User Reviews for Nora-Be

Learn more about Nora-Be.

Endometriosis 3 reviews 106 medications

Birth Control 68 reviews 299 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 14 reviews 109 medications

4.9
Summary of Nora-Be reviews 85 reviews 5.3

Reviews for Nora-Be

For Birth Control "After having a baby I needed to go on a birth control that was safe to take while breast-feeding. I also, needed something that was estrogen free due to my history with cyst in my breast and could be less likely to cause cyst and cancer. So, my OB recommended this and said its the only safe BC pill to take while breast-feeding. As soon as I started taking it I started bleeding, around 10 days. So far, after a few months the only down fall seemed to be 2 possible periods per month and sometimes it the bleeding could be lengthy, however, I dealt with it and stayed on the pill. Next thing ) I started breaking out in what looked like hives on my neck, chin and face. It was really bad for a month!! I went to Dermo and told to stop taking immediately!!"

Nora Birth Control Feedback (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "24 yr old female. I've been on this pill for a year and I have been on various other pills since 17. This one is one of my more favorite pills. Hardly any acne, no weight gain, no moodiness. I pretty much feel like myself except I get no periods at all, like going on 8 months now. So I talked with my OB/GYN and I want to get my monthly cycle back so I'm switching back to a pill I had previously. Nothing was wrong with this pill, and I loved that it was estrogen free, but the lack of periods was disconcerting."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've gotten pregnant on this twice. (Second time because I didn't realize they put me on the same one as before.) Can't lose weight. Acne is terrible. Cramping is terrible. Made my period extremely irregular."

Meh. (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this medicine for 2 weeks now. The only thing I've noticed so far is that I did bloat a lot more than usual during my period. I also have little head aches almost everyday, but they only last for 10 minutes at most. I've managed to eat a pint of ice cream every single night and still loose weight. The only downfall of this medicine is it makes me very angry."

J4yb0n3s May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for years because of my migraines with aura. After two years, I had gained like thirty pounds (without ever changing my habits) and started experiencing constant spotting. Basically I'm on my period like 70% of the month. The doctors highly suggested I switch to an IUD but I'm just not down with it. So I stopped taking the birth control and everything went back to normal pretty quickly. I was also able to drop fifteen pounds. I began taking the pill again after a six-month break about two months ago. Sure enough, the weight AND the constant spotting has returned. I think I better stop with this pill altogether. Lame."

PeachyApril May 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this for about 7 months, I hate it and ready to go to another pill. When I started taking it I felt pregnant, I've gained about 15 lbs since, last month had light spotting for 2 weeks. I will not recommend this pill."

Anonymous April 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This has by far been the worst birth control I have ever had. I have a constant headache almost daily ever since I started taking it. My breasts reduced in size, I have gained massive amounts of weight. And it makes you angrier than ever."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "This pill is amazing!!!! As long as I TAKE THE PILL ON TIME EVERYDAY, I have no issues!!! My doctor said I need to stay within the same 1 hour window for taking the pill EVERY DAY. As soon as I got on schedule and sent my phone alarm, my life has become WONDERFUL!!! Best BC I've ever been on. My husband sure thinks so. Lol"

Mrsdhall (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I am back on this birth control after not being on anything for a few years but my periods were becoming such a nuisance with my busy schedule (9 days of heavy bleeding and clots). Due to my migraines with aura I can't take anything with estrogen in it. I'm not sure if I'm an anomaly or why there are such terrible reviews as I no longer have periods at all. It completely stopped my cycle but I have to make sure to take it at exactly the same time each day. I still feel like myself - without the mood swings or crying. I am slightly more fatigued at night and fall asleep earlier which might be a good thing. My vaginal discharge is thicker. I've actually noticed my acne improving and haven't noticed any weight changes."

Whitney K March 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "In the past I did not take any form of birth control, due to the high hormone levels. I have recently had to be put on the Nora-Be for abnormal bleeding, unbelievable cramps and just all over debilitating monthly experiences. I have been on the "mini pill" for 2 months so far. First month period was still painful but only 2 days and not the full 7, there was very little clotting and I could still function in daily life. Not bed ridden with a heating pad or ingesting a whole bottle of pain killers. It is now month 2 and my cycle should of started 4 days ago. I'm not worried one bit that it hasn't!! LOL. I have had no headaches, no neck pain no discomfort at all. Can't really say if my weight loss is due to the pill or diet and exercise."

SJaber March 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was prescribed Nora b after being off of birth control for 15yrs.... I always had normal periods on time to a tee now I am getting my period for 9 days.... I'm stopping this med right away....especially after reading all those reviews on in between period bleeding"

MayMay0930 February 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Well, ever since I was 13 my periods were not normal they would last for more than a week, I would get horrible side effects such as nausea, cravings, cramps you name it. I got extremely tired of it and I was prescribe to Nora-Be it's been good to me. I started it while on my period I only bled for two days! Not even bad! It was a small spot and done I felt so relieved!!! I noticed no weight gain and I felt great, I get no side effects from it but if I do which is rare it's breast pain. I recommend this, but of course everyone's body is different!!! ps I've been on it for ages"

Samantha Belmontes (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I switched to Nora b because I was experiencing bad head aches on combination hormone bc. The head aches stopped but I bleed multiple times a month. It's terrible. It feels like I never get a break from my period. I'm on day three of the placebo pills and I still haven't bleed too. I'm definitely switching to a different medicine."

Sarahg111 February 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Hated every minute of this birth control. Stopped after 3 months, constant period and bought tampons every week!! Totally not worth it."

