User Reviews for Jolivette

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Jolivette.

Amenorrhea

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
2.2

Summary of Jolivette reviews 4.9 87 reviews

Reviews for Jolivette

For Birth Control "Ooh my... what a nightmare the past 6 months have been!!! I relate with a lot of the comments here. I was nauseous and moody mostly but when I say moody I mean full on psychotic episodes... I'm surprised my boyfriend is still even with me.. I felt hopeless and unmotivated 24/7...stay away from this awful medication!!!"

Candy1230 November 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Although my experience with Lo Loestrin Fe was much worse, Jolivette made me feel terrible. Extreme stomach pain, bloating, fatigue, and low sex drive."

Ella.M November 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started taking Jolivette 5 months ago. First, to all you breastfeeding moms out there, I have had NO decrease in milk supply. And that from a woman who had to supplement with first 2 babies within their first 3 months because of low supply and low weight gain. My 3rd baby is now 5 1/2 months old and still exclusively breastfed and gaining weight beautifully. So it doesn't always affect milk supply. I've taken different BC pills before and always suffered severe anxiety and depression just before starting my period. I was worried about starting another pill but haven't had any problems yet. My first month on these pills I had a heavy period, but haven't had another one since. I'm pretty happy with these pills"

Justanotherwoman (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I had a Swollen uterus with Atypical Squamous Cells of Undetermined Significance (ASCUS) So I was started on this. Since then I’ve begun having a mild headache most of the day, most days. I’ve also had a stomach bug and stomach infection within 3 months of each other. I’ve only had 2 stomach bugs in my 35 years and 0 stomach infections. There have been 2 times I’ve noticed one arm going numb and a few days ago the right side of my body became numb and weak and I was able to move my arm and leg but it took more effort than the left side of my body. It eventually went back to normal. I have noticed my periods are normal again. Before this medicine I would spot for 3-5 days, have a heavy period for 2 days, a lighter flow for 1-2 days, and then spot for 5-7 days thereafter. During ovulation I would have a thick, brown cervical mucous."

Nature Girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I am discontinuing this pill TONIGHT! After starting this pill I got cramps and by the 3rd day I had a full period with large blood clots. My baby is 2 months and I noticed a lower milk supply and started fenugreek a week ago to try to build it back up. I have not had a period since I have been breastfeeding which my Dr says is common, then all of a sudden after starting this pill I get one that is heavy and I cramp terribly! Not only do I get cramps but a strong pain shoots through my left abdominal area. No acne, but I am looking pregnant and feeling bloated! My mood swings are drastic and I'm already emotional enough! I don't have the patience to wait this out so I quit! I don't see it getting better anytime soon!"

NoMoreKidsPlz (taken for less than 1 month) October 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "For me the pill has been pretty good. Had to go on the progesterone only pills do to migraines and stroke symptoms. So far it’s been a lot better. My period is trying to get back on track but it’s not too bad. I’m a 3 or 4 months into it I’ve noticed the past few weeks I’ve been very oily (never had that problem in my life. I’ve always had dry skin). Like I’m so oily even my ears are oily. It’s weird lol. Also my body odour is really bad. I’ve never body odour problems. Idk if I’m having womanly changes or if it’s switching to this pill lol. But I’m not pregnant and the migraines are gone so I’m giving this pill time to adjust to my body."

Aliciae10 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've only been on this pill 3 weeks and today I had a complete breakdown. I have been bleeding ever since I have taken the first day and today I was downright angry and crying and could not function. All for no reason. I am stopping this pill immediately. I have also been so bloated that I feel like I am pregnant all over again and I was starting to finally feel good about myself again since I had my son 6 weeks ago. And like others my milk supply has pretty much dried up! Terrible"

fromnowhere (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I don't want to scare people off from taking this pill but in the short period I took this pill I had too many issues. I am a person who has great blood pressure. Immediately after starting I noticed my feet feeling swollen so I started taking my blood pressure. It was through the roof!! I was having horrible crippling anxiety everyday for most the day and I already have depression and anxiety disorder. I was bloated all the time. I called my doctor and they told me to immediately stop the pills. I'm 37 and average weight. Birth control isn't worth having a stroke."

Dancer2280 (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "First I want to remind everyone that we all react differently to medications. If I would have gone off these reviews I wouldn't have ever started taking this birth control let alone any of them. I have been on it a month now. The first week I had very high anxiety levels which was difficult to push through but after 10 days it subsided. I do notice I am bloated pretty much all the time but with time I hope that will pass as well. I have had mild cramps every now and then. Otherwise I am fine. Don't let bad reviews scare you off. I would recommend this pill."

