User Reviews for Nora-Be to treat Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

Nora-Be has an average rating of 4.7 out of 10 from a total of 29 ratings for the treatment of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding. 24% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 41% reported a negative effect.

Nora-Be Rating Summary

4.7/10 average rating

Compare all 81 medications used in the treatment of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding.

Reviews for Nora-Be

Prickly · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 10, 2021

“It’s been 75 days of constant bleeding - from a few days of using a pantyliner with a few spots of brown blood to couple days of needing medium pad for red blood then back to spotting then back to slightly heavier bleed. Basically non stop spotting and bleeding. And I’m sick of using hygiene products EVERY DAY.”

Lulu · Taken for less than 1 month December 27, 2020

“This is the most awful birth control pill I’ve ever taken in my entire life, and I’ve tried several. I took it exactly on time every day for one week. Starting with day 3, I had a constant headache, nausea, acne, pain in my legs, generalized pain in my body (back, joints, etc). By day 5 I was bleeding a little, then by day 7 I was bleeding a LOT - like if someone just drew blood straight from my arm and dumped it in the toilet. It wasn’t even like normal period blood it was so bright red and thin. And on top of the other symptoms, I was dizzy and had cramping, too. It also gave me intense hot flashes and a slight fever, I was sweating practically all the time, and I would wake up several times a night. AWFUL I would absolutely never recommend this pill to anyone. If I could give it negative stars, I would.”

Bri · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 23, 2019

“I'm a little surprised at the negative reviews but I understand everyone is different. I was put on Nora-Be due to extremely heavy periods in my mid 30's. I have been on this pill for 5 years now and am quite pleased with the efficacy. While I still have a cycle (some people will stop having a period once taking Nora-be) it is significantly lighter. Once in a blue moon I would get breakthrough bleeding but that all stopped after the first month of taking Nora-be. I feel my mood has been more stable since before the pill and it has not affected my weight at all.”

Lulu July 12, 2019

“49 years old got on this medication to regulate insanely heavy periods. At 7 weeks I have not yet had a period - yay! However, in the last two weeks I began developing lower abdominal pain and cramping on right side. At times there is a great deal of pressure, causing an urgency to urinate. Very distracting and uncomfortable and has me using the bathroom every hour. My doctor said to try to stick it out but I am getting off of this medication due to these side effects. I read online that progesterone can cause changes and functioning to the GI tract like mine. I also have some nausea and heartburn with this medication so I don't think it is for me. Also noticed my hair falling out at about week 5. Everybody is different, but I think I will try and more natural approach to lightening my periods. Good luck everybody!”

KI · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 18, 2020

“I’ve been on this pill for 2 months now because I couldn’t take the combined pill anymore due to elevated blood pressure. I absolutely hate this pill and am switching to the implant next week. I am on my period all the time (like 3 weeks out of 4) and get terrible cramping constantly. I also get nauseous and feel like I am losing hair. For me this pill is just not working.”

K GIRL July 16, 2014

“I have been on Nora-BE for 2 full yrs now, prescribed post D&C for heavy bleeding and birth control. I have bad fibroids. It didn't really help with the bleeding at all. Fibroids won that battle, so I recently had UAE procedure. Night and day! Dr said normal periods would resume 2-4 months after UAE, and to keep taking Nora-BE. Now, 6 mos post UAE, not sure when/if period is coming. Didn't last month at all. Lots of spotting though..maybe this is my period?? But spotting lasts longer than my 5 day period, more like 8-12, kind of annoying. Thought the itchiness was just me, but now that I read other users experience as well... I'm connecting the dots. Definitely weight gain, approx 8-10 lbs. Breast tenderness, acne, questioning whether to continue.”

SJaber March 6, 2017

“In the past I did not take any form of birth control, due to the high hormone levels. I have recently had to be put on the Nora-Be for abnormal bleeding, unbelievable cramps and just all over debilitating monthly experiences. I have been on the "mini pill" for 2 months so far. First month period was still painful but only 2 days and not the full 7, there was very little clotting and I could still function in daily life. Not bed ridden with a heating pad or ingesting a whole bottle of pain killers. It is now month 2 and my cycle should of started 4 days ago. I'm not worried one bit that it hasn't!! LOL. I have had no headaches, no neck pain no discomfort at all. Can't really say if my weight loss is due to the pill or diet and exercise.”

Anonymous January 15, 2016

“I've only been on this medication 1 wk and I've gained 10lb..I haven't gained weight in over 5yrs. I'm extremely bloated, water retention, headaches and severe cramping..I want to give it a chance but I'm 42 and these symptoms aren't tolerable. I feel bipolar and on edge..I'm scatter brained and very emotional....no bueno!!!”

