pill! It really curbs your appetite! I am currently 5'2 198 lbs! I'm forcing myself to eat but really no appetite... I'm eating smaller portions and also working out! Will update in another work or so!"

Trina2U October 29, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "I started taking it today and have seen a dramatic difference in cravings...they are non existent..I can't even finish my meals because I have no urge too. I see with this medication I am going to have to make myself eat. The energy boost it a major plus and because the energy boost is so strong in the morning I am going to change to morning workout for the duration of this medication. I previously lose 60 on my own but the doctor said I needed it to come off quicker. I'm 5,5 , 255 lbs...will be updating regularly.."

Lashay155 October 25, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I started Phen 9/27/2016 weighing 201 lbs today is 10/21/2016 and I weigh 186 that is 15 pounds in less than a month...I eat right, I also get the Lipo B12 shot every monday and I go to the gym Mon-fri on my lunch break and I workout and jog every evening. It has different effects on most pple because we are all different. I take half of pill in the am and the other half at noon to reduce the fast heart beat and if you don't work out your not teaching your body discipline, The 1st 3 weeks are the hardest but it is easy now and i highly recommend this pill to anyone wanting to loose weight."

Almost 20 pounds down 30 days! October 21, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I am 5"4 and 178 lbs I started taking Adipex 37.5 10/15/16 today is my third pill I have no appetite I had to force my self to eat yesterday. I can't sleep and I feel light headed. I got on the scale this morning my weight was 175. My Goal is 140, I will be updating my progress every week"

Rosimar2014 October 17, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "Last year(2015) I was doing the 21 day fix and had gotten down to 155. I'm 5'4" so 135-140ish is my goal weight. I'm a full time student right now and with a child it's hard to cook super healthy meals all the time. Between spring and fall semester I had gained 25lbs. I was put on birth control for my PCOS in May. Since then I've gained another 18lbs. I just started taking this medicine and its amazing!! The energy I have helps me get thru my workout and the rest of my day. I'm an emotional/boredom eater and it's usually sweets so the fact that it curbs my cravings is awesome. I'm excited to see how I will look at the end of 6mo and hopefully I get get myself back on track with eating healthy"

ShelbyStoner October 13, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I took 37.5 at 7:00am First five minutes I felt a warm sensation all over; about 20 minutes later I felt as if my body was drunk and heavy. Then a burst of energy came I could not stop moving for the next 4 hours. I detailed cleaed my whole house. I could not eat (eat before the pill) food was a turn off for me. I felt full and satisfied with 2 cracker's. I only gave it a 7 because I was very nauseous. I vomited without warning on my floor. Stayed pretty sick to my stomach all day. I lost 2 lbs the first day."

Ashley she (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I'm 5'5" 240 lbs. after years of exercise and dieting I just could not seem to lose more than a few pounds. My doctor and I decided I should try Adipex. I just started taking it yesterday (9/15/16). I've noticed a few side effects even just with the first dose. I have a bit of a dry mouth and it has caused insomnia, and a bit of jitteriness too. Granted it was my first pill so I'm hoping these will subside after a few days. It has curbed my appetite and I've noticed an increase in energy. Now I'm not sure if it was due to the medication, but by 5/6:00 I started to feel like I was crashing a little bit. I don't want to give this a rating yet being as I just started, so I will update at a later time."

RMPRN September 16, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "47 yr old male, 6'3, beginning weight in 2012 was 280. Before prescribing, my doc thoroughly checked for a healthy heart and cardiovascular system. If you have high bp, abnormal heart rhythm, hypertension etc, DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION. Also if you have anxiety or panic attacks you may want to report those to your Dr before being prescribed Adipex. This medication requires a great deal of responsibility. It curbs your appetite so you can make lifestyle changes that are easier to maintain after you are off Adipex. This is Aug. 2016 and I now weigh 205 and feel great. My waist size went from a 44 to a 36. When you stop Adipex your energy level will drop, if it doesn't level off after 2 to 3 days, have your doc check your thyroid again."

Batman1969 August 24, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I was on adipex in 2010. I started out at 272 lbs. I was amazed at how much weight I lost every week. I had to buy new pants, jeans..etc every week. I averaged 8-12 lbs lost per week. I lost 126lbs in just under 5 months. I was very active, exercised everyday and didn't have the craving for food. I did find that not eating lead to headaches and mood changes. You have to eat!!"

