User Reviews for Ortho Micronor

Ortho Micronor Rating Summary

5.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 281 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Ortho Micronor to treat Birth Control

"I'm 19 and have been taking this for over a month now since I have signs of endometriosis. I haven’t had any bad side effects, except for mood swings. No spotting or periods. I’ve been taking it around the same time every day, most I’ve forgotten is about 45 minutes. Despite my insurance not wanting to cover it, I definitely wouldn’t change it. At first I noticed my stomach hurting a lot as it was transitioning from combo to mini pill, but eating something with it took that away. If you’re unsure, I feel like this is your best option concerning mini pills. A lot of others have awful reviews and this has given me a seamless experience. Not pregnant either!"

Lxrst (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2018

"I had a baby in 2018 and my doctor prescribed me this method because it's best on breast feeding. Took it for almost a year and only had my period for 2 months in that time and only bleed just a very, very, very little. And very bad mood swings, I stopped taking it just 3 months ago and still haven't had my period. Very bad pill."

Cindy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 13, 2018

"If I could, I wouldn't give this a star at all. It messed up my cycles completely. Once I started taking it my cycles went crazy and irregular. I used to have a 27-28 day cycle but after getting put on micronor it went to 25-36 days. I stopped taking it after 6 months. I've been off the pill since August 2017 and I'll never take it again. My cycles just started becoming regular 2 months ago. I'm back to 28-29 day cycles. So it took 8 months to become regular again after getting off of it."

Luna (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2018

"Pros: I never got periods or cramps. Cons: 1. Depression - Regardless of the new studies that came out stating progestin-only birth control isn't linked to depression... it still does mess up with your hormones. I've had the worst depression episode of my whole life. I didn't believe the people that blamed BC for causing fights between their partners. But now I believe it. Once I switched back to Estrogen-progestin BC, I am now back to my normal mood. 2. Acne - I've had the worst acne in my life on this BC. I had constant deep cystic acne. My skin cleared after I stopped taking this pill."

Julie March 7, 2018

"I have gained weight and been spotting and very bloated, Mood swing are out of this world. I have only been on this pill for 2 months. I am getting off it now. I do not recommend this Pill."

wen88888 February 13, 2018

"This has been one of the best birth controls for me. I don’t get any cramping, bloating, pain, weight gain and my periods were very light and short (2-3 days). My skin was really clear. I don’t think it messed with my libido but I do think it made me a lot drier during intercourse. I was on it for about almost 2 years, stopped taking it because I was dealing with other health concerns, but thinking about starting back on it. The only inconvenience is taking it in the same time frame, but it’s the pill so..."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 30, 2017

"I LOVE this pill. I've tried several and always ended up with decreased sex drive, depression, and anxiety. None with this. After 2 months of taking this at the exact same time everyday, my periods went away and stayed gone for years. Who the heck wants a period?? Yay! The only reason I have to stop is because I'm having trouble fighting an infection in my mouth and my dentist said progesterone can make that more difficult. It's very important to take this one at the same time everyday - set an alarm and keep your pills in your purse so they're always handy. Taking these at random times will cause random bleeding or periods."

TiffanyCC November 14, 2017

"I have been on this medication for almost 2 months and am ready to stop! I have had 3 periods since October 13th along with pain in my legs while walking and even laying down! The worst part is I am flipping out over every little thing, been fighting with my boyfriend since starting this pill because my emotions are way out of control. I am calling Dr tomorrow to find another option"

KAMR November 13, 2017

"You should be very attentive to your body and well-being when taking this medication. It can cause significant weight gain, it can cause overall body aches and pains (headaches, sciatica pain, ankle and knee pain, muscle pain, tingling sensations from your nerves), tiredness, dizziness and moodiness. If you start getting these symptoms, I would recommend that you stop this medication immediately. From my experience, I can tell you that your symptoms will only get worse the longer you take it. Ortho Micronor made me feel like my was spiraling out of control with health issues. I was unable to sleep at night due to the pain shooting down my leg, my ankles felt like they were going to break when walking, and I gained a good bit of weight. I was absolutely miserable and at my breaking point when I decided to stop this pill. Note that is was my choice, not my doctors choice, to stop this medication. They never worried about this medication causing issues and no questions were ever asked on what could be the cause of my problems. On the plus side, I did notice a significant difference within two days after being off of this pill. I had no more leg pain or ankle pain. I'm not gaining weight any longer. Overall, my health is improving and I'm working on losing the weight I put on from being on the pill. I would recommend you pay very close attention to your symptoms and not let them get out of hand as I did. You are the only one that knows your body. I truly feel this medication would have continued to cause issues (if not killed me) had I stayed on it."

Be Cautious (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 28, 2017

"Symptoms: Weight gain, weight gain, weight gain, overall body pain, bloating, dizziness, tiredness...After years of taking this medication, I became extremely miserable and had to backtrack to find the cause. I rated this a 10 because it is an effective birth control for many reasons. Plus side: Symptoms disappear after you stop this medication."

