User Reviews for Nora-Be

Learn more about Nora-Be.

Endometriosis 3 reviews 167 medications

Birth Control 60 reviews 296 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 14 reviews 169 medications

4.9
Summary of Nora-Be reviews 77 reviews 5.3

Reviews for Nora-Be

For Birth Control "I am back on this birth control after not being on anything for a few years but my periods were becoming such a nuisance with my busy schedule (9 days of heavy bleeding and clots). Due to my migraines with aura I can't take anything with estrogen in it. I'm not sure if I'm an anomaly or why there are such terrible reviews as I no longer have periods at all. It completely stopped my cycle but I have to make sure to take it at exactly the same time each day. I still feel like myself - without the mood swings or crying. I am slightly more fatigued at night and fall asleep earlier which might be a good thing. My vaginal discharge is thicker. I've actually noticed my acne improving and haven't noticed any weight changes."

Whitney K March 10, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "In the past I did not take any form of birth control, due to the high hormone levels. I have recently had to be put on the Nora-Be for abnormal bleeding, unbelievable cramps and just all over debilitating monthly experiences. I have been on the "mini pill" for 2 months so far. First month period was still painful but only 2 days and not the full 7, there was very little clotting and I could still function in daily life. Not bed ridden with a heating pad or ingesting a whole bottle of pain killers. It is now month 2 and my cycle should of started 4 days ago. I'm not worried one bit that it hasn't!! LOL. I have had no headaches, no neck pain no discomfort at all. Can't really say if my weight loss is due to the pill or diet and exercise."

SJaber March 6, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was prescribed Nora b after being off of birth control for 15yrs.... I always had normal periods on time to a tee now I am getting my period for 9 days.... I'm stopping this med right away....especially after reading all those reviews on in between period bleeding"

MayMay0930 February 28, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Well, ever since I was 13 my periods were not normal they would last for more than a week, I would get horrible side effects such as nausea, cravings, cramps you name it. I got extremely tired of it and I was prescribe to Nora-Be it's been good to me. I started it while on my period I only bled for two days! Not even bad! It was a small spot and done I felt so relieved!!! I noticed no weight gain and I felt great, I get no side effects from it but if I do which is rare it's breast pain. I recommend this, but of course everyone's body is different!!! ps I've been on it for ages"

Samantha Belmontes (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I switched to Nora b because I was experiencing bad head aches on combination hormone bc. The head aches stopped but I bleed multiple times a month. It's terrible. It feels like I never get a break from my period. I'm on day three of the placebo pills and I still haven't bleed too. I'm definitely switching to a different medicine."

Sarahg111 February 14, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Hated every minute of this birth control. Stopped after 3 months, constant period and bought tampons every week!! Totally not worth it."

Kittykitty84 January 16, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Endometriosis "I started Nora Be in April of 2016 because of severe cramping, vomiting, cysts that came especially burdensome with each menstrual cycle. It is now December of 2016 and I can say my pain and cramping has decreased to a much more livable situation. However, weight gain, laziness, anxiety and depression have all increased so much. I definitely do not want to go back to the pain but am thinking of trying to go without for a bit to see what happens."

SallyAnn86 December 18, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on the mini pill for a couple of years now, and while I don't like it as much as I liked my previous BC, it is the appropriate method for me right now. Because I have migraines, my doctor did not want me on a combined pill due to increased risk of stroke. I will eventually switch to the copper IUD when I have a job where I can handle the heavy periods it MAY cause. For now, I am not prepared to deal with heavy periods due to my job description and hours so I will stick with the mini pill since my periods are pretty short and light (albeit unpredictable). My worst side effect is breakthrough bleeding or surprise periods, usually from being late for a pill. Compared to previous combination BCP, I have had fewer side effects."

