User Reviews for Nora-Be

4.8

Amenorrhea

Summary of Nora-Be reviews 5.0 106 reviews

Reviews for Nora-Be

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "First of all, everyone will have their own unique experience with birth control. My experience with this BC was pretty good. When I first started taking it, I felt a little dizzy and nauseous for about a week. I began taking this BC to treat for heavy periods. It definitely reduced my bleeding, as needed. It also cleared up my acne and levelled my mood. What I didn’t like was the unpredictability of my cycle. Sometimes I would go 3 months with no period...sometimes I would have 26 day cycles. Sometimes I would go a month or two feeling great. Sometimes I would have PMS symptoms (mostly bloating, tender breasts, and some cramping) for months. Knowing this BC is not as effective for preventing pregnancy, several times I felt like I might be pregnant and I stressed about it a lot. After 2.5 years of taking this BC, I decided I wanted something that makes my cycle more predictable and more effective. I’m now taking a low dose conventional BC and I feel so much better."

Furstin (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for 1.5 years now after being on the combination pill for almost 10 years. It does its job by preventing pregnancy and I no longer get the intense, debilitating migraines that I had while on the combo pill but I will say that my acne and oily skin has increased. It's not all over but it seems like I always have one that will randomly pop up on my face and back every other week (WHYY??) and I also need an oil blotting sheet every other hour or so. I have never had a period or spotting while on this, nor have I had any PMS signs. Which is kind of nice but it can also make me second guess whether I am pregnant.. When I first started it, I was scary exhausted for the first 3-4 weeks. It was as if I could fall asleep at any given minute during the day. But after that I adjusted to it. It's kind of a meh pill but does what it's suppose to!"

emy (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 21, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on Nora -be now for 2 years and it’s work good but it gave me Most has of the side effects: blurred vision breast pain changes in menstrual period chills dark urine decreased vision diarrhea difficulty with swallowing discouragement dizziness double vision feeling sad or empty general tiredness and weakness headache heavy non-menstrual vaginal bleeding hives light vaginal bleeding between regular menstrual periods loss of interest or pleasure migraine headache nausea and vomiting It’s reall makes me feel sad all the time even in the happiest times I can’t feel happy any more ."

Diala (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 18, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I’ve been taking this for 4 years. I like it well enough. I do have abnormal periods though and it didn’t help my existing acne problem but I have never gotten any crazy side effects from it! And it has prevented pregnancy thus far. The regular pill was causing migraine so this was a great alternative for me."

Bbbb (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 15, 2018

"I was put onto Nora-BE for Fibrocystic Breast Disease (FCB), and this has helped drastically! Nothing seemed to have worked; all sorts of vitamins, pain relievers, etc. Doctor was almost certain that the pain I was experiencing was as a result of hormones. I have been on this BC for about 2 months. Pros: no more breast pain, hormones are balanced Cons: HEAVY periods, acne"

vb85520 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2018

For Amenorrhea "So I was on Nora-Be for 2 years I gained like 40 lbs no change I eating habits. It was supposed to replace my previous birth control pill Yaz which I think worked way better. After starting pill my periods became longer 7 days or more it was 3-5 days I also had almost constant spotting have to wear pad all the time. I recently stopped due to all these reasons my biggest reason I had crippling depression, anxiety, extreme fatigue, abdominal pain. Almost immediately after stopping the pill my depression and stomach pain went away. I now have the energy to work on loosing the weight. Do no recommend this Pill and has to be taken at the exact same time very inconvenient."

Angie (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I have been on Nora-Be for about two years now. I really love this birth control. I have tried a combo pill before but it made my migraines worse. I am happy to say that this birth control doesn't make my migraines any more severe, and I'm thinking it might even help control them. While on this my periods have lightened as well. Instead of the 7 or 8 days of heavy bleeding, I now bleed a little less over a span of 4 to 5 days. I get very light occasional spotting in between periods but nothing my normal underwear wouldn't catch. The effectiveness of this is very well also. I have not gotten pregnant in the two years I've been on it. I've even missed a couple of days of it after having sex. That's risky, so don't try it! But this stuff really works and I am beyond happy with it."