FortySomething August 30, 2017

"Well I wish I had read these reviews before trying this new birth control. My doctor recommended it to minimize side effects associated with other pills. I got pregnant within months of switching. My doctor said it was because I must've taken a dose at the wrong time. True, I didn't realize there was only a three hour window. This is different than every other type of birth control pill!!!! And this important difference is not highlighted in patient training in my experience. Now I've taken the pill religiously for last two months, and I just found out I am pregnant again! I am devastated. This birth-control is not effective. Beware. Please note that I took Ocella and Ortho Tri-Cyclen for over 22 years before making the switch. I never had any problems. Do not trust this pill!"

TotallyDevasted (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 24, 2017

"Since April my period has been one week on then the next week off , then so on. And now I've been bleeding for 23 days straight. This is terrible."

Beckka Arnold July 20, 2017

"Horrible pill that should be discontinued. I've never spotted so much in my life while being on any pill until I got on this one..and not to mention it gave me a period at least every other week. I'd rather stay on the combination pills from now on."

Shae88 July 18, 2017

"I started the pill not to long ago and I haven't had any problems besides bloating."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2017

"I love Micronor. I have been on it for 2 years, and I'm about to get off it cause I want kids. For the first 3 months, I had some side effects ( tender breast, bloating, cramping, breakthrough bleeding) But after those 3 months, it was PER-FECT! No symptoms, no mood swings ( unless PMS), and sometimes, I would just not have my period, which was fun on summertime. I had tried Alesse, Yaz, Nuvaring, all of them giving me the worst headaches and weightgain. On Micronor, no weight gain, I was dieting so I managed to go from 130 to 115 pounds in two years on that pill. :)"

Mommy2go (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 6, 2017

"So, I can't say how well this actually works because I was trying it out to balance my hormones and make some gut problems less painful. However, I've been on it 4 days and just have been feeling cramping and bloating. That has made my gut issue worse. If you don't have gut issues already, this may work for you!"

cowhow February 17, 2017

"I was another mini pill and bled daily so went to the family planning clinic and they put me on this. Initially I went through the range of side effects including nausea, pmt etc but that was just for a couple of weeks. I have been on it for 5 months and it's fine. I still get a period but it's a lot lighter than it was before as I have a fibroid. I have unprotected sex and no issues so far."

Ldee22 January 20, 2017

"Really happy with this pill. I had been on cerazette which caused 3 months of continual spotting. As soon as I switched to micronor it stopped and now I only get 2 days of light bleeding a month, with no adverse side-effects. :)"

Bexy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 14, 2017

"I was put on micronor 4 months ago because I had headache with previous pills. I am about ready to stop this also last month I had break through spotting for 2 1/2 weeks. This month 4 days prior to the end of the pack I developed abdominal cramps I mean really bad and a lot of breast tenderness now I've been bleeding very heavy with terrible cramps for 3 days . This is the worst!!! Confused"

Miss 75th st January 12, 2017

"I have been on this pill for about 5 months now. I still have a period even though you aren't supposed to get one with this pill. My periods used to be 3-4 days but now they're a long 7-8 days. My periods were regular but now they are irregular. But as for birth control, this works pretty well. I take it every day at the same time and have never missed a pill. I do feel nauseated when I take it without a meal. I've always had hormonal acne but it has not made it any worse. The only con to this pill is that you feel bloated all the time. I've had unprotected sex and protected sex with this pill and have had no babies."

kdd17 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2016

"I am on this medication as I get migraines with an aura...preferred something I had control over vs an IUD. No major issues- no acne no weight gain no pregnancy. Regular period. I have to take this pill at the same time everyday (more than 15 minutes off can cause period to come early or not at all). That is my biggest complaint however set an alarm on your phone to remind you and you should be fine. I notice my PMS symptoms are much worse since starting this pill (moody, nauseous, sore breasts and bloated 1 week before period). My cramps are worse on this pill than before however completely manageable."

TTJJ21 December 16, 2016

"i stop taking this pill after taking it for 4 years.... I completely stop pms for an entire year so... i finally got off, because i actually want kids some day and i don't want to become STERILE..."

sweet key update (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 25, 2016

"I was put on this because combo birth control made me super dizzy with migraines and throwing up. I was super nervous to take this pill because of the reviews. However, so far this is the only pill that has worked! I do have cramps randomly and I am bloated a lot. No migraines or dizzyness! It does mess up your period though! Mine is never regular."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 23, 2016

"I've been taking this pill for over a year now and I must say out of 3 different birth control pills I have taken this one seems to be the best! Skin didn't break out and did not gain or lose any weight. For months at a time I didn't get no period and that was awesome because my cramps on period are terrible so that was a plus. Honestly I is probably different for each individual but for my self a 19 year old girl at the time weighing 110pounds felt great I do recommend"

Microsoft awesome (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 26, 2016

"first time to take borth control pills.. today was my first pill of micronor and after taking the pill by 6 hrs .. I started to get a lot of cramps but even more that I used to get with my period.. I don t know if this will continue or no ... I will take it for few more days and if this continued i will stop."

dodzz August 30, 2016