User Reviews for Nora-Be to treat Birth Control

Nora-Be has an average rating of 4.4 out of 10 from a total of 97 ratings for the treatment of Birth Control. 25% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 47% reported a negative effect.

Nora-Be Rating Summary

4.4/10 average rating

Compare all 278 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Nora-Be

Issa December 29, 2020

“I was switched to Nora-Be from generic Beyaz. I have horrible issues with estrogen (mainly caused my PCOS and PMDD) and so I needed a progestin only option. Currently on pack one and will update again in a few months but it’s amazing how much my PMDD/intrusive thoughts have decreased since starting this. No issues with acne or weight so far. Birth control is so individual that it can be trial and error to see what works. There are so many different kinds of progestin that certain ones you swear by may be awful for other women. This is just my current experience with Nora-Be, will be back to update!”

Amanda M. · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 10, 2015

“I love this birth control! I have struggled since I was 16 with finding a birth control that was right for me. I have had so many issues with abnormal bleeding, mood swings, weight gain etc, and have not liked the fact that the long term effects of birth control can lead to heart disease, blood clots and more. This birth control has changed my life. I have lost all of my mood swings, I feel so much better in general, I have lost weight and most of all ladies my sex drive is THROUGH THE ROOF. Not that me or my husband are complaining. It's been a very nice thing. All you have to do is take it every day at the same time. And no matter how busy your schedule you can set a simple alarm on your phone. Try this pill! You won't regret it!”

MamaJen · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 2, 2016

“DONT LET THESE REVIEWS SCARE YOU! Every one is different 9 times out of 10 ppl who like this pill won't even share their experience its just the ones who don't like it! It's great I'm 24 and have had no period no symptoms what so ever. I'm already on anxiety meds but I don't take them and this doesn't change a thing in my mood I'm fine 100% I love this PILL-no weight gain either. Happy pill hunting!”

Whitney K March 10, 2017

“I am back on this birth control after not being on anything for a few years but my periods were becoming such a nuisance with my busy schedule (9 days of heavy bleeding and clots). Due to my migraines with aura I can't take anything with estrogen in it. I'm not sure if I'm an anomaly or why there are such terrible reviews as I no longer have periods at all. It completely stopped my cycle but I have to make sure to take it at exactly the same time each day. I still feel like myself - without the mood swings or crying. I am slightly more fatigued at night and fall asleep earlier which might be a good thing. My vaginal discharge is thicker. I've actually noticed my acne improving and haven't noticed any weight changes.”

Kbmoore98 · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 21, 2021

“I’ve been on birth control for 5 years now I was started out on Cryselle for 3 years. I generally liked it but it made me extremely paranoid and depressed. A new doctor then changed me to Nora-BE. I bled for a month straight, horrible headaches, and started having terribly acne. I called my doctor they told me it was not the pill and they basically wouldn’t change me to a different one. So I just stayed on Nora-BE hoping my body would get used to it. I’ve been on it for 2 years now my periods are now so irregular (roughly every 2 months)and absolutely painful. It is giving me horrible cystic acne and it is causing me to have UTI’s. I have never had acne until now and it is painful so I have finally decided to stop taking it and I DO NOT recommend this pill to anyone. I feel so naive I didn’t realize that this pill was causing all of this until now. I give this a 2 rating because it did prevent pregnancy but it is no where worth the suffering that it has caused.”

CC · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 7, 2019

“I started taking Nora-Be over 7 years ago after having my baby. I was breastfeeding at the time and going on this mini pill made sense. Through out the past 7 years I’ve gained 37 pounds. I didn’t change my diet or exercise. I had horrible migraines and sensitivity to light. My hair was falling out like crazy. My periods were so irregular. I would have random bleeding and spotting through out the month. I had horrible mood swings and anxiety. I would feel sad and stressed out for no reason. I had bad insomnia and my blood pressure also increased. I never got pregnant though. I never ever made the connection that Nora Be could be the reason why I was experiencing all these issue. I kept going to the dr through out the years and no one made the connection either. I finally stop taking it 3 days ago. I hope it gets better for me. I’m in the process of losing weight and just being healthier. Everyone is different but I wouldn’t recommend Nora-Be.”

colie5265 June 10, 2010

“I had been on the combined oral pill for many years and had tried many different kinds. I have experience every kind of mood swing possible, severe cramping and abdominal pain, headaches, nausea, heartburn, moodiness, and had severe irritability, and uncontrollable bursts of tears before and during my period! As well as a decrease in libido. I felt out of control! I went to the doctor, she told me I was experiencing PMDD, which is much worse than PMS. She put me on Nora-Be since it only has a synthetic progesterone and no synthetic estrogen (which apparently increase all of the craziness). Only taken for short time, but better already! I have more control of my emotions and my libido is back in overdrive! Breast are tender though.”

