User Reviews for Jolivette to treat Birth Control

Jolivette Rating Summary

5.2/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 277 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Jolivette

jolivetteuser · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 21, 2019

"I was previously on Ortho Tri Cyclin which made me have weight gain, super bad mood swings, anxiety and depression. I was then switched to Jolivette and have had no horrible side effects. I have noticed I haven’t really been able to lose the weight gained from my previous pill but that’s the only downside. Other than that I completely love this pill! I am back to the same old normal happy me. :)"

ncgrl77 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 9, 2019

"Jolivette pill is pretty good. I take it mainly due to the fact I can get migraines and its safer to take a non combo pill. My period is not as bad on this pill and the side effects aren't too bad. Small weight gain and increase in breast size, some irritability but not too bad. It does help with my headaches and is effective in preventing pregnancy. You just need to be careful to take it at or around same time each day/night."

Kelsey · Taken for less than 1 month December 28, 2018

"I was on the brand Ortho Micronor until my insurance company decided not to cover it anymore-- they put me on Jolivette. After about a week of taking this pill I noticed that I was getting horrible anxiety about the smallest little things. By week 2, it was so bad that I was afraid to leave my apartment. Simple tasks such as going out to dinner, or going shopping with friends became very taxing. As someone who has never experience severe anxiety, this was a very scary time. I also knew that this wasn't normal for me. I stopped taking this medication and the panic and anxiety attacks stopped. I will never recommend this pill to anybody as it was one of the most depressing and scary times in my life."

HiBP · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 1, 2018

"My doctor switched me to this from NoraBe. I'm so glad she did! I often forget to take my pill. When I would forget with NoraBe, I'd feel meh all day. I have an active 3 year old who I stay at home with. If I'd miss a pill, every little thing she did would stress me out. With Jolivette, if I miss a day or don't take it on time, my family doesn't notice as much. My old non-existent sex drive is gone! I had absolutely no desire do anything. Now, my hormones are all levelled out and I actually find myself initiating which is something I haven't done since before my pregnancy. I don't notice any other side effects besides breakthrough bleeding. I've been taking this for two months and my cycle still isn't on a regular schedule. NoraBe had me menstruating every two weeks. Now Jolivette is causing breakthrough bleeding so I'm never sure if I'm actually starting my period naturally or the breakthrough bleeding is happening when my period should be starting."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 4, 2018

"I got pregnant on this BC"

A. · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 20, 2018

"This medication is not for me. I started it a few months ago after an ectopic pregnancy. My mood has changed so much to a point where my anxiety and depression were so bad I thought I was losing my mind. My headaches have increased and I cry a lot. Not normal for me. I also have Hypothyroidism and it actually changed my levels. After reading what other people have gone through I have decided to stop this medication immediately. I seriously thought I was going to end up in the Psych unit!"

Jules · Taken for less than 1 month August 20, 2018

"I was prescribed this pill suddenly after my insurance decided not to cover Nora Be anymore. I suffer from anxiety and take Zoloft to control it. After taking just 6 days of this pill, it made me almost loose my mind. I would tremble and shake, heart palpitations and had the worst anxiety attack I had ever experienced. Do not take this if you issue like me!"

HHadley August 17, 2018

"I’ve been taking this pill for about six months because of migraines & combo pills were giving me serious depression. When I started it I bled for three weeks. Not spotting, heavy bleeding. They said I’d adjust and finally I did, but my periods became even more irregular, painful, and heavy. Then I noticed that sex was becoming painful, orgasms were even becoming painful! I was super dry down there and irritated, my breasts were always sore, tons of cystic acne, I was getting hot flashes and sweating tons, basically menopause at 22 but still bleeding! And then the final straw: I started getting yeast infections every two weeks like clockwork. Ridiculous. I’d never had any problem like that until I started this medication. I discontinued it one week ago and immediately felt better. Everything is back to normal everywhere and I’ll never take a mini pill again. The only good thing I can think of is an increase in cup size, and that’s not worth it if everything hurts!"

