User Reviews for Adipex-P

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Adipex-P.

Adipex-P Rating Summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 63 medications used in the treatment of Obesity.

Reviews for Adipex-P to treat Obesity

"I’m so envious of those of you that this worked on! I have completed 2 months of this pill daily and nothing. I did get some side effects the first week (faster heart rate, jittery, dry mouth, muscle clenching) and felt I was eating less but clearly not. I still feel just as hungry and I’m on the 37.5mg dose! My dr told me to take a pill and a half to see if that helps and so far it has not . I am so depressed as my eating is out of control I am literally always hungry which is why I needed help with the pill in the first place. I just wish I’d had the luck you all have had."

Danik (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took adipex in August of 2015. Starting weight 232lb. Lost 16lbs the first month and got off the pill. I kept up my workout routine and lost and additional 17lbs the following month. I kept the weight off until December 2016. Well its September 26, 2017 and I'm back up to 230lbs. Today is my first day back on Adipex. I plan to eat better, drink more water and exercise a lot more than I did the first time to get better results!!! So excited. My goal weight is 175lbs.... wish me luck!"

Pooh0404 (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"So far I have lost a pound a day using this. I do crossfit in the mornings and I eat under 1800 calories a day. I also drink a gallon of water and get 8 hours of sleep everyday."

coreym (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Today is day 7 taking it. Only lost one pound so far, but it might be giving me a little bit of extra energy. I am 60 so maybe it takes longer to take effect in post menopausal women, idk. I am 205 and 5'5" so hoping to lose 50 lbs. I will keep a positive attitude and hope it kicks in better soon."

navywriter (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"One month today went to Dr for refill. Down 16 pounds!! I do waitress so that helps constantly walking at work. Adipex just keeps me from constantly thinking about food. First couple days restless can't sleep...learn to take it first thing in the morning so by bed time its ok."

Bobbijeanplusthree August 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm on day 7 of the medication and down 8 pounds. No desire to snack and I'm full very quickly. I'm not experiencing increased energy but I'm sleeping less. I started at 244.4 and an down to 236.4.... Fingers crossed this weight loss continues!"

JTS1966 July 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Well, I am back for my one month results. Starting weight 6/20/17 - 324. Today's weight -297. That's right!!! 27 lbs!!!. I have started to watch my calorie intake, I walk 3 -4 days with my kids, then the other days I am at the gym doing cardio and toning. I stopped drinking pop. I am up to a gallon and half of water a day. I cut the carbs way back. I have tons of energy, I feel great and everyone tells me that they see so much of a change in my appearance. I would recommend this to anyone, as long as you are looking for a lifestyle change. Not just a quick weight loss. (I have had friends who took it for fast weight loss, lost half the weight I have and gained it all back when they stopped)! This is meant to help with changing your life."

MARYP912 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hey, guys, I am back with another update. I went on vacation, and even being surrounded by Caribbean food, cupcakes, and off of my usual workout routine, I lost weight! I do suffer from constipation and thirst while on this drug. However, since May 6th I have gone from 291 lbs to 265 lbs. I have lost over 60 pounds in four months, and I'll probably be at over 70 pounds of weight loss by the end of this month! Good luck to you all! Stay encouraged, eat well, and train your body! If you work on developing proper eating habits, the drug will take care of the rest!"

TaureanMay (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking this med when I gained 20 lbs in 3 months. It has been amazing. I feel great and in two weeks I have lost 16 lbs. I can not wait to see what the coming weeks/months bring. I will update monthly. Starting weight: 6/20/17: 324 1 Week: 6/27/17: 317 2 weeks: 7/5/17: 308"

MaryPmomof4 (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking this pill because being on depo and an office job has caused me to gain a ton of weight. I will update weekly. Because the first week I have seen a huge change. My energy is back. I don't want to sleep all the time. My focus is back. And I am driven. I have cut out all pop, started watching the calorie intake and I am actually pulling my kids in a wagon every night. We have now extended our walk and I feel great. Starting weight - 6/20/17 - 324 1 week weight - 6/28/17 - 317 (-7 lbs)!!! I could not be happier and I know I am living a healthier lifestyle. With out this med, I don't think I would be able to do it. It suppresses my appetite and boosts my energy. Good luck to all"

MARYP912 June 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had a great experience using this lost 20lbs in the 3 months on it. Another positive my face cleared up so so nice!! My skin looked amazing! The first 2 weeks on it I had terrible headaches but they did go away eventually. The only thing I really noticed is that it triggered my anxiety a little bit and caused me to bite my nails a lot!! But other than that I had a wonderful experience with it."

Tsites87 June 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I work at endocrinology clinic. And there I have seen crazy stories about Adipex-from 191 lb in 1 year to 30lb a month. So, I said to myself I'm going for it. In first 3 days I am 4lb down. I have plenty of energy, I do have a dry mouth and one time after I stood up from the bed I felt dizzy. Now my post is more for the people who are taking it- plz take 1200 cal per day. If you take less, you will have jitters and you would start doubting the med. And yes, I push myself to eat, because I want to eat, but I eat small portion. From day one I want to adjust my portions, always small portions. After 1 months after my med finish, I will continue small portions and wont pass the 1200 cal. Good luck.."

