User Reviews for Nora-Be

Not Listed / Other

1 review
Summary of Nora-Be reviews 4.9 100 reviews

Reviews for Nora-Be

For Birth Control "I had non-stop heavy bleeding for 3 months straight while taking Nora Be. We are talking soaking through a jumbo overnight pad AND a jumbo tampon within an hour. Also, I was passing massive clots the whole time. Talk about an effective means of birth control! There’s no way I wanted to have sex under those conditions. My doc kept telling me it would take a few months for my body to adjust, but I think 4 months is plenty to know that the uncontrollable bleeding isn’t going to stop any time soon. I stopped taking the pill and my bleeding stopped within 2 days."

Blanket (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I'm on day 4 of Nora Be... I started the first day of my period. I am verrrry sensitive to all medicines. I thought this would be a good option. Since combination pills made my hair fall out. Day 4 and I've notice reoccurring headaches.... I know it's a side effect listed. Birth control makes me cry... It's 2018 why haven't we found a more natural form. The Copper IUD was horrible as well I don't recommend it at all I thought it was "natural" but it's not. Other than Nora Be I like it but the head aches suck. Maybe I just need to exercise...."

Spiritcon (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking this after my IUD came out and my doctor advised that this was a safe pill for me since I have a history of elevated BP. Upon starting taking the pill, my breasts became incredibly tender and none of my bras would fit. After about 3 months on this, I gained about 20 pounds even while following a healthy diet and exercising regularly. I would also bleed every other week and had constant mood swings. It did it’s job though, I didn’t get pregnant but the side effects, I felt, ended up being too much for me to deal with."

KayGan February 21, 2018

For Birth Control "By far THE WORST birth control I have ever taken!!!!!!! I'm 33 years old and have tried several brands and never ever reacted as horribly as I did on Nora-Be! It made me suffer from terrible migraines, bad stomach aches, mood swings, nausea, some dizziness and all on a daily basis. The worst part of it was the humongous cystic acne it caused all over my face. Unfortunately it was the only b.c. I could consume since I was breastfeeding but after 4 months I just had to put an end to my misery and discontinue it. Especially after the bad stomach aches that caused bloody stool. What the heck??! This pill should be illegal."

Alejandra13 January 12, 2018

For Amenorrhea "So let's just start with the fact I'm trans (FTM) and that I was on another medication right before this. Went to my doctor to switch medication to stop horrible mood swings, headaches, nausea etc, the Nora BE was prescribed started a period 15 days after my original December one. It's now day 7 of this period (mine used to be 3-5 days mind that) and its just rubbish. I was told it'd thin out my lining so then I don't have a period EVER again, but now I don't believe them and I'm gonna email my doctor about it because she said it WOULDN'T do what it's currently doing to me. She even said because it'd stop the periods, I'd stop feeling so much dysphoria around my gender...haha that's a lie."

nickoli January 3, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started on nora-be end of middle of August 2017. I got immediate results from having severe debilitating migraines and heavy periods went from super harsh 7-8 days huge clots heavy bleeding painful cramps bloating to 5-6 days lighter flow clots small pass only 1 large, I had no cramps and didn't even know period came on! So much energy no cravings! No migraines only light head pressure but I did have sensitivity to light that has gotten much worse. November was not good. My migraines came back, but not near as bad as before and my period back to 8 days. December not good period cramps minor, migraine moderate auras, bad fatigued again period 14 days and back on now for the last 5 light steady flow. I'm going to try extreme diet change with exercise to go along with pill bc it did so well"

Mekce December 26, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been on Nora-BE for 2 years now. I had tried other combination pills to help with my abnormal heavy bleeding and had adverse side effects (High blood pressure, mood swings, acne, bloating) There is no estrogren in Nora-BE, so my blood pressure went back to normal once I was on it. I find that my PMS is much more stable and my complexion even cleared up on it. No issues with weight gain or hair loss. It took about 6 months for my period to stabilize but now I have a 4 day very manageable cycle instead of 7 days of extremely heavy and clotty bleeding. Nora-Be has changed my life! Highly recommended."

Briolette (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 7, 2017

For Birth Control "Haven't been on a pill in 8 years... Since I started it 5 w ago I've gotten acne, stomach pains, cramps but most of all, I am angry, sad, all symptoms of PPD. I have history of depression and that makes it highly common to experience depression of signs of PPD as on the side effects list of Nora Be. I will never take this again, I have a cloud over my brain, I yell at my children, angry at my husband for having freedom to leave without 2 kids, anxiety, paranoid. My family doesn't deserve it and I don't deserve to feel this way just to prevent a 3rd child."

Lo Nicole (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2017

For Birth Control "I started this medication a few months ago and mentally, this pill is perfect for me! I’m not moody, no depressive episodes, no anxiety, nothing. Physically, it’s awful for me. I’ve gained 10lbs in a couple of months, I’m insanely bloated, I always have pressure in my lower abdomen and my my hair is thinning out like crazy! My hair comes out with ease in the shower; more than usual."

EPeay November 12, 2017

For Birth Control "I began taking this BC Pill because I was breastfeeding. I am no longer breastfeeding. While on Nora-BE I had a lot of painful acne and breakthrough bleeding. I had to wear a pad every day and especially after intercourse. On a good note it definitely prevented pregnancy."

:) (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 20, 2017

For Birth Control "This is honestly the worst birth control I've ever been on. I've been on several types and have never experienced acne like I did on Nora be. I stayed on it for 9 months, hoping it would get better but it didn't. It caused me to have painful cystic acne all over my face, the worst was by my mouth and chin. I had such bad cramps during my period that I was in tears. I just changed birth controls and these symptoms have gone away completely. I don't know why I had such a bad effect from it, but please keep in mind you don't have to suffer for months like I did."