Missy · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2019

“Started 3 nights ago to help with heavy periods. This pill has made me have very heavy clotting~ cramping ~ bleeding through heavy pads every 1 - 1 1/2 hours at night. Went out to lunch yesterday and within 1 hour had soaked a heavy pad and blood down my leg. I’ve only been on this 3 nights and usually by now my period would be almost over ~ I really don’t think I should continue ~ I do not need this for birth control ~ trying to help with heavy periods and this is the worse I’ve had in years. I’ve taken more Advil in last 3 days than in the last 6 months due to heavy cramping. I think I’m stopping this today !!!!”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 13, 2016

“I started taking this pill after i had my son, the dr prescribed this pill because i breastfeed. I have been on the pill for almost a year now and i have a period twice a month and im not talking about spotting or light bleeding.. i have a heavy period every time. I know everyone has different experiences but i would not recommend this pill.”

DevilinTexas79 April 24, 2016

“I would not recommend this pill for anyone, not any progesterone only pill. Bloating that makes me look 3 months pregnant, constipation, 50 pounds of weight gain in under 2 years that won't exercise off, skin feeling too tight all the time, headaches, fatigue, appetite is weird, constipation and diahhrea, mood swings, hot and cold flashes, and a never ending period. Medical staff all say it's normal and can't be the pill...so it's all in my head. I stopped this pill 2 nights ago and lost a third of my stomach as the bloating is decreasing. Stay away from these pills!”

Tinyb July 11, 2019

“I have abnormal bleeding with heavy clots every day. I go for days if not weeks or months with spotting after an 8 day cycle. Back in December 2018 I got the Mirena IUD and my body expelled it on the 29th day. I got it the second time and again it came out by the 2nd week. My Dr. recommended Nora Be and after reading all these side effects I decided not to even bothered with it. So thank you to all of you because your comments do help.”

Briolette · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 7, 2017

“I have been on Nora-BE for 2 years now. I had tried other combination pills to help with my abnormal heavy bleeding and had adverse side effects (High blood pressure, mood swings, acne, bloating) There is no estrogren in Nora-BE, so my blood pressure went back to normal once I was on it. I find that my PMS is much more stable and my complexion even cleared up on it. No issues with weight gain or hair loss. It took about 6 months for my period to stabilize but now I have a 4 day very manageable cycle instead of 7 days of extremely heavy and clotty bleeding. Nora-Be has changed my life! Highly recommended.”

plantowl1234 April 12, 2015

“I have been on this medication for about a month and I have terrible night sweats where I wake up in the middle of the night dripping in sweat and my sheets are soaked. Ive had moodiness and increased anxiety.”

Np · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 31, 2021

“I used this pill for 4 months due to experiencing abnormal spotting/bleeding. Th pill did not work and I spotted everyday when I wasn’t on my period. My period also lasted for 7-11 days. It was the worst experience I had with birth control. I finally had to agree to get the IUD; hoping it works, day 2. I would not suggest Nora b if you are experiencing abnormal period/spotting.”

CheyMDavis · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 17, 2014

“I had a period every week for 4 months and at first tried Tri-Nessa and that did nothing. A friend recommended Nora-Be and I am so glad she did. I have irregular bleeding once a month now and it's so much better. No cramps and no pain. Love it!”

Samantha Belmontes · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 20, 2017

“Well, ever since I was 13 my periods were not normal they would last for more than a week, I would get horrible side effects such as nausea, cravings, cramps you name it. I got extremely tired of it and I was prescribe to Nora-Be it's been good to me. I started it while on my period I only bled for two days! Not even bad! It was a small spot and done I felt so relieved!!! I noticed no weight gain and I felt great, I get no side effects from it but if I do which is rare it's breast pain. I recommend this, but of course everyone's body is different!!! ps I've been on it for ages”

MayMay0930 February 28, 2017

“I was prescribed Nora b after being off of birth control for 15yrs.... I always had normal periods on time to a tee now I am getting my period for 9 days.... I'm stopping this med right away....especially after reading all those reviews on in between period bleeding”

Happy with it July 18, 2016

“I have a very light abnormal bleeding after intercourse and was prescribed Nora be, I was so scared of taking this due to the fact that I've taken the patch, the shot and the combo pill and they all sucked, they all caused weight gain, hair loss and moodiness and my period lasted FOREVER. So I expected no less from this pill. But to my surprise my period stopped when it was supposed too, no bloat, weight gain or hair loss so far. Guess my body doesn't agree with extra estrogen so protestrian it is. If you have a bad experience with all these estrogen bc's I suggest giving this a try. Only thing I hate about it is taking it everyday at the same time but dealing with that rather then the estrogen side effect is minor.”

