User Reviews for Adipex-P

Learn more about Adipex-P.

Adipex-P Rating Summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 45 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Adipex-P to treat Weight Loss

"I am a 28 y.o female 5 ft 1 in and weighed 167.2. I started changing my eating habits 10 days before taking the pill and lost 8 lbs. I have been on the pill for 2 days and so far, it has curbed all my cravings. It definitely does give you dry mouth. I go to the gym 4 times a week plus do work outside at home every day of the week. I drink a gallon of water plus some everyday for the dry mouth and to keep me hydrated. I am motivated. I don't wake up tired. I have loads of energy. I am trying to get down to 120 to 125. I will update in 2 weeks :) :)"

Bella1188 (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2016

"I re-started Adepex today. Full dose. I had amazing results 2 years ago. Went off it, but gained 40 lbs back. Unlike some user reviews, I can tell you the weight gain was NOT a result of quitting Adipex. It was poor choices in diet and lack of exercise. I got lazy. But NOT because I quit taking Adipex. I started today because I need help. It is a potent drug. And it will make you not want to eat. EAT ANYWAY. When you don't, you WILL experience mood swings and hostility. The purpose of this drug is to HELP you make better food choices and to get into a good exercise routine. Drink LOTS of water and EAT every three hours. Do some research BEFORE taking this drug. It can be EXTREMELY beneficial if you use it the right way. Good luck all."

48carfan July 8, 2016

"I started taking adipex two weeks ago and lost 8 first week. I haven't lost anything since. I do not have more energy and in fact get tired mid day. I actually can't even tell that I am taking it. I do eat less but that is about it and have dry mouth. I found a coupon online for Kroger and it only cost me $10.88 for a 1 month supply"

frustrating - ohio (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2016

"I started adipex on 5-23-16 exactly 4 weeks ago from today. From the first day I took it I noticed a huge difference. I lost almost all appetite, and had to force myself to eat even though I wasn't hungry. The best thing about it is when I did eat I took the time to think about what I was putting in my body and made better and healthier choices. There are times when I wanted something I knew wasn't good for me, but my will power is stronger and I turned from it. I drink only water...It helps me stay full. I also have been working out 2-3 times a week. Only side affect I've had was dry mouth the first week. I went to the doctor today and I've lost 23lbs in 4 weeks. I recommend this to anyone struggling with weight loss."

SarJef. June 21, 2016

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I started taking this pill on 5-10-16 weighing in at 245 lbs and today is 6-12-16 and I weighed in this morning at 229 lbs. I have lost a total of 16 lbs. I take it for two weeks and stop then start again. I feel this is helping me lose weight faster. I just started exercising this week so hopefully that will help with the weight loss. I take it earlier in the day because if I don't I will be up all night. It gives me energy more than I normally have but sometimes too much where I am talking tooo much and tooo fast and I have to do something...Maybe go for a jog..Lol. So as of right now I would recommend this."

ALYSSA-J-B June 12, 2016

"In Jan of this year I weighed 170.0. I had some gallbladder issues that ended up with it being taken out and caused some weight gain. It is now May and my last weigh in was 141.4. I love my adipex and I would recommend it for anyone. I have had two children and so my body has been through the ringer. I love the energy it gives me and the appetite suppression. I also like that it makes you thirsty and the only thing that helps is water. I am now a water drinker and I drink well over the daily recommendation. I love this!!"

Cap&trapsmom (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2016

"Been on generic adipex for 1 month. Start weight 183. Current weight 171. Drink lots of water on this. Dehydration can cause headaches ( get migraines already so this did not increase due to the medication). First day i was nauseous. first week was extreme dry mouth and complete lack of appetite. I had to remind myself to eat during the first week. At some point during the second week i was feeling a bit hungry but not the constant hunger i experienced before. As of the end of the first month the only persisting side effect if the dry mouth. I'm also not sleeping very well! but I just take tylenol pm for that. overall i feel good. i'm losing weight. im less hungry so i'm selecting better food choices. (chocoholic lol) and no serious issues."

MKmkmk (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2016

"I have been taking generic Adipex since Dec. 2015. I am 5 food tall and was 211 pounds. The first 11 pounds came off quick. Then I got down to 195. Now I am back up to 200 and can't drop the weight. My energy level is a lot better though. I don't really eat that much. So maybe my body is holding on to what I do eat. Who knows."

Mrsbigdog (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2016

"I started taking this medicine this past Friday. I have been up for the last two nights every hour on the hour! Please tell me that this will go away. I have also had a headache for the last two days. I stopped drinking caffeine so maybe that why. I'm ready to lose this weight! I'm 31 and 195 lbs my goal is to lose 50 lbs."

Lose it for me May 16, 2016

"Hello I'm Andrea I am 5'3 and when I started adipex in late Jan I was 202lbs just now starting to slowly stop taking them by skipping days I have had a total weight loss of 38lbs in 3 mn the first month was the quickest results I've ate 1200 calories daily drank water like worked out extreme for 4-5 x a week experience headaches due to lack of water sometimes I was dizzy when standing up to fast had many sleepless night from to much energy even though my body was so tired but I feel reborn I feel so happy and confident of course my body image isn't what I "expected" but my journey has not ended yet. adipex is a tool used to help change your life style I can't wait to say I changed my lifestyle & no longer need a pill but am thankful 4it"

Aw4u2016 May 5, 2016

"I have lost 6.3 lbs in 3 days. Yay."

