User Reviews for Nora-Be

Learn more about Nora-Be.

Birth Control 47 reviews 281 medications

5.4
Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 10 reviews 162 medications

4.5
Endometriosis 2 reviews 160 medications

4.5
Summary of Nora-Be reviews 59 reviews 4.8

Reviews for Nora-Be

For Birth Control "I have been on Nora for about 8 mos. It has been a positive experience. Everyone is different; the way hormones affect you will be different; I felt that on combo pills with estrogen (particularly the 2 years I spent on Microgestin, yikes), I experienced consistent depression, anxiety, weight gain. I just think the way estrogen affects MY body/brain is not good. So i tried a progestin only pill. Negatives: your period is (somewhat) inconsistent. mine has still been a normal period, 4-5 days, it's just not as easy to plan as combo pill. I do miss being able to skip periods like on the combo pills, but not feeling emotional all the time is worth it. Have to take pill at same time daily within an hour or so. Set an alarm, and it's easy!"

JTM12 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 13, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm 26 and I switched from a combination pill to Nora be and I hated it. I was on it for 7 months and at first it was ok for the first 2 months then I started having 2 or 3 periods in one month for 7 days At a time. I have had extreme mood swings,depression, and major weight gain. I don't use scales because they are discouraging but if I had to guess I would say I've gained 15 to 20 pounds if not more. I eat healthy and exercise at least 2 to 3 times a week. I have decided to try out a diaphragm. I'm done with hormones. Ladies these hormones are no good for us. Even though they are effective for birth control its not worth emotional and physical distress. My advice try a non-hormonal method."

Candace p August 6, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have a very light abnormal bleeding after intercourse and was prescribed Nora be, I was so scared of taking this due to the fact that I've taken the patch, the shot and the combo pill and they all sucked, they all caused weight gain, hair loss and moodiness and my period lasted FOREVER. So I expected no less from this pill. But to my surprise my period stopped when it was supposed too, no bloat, weight gain or hair loss so far. Guess my body doesn't agree with extra estrogen so protestrian it is. If you have a bad experience with all these estrogen bc's I suggest giving this a try. Only thing I hate about it is taking it everyday at the same time but dealing with that rather then the estrogen side effect is minor."

Happy with it July 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I mean I love the pill the only problem I seem to have with it is headaches and trying to remember to take it every day at the same time.... But I havnt had a problem with the other side effects at all sense being on it and have only been on it for two months."

I love it so far (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 14, 2016

For Birth Control "Took this for the better part of 10 years as I can't take estrogen (19-29) and had zero major issues. I got my period consistently every month except one. Had some of the more mild side effects like moodiness and nausea around my period. I still ovulated almost every month. I do think there are some other side effects I may notice as I'm coming off of it now to try to get pregnant, but nothing has been severe enough to interfere with my quality of life or comfort."

AndiPark87 July 6, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "34 yo; overweight; pcos: I went to the doc for bc because my pcos was causing abnormal bleeding again. I wasn't prescribed a combo pill because I've had migraine before and was assured Nora-Be would stop the prolonged bleeding I was experiencing. Nope. My flow increased dramatically on day 3, I've had stronger cramps than I've ever experienced before, my whole body is swollen (feet and legs especially), my mood and energy has plummeted, and my frustration has increased After much research I've discovered that the progestin norethindrone is the worst kind for pcos."

Anonymous June 30, 2016

For Birth Control "Horrible birth control. I can't take regular birth control due to having breast cancer in my 20s. So they gave me this...severe cramps from the beginning and horrible back pain. It made me miserable, some say to wait it out but I stopped it in the first week. I would rather run my risk with regular birth control than to ever take Nora be again."