Smorg (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 24, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have fibroids and was given Nora Be to help with heavy periods. I’ve been on the pill maybe 15 years. It has made my periods at times non existent to random, but that never bothered me. Throughout these years I have had issues with weight gain and excessive hair shedding but never thought it was because of the pill (although living a vegetarian lifestyle with moderate excercise). I got off the pill to get pregnant and of course throughout my pregnancy. Interestingly, I immediately began losing a lot of weight and my hair never looked better. Now the great hair was due to the increase of blood flow due to being pregnant, but not the weight loss. At the end of my pregnancy, I weighted 30 lbs less than the start, even though the doctors had me on a high calorie diet. I got back on Nora Be after delivery and gained a lot of weight over the years. I never thought to look up other experiences until now. I think I will stop using Nora Be and see how it goes."

Coco April 21, 2018

For Birth Control "I had non-stop heavy bleeding for 3 months straight while taking Nora Be. We are talking soaking through a jumbo overnight pad AND a jumbo tampon within an hour. Also, I was passing massive clots the whole time. Talk about an effective means of birth control! There’s no way I wanted to have sex under those conditions. My doc kept telling me it would take a few months for my body to adjust, but I think 4 months is plenty to know that the uncontrollable bleeding isn’t going to stop any time soon. I stopped taking the pill and my bleeding stopped within 2 days."

Blanket (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I'm on day 4 of Nora Be... I started the first day of my period. I am verrrry sensitive to all medicines. I thought this would be a good option. Since combination pills made my hair fall out. Day 4 and I've notice reoccurring headaches.... I know it's a side effect listed. Birth control makes me cry... It's 2018 why haven't we found a more natural form. The Copper IUD was horrible as well I don't recommend it at all I thought it was "natural" but it's not. Other than Nora Be I like it but the head aches suck. Maybe I just need to exercise...."

Spiritcon (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2018

For Birth Control "I started taking this after my IUD came out and my doctor advised that this was a safe pill for me since I have a history of elevated BP. Upon starting taking the pill, my breasts became incredibly tender and none of my bras would fit. After about 3 months on this, I gained about 20 pounds even while following a healthy diet and exercising regularly. I would also bleed every other week and had constant mood swings. It did it’s job though, I didn’t get pregnant but the side effects, I felt, ended up being too much for me to deal with."

KayGan February 21, 2018

For Birth Control "By far THE WORST birth control I have ever taken!!!!!!! I'm 33 years old and have tried several brands and never ever reacted as horribly as I did on Nora-Be! It made me suffer from terrible migraines, bad stomach aches, mood swings, nausea, some dizziness and all on a daily basis. The worst part of it was the humongous cystic acne it caused all over my face. Unfortunately it was the only b.c. I could consume since I was breastfeeding but after 4 months I just had to put an end to my misery and discontinue it. Especially after the bad stomach aches that caused bloody stool. What the heck??! This pill should be illegal."

Alejandra13 January 12, 2018

For Amenorrhea "So let's just start with the fact I'm trans (FTM) and that I was on another medication right before this. Went to my doctor to switch medication to stop horrible mood swings, headaches, nausea etc, the Nora BE was prescribed started a period 15 days after my original December one. It's now day 7 of this period (mine used to be 3-5 days mind that) and its just rubbish. I was told it'd thin out my lining so then I don't have a period EVER again, but now I don't believe them and I'm gonna email my doctor about it because she said it WOULDN'T do what it's currently doing to me. She even said because it'd stop the periods, I'd stop feeling so much dysphoria around my gender...haha that's a lie."

nickoli January 3, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started on nora-be end of middle of August 2017. I got immediate results from having severe debilitating migraines and heavy periods went from super harsh 7-8 days huge clots heavy bleeding painful cramps bloating to 5-6 days lighter flow clots small pass only 1 large, I had no cramps and didn't even know period came on! So much energy no cravings! No migraines only light head pressure but I did have sensitivity to light that has gotten much worse. November was not good. My migraines came back, but not near as bad as before and my period back to 8 days. December not good period cramps minor, migraine moderate auras, bad fatigued again period 14 days and back on now for the last 5 light steady flow. I'm going to try extreme diet change with exercise to go along with pill bc it did so well"

Mekce December 26, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been on Nora-BE for 2 years now. I had tried other combination pills to help with my abnormal heavy bleeding and had adverse side effects (High blood pressure, mood swings, acne, bloating) There is no estrogren in Nora-BE, so my blood pressure went back to normal once I was on it. I find that my PMS is much more stable and my complexion even cleared up on it. No issues with weight gain or hair loss. It took about 6 months for my period to stabilize but now I have a 4 day very manageable cycle instead of 7 days of extremely heavy and clotty bleeding. Nora-Be has changed my life! Highly recommended."