Taybee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 30, 2017

For Birth Control "So far I have had more anxiety and I feel random pains I only been on this for a week now"

Anonymous September 25, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Can't say I love it but I kind of like it. First the BAD: my first month taking this was the absolute worst. I was beyond exhausted everyday and felt like I could fall asleep at any given moment (thankfully this has subsided). Also I noticed that I have blemishes that show up on my neck and jawline randomly once in a while ever since taking this. They're not terrible but I've never had this before. Finally, taking the pill at the same time everyday can be torture. Now the GOOD: I have not had a period or any PMS symptoms since taking this. I also have read that certain birth controls can alter hair and weight for some women but mine stayed the same while on this."

brep (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2017

For Birth Control "I just stopped taking this birth control due to the negative side effects I have experienced. It caused me to have severe headaches every single day, mainly behind my eyes. I also felt moody and depressed. I would not recommend."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 17, 2017

For Birth Control "After having a baby I needed to go on a birth control that was safe to take while breast-feeding. I also, needed something that was estrogen free due to my history with cyst in my breast and could be less likely to cause cyst and cancer. So, my OB recommended this and said its the only safe BC pill to take while breast-feeding. As soon as I started taking it I started bleeding, around 10 days. So far, after a few months the only down fall seemed to be 2 possible periods per month and sometimes it the bleeding could be lengthy, however, I dealt with it and stayed on the pill. Next thing ) I started breaking out in what looked like hives on my neck, chin and face. It was really bad for a month!! I went to Dermo and told to stop taking immediately!!"

Nora Birth Control Feedback (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2017

For Birth Control "24 yr old female. I've been on this pill for a year and I have been on various other pills since 17. This one is one of my more favorite pills. Hardly any acne, no weight gain, no moodiness. I pretty much feel like myself except I get no periods at all, like going on 8 months now. So I talked with my OB/GYN and I want to get my monthly cycle back so I'm switching back to a pill I had previously. Nothing was wrong with this pill, and I loved that it was estrogen free, but the lack of periods was disconcerting."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 9, 2017

For Birth Control "I've gotten pregnant on this twice. (Second time because I didn't realize they put me on the same one as before.) Can't lose weight. Acne is terrible. Cramping is terrible. Made my period extremely irregular."

Meh. (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 16, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on this medicine for 2 weeks now. The only thing I've noticed so far is that I did bloat a lot more than usual during my period. I also have little head aches almost everyday, but they only last for 10 minutes at most. I've managed to eat a pint of ice cream every single night and still loose weight. The only downfall of this medicine is it makes me very angry."

J4yb0n3s May 31, 2017

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for years because of my migraines with aura. After two years, I had gained like thirty pounds (without ever changing my habits) and started experiencing constant spotting. Basically I'm on my period like 70% of the month. The doctors highly suggested I switch to an IUD but I'm just not down with it. So I stopped taking the birth control and everything went back to normal pretty quickly. I was also able to drop fifteen pounds. I began taking the pill again after a six-month break about two months ago. Sure enough, the weight AND the constant spotting has returned. I think I better stop with this pill altogether. Lame."

PeachyApril May 24, 2017

For Birth Control "I've been on this for about 7 months, I hate it and ready to go to another pill. When I started taking it I felt pregnant, I've gained about 15 lbs since, last month had light spotting for 2 weeks. I will not recommend this pill."

Anonymous April 28, 2017

For Birth Control "This has by far been the worst birth control I have ever had. I have a constant headache almost daily ever since I started taking it. My breasts reduced in size, I have gained massive amounts of weight. And it makes you angrier than ever."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2017

For Birth Control "This pill is amazing!!!! As long as I TAKE THE PILL ON TIME EVERYDAY, I have no issues!!! My doctor said I need to stay within the same 1 hour window for taking the pill EVERY DAY. As soon as I got on schedule and sent my phone alarm, my life has become WONDERFUL!!! Best BC I've ever been on. My husband sure thinks so. Lol"

Mrsdhall (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2017

For Birth Control "I am back on this birth control after not being on anything for a few years but my periods were becoming such a nuisance with my busy schedule (9 days of heavy bleeding and clots). Due to my migraines with aura I can't take anything with estrogen in it. I'm not sure if I'm an anomaly or why there are such terrible reviews as I no longer have periods at all. It completely stopped my cycle but I have to make sure to take it at exactly the same time each day. I still feel like myself - without the mood swings or crying. I am slightly more fatigued at night and fall asleep earlier which might be a good thing. My vaginal discharge is thicker. I've actually noticed my acne improving and haven't noticed any weight changes."

Whitney K March 10, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "In the past I did not take any form of birth control, due to the high hormone levels. I have recently had to be put on the Nora-Be for abnormal bleeding, unbelievable cramps and just all over debilitating monthly experiences. I have been on the "mini pill" for 2 months so far. First month period was still painful but only 2 days and not the full 7, there was very little clotting and I could still function in daily life. Not bed ridden with a heating pad or ingesting a whole bottle of pain killers. It is now month 2 and my cycle should of started 4 days ago. I'm not worried one bit that it hasn't!! LOL. I have had no headaches, no neck pain no discomfort at all. Can't really say if my weight loss is due to the pill or diet and exercise."

SJaber March 6, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was prescribed Nora b after being off of birth control for 15yrs.... I always had normal periods on time to a tee now I am getting my period for 9 days.... I'm stopping this med right away....especially after reading all those reviews on in between period bleeding"

MayMay0930 February 28, 2017