Aim for 20 lb June 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hello!! I'm back! I start this medication on 3/31/17 with the starting weight of 213lb and as of today 5/25/17 I now weigh 186! I don't know about y'all but I'm happy! When I first started this medicine I was full of energy but now I just feel like a normal person. With me feeling like that I thought the medication wasn't working anymore but I was so wrong!! It still works!"

DeAundra May 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have tried everything I could to lose weight from pills, to shakes, to teas, to detoxing, to even a lap band, and NONE of it worked. I had hit my all-time high of 230. I went to my fertility doctor and she said I was in bad health to try to have a baby. My cholesterol was high, my blood pressure was high, and to make it worse, I was pre-diabetic. I've been on adipex now for a month and a half. I've lost 35 lbs, barely exercise, but I'm so full of energy that I've completely redone my house, cleaned the garage, and refurbished lots of furniture pieces. I LOVE IT!!! I've not had his much energy since I was in my 20s! I do have about 20 more lbs to go and it will be off in no time."

QuynShaun (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I originally weighed 374 pounds, and I got all the way down to 304 on my own by excercising. Unfortunately, my weight picked up and I hovered at 320 for years. I became so tired and desperate, I called the doctor fearing weight gain. She put me on Adipex in March, I lost 27 pounds the first month, 12 pounds the next month, I'm still working on my third month for final tally. I am down to 287. Although there were some side effects, the health benefits far outweighed the risks for me. My blood pressure dropped 40 points in the first month alone and I am no longer pre-hypertension. This medicine has been a clean slate for me as I cook my own food and retrain my body to be nourished."

TaureanMay (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on adipex for 11 months now and I've dropped 117 pounds! I didn't exercise only took the pill and cut out everything bad (even though it taste good, doesn't always make it healthy for you) eating wise. Sugar, flour, bread, pastas, FASTFOOD, and even eating after a certain time. I started eating healthy snacks every two hours, ( egg whites, cottage cheese, bag of steamers vegetables, lots of chicken, belvita snacks, carrots and peanut butter etc,and drinking lots of water! Do this and I promise you'll drop weight immediately."

Monika62790 May 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took adipex last year, started at about 290, the first month I lost 26 lbs "

..Lauren.. May 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Started taking 12 days ago, starting weight of 256.6lb & today 250.0lb. Side effects: increased energy which I absolutely love, suppressed appetite which is good, dry mouth which means I drink a lot of water which also is good. Considering I struggled with drinking enough water daily, this changed that. I still get hungry, but only 2-3 times a day, once I start to eat I'm full very quickly. A simple snack like fruit or raw veggies quickly takes the hunger away. I eat a sensible dinner with the family. I've completely lost interest in soda & sweets. I do take a multivitamin. Stay smart, watch what you know you should be eating, exercise & live healthy. You can do it, this helps."

Truluv2ride (taken for less than 1 month) April 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hello! Today on 3/31/17 my doctor put me on adipex! I currently weigh 213 lbs. I'm so excited to see how much I can lose l! I took one this morning and it makes me feel like I want to go out and work work work! No side effects yet but I'm so happy "

Deaundra March 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Started taking it today. Not really feeling any effects. Still hungry and Dr said would have lots of energy .... Not feeling that part yet lol I'm at a whopping 262 depressed and hope this works to help Me"

Toobigtofail March 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"on 1/24/2017 I started taking 1 pill of Adipex 37.5mg once a day. I started at 262lbs. As of today 3/8/17 I now weigh 247lbs. It gives me energy without the jitters. I also suppresses my appetite I force myself to eat 5 small meals a day. I also do at least a 30 min workout 4 times a week. Adipex works! My normal doctor will not prescribe this medication so I see a weight loss doctor. I pay 100.00 a month for the meds."

Nikki1217 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking the apidex in January. I was prescribe 1 per day. My original weight was 305. I went for my follow up on 1/27/17. From 1/21/17 untill 1/27/17 I had lost 2.5 lbs in 6 days. My next visit is on 2/28/17 I will let you know if I lost any more weight. I have not done any exercise but I do have a lot more energy. I can walk without giving out of breath. So I hope I have lost more."

Sweetdrip39 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took this med about 8 years ago. Don't really remember how I felt taking it but after 2 mths and not losing any weight to warrant the purchase price of $30/mth, I stopped. I am giving it a new try. I haven't noticed any bad side effects that stand out or bother me. I believe the med curbs cravings and I usually don't feel like even eating dinner after work. But, that being said I haven't lost any weight yet. I need to get my daily meals back on track and continue the med and then I will update again in 1 week."

GI-JEN February 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking Adipex On Jan 1. 2014 until Feb 1 2014 - I lost 30 pounds even. I did only 30 minutes of Cardio a day. That was just brisk walking. MY side effects were; cotton mouth, extreme loss of appetite, I lost my ass , I had extreme energy, couldn't sleep, I was very focus, I had a pleasant attitude but quickly irritated, fast heart beat , blurry vision every now and again. My doctor told me that with adipex it helps you curb your hunger but when you work out it burns double calories. I was 180 - and went to 149. whe I stopped the weight never came back and it became hard for me to eat as much as I use to. I got pregnant and had a baby Jan 29 2015 - I am 180 pounds as of 2/4/17 and I started adipex again. Same symptoms and I'm losing a lot again"

Ms. Kay February 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"It is very good at suppressing your habits, but I do find that it leaves dry mouth, hard to have bowel movements and it does affect your eyes."

Jackqueb (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2017