Mel · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 6, 2018

"I honestly didn't even know all the issues I've been experiencing were due to Jolivette until I switched to Heather, and was doing research to compare it to this one. I have had the worst side effects! I have literally gone completely crazy, had multiple psychotic episodes, I'm shocked my boyfriend is still with me too! I became super depressed, unmotivated, lazy, I was having night sweats so bad I would be soaked when I woke up. Insomnia like crazy. So glad I switched and definitely will never go back on Jolivette !! It literally almost ruined my life."

Madison88 February 10, 2018

"This birth control is effective, I had no breakthrough bleeding, no mood swings, and no acne. Great for people who have migraines and cannot take estrogen BC. Highly recommend."

Sunny days · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 6, 2018

"I was prescribed this because I was breastfeeding and didn’t want something too strong, I know everyone’s different and these are my side effects. Bloated, headaches numbness in my arm Mood swings but the worse is I’ve been on my period for almost 3 weeks since I started taking this. So if that was the goal keeping me on my period to have no intimacy which equals no baby then good job!!"

nomoresynthetics January 26, 2018

"I was prescribed Jolivette due to high blood pressure caused by a combination pill. I bled every other day for the first three months with major cramping and fatigue. I was not myself after three months; a severe drop in my bodies ability to produce natural estrogen; hair has thinned significantly, cycle has disappeared, no period my boobs shrunk, sex drive basically non existent also NIGHT SWEATS which were out of control. Hot flashes. soaked my sheets 5 nights a wk. physical side effects were awful in my experience, its harder to pinpoint the mental; I haven't been myself without my cycle. I stopped this pill a week ago; never again. Will be naturally tracking my fertility from here on out. Beware of the mini pill."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 18, 2018

"After having discontinued BC altogether 4 years ago now, I was hesitant to begin this pill. However, after having my first baby 4 months ago (and being that I breast feed so I need a lo hormonal dose) my midwife insisted this was good for my needs. I'm 5 or 6 days in and I threw the entire pack away. I have severe abdominal cramping/discomfort, I haven't bled since delivering my baby but from day 2 of using Jolivette I began to spot, now I have a heavy flow. I can do without this awful pill."

Candy1230 November 30, 2017

"Ooh my... what a nightmare the past 6 months have been!!! I relate with a lot of the comments here. I was nauseous and moody mostly but when I say moody I mean full on psychotic episodes... I'm surprised my boyfriend is still even with me.. I felt hopeless and unmotivated 24/7...stay away from this awful medication!!!"

Ella.M November 5, 2017

"Although my experience with Lo Loestrin Fe was much worse, Jolivette made me feel terrible. Extreme stomach pain, bloating, fatigue, and low sex drive."

Justanotherwoman · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 3, 2017

"I started taking Jolivette 5 months ago. First, to all you breastfeeding moms out there, I have had NO decrease in milk supply. And that from a woman who had to supplement with first 2 babies within their first 3 months because of low supply and low weight gain. My 3rd baby is now 5 1/2 months old and still exclusively breastfed and gaining weight beautifully. So it doesn't always affect milk supply. I've taken different BC pills before and always suffered severe anxiety and depression just before starting my period. I was worried about starting another pill but haven't had any problems yet. My first month on these pills I had a heavy period, but haven't had another one since. I'm pretty happy with these pills"

NoMoreKidsPlz · Taken for less than 1 month October 9, 2017

"I am discontinuing this pill TONIGHT! After starting this pill I got cramps and by the 3rd day I had a full period with large blood clots. My baby is 2 months and I noticed a lower milk supply and started fenugreek a week ago to try to build it back up. I have not had a period since I have been breastfeeding which my Dr says is common, then all of a sudden after starting this pill I get one that is heavy and I cramp terribly! Not only do I get cramps but a strong pain shoots through my left abdominal area. No acne, but I am looking pregnant and feeling bloated! My mood swings are drastic and I'm already emotional enough! I don't have the patience to wait this out so I quit! I don't see it getting better anytime soon!"

