User Reviews for Trileptal to treat Epilepsy

Trileptal has an average rating of 6.7 out of 10 from a total of 6 ratings for the treatment of Epilepsy. 50% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 17% reported a negative effect.

Trileptal Rating Summary

6.7/10 average rating

Compare all 188 medications used in the treatment of Epilepsy.

Epiwarrior · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 30, 2020

“I got diagnosed with Epilepsy on 7/3/15 after having 9 absence seizures in a 3 hour period. I was put on Keppra 250mg 2x/day and over the years it’s increased to 1000mg 2x/day. The seizures weren’t going away or becoming less frequent. In August 2019 I was put on Trileptal 300mg 2x/day after finding out I was also having complex partials and this pill was my miracle. I haven’t had a seizure since!”

Jav · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 1, 2020

“Taking trileptal for 5 months. Female. 450mg twice a day. No seizures but memory is now horrendous and I'm so dumb and numb. Also the 5-7% chance of having a deformed baby is not worth it but I'm stuck because all the seizures meds are horrid. Also now experiencing constipation.”

Cita · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 27, 2019

“My son had a head injury when he was very small and started to have seizures. Scared me so much at the time. Was told it was febrile seizures at the time. Over the past 3 years he started to have these 15 seconds tremors. We went to see a neurologist and she prescribed Trileptal for him after having a MRI and EEG which both came back normal. The medicine really does help with stopping the seizures. Because of the type of epilepsy he was diagnosed with, he will probably won't stay on the meds. But for now it's a big help. Seeing a child having seizures is so hard to watch.”

Scott · Taken for less than 1 month October 24, 2020

“I was put on this drug in the early 2000’s. I was not on it very long to know if it’d helped with my seizures or not. Because after two weeks, my hearing was not rite. Everything sounded higher pitched. And I had ringing in my ears. I was taken off the drug. My hearing returned to normal. But the constant ring in my ears never went away. It’s not as loud. But in quiet environments, I hear it.”

Diana Leberge · Taken for 10 years or more February 18, 2021

“This medication trileptal I have been on for over 14 years it has helped me from having seizures however now I'm getting very tired on it can't do my daily chores don't know why it's affecting me like this now”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 26, 2021

“Been on Trileptal now for about 5 years. I have Nocturnal seizures. Just had a breakthrough seizure during the day. First time. It was horrible. I fell and rolled down a sidewalk. Was out for 45 mins. Came to at hospital in pain from injuries. Dr. is now adding another drug. I hope and pray it works because I'm also losing all of my hair. Fixing to buy a wig.”

Learn more about Epilepsy