User Reviews for Nora-Be

Nora-Be has an average rating of 4.5 out of 10 from a total of 140 ratings on Drugs.com. 27% of those users who reviewed Nora-Be reported a positive effect, while 47% reported a negative effect.

Birth Control
Amenorrhea
Summary of Nora-Be reviews 4.5 140 reviews

Reviews for Nora-Be

Kbmoore98 · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 21, 2021

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on birth control for 5 years now I was started out on Cryselle for 3 years. I generally liked it but it made me extremely paranoid and depressed. A new doctor then changed me to Nora-BE. I bled for a month straight, horrible headaches, and started having terribly acne. I called my doctor they told me it was not the pill and they basically wouldn’t change me to a different one. So I just stayed on Nora-BE hoping my body would get used to it. I’ve been on it for 2 years now my periods are now so irregular (roughly every 2 months)and absolutely painful. It is giving me horrible cystic acne and it is causing me to have UTI’s. I have never had acne until now and it is painful so I have finally decided to stop taking it and I DO NOT recommend this pill to anyone. I feel so naive I didn’t realize that this pill was causing all of this until now. I give this a 2 rating because it did prevent pregnancy but it is no where worth the suffering that it has caused.”

Prickly · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 10, 2021

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “It’s been 75 days of constant bleeding - from a few days of using a pantyliner with a few spots of brown blood to couple days of needing medium pad for red blood then back to spotting then back to slightly heavier bleed. Basically non stop spotting and bleeding. And I’m sick of using hygiene products EVERY DAY.”

Ivy April 10, 2021

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “Started Nora B , took 4 daysand noticed heavier period, horrible bloating. I have a heavy period due to fibroids so was trying this to reduce period. This made my period even heavier! Horrible painful cramps even with ibuprofen and huge clots, I had a very big clot and felt really shaky, horrible like the flu. I went to the ER! Pretty much saying I felt like rubbish from anemia, but I've had anemia a long time and just figured out I had it, always felt ok, not this horrible. Was afraid to quit taking it so took two more nights and last night horrible cramping, hot and cold flashes so bad, felt like the flu and could not sleep. Noticed pains when I first started it, around ovary area. 2nd day was a headache, not bad, just abnormal and felt rubbish. Stopping today after 6 days. Going to obgyn in a few days. I will not try hormones ever again, Wasn't on any for 15 years.”

Issa December 29, 2020

For Birth Control: “I was switched to Nora-Be from generic Beyaz. I have horrible issues with estrogen (mainly caused my PCOS and PMDD) and so I needed a progestin only option. Currently on pack one and will update again in a few months but it’s amazing how much my PMDD/intrusive thoughts have decreased since starting this. No issues with acne or weight so far. Birth control is so individual that it can be trial and error to see what works. There are so many different kinds of progestin that certain ones you swear by may be awful for other women. This is just my current experience with Nora-Be, will be back to update!”

Bri · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 23, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I'm a little surprised at the negative reviews but I understand everyone is different. I was put on Nora-Be due to extremely heavy periods in my mid 30's. I have been on this pill for 5 years now and am quite pleased with the efficacy. While I still have a cycle (some people will stop having a period once taking Nora-be) it is significantly lighter. Once in a blue moon I would get breakthrough bleeding but that all stopped after the first month of taking Nora-be. I feel my mood has been more stable since before the pill and it has not affected my weight at all.”

Lulu · Taken for less than 1 month December 27, 2020

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “This is the most awful birth control pill I’ve ever taken in my entire life, and I’ve tried several. I took it exactly on time every day for one week. Starting with day 3, I had a constant headache, nausea, acne, pain in my legs, generalized pain in my body (back, joints, etc). By day 5 I was bleeding a little, then by day 7 I was bleeding a LOT - like if someone just drew blood straight from my arm and dumped it in the toilet. It wasn’t even like normal period blood it was so bright red and thin. And on top of the other symptoms, I was dizzy and had cramping, too. It also gave me intense hot flashes and a slight fever, I was sweating practically all the time, and I would wake up several times a night. AWFUL I would absolutely never recommend this pill to anyone. If I could give it negative stars, I would.”