Kittykitty84 January 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Endometriosis "I started Nora Be in April of 2016 because of severe cramping, vomiting, cysts that came especially burdensome with each menstrual cycle. It is now December of 2016 and I can say my pain and cramping has decreased to a much more livable situation. However, weight gain, laziness, anxiety and depression have all increased so much. I definitely do not want to go back to the pain but am thinking of trying to go without for a bit to see what happens."

SallyAnn86 December 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been on the mini pill for a couple of years now, and while I don't like it as much as I liked my previous BC, it is the appropriate method for me right now. Because I have migraines, my doctor did not want me on a combined pill due to increased risk of stroke. I will eventually switch to the copper IUD when I have a job where I can handle the heavy periods it MAY cause. For now, I am not prepared to deal with heavy periods due to my job description and hours so I will stick with the mini pill since my periods are pretty short and light (albeit unpredictable). My worst side effect is breakthrough bleeding or surprise periods, usually from being late for a pill. Compared to previous combination BCP, I have had fewer side effects."

Stanna December 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have been in this mini pill about 2 months now. I must say it has really been a challenge for me. So week one I waited until my period was over to start the pack. 2 days later I started my period all over again. Which I was told. It's called breakthrough bleeding. So that went on for 3 more days. Started week 2 of my pack on Tuesday. I started all over again. 3 days bleeding. 3rd week same thing Famous Tuesday same thing. But I kept on taking the pill I was told my body has to get used to it. 4th week to my surprise no show Tuesday of that week. I was excited. Started the new pack .And Famous Tuesday all over again. This time I guess this was my regular period. And I have been on my period for over a week maybe I need something else."

JJ.branno (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Very bad side effects; my Dr. recommended this pill because I wanted to avoid weight gain and have reliable birth control. I took it for 9 days. During that time, I gained almost 10lbs; my normal weight is 120. My chest is hugely swollen and very painful. Stopped taking it and still waiting to get back to normal."

Scuba Chick November 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on Nora-Be for about a year now and there are a few things I can say. The first one is I am so happy to have found a birth control that (for me) has very little negative side effects. With that being said there are two things I've noticed a few months into taking this, one is I have noticed an increase in pimples and my skin has gotten a bit more oily and the second one is my body hair (underarms, legs especially) seems to be growing much faster. All in all these side effects barely bother me in comparison with what I've had to deal with on other birth controls."

Emkmay November 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Horrible experience with this medicine!!! Now granted, I didn't get pregnant so I guess you could say it was "effective". BUT the frickin mood swings that go along with it!!! I was constantly worried about EVERYTHING. I would go from being in a great mood to down in the dumps depressed within minutes. I would get so frustrated I would *embarrassingly* almost punch my husband during any tiny argument. I also had a headache almost everyday. I have noticed a lot of reviews mention weight gain, I can't say I experienced that per-say but I do notice that after a couple of weeks off of it I have stop craving carbs as much. Good luck to ya if you do try this medication. Just monitor moods"

emilined (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have "white coat syndrome", therefore my gyno felt that the mini pill made sense due to high blood pressure. I originally wanted a combo birth control to help with acne. I asked her about side effects and I guess I could have researched more, but since she said it was the only option besides an iud. I've been on it for 7 weeks now and at first the mini pill was wonderful. My period was shorter and less cramping. Since then, my skin has been broken out since it increases oil production. I look terrible. I can't have sex since I've been bleeding for 2 weeks since my period started. It's not breakthrough bleeding- it's like another period. My mood isn't effected, but I feel less confident because I'm either retaining water or gaining weight."

Errrrr (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started this pill when I first had my son. It was great at first and I experienced zero side effects. Then everything hit at once. My periods are almost constant, I've gained a crazy amount of weight even though I do heavy cardio 4 times a week and eat a healthy, vegan diet. I really liked this pill but it's inconvenient for long term use. I really can't wait to discontinue using it."

Dante_the_demented September 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started taking Nora after I had my daughter. I started Nora because I decided to breastfeed. It's been 3 months and I bleed like 26 days out of the month. I HATE IT! Major weight gain, I'm a few pounds away from my pregnancy weight at 8 months. I have never been this heavy and I'm so uncomfortable. I decided to stop taking it yesterday :("

BriSan September 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was prescribed Nora BE back in March of this year. Prior to taking this I never had an irregular monthly cycle. Every month before I knew my cycle like clockwork. I started taking Nora because I was recently married and my husband and I were not ready for a child of our own just yet. Within the first few months I hated it. I experienced acne, mood swings and my cycle would come on at weird times and stay on for 7-10 days as opposed to my usual 3 - 5 days. I told my doctor I didn't like it and she suggested I stick with it because it takes at least 3 months for my body to adjust. My cycle came on and I have bled everyday for 1 solid month. I trashed the pills and pray my body can eventually rid the horomone. rids birth by preventing sex."

Jess Nelson September 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was on Nora Be for 2.5 years. Previously had taken combination pill, then was off BC for a while. Started Nora Be to alleviate my heavy painful periods. At first I was pleased because it helped the physical side effects of my cycle. But I noticed less and less regular periods (expected) with tons of other physical symptoms. Weight gain, acne, anxiousness, depression, fatigue, and BLOATING. I was so bloated all the time. I would have these horrible emotional PMS symptoms for like 3 weeks, spot for 2-3 days, normal for a week, and then back to the horrible symptoms. I just couldn't deal with it anymore - it was affecting every area of my life. On the plus side, I didn't get pregnant. I stopped taking it 6 months ago and feel great."

pengwen333 September 13, 2016