Kitty1313 · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2016

“39/ no kids. I have always had issues with taking BC, estrogen makes me a moody, bloated beast. I was diagnosed with endo 5 years ago. Got IUD w/ hormone, worked for 2 years and I've been bleeding now off and on for months. Was just in to see my OB last week and he suggested Nora-BE. At first I was hesitant but he explained that the progesterone dosage is the same as IUD and a fraction of the hormone compared to the progesterone pills. I've taken it for a week here and there to shrink cysts. So I said ok. Took my first pill last night. Today I was more calm and patient, no appetite at all. Will post update in a few days.”

Furstin · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 4, 2018

“First of all, everyone will have their own unique experience with birth control. My experience with this BC was pretty good. When I first started taking it, I felt a little dizzy and nauseous for about a week. I began taking this BC to treat for heavy periods. It definitely reduced my bleeding, as needed. It also cleared up my acne and levelled my mood. What I didn’t like was the unpredictability of my cycle. Sometimes I would go 3 months with no period...sometimes I would have 26 day cycles. Sometimes I would go a month or two feeling great. Sometimes I would have PMS symptoms (mostly bloating, tender breasts, and some cramping) for months. Knowing this BC is not as effective for preventing pregnancy, several times I felt like I might be pregnant and I stressed about it a lot. After 2.5 years of taking this BC, I decided I wanted something that makes my cycle more predictable and more effective. I’m now taking a low dose conventional BC and I feel so much better.”

Coco April 21, 2018

“I have fibroids and was given Nora Be to help with heavy periods. I’ve been on the pill maybe 15 years. It has made my periods at times non existent to random, but that never bothered me. Throughout these years I have had issues with weight gain and excessive hair shedding but never thought it was because of the pill (although living a vegetarian lifestyle with moderate excercise). I got off the pill to get pregnant and of course throughout my pregnancy. Interestingly, I immediately began losing a lot of weight and my hair never looked better. Now the great hair was due to the increase of blood flow due to being pregnant, but not the weight loss. At the end of my pregnancy, I weighted 30 lbs less than the start, even though the doctors had me on a high calorie diet. I got back on Nora Be after delivery and gained a lot of weight over the years. I never thought to look up other experiences until now. I think I will stop using Nora Be and see how it goes.”

brep · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 30, 2017

“Can't say I love it but I kind of like it. First the BAD: my first month taking this was the absolute worst. I was beyond exhausted everyday and felt like I could fall asleep at any given moment (thankfully this has subsided). Also I noticed that I have blemishes that show up on my neck and jawline randomly once in a while ever since taking this. They're not terrible but I've never had this before. Finally, taking the pill at the same time everyday can be torture. Now the GOOD: I have not had a period or any PMS symptoms since taking this. I also have read that certain birth controls can alter hair and weight for some women but mine stayed the same while on this.”

Anonymous June 30, 2016

“34 yo; overweight; pcos: I went to the doc for bc because my pcos was causing abnormal bleeding again. I wasn't prescribed a combo pill because I've had migraine before and was assured Nora-Be would stop the prolonged bleeding I was experiencing. Nope. My flow increased dramatically on day 3, I've had stronger cramps than I've ever experienced before, my whole body is swollen (feet and legs especially), my mood and energy has plummeted, and my frustration has increased After much research I've discovered that the progestin norethindrone is the worst kind for pcos.”

Ivy April 10, 2021

“Started Nora B , took 4 daysand noticed heavier period, horrible bloating. I have a heavy period due to fibroids so was trying this to reduce period. This made my period even heavier! Horrible painful cramps even with ibuprofen and huge clots, I had a very big clot and felt really shaky, horrible like the flu. I went to the ER! Pretty much saying I felt like rubbish from anemia, but I've had anemia a long time and just figured out I had it, always felt ok, not this horrible. Was afraid to quit taking it so took two more nights and last night horrible cramping, hot and cold flashes so bad, felt like the flu and could not sleep. Noticed pains when I first started it, around ovary area. 2nd day was a headache, not bad, just abnormal and felt rubbish. Stopping today after 6 days. Going to obgyn in a few days. I will not try hormones ever again, Wasn't on any for 15 years.”

Learn more about Abnormal Uterine Bleeding