Amanda M. · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 10, 2015

For Birth Control: “I love this birth control! I have struggled since I was 16 with finding a birth control that was right for me. I have had so many issues with abnormal bleeding, mood swings, weight gain etc, and have not liked the fact that the long term effects of birth control can lead to heart disease, blood clots and more. This birth control has changed my life. I have lost all of my mood swings, I feel so much better in general, I have lost weight and most of all ladies my sex drive is THROUGH THE ROOF. Not that me or my husband are complaining. It's been a very nice thing. All you have to do is take it every day at the same time. And no matter how busy your schedule you can set a simple alarm on your phone. Try this pill! You won't regret it!”

MamaJen · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 2, 2016

For Birth Control: “DONT LET THESE REVIEWS SCARE YOU! Every one is different 9 times out of 10 ppl who like this pill won't even share their experience its just the ones who don't like it! It's great I'm 24 and have had no period no symptoms what so ever. I'm already on anxiety meds but I don't take them and this doesn't change a thing in my mood I'm fine 100% I love this PILL-no weight gain either. Happy pill hunting!”

Whitney K March 10, 2017

For Birth Control: “I am back on this birth control after not being on anything for a few years but my periods were becoming such a nuisance with my busy schedule (9 days of heavy bleeding and clots). Due to my migraines with aura I can't take anything with estrogen in it. I'm not sure if I'm an anomaly or why there are such terrible reviews as I no longer have periods at all. It completely stopped my cycle but I have to make sure to take it at exactly the same time each day. I still feel like myself - without the mood swings or crying. I am slightly more fatigued at night and fall asleep earlier which might be a good thing. My vaginal discharge is thicker. I've actually noticed my acne improving and haven't noticed any weight changes.”

Lulu July 12, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “49 years old got on this medication to regulate insanely heavy periods. At 7 weeks I have not yet had a period - yay! However, in the last two weeks I began developing lower abdominal pain and cramping on right side. At times there is a great deal of pressure, causing an urgency to urinate. Very distracting and uncomfortable and has me using the bathroom every hour. My doctor said to try to stick it out but I am getting off of this medication due to these side effects. I read online that progesterone can cause changes and functioning to the GI tract like mine. I also have some nausea and heartburn with this medication so I don't think it is for me. Also noticed my hair falling out at about week 5. Everybody is different, but I think I will try and more natural approach to lightening my periods. Good luck everybody!”

KI · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 18, 2020

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I’ve been on this pill for 2 months now because I couldn’t take the combined pill anymore due to elevated blood pressure. I absolutely hate this pill and am switching to the implant next week. I am on my period all the time (like 3 weeks out of 4) and get terrible cramping constantly. I also get nauseous and feel like I am losing hair. For me this pill is just not working.”

Sammy August 12, 2020

For Birth Control: “I was on another birth control for awhile and I was pretty happy with it, my anxiety relaxed and I was able to be okay and gain a couple pounds but it was healthy amount of pounds. For some reason my birth control had switched and I got the Nora-Be one. My anxiety went from being okay to completely down hill again. My weight was now exceeding way too much I was 116 and now 139, I have also been 114-120 (last year I was 116) for around four years since I have fast metabolism. It also has caused me to get bacterial vaginosis and then caused a UTI because sadly I actually didn’t know I had one for a couple of weeks that I had an infection because I was not very educated on infections since I never had one until taking this birth control. Please if you notice symptoms talk to a doctor or ask for a switch. I understand everyone’s body is different but this pill was not the right one for me.”

Girl Mom September 14, 2020

For Birth Control: “I was prescribed this pill postpartum. I took it for 5 weeks and never got a period. At week 5 I woke up to SEVERE stomach pain/cramps. At first I didn’t know what was causing the stomach pain. After process of elimination I circled it back to this contraceptive. I stopped taking the pill and within 48 hrs the stomach cramps went away. I know everyone’s body reacts differently and this may work for some but the pain seriously felt like contractions and was a little startling at first not knowing why I was in so much pain. I will never take this pill again”

