User Reviews for Adipex-P to treat Obesity

Adipex-P has an average rating of 8.9 out of 10 from a total of 122 ratings for the treatment of Obesity. 85% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 3% reported a negative effect.

Adipex-P Rating Summary

8.9/10 average rating

Compare all 39 medications used in the treatment of Obesity.

Reviews for Adipex-P

Jamaican Chik · Taken for less than 1 month September 15, 2014

“I started Adipex on 8/30/14 and as of 9/15/14 I've gone from 202 to 185lbs. 17lbs in a little over 2 weeks, I'm 5'6" and borderline diabetic. My doctor has been on me for the past 5 years to lose weight. She says I'm considered obese and will have to put me on medication for the diabetes soon, but my wake up call was when my joints started aching, and I was losing feeling in my feet. In addition to Adipex, I've eaten 85% clean, opting to snack on baby carrots instead of cheese and crackers. All I drink is water, I've cut out the alcohol, coffee and all fats and sweets. I walk everywhere and have lots of energy. I take 1 pill between 9:30 & 11am every day, and I fall asleep by 10:30pm. My goal is to be around 150lbs.”

roxy23 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 7, 2014

“I usually don't give reviews but for Adipex is necessary that I share with you. I started on 3/4/14 at 215 pounds, today 4/7/14 I'm @ 198lbs. In only 33 days I've lost 17 lbs. I'm eating healthy and small portions, cause I don't get hungry.. I don't crave nor look for fast food restaurants. I've added more fruits and veggies into my menu. I'm staying away from sugar and bread. I'm thirsty all the time, water, water is my best friend. If you are reading this I was just like you 30 days ago reading and trying to find out if this would work, and my answer is "YES" it does. Just take it day by day and eat right and exercise. Will give my next update at the end of April.”

Dani22 · Taken for less than 1 month February 5, 2015

“I'm 22 years old . 5'2 & I start taking Adipex 01/27/2015 my starting weight was 227lbs so far in the past 12 days I've lost 12 pounds. And I've had no side effects. My goal is to fit in to my skinny jeans again ( 5/6 ) & my goal weight is around 130lbs.”

Ali4 October 18, 2013

“I am 5'5", and 31 yo. I have been overweight my whole life. Even as a child. At my heaviest I weighed 256lbs. I could hardly make it up and down the stairs. That is when I started taking Adipex. I am now 149lbs, and feel amazing! I know that there are side effects with every medicine, but there are also side effects to being overweight. Honestly, it is not easy to being weaned off. You have to work hard everyday, not to cave into the cravings, and keep active. It gave me the edge I needed to make that life change. Other friends that have tried using Adipex, but could no stick to the diet and exercise plan and lost little to no weight! You need to want to make the change, the pills just help.”

Krissy · Taken for less than 1 month October 11, 2018

“I started taking Adipex On a Saturday which was September 1, 2018. I went to the doctor and weighed in on September 26, 2018. I have lost 15 pounds. I weighed in at 335lbs and now 320lbs. I go back on October 26, 2018 and I will definitely let you know. I haven’t had any side effects at all! I mean none!! I do walk 5 days a week for 30 minutes, nothing else. I am very happy and I am starting to feel better about myself.”

Jen · Taken for less than 1 month August 29, 2019

“I have been taking this medicine for 20 days and I’ve had minimal side effects. It’s made me more irritable and the first 2 days of taking it, it made me feel a little weird. I had trouble sleeping at night for the first week and half but I think that’s been resolved. This gave me the kick start that I needed. I don’t know how much weight I’ve lost since starting it and will know when I go to my 1 month appointment. I’ve definitely been losing weight. It’s pointless to take this medicine if your not actively taking steps to eat right and exercise- something that this medicine helped me kick start. I’ve been exercising everyday and have been eating great. This took away all of my cravings and I haven’t drunk any pop since taking it- that was my biggest weakness. I will post an update as soon as I know. I started at 222lbs and I’m 5’7”

Anonymous November 23, 2009

“I lost 30 pounds in less than 3 months with this drug, a sensible diet and exercise. I had started and quit a few diets before taking this medicine because I never felt satisfied after a small meal and I always wanted to snack. The first day I took it, I was shocked at my lack of interest in food. I would eat, but not with the same vigor and certainly not the same quantities. I noticed my mood was improved and that I had the energy to do things, including obsessive cleaning of my house. After several weeks of taking it, the medicine didn't seem as strong to me; however, my new eating and exercise patterns were established. Good diet starter but not a permanent solution.”

TEE · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 6, 2018

“Adipex 37.5 is the real deal. This is my 2nd time on adipex. The first time I lost about 80lbs in 3 months. The first 3 days I lost 12 lbs adipex is an appetite suppressant and it will for sure make you less hungry. Also monitor your blood pressure because adipex does elevate it. Try not to consume energy drinks or anything with caffeine in it. The weight will fall off pretty fast depending on your eating habits - just be patient.”

