User Reviews for Ortho Micronor

Learn more about Ortho Micronor.

Ortho Micronor Rating Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 258 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Ortho Micronor to treat Birth Control

"I love Micronor. I have been on it for 2 years, and I'm about to get off it cause I want kids. For the first 3 months, I had some side effects ( tender breast, bloating, cramping, breakthrough bleeding) But after those 3 months, it was PER-FECT! No symptoms, no mood swings ( unless PMS), and sometimes, I would just not have my period, which was fun on summertime. I had tried Alesse, Yaz, Nuvaring, all of them giving me the worst headaches and weightgain. On Micronor, no weight gain, I was dieting so I managed to go from 130 to 115 pounds in two years on that pill. :)"

Mommy2go (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 6, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"So, I can't say how well this actually works because I was trying it out to balance my hormones and make some gut problems less painful. However, I've been on it 4 days and just have been feeling cramping and bloating. That has made my gut issue worse. If you don't have gut issues already, this may work for you!"

cowhow February 17, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was another mini pill and bled daily so went to the family planning clinic and they put me on this. Initially I went through the range of side effects including nausea, pmt etc but that was just for a couple of weeks. I have been on it for 5 months and it's fine. I still get a period but it's a lot lighter than it was before as I have a fibroid. I have unprotected sex and no issues so far."

Ldee22 January 20, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Really happy with this pill. I had been on cerazette which caused 3 months of continual spotting. As soon as I switched to micronor it stopped and now I only get 2 days of light bleeding a month, with no adverse side-effects. :)"

Bexy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 14, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was put on micronor 4 months ago because I had headache with previous pills. I am about ready to stop this also last month I had break through spotting for 2 1/2 weeks. This month 4 days prior to the end of the pack I developed abdominal cramps I mean really bad and a lot of breast tenderness now I've been bleeding very heavy with terrible cramps for 3 days . This is the worst!!! Confused"

Miss 75th st January 12, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on this pill for about 5 months now. I still have a period even though you aren't supposed to get one with this pill. My periods used to be 3-4 days but now they're a long 7-8 days. My periods were regular but now they are irregular. But as for birth control, this works pretty well. I take it every day at the same time and have never missed a pill. I do feel nauseated when I take it without a meal. I've always had hormonal acne but it has not made it any worse. The only con to this pill is that you feel bloated all the time. I've had unprotected sex and protected sex with this pill and have had no babies."

kdd17 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am on this medication as I get migraines with an aura...preferred something I had control over vs an IUD. No major issues- no acne no weight gain no pregnancy. Regular period. I have to take this pill at the same time everyday (more than 15 minutes off can cause period to come early or not at all). That is my biggest complaint however set an alarm on your phone to remind you and you should be fine. I notice my PMS symptoms are much worse since starting this pill (moody, nauseous, sore breasts and bloated 1 week before period). My cramps are worse on this pill than before however completely manageable."

TTJJ21 December 16, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"i stop taking this pill after taking it for 4 years.... I completely stop pms for an entire year so... i finally got off, because i actually want kids some day and i don't want to become STERILE..."

sweet key update (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 25, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was put on this because combo birth control made me super dizzy with migraines and throwing up. I was super nervous to take this pill because of the reviews. However, so far this is the only pill that has worked! I do have cramps randomly and I am bloated a lot. No migraines or dizzyness! It does mess up your period though! Mine is never regular."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 23, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been taking this pill for over a year now and I must say out of 3 different birth control pills I have taken this one seems to be the best! Skin didn't break out and did not gain or lose any weight. For months at a time I didn't get no period and that was awesome because my cramps on period are terrible so that was a plus. Honestly I is probably different for each individual but for my self a 19 year old girl at the time weighing 110pounds felt great I do recommend"

Microsoft awesome (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 26, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"first time to take borth control pills.. today was my first pill of micronor and after taking the pill by 6 hrs .. I started to get a lot of cramps but even more that I used to get with my period.. I don t know if this will continue or no ... I will take it for few more days and if this continued i will stop."

dodzz August 30, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started taking Micronor pill after the Cerell pill didn't agree with me. I was on Micronor for 3 weeks and had to stop it, I was getting different side effects, my breasts were so sore I could barely touch them and I was getting cramp constantly (upto the point I was taking tablets every four hours) and then I started getting really weird cramps which I can only describe as contractions, I felt hot and sweaty with these pains and felt like I was going to pass out, I stopped taking it after I had 3 of these attacks as it was making me feel unwell. Has anyone else had this side effect on Micronor pill? I haven't had any since stopping this pill. The only good thing about it was it did actually stop the bleeding."