CC · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 7, 2019

For Birth Control: “I started taking Nora-Be over 7 years ago after having my baby. I was breastfeeding at the time and going on this mini pill made sense. Through out the past 7 years I’ve gained 37 pounds. I didn’t change my diet or exercise. I had horrible migraines and sensitivity to light. My hair was falling out like crazy. My periods were so irregular. I would have random bleeding and spotting through out the month. I had horrible mood swings and anxiety. I would feel sad and stressed out for no reason. I had bad insomnia and my blood pressure also increased. I never got pregnant though. I never ever made the connection that Nora Be could be the reason why I was experiencing all these issue. I kept going to the dr through out the years and no one made the connection either. I finally stop taking it 3 days ago. I hope it gets better for me. I’m in the process of losing weight and just being healthier. Everyone is different but I wouldn’t recommend Nora-Be.”

Kitty1313 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 26, 2016

For Endometriosis: “Ok almost 3 months into taking Nora Be and I'm back with an update... So I had break through bleeding first 2 months but slowly went away. You have to make sure to take pill exact same time every day. I've lost weight, typically looking at BC makes me gain weight. All the pain and bleeding I had for years with endo is gone. I haven't been taking week 4 pills and jumping to a new pack but I just read somewhere that pop don't have placebo pill so the 4th week is also hormone? I'm not 100% on that yet. Ok back to side effects... No more acne, bug skin feels dry. I'm dry everywhere unfortunately. Small price to pay for pain free, cyst free existence. No headaches, no nausea, no more break through bleeding. Will update in anklet month...”

colie5265 June 10, 2010

For Birth Control: “I had been on the combined oral pill for many years and had tried many different kinds. I have experience every kind of mood swing possible, severe cramping and abdominal pain, headaches, nausea, heartburn, moodiness, and had severe irritability, and uncontrollable bursts of tears before and during my period! As well as a decrease in libido. I felt out of control! I went to the doctor, she told me I was experiencing PMDD, which is much worse than PMS. She put me on Nora-Be since it only has a synthetic progesterone and no synthetic estrogen (which apparently increase all of the craziness). Only taken for short time, but better already! I have more control of my emotions and my libido is back in overdrive! Breast are tender though.”

Anonymous March 23, 2009

For Birth Control: “I've been on this pill for 4 months. On the plus side, I've had no period since I started. However, I feel nauseous every morning and sometimes during afternoons. The worst are the night sweats. I take the pill at 9pm and am awakened every night at 1am, extremely hot and sticky.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 7, 2013

For Birth Control: “I've been on this pill for about 9 months now, and while I love not having a period and no mood swings. I've had terrible acne, breast tenderness (to the point of walking is painful) and I've put on about 15lbs. I've even increased my exercise and gone on a diet and I'm still putting on weight. ”

K GIRL July 16, 2014

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I have been on Nora-BE for 2 full yrs now, prescribed post D&C for heavy bleeding and birth control. I have bad fibroids. It didn't really help with the bleeding at all. Fibroids won that battle, so I recently had UAE procedure. Night and day! Dr said normal periods would resume 2-4 months after UAE, and to keep taking Nora-BE. Now, 6 mos post UAE, not sure when/if period is coming. Didn't last month at all. Lots of spotting though..maybe this is my period?? But spotting lasts longer than my 5 day period, more like 8-12, kind of annoying. Thought the itchiness was just me, but now that I read other users experience as well... I'm connecting the dots. Definitely weight gain, approx 8-10 lbs. Breast tenderness, acne, questioning whether to continue.”

Np · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 31, 2021

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I used this pill for 4 months due to experiencing abnormal spotting/bleeding. Th pill did not work and I spotted everyday when I wasn’t on my period. My period also lasted for 7-11 days. It was the worst experience I had with birth control. I finally had to agree to get the IUD; hoping it works, day 2. I would not suggest Nora b if you are experiencing abnormal period/spotting.”

Anonymous January 15, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I've only been on this medication 1 wk and I've gained 10lb..I haven't gained weight in over 5yrs. I'm extremely bloated, water retention, headaches and severe cramping..I want to give it a chance but I'm 42 and these symptoms aren't tolerable. I feel bipolar and on edge..I'm scatter brained and very emotional....no bueno!!!”

