User Reviews for Adipex-P

Adipex-P Rating Summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 46 medications used in the treatment of Weight Loss.

Reviews for Adipex-P to treat Weight Loss

"I have always been 130 lbs, but since having my last child I went up to 171lb! I have tried losing weight but nothing was working then I started steadily gaining to my current 184lb (I am 5'4"). Doctor checked my thyroid and all is well. I asked my doc about this medication and if it was right for me. I will see him every 30 days, with a 3 month limit on this medication. I have been on this med for maybe 2 weeks and have not weighed myself yet, but I have definitely noticed a change in my appetite. I no longer want to snack at night, and I am not always hungry. The first day I felt slightly jittery, and my mouth was so dry. Now I no longer feel jittery, my mouth is dry for about 3 hours after taking. I don't feel like I have a ton of energy, but when I get home after working a medium paced 8 hour job I am really tired when I get home. I have been keeping a close eye on my food and water intake. I am curious if I have lost any weight."

momoftwo (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2018

"Hi everyone!! I am a 41 year old married mother of 4. I weighed in at 245 lbs at 5'7. For years, I have had bouts of depression and self loathing. Well, I have finally decided to do something about my weight and got the Phen shot Wed, June 27 and began taking the Adipex 37.5mg Thursday. I must tell you, I feel fabulous!! My energy is way up and mentally I feel really good almost like a feeling of euphoria. I have no appetite. I have to force myself to take a few bites. I would rarely drink water but now it is my best friend!! I have not drank anything but for 2 days now. I have dry mouth (and the tinge of stinky breath I read about in the reviews), but I can definitely deal with it. And I spend 30 minutes a day on the treadmill. Sorry to be so long, but I had to tell someone :) I really think I found something that's finally going to work for me!! I can't wait to be slim again, to be able to bend down and tie my shoes without giving out of breath!!"

Laine June 30, 2018

"Starting this tomorrow a whole new journey for me."

Cece June 19, 2018

"**Update I originally weighed 374 pounds, and I got all the way down to 304lb on my own by exercising. Unfortunately, my weight picked up and I hovered at 320lb for years. I became so tired and desperate, I called the doctor fearing weight gain. She put me on Adipex in March of 2017 and I lost weight down to 221. Then I was off Adipex for 4 months and only gained 10 lbs, bringing my current weight to 231 lbs. This drug helped me to use the tools of weight loss more effectively. You still have to eat healthy and exercise. It does help you focus better and not to constantly contemplate food. Hopefully, this round I can drop below 200!"

TaureanMay (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 16, 2018

"I just started the Adipex on 6/12/18, I weighed 213lb the day I started. I followed the low calorie diet of 1200 calories per day, cut out sugar. No side effects except dry mouth, I hated water before this but now I have no choice. Today 6/14/18 went for follow up appointment I'm 209lb that's 4 pounds in two days no gym. I walk a little at work but nothing major. My husband was sceptical about this, but now he seen the proof in me and is scheduled next Tuesday the 19th, to see the doctor for his prescription. I'm so excited for him. "

DonDiva (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2018

"I am a diabetic and in October 2016 I weighed in at 306lb so started adipex and by May 2017 I was 226lb! I am 5'9 so being 226lb means I wear medium-large. By no means is this a magic pill! I lost weight fast and it was due to taking adipex along with a reduced calorie diet (all clean eating) and working out 1hr 5x a week! I got pregnant right after my weight loss but I am ready to start adipex again and this time my goal weight is160-180lb"

Tia (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 11, 2018

"I went to the Doctor on 5/17/18 I am 5'3" tall, 38 yrs. old and have had 4 children three of which are adults now, anyway my weigh in at the Doctor's office was 233lbs. I started my first pill 5/18/18 at 6am no side affects other than dry mouth and energy boost for me. I went to drinking only water nothing else that day I started the pill, I am using my exercise machine 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes in the evening. I have kept myself on a three meal a day program with low calorie intake and as of today 5/29/18 I am 222lbs I have lost 11lbs in 12 days. The first week I noticed that my weight was just dropping quite quickly but as this second week progresses I have noticed that my weight lose has slowed down and is stabilizing to a slow steady pace which is good or for me I feel it is. My goal weight is 115lbs. Hopefully by summer time 2019."

MeMe (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2018

"I started Adipex-P 2 months ago it took a while to work for me. I am losing weight slowly. I have lost 10 IBS in 2 months, which is good for me. I lost 85 IBS about 4 years ago. I have gained 30 IBS back. It took me about 4 years to lose 80 IBS. To lose 10 pounds in 8 weeks is great for me."

Faith May 19, 2018

"I took this drug about 5 years and it did wonders for me but unfortunately a year after that I fell off the wagon, since that time I have gained almost 100lbs. I'm 5'7" and currently weigh 220lbs, so today, May 5, 2018, I start my journey again and I am super excited because I know it works! I will update on my progress!"

Storme80 (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2018

"I took adipex four years ago and it was amazing. I lost 50 pounds, And felt great! I started it back up this week because I got married and fell off the healthy food wagon. This time around I've had headaches and a racing heart. I think I'm going to try taking my pill every other day and see if the side effects lighten up any."