Maddysnana August 15, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "Hello everyone. I am a 22 year old female, 5'2 and 178 pounds. Back in 2010 thru 2011 I was a workout fanatic hitting the gym at least 6 days a week and eating healthier than ever. I started at 170 pounds and went down to about 128 and had a phenomenal figure. I somehow lost all motivation in 2012 (after graduating high school) and started to slowly put the weight back on. I work full time as a manager and am also a full time student. I have been struggling with my weight ever since. Here I am 4 years later and still unable to regain the motivation it takes to lose the weight! I have zero energy and have opened gym memberships, tried fit tea, it works body wraps and even a waist trainer with no success! I just filled my prescription for adipex-p and will begin it tomorrow 08/15/2016. I'm hoping for a boost of energy and also a curbed appetite so that I can learn to manage my unhealthy relationship with food. I plan on working out 3-4 days a week for the first couple of weeks and add more work out days as my progress continues to grow. I will post an update every 2 weeks from now so look out for me! Wish me luck and goodluck to all who have struggled with their weight!"

sunshine27 (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "This medication works YES...HOWEVER it has side effects not listed & if you don't workout then you're not going to see the same results as the people loosing the mass amounts of weight!!! I took this supplement/medication almost 6 years ago & I worked my hind end off the 30 days I took it I lost 17 pounds that's all I need motivation to get me started in the right direction to a healthy life I worked out five days a wk changed all my eating habits (stopped eating when I was satisfied not full, if I craved it I bought it took a bite/drink and satisfied my craving) I was the smallest and healthiest I had ever been or so I thought till 2/25/15 when I had my gallbladder removed bc the damage me & my dr believes to have been from the adipex!"

Lucky_you1987 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "Hello everyone, I am going to review this medication from 6 years ago because it was the first & only time I had taken it & just got prescribed again today. I had blown out my right knee in 2010 bad enough to be out of work for 7 months working as a corrections officer. I weighed in pre op at 363. I am 6'4" tall & in 4 months I lost 70+ lbs. went from 363 to 286lbs from Nov. 2010 to March 2010. In that time I injured my back had to dart pain meds & the pain was so bad that I could no longer exercise. All I did was go to work & come home & lay In bed. From 2010 to today I now weigh 449. After a long battle of immobility & depression along with pain meds, I have now made my mind up to grit my teeth and make another change. This med works."

Big Country 55 August 2, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Obesity "10 weeks - 50lbs down - BMI 40 to 32 First two weeks, side effects were CrAzY, almost quit. Now outside of my mouth and regular profuse sweating, all is well. Doing a very low calorie low fat diet with raquetball 3 days a week. Hit a plateau, incorporating weights now. 40lbs to go."

Pilfering Dingo (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I am a 28 y.o female 5 ft 1 in and weighed 167.2. I started changing my eating habits 10 days before taking the pill and lost 8 lbs. I have been on the pill for 2 days and so far, it has curbed all my cravings. It definitely does give you dry mouth. I go to the gym 4 times a week plus do work outside at home every day of the week. I drink a gallon of water plus some everyday for the dry mouth and to keep me hydrated. I am motivated. I don't wake up tired. I have loads of energy. I am trying to get down to 120 to 125. I will update in 2 weeks :) :)"

Bella1188 (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I re-started Adepex today. Full dose. I had amazing results 2 years ago. Went off it, but gained 40 lbs back. Unlike some user reviews, I can tell you the weight gain was NOT a result of quitting Adipex. It was poor choices in diet and lack of exercise. I got lazy. But NOT because I quit taking Adipex. I started today because I need help. It is a potent drug. And it will make you not want to eat. EAT ANYWAY. When you don't, you WILL experience mood swings and hostility. The purpose of this drug is to HELP you make better food choices and to get into a good exercise routine. Drink LOTS of water and EAT every three hours. Do some research BEFORE taking this drug. It can be EXTREMELY beneficial if you use it the right way. Good luck all."

48carfan July 8, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I started taking adipex two weeks ago and lost 8 first week. I haven't lost anything since. I do not have more energy and in fact get tired mid day. I actually can't even tell that I am taking it. I do eat less but that is about it and have dry mouth. I found a coupon online for Kroger and it only cost me $10.88 for a 1 month supply"

frustrating - ohio (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I started adipex on 5-23-16 exactly 4 weeks ago from today. From the first day I took it I noticed a huge difference. I lost almost all appetite, and had to force myself to eat even though I wasn't hungry. The best thing about it is when I did eat I took the time to think about what I was putting in my body and made better and healthier choices. There are times when I wanted something I knew wasn't good for me, but my will power is stronger and I turned from it. I drink only water...It helps me stay full. I also have been working out 2-3 times a week. Only side affect I've had was dry mouth the first week. I went to the doctor today and I've lost 23lbs in 4 weeks. I recommend this to anyone struggling with weight loss."

SarJef. June 21, 2016