SJaber March 6, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “In the past I did not take any form of birth control, due to the high hormone levels. I have recently had to be put on the Nora-Be for abnormal bleeding, unbelievable cramps and just all over debilitating monthly experiences. I have been on the "mini pill" for 2 months so far. First month period was still painful but only 2 days and not the full 7, there was very little clotting and I could still function in daily life. Not bed ridden with a heating pad or ingesting a whole bottle of pain killers. It is now month 2 and my cycle should of started 4 days ago. I'm not worried one bit that it hasn't!! LOL. I have had no headaches, no neck pain no discomfort at all. Can't really say if my weight loss is due to the pill or diet and exercise.”

Worry Free Woman July 18, 2009

For Birth Control: “Compared to the full pill, this is fantastic. Side effects are minimal and easy to treat. I experienced some decrease in libido and severe vaginal dryness during my first month, but Replens (available in any drug store) took care of that right away. Works like a charm. I also experienced some water weight gain during the first few weeks, but Diurex helped. My body has adjusted since then and do not need the diuretics anymore. Bottom line, I totally prefer these mild side effects than to deal with the worrying that I'm pregnant every month. But you HAVE to take it at the same time every day. I take it every morning at 7 am, I actually set my alarm. I keep a glass of water on my night table next to the pills. I love being worry free.”

efaith May 21, 2014

For Birth Control: “I have been taking Nora-Be for a year now and have noticed the following side effects: 1. I never knew when I will have my period. On this birth control, it seems to be every 3 months. 2. I have gained about 10 pounds even though I have maintained my normal level of physical activity and diet. Before starting BC I have maintained the same weight for a number of years, and so the weight gain is not welcome. 3. I have experienced minor vision problems. Mostly my eye sight is blurry and sometimes I have difficulty focusing. 4. My breasts have increased in size (probably due to the weight gain). Though I can not really complain about the larger breasts, they are fairly tender-- sometimes uncomfortably so.”

Momoffive January 17, 2019

For Birth Control: “I’m breastfeeding so my doc gave me this med as birth control. I’ve been taking it for almost 2 months. During that time I’ve been extremely gassy, gained about 20 lbs (after losing almost all the baby weight!) with no change in eating habits (generally eating healthy and balanced and exercising) and have felt “blah”. I have not experienced any bleeding-no period, no discharge, no cramping or abdominal pain. I do have breast tenderness. No emotional side effects like mood swings. At first I didn’t realize what was making me feel this way. Thought it was the stress and business involved In taking care of 5 kids. Then when I was taking the pill one morning my husband suggested maybe it was the reason. I went online to see if others also had similar issues. Needless to say I’m making an appointment with my doc to see if she can switch to something else that safe to take during breastfeeding. Hope this feedback helps. ”

Missy · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2019

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “Started 3 nights ago to help with heavy periods. This pill has made me have very heavy clotting~ cramping ~ bleeding through heavy pads every 1 - 1 1/2 hours at night. Went out to lunch yesterday and within 1 hour had soaked a heavy pad and blood down my leg. I’ve only been on this 3 nights and usually by now my period would be almost over ~ I really don’t think I should continue ~ I do not need this for birth control ~ trying to help with heavy periods and this is the worse I’ve had in years. I’ve taken more Advil in last 3 days than in the last 6 months due to heavy cramping. I think I’m stopping this today !!!!”

Kat · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 18, 2019

For Birth Control: “I started taking Nora-Be in January of 2018 for my periods (horrible cramps and heavy periods) and for birth control. Since I've been taking this I haven't really noticed any bad side effects, except maybe my weight gain. In 16 months I have gained 30 pounds. Other than that I haven't had any bad mood swings, acne (other than what I normally have gotten my whole life). I can't take regular birth control with both hormones because there is a history of blood clots in my family. Overall I like this medication. its helped my bleeding and cramping so much.”

Skat · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 17, 2020

For Birth Control: “Used this for birth control. I had a TIA at a young age, so my Doctors prescribed this pill as I can't have the others. I had no issues with it. Maybe loss of appetite, but not a bad thing as I enjoy too much junk food. So overall, this pill helped with obviously birth control, no weird symptoms. Maybe a moment of dizziness, but nothing scary. Plus side, helped me chill out on junk food!”