User Reviews for Ortho Micronor

Learn more about Ortho Micronor.

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 9 reviews 162 medications

6.8
Birth Control 55 reviews 281 medications

Endometriosis 1 reviews 160 medications

Summary of Ortho Micronor reviews 66 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Ortho Micronor

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "This is a great pill it stops the bleeding but does give you a regular period every twenty eight days. The only con is that my breast get real tender and swell."

Jademill August 12, 2016

For Birth Control "I started taking Micronor pill after the Cerell pill didn't agree with me. I was on Micronor for 3 weeks and had to stop it, I was getting different side effects, my breasts were so sore I could barely touch them and I was getting cramp constantly (upto the point I was taking tablets every four hours) and then I started getting really weird cramps which I can only describe as contractions, I felt hot and sweaty with these pains and felt like I was going to pass out, I stopped taking it after I had 3 of these attacks as it was making me feel unwell. Has anyone else had this side effect on Micronor pill? I haven't had any since stopping this pill. The only good thing about it was it did actually stop the bleeding."

Hayley84 (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been on plenty of birth control methods.. From the ring, patch, IUD and pills. Nothing seemed to work , then (as a health care professional) I decided to research and try Norethindrone (ortho Micronor) .. This was the best decision, sharobel and Micronor are my favorites! No weight gain (like I've had on others), no anxiety issues/depression..sex drive is the same. I will NOT go back to anything else! I'm so grateful "

BriiRoma1 June 30, 2016

For Birth Control "Before this I tried one mini pill and had mood swings/break outs. Then tried combined pill (lucette) and gained weight rapidly-even went up a cup size in a week. As a result, I felt depressed because of my weight gain. I then tried the IUD, intercourse felt like being stabbed internally and I had bleeding everyday for four months with flesh clots. Although my gp claimed this wasn't because of the IUD, they eventually removed it due to an ovarian cyst. Within days all side effects stopped, but my gp put me on Cerelle, which made me have insane mood swings and depression. This is the first pill with no side effects other than light breakthrough bleeding every few months."

Cammychestnut June 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I got switched to this because I get auras with my migraines. It gave me menstrual migraines, and periods every other week. My periods were heavier, longer and a lot more painful. I don't really have PMS, but on this drug, I get mood swings, painful constipation, acne and a sore genital tract. The menstrual migraines went away after three months, the first month the period pain went away. Over the course of 18 months, my vaginal discharge disappeared. It made sex so painful that it's impossible. It also cause stress incontinence. I've been off it for six months and the lack of discharge still a problem because I'm apparently not allowed to have any type of estrogen."

Tired Lady (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been off of Micronor birth control for a little over a year now and I still do not have regular periods. I had to go off of it because it was giving me headaches, gained a lot of weight on it (even though my eating habits stayed the same), I was extremely forgetful while taking it. It's heartbreaking for my husband and I as we are TTC currently but I only get me period maybe every 4 months since stopping Micronor."

JFROSIE May 11, 2016

For Birth Control "My doctor prescribed Micronor because I experienced depression and migraines with other pills. So far, so good - the first two months were totally fine, I didn't notice any changes to anything. This month I have had a little breast tenderness, but not significantly, and a couple of days light breakthrough bleeding. I have regular unprotected sex and so far, no babies... I'm happy with this drug and plan to keep using it until I want a baby."

gilou (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2016

For Birth Control "This was great for me, didn't get any periods and I didn't gain any weight. Only thing is I had a little more acne than normal but I had no pregnancy using this, its good if you don't wanna get pregnant"

fhwloc (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I'm 41 and have had heavy periods for 3 years. I was bleeding for 10 straight days before seeing my OB. I did test and vaginal ultrasounds and and my OB says everything looks fine. She put me on Micronor bcs of my HBP and bcs of my age. I was having break through bleeding for 3 weeks after starting on Micronor. After the 3 weeks, I guess I had my period bcs it was heavier. I still had a little spotting afterwards and thankfully it tampered off after a few days. Now no blood, it stopped and I'm period free. I'm now on my first week of my second pack. I don't really have any side effects, just a little hungrier but no weight gain yet. My complexion is fine, no mood swings, my sex life is fine, no depression either."

VenusThai May 6, 2016

For Birth Control "Nothing but spotting headaches and dizziness!! Hate it can't find anything suitable other than the implant :("

Jazzzzz May 2, 2016

For Birth Control "Absolutely horrendous the worst birth control I've ever been on. It made me lose a lot of weight every birth control made me lose weight but this one made me lose the most I was only 8 St to begin with so couldn't afford to lose weight. It caused me to have depression over my weight loss anxiety. Sore chest sore ribs. Extremely hungry moody no periods. Blurred vision heart palpatations and more. I am currently 1 week into not taking it and already feel better my period has returned"

Emma l April 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I've read a lot of the other reviews because I have been having trouble with anger and frustration and it is over little things that shouldn't normally bother me so I wondered if it was micronor. I have been taking it for three months now. It's the first pill I have used for contraception, and like a lot of other women here, I was recommended this one because I have a history of migraines. My periods haven't stopped and aren't any heavier. I don't get cramps much any more. So that's a bonus. No visible weight gain and no bad skin. The only thing I really noticed is breast tenderness for the first month pretty much constantly but it wasn't unmanageable. I think give it time, it's affects change over time"