Anonymous March 23, 2009

“I've been on this pill for 4 months. On the plus side, I've had no period since I started. However, I feel nauseous every morning and sometimes during afternoons. The worst are the night sweats. I take the pill at 9pm and am awakened every night at 1am, extremely hot and sticky.”

Sammy August 12, 2020

“I was on another birth control for awhile and I was pretty happy with it, my anxiety relaxed and I was able to be okay and gain a couple pounds but it was healthy amount of pounds. For some reason my birth control had switched and I got the Nora-Be one. My anxiety went from being okay to completely down hill again. My weight was now exceeding way too much I was 116 and now 139, I have also been 114-120 (last year I was 116) for around four years since I have fast metabolism. It also has caused me to get bacterial vaginosis and then caused a UTI because sadly I actually didn’t know I had one for a couple of weeks that I had an infection because I was not very educated on infections since I never had one until taking this birth control. Please if you notice symptoms talk to a doctor or ask for a switch. I understand everyone’s body is different but this pill was not the right one for me.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 7, 2013

“I've been on this pill for about 9 months now, and while I love not having a period and no mood swings. I've had terrible acne, breast tenderness (to the point of walking is painful) and I've put on about 15lbs. I've even increased my exercise and gone on a diet and I'm still putting on weight. ”

Girl Mom September 14, 2020

“I was prescribed this pill postpartum. I took it for 5 weeks and never got a period. At week 5 I woke up to SEVERE stomach pain/cramps. At first I didn’t know what was causing the stomach pain. After process of elimination I circled it back to this contraceptive. I stopped taking the pill and within 48 hrs the stomach cramps went away. I know everyone’s body reacts differently and this may work for some but the pain seriously felt like contractions and was a little startling at first not knowing why I was in so much pain. I will never take this pill again”

Worry Free Woman July 18, 2009

“Compared to the full pill, this is fantastic. Side effects are minimal and easy to treat. I experienced some decrease in libido and severe vaginal dryness during my first month, but Replens (available in any drug store) took care of that right away. Works like a charm. I also experienced some water weight gain during the first few weeks, but Diurex helped. My body has adjusted since then and do not need the diuretics anymore. Bottom line, I totally prefer these mild side effects than to deal with the worrying that I'm pregnant every month. But you HAVE to take it at the same time every day. I take it every morning at 7 am, I actually set my alarm. I keep a glass of water on my night table next to the pills. I love being worry free.”

efaith May 21, 2014

“I have been taking Nora-Be for a year now and have noticed the following side effects: 1. I never knew when I will have my period. On this birth control, it seems to be every 3 months. 2. I have gained about 10 pounds even though I have maintained my normal level of physical activity and diet. Before starting BC I have maintained the same weight for a number of years, and so the weight gain is not welcome. 3. I have experienced minor vision problems. Mostly my eye sight is blurry and sometimes I have difficulty focusing. 4. My breasts have increased in size (probably due to the weight gain). Though I can not really complain about the larger breasts, they are fairly tender-- sometimes uncomfortably so.”

Momoffive January 17, 2019

“I’m breastfeeding so my doc gave me this med as birth control. I’ve been taking it for almost 2 months. During that time I’ve been extremely gassy, gained about 20 lbs (after losing almost all the baby weight!) with no change in eating habits (generally eating healthy and balanced and exercising) and have felt “blah”. I have not experienced any bleeding-no period, no discharge, no cramping or abdominal pain. I do have breast tenderness. No emotional side effects like mood swings. At first I didn’t realize what was making me feel this way. Thought it was the stress and business involved In taking care of 5 kids. Then when I was taking the pill one morning my husband suggested maybe it was the reason. I went online to see if others also had similar issues. Needless to say I’m making an appointment with my doc to see if she can switch to something else that safe to take during breastfeeding. Hope this feedback helps. ”

Skat · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 17, 2020

“Used this for birth control. I had a TIA at a young age, so my Doctors prescribed this pill as I can't have the others. I had no issues with it. Maybe loss of appetite, but not a bad thing as I enjoy too much junk food. So overall, this pill helped with obviously birth control, no weird symptoms. Maybe a moment of dizziness, but nothing scary. Plus side, helped me chill out on junk food!”