Hayley84 (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Before this I tried one mini pill and had mood swings/break outs. Then tried combined pill (lucette) and gained weight rapidly-even went up a cup size in a week. As a result, I felt depressed because of my weight gain. I then tried the IUD, intercourse felt like being stabbed internally and I had bleeding everyday for four months with flesh clots. Although my gp claimed this wasn't because of the IUD, they eventually removed it due to an ovarian cyst. Within days all side effects stopped, but my gp put me on Cerelle, which made me have insane mood swings and depression. This is the first pill with no side effects other than light breakthrough bleeding every few months."

Cammychestnut June 8, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I got switched to this because I get auras with my migraines. It gave me menstrual migraines, and periods every other week. My periods were heavier, longer and a lot more painful. I don't really have PMS, but on this drug, I get mood swings, painful constipation, acne and a sore genital tract. The menstrual migraines went away after three months, the first month the period pain went away. Over the course of 18 months, my vaginal discharge disappeared. It made sex so painful that it's impossible. It also cause stress incontinence. I've been off it for six months and the lack of discharge still a problem because I'm apparently not allowed to have any type of estrogen."

Tired Lady (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 4, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been off of Micronor birth control for a little over a year now and I still do not have regular periods. I had to go off of it because it was giving me headaches, gained a lot of weight on it (even though my eating habits stayed the same), I was extremely forgetful while taking it. It's heartbreaking for my husband and I as we are TTC currently but I only get me period maybe every 4 months since stopping Micronor."

JFROSIE May 11, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My doctor prescribed Micronor because I experienced depression and migraines with other pills. So far, so good - the first two months were totally fine, I didn't notice any changes to anything. This month I have had a little breast tenderness, but not significantly, and a couple of days light breakthrough bleeding. I have regular unprotected sex and so far, no babies... I'm happy with this drug and plan to keep using it until I want a baby."

gilou (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This was great for me, didn't get any periods and I didn't gain any weight. Only thing is I had a little more acne than normal but I had no pregnancy using this, its good if you don't wanna get pregnant"

fhwloc (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Nothing but spotting headaches and dizziness!! Hate it can't find anything suitable other than the implant :("

Jazzzzz May 2, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Absolutely horrendous the worst birth control I've ever been on. It made me lose a lot of weight every birth control made me lose weight but this one made me lose the most I was only 8 St to begin with so couldn't afford to lose weight. It caused me to have depression over my weight loss anxiety. Sore chest sore ribs. Extremely hungry moody no periods. Blurred vision heart palpatations and more. I am currently 1 week into not taking it and already feel better my period has returned"

Emma l April 30, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've read a lot of the other reviews because I have been having trouble with anger and frustration and it is over little things that shouldn't normally bother me so I wondered if it was micronor. I have been taking it for three months now. It's the first pill I have used for contraception, and like a lot of other women here, I was recommended this one because I have a history of migraines. My periods haven't stopped and aren't any heavier. I don't get cramps much any more. So that's a bonus. No visible weight gain and no bad skin. The only thing I really noticed is breast tenderness for the first month pretty much constantly but it wasn't unmanageable. I think give it time, it's affects change over time"

Hdshire (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been taking this pill since Fall 2012, no pregnancies, no side effects, no periods, well sometimes irregular (that I kind of worry about sometimes, but I was really irregular before the pill so..) My BF and I have also been using the pull out method all of this time to no pregnancies at all..."

sweetkey (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 18, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started using micronor because I heard it lacked estrogen and I heard it was a healthier method of birth control. I'm surprised by all the poor reviews because I had absolutely no problem with this pill. I'm 5"4 and 120 pounds, and I never work out. I had no weight gain, no depression/moodiness, no lowered Lobito, etc. So don't get scared off by the reviews, everybody's different. I combined this medication with a condom, because I've heard its common to get pregnant on this pill. For that reason I'm ending my use this month (after 8-9 months) and switching to the combined pill Alesse, because I wanna try condomless sex with my partner. Give it a try :) you can always stop using it if you have issues."

Sarah the University Student (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 17, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was prescribed micronor because I get migraines and I can't take combination birth control. I have had ZERO side effects aside from my period stopping, which is ideal (for me). I've been taking it for about a year now while with my long-term partner and we have a lot of unprotected sex and I haven't gotten pregnant."

Teet (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 16, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had a blood clot during my first pregnancy and this is the only thing they could prescribe. I have been taking it for 7 days and I'm moody, crampy, my face broke out (I have clear skin),no sex drive, spacey, I'm extremely tired and I'm so overly hungry. I'm very athletic so it's frustrating. Birth control is ridiculous. I have never found a good one. Even the IUD moved twice! Where the hell is male birth control?"

Neonsnow February 15, 2016

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am not allowed to take a combo pill because I have migraines. I started micronor and it has been terrible. I get my period every two weeks, my breasts are extremely sore all of the time and I'm constantly spotting. I am also irritable, moody and have cramps all of the time. Before I started it my period was always on time...predictable to the hour it started. I don't think it's worth bleeding constantly and being irritable and depressed...so I have stopped. Back to condoms it is."

Jabba Puff Puff February 5, 2016