Briolette (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 7, 2017

For Birth Control "Haven't been on a pill in 8 years... Since I started it 5 w ago I've gotten acne, stomach pains, cramps but most of all, I am angry, sad, all symptoms of PPD. I have history of depression and that makes it highly common to experience depression of signs of PPD as on the side effects list of Nora Be. I will never take this again, I have a cloud over my brain, I yell at my children, angry at my husband for having freedom to leave without 2 kids, anxiety, paranoid. My family doesn't deserve it and I don't deserve to feel this way just to prevent a 3rd child."

Lo Nicole (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2017

For Birth Control "I started this medication a few months ago and mentally, this pill is perfect for me! I’m not moody, no depressive episodes, no anxiety, nothing. Physically, it’s awful for me. I’ve gained 10lbs in a couple of months, I’m insanely bloated, I always have pressure in my lower abdomen and my my hair is thinning out like crazy! My hair comes out with ease in the shower; more than usual."

EPeay November 12, 2017

For Birth Control "I began taking this BC Pill because I was breastfeeding. I am no longer breastfeeding. While on Nora-BE I had a lot of painful acne and breakthrough bleeding. I had to wear a pad every day and especially after intercourse. On a good note it definitely prevented pregnancy."

:) (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 20, 2017

For Birth Control "This is honestly the worst birth control I've ever been on. I've been on several types and have never experienced acne like I did on Nora be. I stayed on it for 9 months, hoping it would get better but it didn't. It caused me to have painful cystic acne all over my face, the worst was by my mouth and chin. I had such bad cramps during my period that I was in tears. I just changed birth controls and these symptoms have gone away completely. I don't know why I had such a bad effect from it, but please keep in mind you don't have to suffer for months like I did."

Taybee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 30, 2017

For Birth Control "So far I have had more anxiety and I feel random pains I only been on this for a week now"

Anonymous September 25, 2017

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Can't say I love it but I kind of like it. First the BAD: my first month taking this was the absolute worst. I was beyond exhausted everyday and felt like I could fall asleep at any given moment (thankfully this has subsided). Also I noticed that I have blemishes that show up on my neck and jawline randomly once in a while ever since taking this. They're not terrible but I've never had this before. Finally, taking the pill at the same time everyday can be torture. Now the GOOD: I have not had a period or any PMS symptoms since taking this. I also have read that certain birth controls can alter hair and weight for some women but mine stayed the same while on this."

brep (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2017

For Birth Control "I just stopped taking this birth control due to the negative side effects I have experienced. It caused me to have severe headaches every single day, mainly behind my eyes. I also felt moody and depressed. I would not recommend."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 17, 2017

For Birth Control "After having a baby I needed to go on a birth control that was safe to take while breast-feeding. I also, needed something that was estrogen free due to my history with cyst in my breast and could be less likely to cause cyst and cancer. So, my OB recommended this and said its the only safe BC pill to take while breast-feeding. As soon as I started taking it I started bleeding, around 10 days. So far, after a few months the only down fall seemed to be 2 possible periods per month and sometimes it the bleeding could be lengthy, however, I dealt with it and stayed on the pill. Next thing ) I started breaking out in what looked like hives on my neck, chin and face. It was really bad for a month!! I went to Dermo and told to stop taking immediately!!"

Nora Birth Control Feedback (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2017

For Birth Control "24 yr old female. I've been on this pill for a year and I have been on various other pills since 17. This one is one of my more favorite pills. Hardly any acne, no weight gain, no moodiness. I pretty much feel like myself except I get no periods at all, like going on 8 months now. So I talked with my OB/GYN and I want to get my monthly cycle back so I'm switching back to a pill I had previously. Nothing was wrong with this pill, and I loved that it was estrogen free, but the lack of periods was disconcerting."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 9, 2017

For Birth Control "I've gotten pregnant on this twice. (Second time because I didn't realize they put me on the same one as before.) Can't lose weight. Acne is terrible. Cramping is terrible. Made my period extremely irregular."

Meh. (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 16, 2017