Hdshire (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been taking this pill since Fall 2012, no pregnancies, no side effects, no periods, well sometimes irregular (that I kind of worry about sometimes, but I was really irregular before the pill so..) My BF and I have also been using the pull out method all of this time to no pregnancies at all..."

sweetkey (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I started using micronor because I heard it lacked estrogen and I heard it was a healthier method of birth control. I'm surprised by all the poor reviews because I had absolutely no problem with this pill. I'm 5"4 and 120 pounds, and I never work out. I had no weight gain, no depression/moodiness, no lowered Lobito, etc. So don't get scared off by the reviews, everybody's different. I combined this medication with a condom, because I've heard its common to get pregnant on this pill. For that reason I'm ending my use this month (after 8-9 months) and switching to the combined pill Alesse, because I wanna try condomless sex with my partner. Give it a try :) you can always stop using it if you have issues."

Sarah the University Student (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I was prescribed micronor because I get migraines and I can't take combination birth control. I have had ZERO side effects aside from my period stopping, which is ideal (for me). I've been taking it for about a year now while with my long-term partner and we have a lot of unprotected sex and I haven't gotten pregnant."

Teet (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 16, 2016

For Birth Control "I had a blood clot during my first pregnancy and this is the only thing they could prescribe. I have been taking it for 7 days and I'm moody, crampy, my face broke out (I have clear skin),no sex drive, spacey, I'm extremely tired and I'm so overly hungry. I'm very athletic so it's frustrating. Birth control is ridiculous. I have never found a good one. Even the IUD moved twice! Where the hell is male birth control?"

Neonsnow February 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I am not allowed to take a combo pill because I have migraines. I started micronor and it has been terrible. I get my period every two weeks, my breasts are extremely sore all of the time and I'm constantly spotting. I am also irritable, moody and have cramps all of the time. Before I started it my period was always on time...predictable to the hour it started. I don't think it's worth bleeding constantly and being irritable and depressed...so I have stopped. Back to condoms it is."

Jabba Puff Puff February 5, 2016

For Birth Control "Second time trying this pill first time was awesome no periods at all but this time around (2 years later) I'm having breakthrough bleeding and I'm noticing I'm more moody than usual. I'm going to finish my pack off, I don't like it so then I'm going to try something different"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2016

For Birth Control "The very next morning after I started taking this birth control I started very heavy bleeding which was accompanied by big thick clots. I started it at my 6 week post partum appaointment after seeing Dr and every thing was clear and looked good. I had not been bleeding at all. I am exclusively breastfeeding so only reason I decided to take this one. I have no doubts of its effectiveness of preventing pregnancy, but I have only ever had a baby when trying. I think personally for me the side effects were too much. I was effected by so many of them in such a short time. Increased hunger, non stop bleeding, sore breasts, breaking out on face, and I'm 30yo, don't need that. Seen dr again and no problems still, just pill. I stopped and very next day bleeding stopped"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this bc for 2 and a half weeks and so far the only thing that I have experienced is breast tenderness and more tired than usual. I'll give another update after a month. I take it the same time every night around 12 midnight."

Anonymous January 27, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been taking this pill for the past 3 years. I had been on a different pill before that uses a different combo of hormones. I started Micronor because the other birth control made me have high levels of anxiety. Ever since I switched it has been great! No pregnancies and I honestly do not take it at the same time every night. Anywhere between 9pm and 1am. It has in fact stopped my period which is worrisome sometimes because it tells you you're not pregnant; however, I was very irregular even before birth control. To everyone there I love this product!"

Em34 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 5, 2016

For Endometriosis "First 4 months I had a period every 2 weeks, extreme bloating (15lbs), very tender breasts but those all went away. After this my periods evened out to every 28 days. I had some mild acne and my PMS and cramps were very, very mild. About a year in I went off these pills because I was very depressed and suicidal. I had also developed severe insomnia, social anxiety and was constantly freezing. Within days of being off these pills my depression disappeared (I have never been depressed before), I'm warm at a temperature below 78degrees and I can sleep. I can't have estrogen so these pills were a god send for my severe PMS and cramps, but the mental side effects were horrible and developed slowly. Be careful."

Ablossom (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 27, 2015

For Birth Control "I just started birth control again and after a bad experience with the combo pill, my doctor recommend the mini or micronor. While I have noticed a slight weight gain (5 lbs) my biggest concern is how tender my breasts are! Constantly tender to the touch, not just around the time I am going to start. I have no problem remembering to take the pill, my sex drive hasn't changed and my periods are only two days long. I have experienced some acne but besides the tender breasts and acne I'm a happy camper. I'll most likely stay on this for a while!"

College student (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on this for 2 weeks now. My doctor put me on this bc of the no estrogen and I was suffering from postpartum anxiety. It makes me extremely bloated and I have gained 9lbs. I have no sex drive and still am moody. I am planning on stopping this week. Not worth the additional weight gain after birth and the excess bloat is crazy!!! My mood swings are weird as well."

Gigismom0920 December 4, 2015

For Birth Control "Worked for 6 years no problem.....then got pregnant."

M1ssm4x December 1, 2015