Pooki33 September 6, 2015

“I started on 8/24/15 as of today 9/6 I have lost 10 lbs, just under 2 weeks. I only take half a pill which is just fine for me. I have very little appetite, I force myself to eat. I'm staying under 1200 calories per day, more like 800. My cravings for sweets are gone! This is strange for me because I love sweets. I'm not eating any bread or drinking any soda. Lots of water, fruits, veggies, salads and protein. I have not exercised yet but plan to soon. I could not sleep the first few days and dry mouth is starting to kick in, it's tolerable. My goal is to lose 60 lbs by the end of the year.”

JNE1985 May 6, 2014

“My starting weight was 285lbs. After a 3 months, I am 245lbs. I take 37.5mg in the morning and 15mg around 2pm. I will admit that in the beginning I was not eating as healthy as I should have been. Now I don't crave the sugar and fats that I used to. My once favorite food, Philly cheesesteaks, are only mildly appetizing to me. I have to remind myself to eat during the day. The only problem is that if I stay up too late I do start to crave junk food, carbs mostly.”

Monika62790 May 11, 2017

“I've been on adipex for 11 months now and I've dropped 117 pounds! I didn't exercise only took the pill and cut out everything bad (even though it taste good, doesn't always make it healthy for you) eating wise. Sugar, flour, bread, pastas, FASTFOOD, and even eating after a certain time. I started eating healthy snacks every two hours, ( egg whites, cottage cheese, bag of steamers vegetables, lots of chicken, belvita snacks, carrots and peanut butter etc,and drinking lots of water! Do this and I promise you'll drop weight immediately.”

Melissa Holland · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 5, 2015

“I took Adipex (37.5) from February 2012-April 2012 and in that span of time I went from 300 lbs down to 170 lbs. That is a loss of 130 lbs. I hardly ate anything but grilled chicken, fruit, and powerade. I walked at least 2 miles everyday. I got Pregnant at the end May 2012 so I had to stop taking it. My baby is now 2 years and 5 months and my weight has gone back up to a very uncomfortable 240 lbs. I still exercise regularly but not as often as I should. I have an appointment in 3 weeks to get adipex again and I am hoping and praying that I have the same results as before. This is a great aid in loosing weight for anybody who struggles with loosing weight by diet alone. Wish me luck...will update in 90 days!!!”

Losing100lbs April 13, 2010

“I have been taking Adipex-P 37.5 mg for 8 months and I am happy to say that I have gone from a 26/28W to a size 16/18 and lost 100lbs to date. It works. But, I changed my eating habits, I eat healthy and maintain exercise. Adipex was what I needed to find motivation to get off the couch and enjoy life again. My blood pressure is down, my cholesterol is down, and I am no longer about to be a diabetic! A happy and healthier me!”

Thatgirl35 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 1, 2015

“I took adipex for 6 months... my starting weight was 210.0 ... ending weight was 165.0 ... that was a year ago. This is MY advice. #1. You may not FEEL like eating... but do it anyways... or you'll slow your metabolism down to a crawl and stop losing weight. Just watch what you eat!! #2. Take vitamins!!!! By the time I hit 165# - my hair was starting to fall out, I couldn't focus, and I was constantly tired - sometimes I'd nearly pass out... because "I didn't feel hungry" and just wasn't really eating more than 500 calories a day. Even sitting STILL your body burns way more than that! #3. Be prepared to gain some of that back when you come off the pill. I wasn't prepared at all - and I gained it all right back. Still, great pill!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 4, 2012

“I have tried all the fad diets to no avail. I've tried over the counter weight loss pills and nothing has worked since stacker 3 original formula was banned. I was told I would only get Adipex for 3 months. My third check up is tomorrow and I've lost 50lbs so far. The pill is starting to feel like it's losing it's effectiveness. Tomorrow I am going to start a 10 day break in hopes that when I start back up it will be as effective as the first month. I've got another 40 to go, so hopefully it works. It's been great, though. 50 lbs in 2 months when nothing else helped before is very impressive. It's nice hearing all the compliments on the weight loss too.”

WORKS FOR ME! April 30, 2013

“Started my first dose Thursday 4/25 weighing 222lbs. Today 4/30 I am at 209.5. That's a 12.5 lb loss in 6 days! Can't wait to see where I'm at on day 30! Only side effect I had was trouble sleeping. Started taking Unisom and problem solved. I never got dry mouth because I drink close to a gallon of water a day. So far so good so I'm going to keep on keeping on!”