CarolineN13 (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2016

For Birth Control "After having my first son I went on the mini pill because I was nursing him. I was on it for about two years and the side effects were minimal. However, I'm on it again now while breastfeeding and I've noticed a lot more side effects. The facial hair growth is ridiculous. I have to pluck my chin like once a week. I suspect it's also causing my moods to change. I feel manic depressive. I go from feeling great to feeling suicidal within the same two hour period. Overall, it's doing what it's supposed to do. I haven't gotten pregnant. But maybe it's not worth it. Tracking my period and avoiding not ovulation really isn't that hard."

ClaraOswin (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 18, 2016

For Birth Control "DONT LET THESE REVIEWS SCARE YOU! Every one is different 9 times out of 10 ppl who like this pill won't even share their experience its just the ones who don't like it! It's great I'm 24 and have had no period no symptoms what so ever. I'm already on anxiety meds but I don't take them and this doesn't change a thing in my mood I'm fine 100% I love this PILL-no weight gain either. Happy pill hunting!"

MamaJen (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 2, 2016

For Birth Control "I just stated a .35 mg dose today to treat ovarian cysts related to endometriosis. Awful! I took it with toast and two hours later felt tingling in my face, was itchy, disoriented, had a headache, a sore throat, felt anxious and dizzy. After reading other reviews it seems like this crap disaster pill only worked for one woman ever. Never take it. I'm 38 and otherwise very healthy. Drugs. No thank you."

Nora-NO May 23, 2016

For Birth Control "Started this medication about 7 months ago. At first I loved it. The side effects were minimal and it completely ended my period. A few months in, I began to experience constipation. Then the bloating came. My eating habits haven't changed and I only put on 5lbs., yet my stomach is huge. It's uncomfortable and it's to the point where I'm so self conscious over it that I'm stopping the pill today. I look pregnant and my clothes aren't fitting properly. It's not a good look."

Drea107 May 13, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm on the minipill and have never had any issues. My insurance switched me to this one and right away, I've experienced nearly all the side effects! I am trying to switch to a different minipill now to stop all the side effects and feel normal again! What I've experienced: breakthrough heavy bleeding the second week of pills, no period during last week of pills, nausea, headaches, weight gain, acne, cramping, and just an overall feeling of not feeling well."

no luck with nora May 9, 2016

For Birth Control "Well, I initially went on his birth control to regulate my hormones - lots of breakouts lately and moodswings. I've been on the patch, ortho-triclen-lo and yaz before - all of them I had bad side effects with. I can say for sure Nora-Be calmed my breakouts and moodswings which is great....but it definitely gave me a heavy period, bloating, fatigue, depression, aloofness, itchy/dryness, and tender breasts. The pros do not outweigh the cons in this case so I will be going off. Also, I just read about the ovarian cyst side effects...not worth it!"

Jess C (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2016

For Endometriosis "Ok almost 3 months into taking Nora Be and I'm back with an update... So I had break through bleeding first 2 months but slowly went away. You have to make sure to take pill exact same time every day. I've lost weight, typically looking at BC makes me gain weight. All the pain and bleeding I had for years with endo is gone. I haven't been taking week 4 pills and jumping to a new pack but I just read somewhere that pop don't have placebo pill so the 4th week is also hormone? I'm not 100% on that yet. Ok back to side effects... No more acne, bug skin feels dry. I'm dry everywhere unfortunately. Small price to pay for pain free, cyst free existence. No headaches, no nausea, no more break through bleeding. Will update in anklet month..."

Kitty1313 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I would not recommend this pill for anyone, not any progesterone only pill. Bloating that makes me look 3 months pregnant, constipation, 50 pounds of weight gain in under 2 years that won't exercise off, skin feeling too tight all the time, headaches, fatigue, appetite is weird, constipation and diahhrea, mood swings, hot and cold flashes, and a never ending period. Medical staff all say it's normal and can't be the pill...so it's all in my head. I stopped this pill 2 nights ago and lost a third of my stomach as the bloating is decreasing. Stay away from these pills!"