SD · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 18, 2019

“Started taking Nora BE (norethindrone) about ten months ago after having a serious DVT and pulmonary embolism with lung damage. I had been on Nuvaring prior to that for over a decade without issue, but after DVT/PE I can only use birth control methods without estrogens. Overall, I am satisfied with Nora Be and haven’t had any pregnancies while taking it. When I first started, I did notice my breasts were more tender, periods were less regular/reliable and I had some hair loss (although I am unsure on whether taking this caused it). Those have all resolved. It has to be taken at the same time every day, so I set an alarm and am pretty good about taking it on time. I take a pregnancy test now and then if my period runs late. There has only been one month on this pill that I did not get a period. It can be less convenient than other methods (at least at first), but better than nothing for those of us who have limited birth control options due to health issues.”

Kat · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 18, 2019

“I started taking Nora-Be in January of 2018 for my periods (horrible cramps and heavy periods) and for birth control. Since I've been taking this I haven't really noticed any bad side effects, except maybe my weight gain. In 16 months I have gained 30 pounds. Other than that I haven't had any bad mood swings, acne (other than what I normally have gotten my whole life). I can't take regular birth control with both hormones because there is a history of blood clots in my family. Overall I like this medication. its helped my bleeding and cramping so much.”

Daisy · Taken for less than 1 month May 31, 2019

“I was on this pill three days. I started taking it 4 weeks postpartum as directed by my doctor due to breastfeeding. Experienced horrible stomach aches, similar to food poisoning. I started bleeding very heavy and had severe cramping. I became very moody and experienced stomach bloating and gas. I am 24 hrs free of this pill and feel 100 times better.”

Asattar · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 25, 2020

“I have had a pretty positive experience on this pill. I have been on Nora-be for about 5 months, and I have had regular periods, lasting exactly my usual 26 days, except for the most recent month where my cycle lasted 40 days (period length has still been 4-5 days). My mood feels more stable on this pill than not, and I felt stabilized after the first month. I have gained 8lbs since being on this pill, but it feels like this pill just increased my cravings for bad food, not necessarily forcing my weight gain. For the first 2 months, my acne was really bad. I’m on a prescribed acne cream and it took my skin 4 months to clear back up, but everything is fine and adjusted. The UTI’s are the biggest hassle. I had never had a UTI before this pill and I’ve had one almost every month since.”

JroseB · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 21, 2014

“I've been in this 3 months now. Have gained 11 lbs!!! I excersise, eat right and I look swollen. Have had 3 different spotting occasions that haven't lasted more than 3 days at a time. No cramps to really reports, occasional night sweats, no headaches. Just really hating the weight gain!”

Rachel99508 July 15, 2015

“I've tried many, many forms of BCPs. Having given up hope that I could find a decent pill that didn't cause weight gain and depression, I made an appointment to get a Mirena IUD or the implanon. I asked my doctor one more time if she thought there were any low-dose options I should try and she put me on this. So far so good. I can normally tell what the side effects are very quickly upon trying a new pill. This one seems fine so far and it's only been a few weeks. With all pills containing estrogen I feel very foggy, a bit depressed, my athleticism suffers, I don't sleep as well, and I gain weight. I already lost 3 pounds when switching to this pill without any dietary changes. I feel great when climbing/hiking/running.”

stressedout · Taken for less than 1 month August 24, 2019

“I have taken Nora-Be birth control pill for 6 days, and it only just now occurred to me in reading this thread that the pill was causing the problem. I have literally had two completely sleepless night; other nights I slept badly, I'm exhausted, tense, angry, hot, and felt pressure on my chest and have had a lot more GERD than is typical for me. I don't know if it's all the Nora-Be, but the insomnia is the worst; I am going to stop taking it now.”

Anonymous January 15, 2009

“Really great. The combo pill made me sick as a dog and my weight ballooned, but I feel amazing on this pill. I had just started on a diet when I switched and I am still losing the same kind of weight as before the pill.”

Share · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 23, 2019

“I started taking Nora Be at age 44 after being on ortho cyclen for 5 years. Doctor recommended I switch to POP (progestin only pill) because of elevated blood pressure. Should have stayed on ortho cycle. I felt all right the first 3 weeks but on the fourth week I was bleeding really heavily, super plus tampons soaked with blood, had the worst PMS symptoms ever. Immediately stopped taking them. I still feel depressed even though I have been off of them for almost two weeks. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience? Would NOT recommend Nora-Be.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 9, 2017

“24 yr old female. I've been on this pill for a year and I have been on various other pills since 17. This one is one of my more favorite pills. Hardly any acne, no weight gain, no moodiness. I pretty much feel like myself except I get no periods at all, like going on 8 months now. So I talked with my OB/GYN and I want to get my monthly cycle back so I'm switching back to a pill I had previously. Nothing was wrong with this pill, and I loved that it was estrogen free, but the lack of periods was disconcerting.”