louise83 May 2, 2016

"hi everyone, im a 18 year old athlete. I play defense and offense line on my schools football team... iIam 6'8 roughly 400 pounds... I had a ankle surgery and have lost all motivation. and my muscle has now flabbed and I'm a big mess... I've hearded many great reviews on this product. I'm hoping my family doctor will prescribe it to me because I can not exercise with this intense ankle joint paint... my goal is 300lbs... thank you all and god bless ps. I'll update in excatley 1 month"

Big_Nate May 2, 2016

"hi / i started the pills on tuesday, 26 april 2016 / i have read all the reviews and no one said that you should only be on the medication for 30 days / then off / my doctor told me that I could use it again after 6 months / so twice a year / also, before he would give me the script I had to have an ekg / which I had / I do not think much of your doctors if they did not give you the ekg / I have lost 7 lbs so far / I do not eat after 6 pm and only drink milk or water"

geiko April 30, 2016

"Today is my first day on the pill..no side effects yet. I am 24 217 pounds. My goal is 165...So lets see will keep u guys posted."

cwash April 14, 2016

"I took Adipex two years ago and loss 70 pounds! I'm 5'11 and went from size 20 to size 10/12. Dont let that 1-2 pounds per week loss without exercising fool you into thinking you dont have to. You should at least walk every day or some sweat producing exercise 3-4 days or week to get the most out of it. I used the seated elliptical 4-5 days per week. Its quick if you commit to exercise, water and the meds. No eating after 800pm. I've lost from 2lbs to 21pounds per month with exercise. I've gained 20 pounds back over the two years and am now wearing a 14. I went back on Adipex a month and a half ago and plan to get down to a 10/12 by June 30th. ;-)"

Ginja (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2016

"Hey everyone! I posted on 03/24 and thought I would give an update. Since 03/12 to today 04/09 I am down 17 pounds!! I do not exercise any. I no longer have dry mouth like I used to either which is great. I'll update again in about a month when I go back to the dr. Side effects at this time is 0."

Ms. Motivated April 9, 2016

"I was prescribed Apidex today 03/07/2016. I have taken my first pill so I really can't say right now. I weighed in on today at 278.6 pounds. I am 5ft. I am 45 years old. I am also taking a water pill called lasix because of fluid retention so I am looking forward to sharing my progress. I will go weigh in two weeks just to see. I have also decided no breads no sodas no red meats no fried foods and sweets. Praying for some results. Going to start walking on 03/10/16 to see what results I can see in two weeks."

CaSandra Watts (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2016

"Hi, I am 26 and 5 foot 5. I started taking adipex on 3/27/16. My start weight was 211. Now, only 4 days later, I have lost 10 pounds and at 201. I am excited to see what I will get to. My goal weight is 160."

HelloEverybody April 1, 2016

"I started taking adipex on 11/14-4/15 and without diet and exercise I instantly lost 25 lbs. I weighed 150lb (only being 5'2) , by the end of the first month I was down to 126lb , my goal being 125lb. I stopped for a while and ended up gaining all but 3lbs back. Now I am back on it and I'm excited to see where I'll be a month from now. The side effects I have had both times is dry mouth, shakes, and short temper. I'll report back in about a month, maybe sooner."

tnicole24 March 31, 2016

"Hey everyone! I started taking Adipex-P on 03/12. I am 5'5 and starting weight was 315!! :( Side effects: Dry mouth. Nothing else for me. It took about a week for the pill to curb my appetite. I drink lots of water! A couple of days I cheated on my diet but I never over ate like I used to. I have changed my eating habits tremendously. Currently I have not done any exercising but I plan to start. Today is 03/24 and I have lost 8 pounds! This is just the beginning on my weight loss journey. I recommend this pill."

Ms. Motivated March 24, 2016

"Not losing"

Paco2012 March 18, 2016

"Okay, so I'm back. I took this pill from June 2015-November 2015.I went from 301-262... not bad at all! Well, after I stopped taking the pills I gained some back. I went to the doctor yesterday and I was at 278. I was disappointed, but not surprised because I HAVE been eating a lot lately. I was prescribed adipex again, so I will continue to update. My fiance is doing it with me this time. His weight was 209 yesterday. We both started the pills yesterday and we've been very energized and feeling really good so far. i'll check back in in a month with results! :)"

Onomatopoeia (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2016

"I started this medication on 3/4/16. Starting weight was 208. After a week of taking it, I've lost 10lbs. I weigh now, is 199. This pill works! Ive been eating small snacks and working out. So far, the only problems I've experienced is; dry mouth, dizziness, restlessness and slight tremors for the first few days. I'll hive an update, in about a month."

libraK32 (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2016

"I'm 5ft nothing, weighed 155.4 when I started.I tried dieting, exercising&weight watchers&kept gaining weight. I was proscribed Adipex Nov 18th, 2015 & the lbs started falling off. I took the whole pill & felt anxious & shaky for about 3 hrs &after that, no bad symptoms. I took it for 2 months& lost 26lbs. I stayed off for a month & I didn't gain a single lb back. After a month off, I got back on, instructions from the doc when I first started& by the 1st wk,I lost 5lbs. I have 10 days left & I am at 118.Goal weight is 115. Adipex changed my life & Losing 30+lbs in 3 months...amazing. I would recommend it to anyone! Also, it is not expensive at all, with or without insurance!"

Kaileyhb03 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2016

"I've been on adipex since december 2015. My starting weight was 268 and today I am down to 232. I highly recommend adipex! I was a size 18 and now a size 16 and my journey is not over. My goal weight is 200."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2016