Brooke (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2018

"I'm happy to say I'm starting this weight loss help today... And I'm super excited "

Zing (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2018

"I started this in late October 2017. I think it was a few days before Halloween and I was begging my doctor for help. I'm 5'1 222lb and mom of 2. I'm very small boned so this was a dangerously high weight for me. It is now April 2018 and I'm 162lb. 60 pound lost. My doctor said I'm not in the clear. She wants me at 115. She will keep me on it till I'm at that weight or it stops working. This isn't a magic pill though. You still have to try to exercise but it just gives you a little help. I have my husband on it now. Let's see if it works for him."

Kb (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2018

"April 6, 2018 start weight 223 just got my prescription today. So today I start my journey. My goal weight is 185lb. Hope to have great results along with clean eating and exercise"

Dasha (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2018

"I have been yo-yo dieting on and off for many years. I have hovering around half way to my goal weight, So far I have lost 60 pounds and have not gained it back. I just couldn't lose the last 50 pounds. I finally asked my doctor for an appetite suppressant, which she claimed she didn't believe in. She wrote me a 30 day prescription as a trial. I began that day, March 20, 2018, weighing 209, Today, March 30, I weighed in at 200! That's 9 pounds in 10 days! This IS working! I'll definitely get a refill. Side effects are minimal, I have dry mouth and a slight headache when I first wake up, but it's worth it. I will give more updates."

Miss Red (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2018

"I just took my 1st pill today(Adipex 37.5). My dr is gonna let me try it out for 3 months. Drank 3 liters of water today.... Fem./46years/5'3" SW:235lb 1st 30 day goal: lose 10% of my starting weight. Does that seem doable? Any suggestions to achieve my 1st goal?"

Denise (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2018

"Starting Date- 3/8/2018 Starting weight- 182lb Present Date- 3/26/2018 Current weight- 173lb Helping curb my appetite enormously. Making losing weight easy! No exercise! Dry mouth- but ok to put up with! I’m age 46."

Jen (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2018

"I started taking the pill on Saturday my weigh in was 220lb one month from today I will share how much I have lost. So far dry mouth, not to bad and I have way more energy which helps me a lot because I work, go to school and have 8 month old and still cook in clean. In other words no life lol. My GW is 160lb hopefully before the weather starts to get nice I see results I will keep you guys updated on muni journey can’t wait !!!!"

Magz (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2018

"I started taking this three weeks ago. I started at 216 pounds and this morning I weighed 205lb. That's 11 pounds in just three weeks without exercising, just making sure I eat 1200 calories per day and cutting out nearly all sugar drinks. My appetite has decreased severely. The dry mouth is uncomfortable, but completely bearable."

Katie M (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2018

"I have just started the pill on the 3 of February. I weight 290lb my goal is 230lb before May 19, 2018 then want to lose the 30 off by August 14,2018 my Dr request me to take them with a water pill. To keep my high blood pressure down and my legs start to hit me a lot because to much weight on them. So I'm not weight my self until the 27 March so stay post for my results ..my goal to take this weight off and stay off my goal down to 180 the most 165..I'm 30 years old married so it's time for a change"

Mika (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2018

"Today Feb28, I have my Adipex RX today and I'm starting my journey on March 5, (I have aparty on the 1st) so my starting weight is 286lb and I'm only 5'6 so wish me luck."

Tee (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2018

"I started February 6th at 275lb and today Feb 18th I'm 255.6lb. I've started the south beach diet phase 1 as well to help. High protein, low carb has worked in my favor. I will say that I've experienced extreme dry mouth. I'm excited to see my results!"

Starr Mack February 18, 2018

"I am a mom to 4 kids and just turned 30. I am 5 feet and I was weighing 166 lbs. I had never ever gained weight. Even through my pregnancies it was a hard for me to gain weight and when I gave birth to all 4 kids each time I went back down to normal like if I never gave birth. I am not a person that eats my life away because I barely have time to eat, I am always busy and on the go. I have always worked out and tried to eat as clean as possible. Although I packed all the weight around my butt and boobs and looked very nice on my petite frame, I honestly hated it. On 1/24/18 I went to the dr and started this medication. I have not experienced any side effects besides maybe some dry mouth. I am also never hungry at all. It’s like I have to be forced to eat. I went back to the doctor on 2/8/18 and I weighed in at 152 lbs. Literally 14 pounds in just 3 weeks and I haven’t even had the time to work out at all like I did before."

Youngmom February 10, 2018

"I started my journey Oct 2017 @213lbs. Today, Feb 2018 I'm already down 22lbs!! Drink LOTS of water, no pop (soda), watch calorie & carb intake. My dr put me on a 1200cal diet. Log into Myfitnesspal.com to keep track. Walk as much as you can and hit the gym too if you are able too. Main thing is LOTS of water and control you food portions. Good luck! I'm on 2nd dose can't wait to see where I am in 2 months :)"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2018

"I just picked up my meds today, I’m so excited I start my journey tomorrow morning and will come back with results in approximately 2 weeks from today. Wish me luck "

I got a new attitude February 6, 2018

"Okay so I started this pill today 2/2/2018 my weight is 187lb. I want to jump start my weight loss. This has worked for some of my friends that took it the way it's suppose to be taken. I will check back in a month from now with my results. I'm excited for this journey."

Stormy1133 February 2, 2018