Stanna December 16, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been in this mini pill about 2 months now. I must say it has really been a challenge for me. So week one I waited until my period was over to start the pack. 2 days later I started my period all over again. Which I was told. It's called breakthrough bleeding. So that went on for 3 more days. Started week 2 of my pack on Tuesday. I started all over again. 3 days bleeding. 3rd week same thing Famous Tuesday same thing. But I kept on taking the pill I was told my body has to get used to it. 4th week to my surprise no show Tuesday of that week. I was excited. Started the new pack .And Famous Tuesday all over again. This time I guess this was my regular period. And I have been on my period for over a week maybe I need something else."

JJ.branno (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Very bad side effects; my Dr. recommended this pill because I wanted to avoid weight gain and have reliable birth control. I took it for 9 days. During that time, I gained almost 10lbs; my normal weight is 120. My chest is hugely swollen and very painful. Stopped taking it and still waiting to get back to normal."

Scuba Chick November 15, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've been on Nora-Be for about a year now and there are a few things I can say. The first one is I am so happy to have found a birth control that (for me) has very little negative side effects. With that being said there are two things I've noticed a few months into taking this, one is I have noticed an increase in pimples and my skin has gotten a bit more oily and the second one is my body hair (underarms, legs especially) seems to be growing much faster. All in all these side effects barely bother me in comparison with what I've had to deal with on other birth controls."

Emkmay November 6, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Horrible experience with this medicine!!! Now granted, I didn't get pregnant so I guess you could say it was "effective". BUT the frickin mood swings that go along with it!!! I was constantly worried about EVERYTHING. I would go from being in a great mood to down in the dumps depressed within minutes. I would get so frustrated I would *embarrassingly* almost punch my husband during any tiny argument. I also had a headache almost everyday. I have noticed a lot of reviews mention weight gain, I can't say I experienced that per-say but I do notice that after a couple of weeks off of it I have stop craving carbs as much. Good luck to ya if you do try this medication. Just monitor moods"

emilined (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 29, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have "white coat syndrome", therefore my gyno felt that the mini pill made sense due to high blood pressure. I originally wanted a combo birth control to help with acne. I asked her about side effects and I guess I could have researched more, but since she said it was the only option besides an iud. I've been on it for 7 weeks now and at first the mini pill was wonderful. My period was shorter and less cramping. Since then, my skin has been broken out since it increases oil production. I look terrible. I can't have sex since I've been bleeding for 2 weeks since my period started. It's not breakthrough bleeding- it's like another period. My mood isn't effected, but I feel less confident because I'm either retaining water or gaining weight."

Errrrr (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 18, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I started this pill when I first had my son. It was great at first and I experienced zero side effects. Then everything hit at once. My periods are almost constant, I've gained a crazy amount of weight even though I do heavy cardio 4 times a week and eat a healthy, vegan diet. I really liked this pill but it's inconvenient for long term use. I really can't wait to discontinue using it."

Dante_the_demented September 28, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I started taking Nora after I had my daughter. I started Nora because I decided to breastfeed. It's been 3 months and I bleed like 26 days out of the month. I HATE IT! Major weight gain, I'm a few pounds away from my pregnancy weight at 8 months. I have never been this heavy and I'm so uncomfortable. I decided to stop taking it yesterday :("

BriSan September 28, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was prescribed Nora BE back in March of this year. Prior to taking this I never had an irregular monthly cycle. Every month before I knew my cycle like clockwork. I started taking Nora because I was recently married and my husband and I were not ready for a child of our own just yet. Within the first few months I hated it. I experienced acne, mood swings and my cycle would come on at weird times and stay on for 7-10 days as opposed to my usual 3 - 5 days. I told my doctor I didn't like it and she suggested I stick with it because it takes at least 3 months for my body to adjust. My cycle came on and I have bled everyday for 1 solid month. I trashed the pills and pray my body can eventually rid the horomone. rids birth by preventing sex."