SidGautama · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 30, 2013

“I am just over halfway through my 3 month Adipex regimen and am feeling great. For anyone struggling with weight loss, I highly recommend asking your doctor about Adipex. My physician was very quick to prescribe it as soon as I asked about it, as he could tell I did my research. I am 5'5, 25 y/o, and started at 193.5lbs. The biggest pro about this medication is that it almost completely rid me of my uncontrollable cravings (I don't even think about chocolate anymore). With that out of the way, I am now able to more easily make healthy changes to my lifestyle. I have started eating more vegan-like and making being active part of my daily life. So far I am down 19.7 pounds. I feel like myself again!”

Erika g February 17, 2013

“I have been using Adipex for 6 wks almost 7 and I have lost 28 pds. My starting weight was 212lbs. I am now 184lbs. My goal is to be 150lbs. Only exercising a couple days a wk. Hope to be there soon! I am not hungry, I eat because I have to. The only side effect I have is dry mouth so far.”

Ms. Kay February 4, 2017

“I started taking Adipex On Jan 1. 2014 until Feb 1 2014 - I lost 30 pounds even. I did only 30 minutes of Cardio a day. That was just brisk walking. MY side effects were; cotton mouth, extreme loss of appetite, I lost my ass , I had extreme energy, couldn't sleep, I was very focus, I had a pleasant attitude but quickly irritated, fast heart beat , blurry vision every now and again. My doctor told me that with adipex it helps you curb your hunger but when you work out it burns double calories. I was 180 - and went to 149. whe I stopped the weight never came back and it became hard for me to eat as much as I use to. I got pregnant and had a baby Jan 29 2015 - I am 180 pounds as of 2/4/17 and I started adipex again. Same symptoms and I'm losing a lot again”

Taylor21 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 3, 2018

“I have taken this medication for one month, I lost 13lbs with exercise and eating extremely healthy. I would not believe any of these reviews saying they lost 30lbs in a month, it’s not true. I had a talk with 3 different doctors because I had seen these reviews before I took it. You’re not going to lose 10lbs a week, it will help, but it’s not a magic pill, you have to put in the work to lose it, more of an aid than anything else.”

scrooge64 April 7, 2012

“I started taking Adipex-P 37.5 mg on July 17, 2010 at 252 lbs. It increased my energy level and suppressed my appetite a great deal. I did experience dry mouth at first but it subsided in a few days. At a weigh in with my wonderful doctor on August 5, 2010 I lost 11 lbs. My doctor started me with taking the medication for 2 months and then one month off until January 2012 and I now take the medication for 1 month and I'm off of it for 2 months. I am hungrier when I'm off the medication but I have learned what portion sizes and types of foods to eat and have done pretty well maintaining. You have to have determination and willpower for the rest of your life. By the way, it's now April 7, 2012 and I weigh 148 lbs. I have lost 104 lbs.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 2, 2015

“I am 21, 5ft .5in female and I got to my heaviest point, weighing in at 155.2. I have never been more than 130. I tried weight watchers and I worked out for about 45-1hr every day and nothing was helping...anyway, I went to my dr and he said he felt I reached a plateau, where it was very hard for me to lose the weight. I was proscribed Adipex tablets on 11/17/15 and today, 12/1/15, I am down 11.2lbs. That is 11.2lbs in exactly 2 weeks!! After losing about 5lbs I felt so much better already. I have not had any horrible side effects. I have dry mouth if I don't drink much and I barely ever eat anything. I have to force myself to eat. Other than that, I have nothing bad to say about it. I definitely would recommend it! Will update in 2 weeks!”

tracyjay2 · Taken for less than 1 month February 22, 2016

“I am a 42 year old woman, 5'0" and weigh 232lbs. I am way too short to be this heavy. Severe depression over the years brought me to this weight. Today is my first day on Aipex 37.5. I took 1/2 pill after having my morning smoothie. I am doing Dr. Oz Day off Diet along with this. So far so good I only felt a bit of a head rush but otherwise the energy is perfect. I'm giving myself until January of next year to complete my full weight loss of 107lbs. I will be walking everyday as well. I will check in with updates every Monday. Hope I can help folks here as well.”

Keep · Taken for less than 1 month October 17, 2019

“I'm a 45 year old female. The Dr said try this... adipex-P. I have been struggling with my weight since I had a total hysterectomy done 4 years ago. So I'm ready to see what this pill will do. I clock in at 224 lbs right now. I'm going to go get the pills today and start first thing in the morning. My goal is to get down to about 155lb or 160lb. So we will see how this works. I'll try to update as I go. Min weight loss goal is 64 lbs. I am very hopeful this will work. I have heard good things.”

DeAundra May 26, 2017

“Hello!! I'm back! I start this medication on 3/31/17 with the starting weight of 213lb and as of today 5/25/17 I now weigh 186! I don't know about y'all but I'm happy! When I first started this medicine I was full of energy but now I just feel like a normal person. With me feeling like that I thought the medication wasn't working anymore but I was so wrong!! It still works!”