DevilinTexas79 April 24, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm 39. Have 3kids. I had been using the nuva ring for several years and loved it. No problems. But because of my age,having diabetes my doctor put me on Nora be. I just got off my cycle,started this pill and 3days later I start bleeding again and have been for 5days and I mean extremely bad going through a pad and tampon every 30min. I have read other reviews and see this is common but I have had good swings,headaches, dizziness, cramps,bloating, increase appetite and heart flutters. I'm not taking this BC anymore. I'm done having kids now anyway so I think I'll just Tie my tubes and not go through or worry about this anymore."

Lilbit! April 8, 2016

For Endometriosis "I started this pill in November 2015 and now in April of '16 I am FED UP! I have horrible bloating, gas, constipation every day (worsening in the evenings.) I've gained over 10 pounds and my abdomen looks like I'm 3 months pregnant. I'm 45 and have no more plans for children. I can't exercise this weight off either! My back is covered in pimples and my chest area has them also. I've noticed a decrease in my appetite (mainly in the evenings) yet I'm gaining weight. I have fatigue and completely random periods. My doctor, for the record told me that these symptoms I was having were not related to my pill!! So, needless to say, I'm finding a new Dr. Peri-menopause stinks!!! You young ladies, exercise while you can and enjoy that body!"

DeeeeeNaaaaaa April 7, 2016

For Birth Control "HATE HATE HATE HATE this pill. I had to get on this because my bp was a little high on 2 of my visits. No one seems to have any real answers to my questions. Nurses just say the same thing i read online. No schedule so you can have period 2x a month or none at all. Could last 5 days or longer. You never know when you are truly off your period. i have been on for i guess you can say 2 months cause this is my 2nd pack that i am almost finishing. Imagine my surprise when i go out to movies and use the restroom theres blood on my panties. What a way to end date night. Does anyone know of any other progestrin only pill that is more regulated?"

TJRS (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm 25, I was put on this pill 8 months ago because I've been breastfeeding. Since starting the pill I've gotten horrible acne, I'm bloated and gassy all day, every day, I'm extremely moody, my period is typically every 14 days with the occasional 5-7 week break (very rare though) and very heavy with horrible cramps, and I've gained 14 lbs; I was losing lots of my baby weight until I started this pill, since I've started this pill it doesn't matter how much diet and exercise I do, I can't lose the weight... I will never recommended this pill and will never go back on it!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 24, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "47, given to thin uterine lining. Can't take it, gives me all day migraines, nausea, and vomiting. :( medroxyprogesterone worked better for me because I didn't have the debilitating effects."

MHSan Diego (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "39/ no kids. I have always had issues with taking BC, estrogen makes me a moody, bloated beast. I was diagnosed with endo 5 years ago. Got IUD w/ hormone, worked for 2 years and I've been bleeding now off and on for months. Was just in to see my OB last week and he suggested Nora-BE. At first I was hesitant but he explained that the progesterone dosage is the same as IUD and a fraction of the hormone compared to the progesterone pills. I've taken it for a week here and there to shrink cysts. So I said ok. Took my first pill last night. Today I was more calm and patient, no appetite at all. Will post update in a few days."

Kitty1313 (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2016

For Birth Control "Been using this birth control for 8 days and I've been bleeding like a waterfall the whole time.is this normal?"

shan1979 (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I have taken Nora Be 0.35 for 3 months. I have experienced heart palpitations and heart fluttering in my stomach. This seems to occur in the morning and evenings. My periods start on my second week of each new pack. I have had headaches behind my eyes and some weight gain. I plan to discontinue this medication to see if my symptoms go away. I'm 47 and seeking a better form of birth control."

Hedrickkim (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2016

For Birth Control "Awful. Horrendous mood swings. Depression. Anxiety. Night sweats."

AlleyCat1114 February 9, 2016

For Birth Control "Awful!!! Worst acne of my life, heavy periods, weight gain, and discharge. Been taking for 3 months and stopped now for a week face is finally clearing up. Won't take it again."

Jenrose91 January 19, 2016