Jess Nelson September 15, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on Nora Be for 2.5 years. Previously had taken combination pill, then was off BC for a while. Started Nora Be to alleviate my heavy painful periods. At first I was pleased because it helped the physical side effects of my cycle. But I noticed less and less regular periods (expected) with tons of other physical symptoms. Weight gain, acne, anxiousness, depression, fatigue, and BLOATING. I was so bloated all the time. I would have these horrible emotional PMS symptoms for like 3 weeks, spot for 2-3 days, normal for a week, and then back to the horrible symptoms. I just couldn't deal with it anymore - it was affecting every area of my life. On the plus side, I didn't get pregnant. I stopped taking it 6 months ago and feel great."

pengwen333 September 13, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started taking this pill after i had my son, the dr prescribed this pill because i breastfeed. I have been on the pill for almost a year now and i have a period twice a month and im not talking about spotting or light bleeding.. i have a heavy period every time. I know everyone has different experiences but i would not recommend this pill."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 13, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have been on Nora for about 8 mos. It has been a positive experience. Everyone is different; the way hormones affect you will be different; I felt that on combo pills with estrogen (particularly the 2 years I spent on Microgestin, yikes), I experienced consistent depression, anxiety, weight gain. I just think the way estrogen affects MY body/brain is not good. So i tried a progestin only pill. Negatives: your period is (somewhat) inconsistent. mine has still been a normal period, 4-5 days, it's just not as easy to plan as combo pill. I do miss being able to skip periods like on the combo pills, but not feeling emotional all the time is worth it. Have to take pill at same time daily within an hour or so. Set an alarm, and it's easy!"

JTM12 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 13, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I'm 26 and I switched from a combination pill to Nora be and I hated it. I was on it for 7 months and at first it was ok for the first 2 months then I started having 2 or 3 periods in one month for 7 days At a time. I have had extreme mood swings,depression, and major weight gain. I don't use scales because they are discouraging but if I had to guess I would say I've gained 15 to 20 pounds if not more. I eat healthy and exercise at least 2 to 3 times a week. I have decided to try out a diaphragm. I'm done with hormones. Ladies these hormones are no good for us. Even though they are effective for birth control its not worth emotional and physical distress. My advice try a non-hormonal method."

Candace p August 6, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have a very light abnormal bleeding after intercourse and was prescribed Nora be, I was so scared of taking this due to the fact that I've taken the patch, the shot and the combo pill and they all sucked, they all caused weight gain, hair loss and moodiness and my period lasted FOREVER. So I expected no less from this pill. But to my surprise my period stopped when it was supposed too, no bloat, weight gain or hair loss so far. Guess my body doesn't agree with extra estrogen so protestrian it is. If you have a bad experience with all these estrogen bc's I suggest giving this a try. Only thing I hate about it is taking it everyday at the same time but dealing with that rather then the estrogen side effect is minor."

Happy with it July 18, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I mean I love the pill the only problem I seem to have with it is headaches and trying to remember to take it every day at the same time.... But I havnt had a problem with the other side effects at all sense being on it and have only been on it for two months."

I love it so far (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 14, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Took this for the better part of 10 years as I can't take estrogen (19-29) and had zero major issues. I got my period consistently every month except one. Had some of the more mild side effects like moodiness and nausea around my period. I still ovulated almost every month. I do think there are some other side effects I may notice as I'm coming off of it now to try to get pregnant, but nothing has been severe enough to interfere with my quality of life or comfort."

AndiPark87 July 6, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "34 yo; overweight; pcos: I went to the doc for bc because my pcos was causing abnormal bleeding again. I wasn't prescribed a combo pill because I've had migraine before and was assured Nora-Be would stop the prolonged bleeding I was experiencing. Nope. My flow increased dramatically on day 3, I've had stronger cramps than I've ever experienced before, my whole body is swollen (feet and legs especially), my mood and energy has plummeted, and my frustration has increased After much research I've discovered that the progestin norethindrone is the worst kind for pcos."

Anonymous June 30, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Horrible birth control. I can't take regular birth control due to having breast cancer in my 20s. So they gave me this...severe cramps from the beginning and horrible back pain. It made me miserable, some say to wait it out but I stopped it in the first week. I would rather run my risk with regular birth control than to ever take Nora be again."

CarolineN13 (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2016