Aliciae10 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 27, 2017

"For me the pill has been pretty good. Had to go on the progesterone only pills do to migraines and stroke symptoms. So far it’s been a lot better. My period is trying to get back on track but it’s not too bad. I’m a 3 or 4 months into it I’ve noticed the past few weeks I’ve been very oily (never had that problem in my life. I’ve always had dry skin). Like I’m so oily even my ears are oily. It’s weird lol. Also my body odour is really bad. I’ve never body odour problems. Idk if I’m having womanly changes or if it’s switching to this pill lol. But I’m not pregnant and the migraines are gone so I’m giving this pill time to adjust to my body."

fromnowhere · Taken for less than 1 month August 16, 2017

"I've only been on this pill 3 weeks and today I had a complete breakdown. I have been bleeding ever since I have taken the first day and today I was downright angry and crying and could not function. All for no reason. I am stopping this pill immediately. I have also been so bloated that I feel like I am pregnant all over again and I was starting to finally feel good about myself again since I had my son 6 weeks ago. And like others my milk supply has pretty much dried up! Terrible"

Dancer2280 · Taken for less than 1 month August 3, 2017

"I don't want to scare people off from taking this pill but in the short period I took this pill I had too many issues. I am a person who has great blood pressure. Immediately after starting I noticed my feet feeling swollen so I started taking my blood pressure. It was through the roof!! I was having horrible crippling anxiety everyday for most the day and I already have depression and anxiety disorder. I was bloated all the time. I called my doctor and they told me to immediately stop the pills. I'm 37 and average weight. Birth control isn't worth having a stroke."

Cherrr22 July 19, 2017

"First I want to remind everyone that we all react differently to medications. If I would have gone off these reviews I wouldn't have ever started taking this birth control let alone any of them. I have been on it a month now. The first week I had very high anxiety levels which was difficult to push through but after 10 days it subsided. I do notice I am bloated pretty much all the time but with time I hope that will pass as well. I have had mild cramps every now and then. Otherwise I am fine. Don't let bad reviews scare you off. I would recommend this pill."

CGC1975 · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 10, 2017

"First I'd like to say that different meds are for different people so just because you have a bad experience doesn't mean it's not the perfect med for the next person. Personally, I love Jolivette, it has done wonders for my depression ... Great non estrogen birth control pills for me. I will say that the lack of periods is odd but I feel better than ever."

The cure · Taken for less than 1 month June 23, 2017

"I started bleeding last year 2016 in April and bled until this year 2017 June. I had a D&C in Nov 2016 and had mirena placed. Well mirena wasn't for me, it caused weight gain and loss of hair not to mention no sex drive and was still bleeding so I had the mirena removed on 6/18/16. Bleeding got worse by the next day doc had prescribed jolivette the mini pill there are like 7 different names for this pill also known as the mini pill or POPs. I started it on Saturday the 19th and 6 days later period free, no cramping, no bloating, no back pain - nothing. I'm so happy after a year of bleeding its finally over and I'm 47 no side effects at all. I'm actually losing weight so if you have abnormal bleeding I would highly recommend this pill"

AB99 May 20, 2017

"Been taking the pills for 5 months, last two months I have had two full periods each month..and heavy bleeding. Also have felt huge mood changes, anxiety depression easily irritated. I can clearly see changes in my mood before and after starting with these pills. Sorry but would never ever recommend them."

Allyb427 · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 7, 2017

"I went on Jolivette 6 weeks postpartum. I've had issues with uterine fibroids at age 21, so at age 24 they didn't want to risk it with an estrogen pill. Here I am a year later, gained 60 pounds, on depression medication, lowest libido ever, moody, horrible periods, oh AND I'M PREGNANT after the first time not using back up birth control like condoms. All thanks to Jolivette. Thank you, Jolivette. You had 1 job, and you failed miserably."