Cherrr22 July 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "First I'd like to say that different meds are for different people so just because you have a bad experience doesn't mean it's not the perfect med for the next person. Personally, I love Jolivette, it has done wonders for my depression ... Great non estrogen birth control pills for me. I will say that the lack of periods is odd but I feel better than ever."

CGC1975 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started bleeding last year 2016 in April and bled until this year 2017 June. I had a D&C in Nov 2016 and had mirena placed. Well mirena wasn't for me, it caused weight gain and loss of hair not to mention no sex drive and was still bleeding so I had the mirena removed on 6/18/16. Bleeding got worse by the next day doc had prescribed jolivette the mini pill there are like 7 different names for this pill also known as the mini pill or POPs. I started it on Saturday the 19th and 6 days later period free, no cramping, no bloating, no back pain - nothing. I'm so happy after a year of bleeding its finally over and I'm 47 no side effects at all. I'm actually losing weight so if you have abnormal bleeding I would highly recommend this pill"

The cure (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Been taking the pills for 5 months, last two months I have had two full periods each month..and heavy bleeding. Also have felt huge mood changes, anxiety depression easily irritated. I can clearly see changes in my mood before and after starting with these pills. Sorry but would never ever recommend them."

AB99 May 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I went on Jolivette 6 weeks postpartum. I've had issues with uterine fibroids at age 21, so at age 24 they didn't want to risk it with an estrogen pill. Here I am a year later, gained 60 pounds, on depression medication, lowest libido ever, moody, horrible periods, oh AND I'M PREGNANT after the first time not using back up birth control like condoms. All thanks to Jolivette. Thank you, Jolivette. You had 1 job, and you failed miserably."

Allyb427 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started having seizures when I was 14 and tried several seizure medicines and nothing was working. I am now 20 and we think they could be hormonal so my Doctor put me on Jolivette and I have been seizure free for 2 months! My prayers have been answered!"

Marystrunk13 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Due to my history of migraine with aura, my doctor suggested I went with a non estrogen birth control. I went back and forth about the copper IUD and the pill. I decided against the IUD because it isn't a painless process for those who haven't yet had children. Ive been on Jolivette for a month now. The first few weeks were difficult. I had breakthrough bleeding (bleeding between your periods) and quite terrible anxiety. If I had stopped taking it then I would have rated this med a 2 or 3. After about 2.5 weeks in... my anxiety subsided, the breakthrough bleeding stopped and everything balanced. I was even able to decrease the strength of my anxiety medicine. My PMDD and endometriosis have been easier to bare, and So far so good."

CassieQ (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I had previously been on Ortho Micronor, the name brand for norethindrone, 0.35 mg, for 3 years. Then my insurance wouldn't cover it so I had to go on Jolivette. After about a week of taking this pill, I started to experience heightened anxiety. It got so bad that I could no longer do simple day-to-day tasks such as going to class or going to a restaurant. I was having panic attacks daily. It then got to the point where I was terrified to leave my house. I was also overcome with depression. This all happened within the first 2 weeks of taking this pill. It was too horrible to endure so I stopped taking it. My mental health is still not 100% back to normal."

ackerm36 (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I was put on Jolivette because I suffer from migraines and I can't have estrogen or I experience stroke like symptoms. Overall I didn't have an issue with the medication. In the beginning of treatment I did notice I was kind of sensitive and a tad moody, but for me It passed. I've been on this BC since Novemeber, no complaints. I read the other reviews and I just want to remind everyone that every woman's body is different and we all have different needs. I didn't break out in acne, I didn't gain weight, (I'm very active, if that matters), I say it takes a couples months for your body to get used to the new hormone, but it's nothing intolerable once time has passed."

sthomp1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I am a 35 female, no kids. I wanted to pursue birth control as my periods were debilitating and I bleed very heavy. I have a very sensitive body. I wanted to feel normal in the sense, that I have been getting my period since age 10. And after all these years did not want to deal with stressing about how my body would react from my period. My body actually has gotten more sensitive this year. I thought I was seeing doc but ended up seeing midwife. Was prescribed jolivette. Took at night and was nauseated, lightheaded, and blurry mind. Next day cramps and felt like i was having a period/ bleeding feeling without bleeding. In the evening felt off/ unsteady like going to faint. Don't think is norm. Will not take again. How long to leave my system?"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have suffered from PMDD which is basically extreme PMS with really bad mood swings. I would tend to be antisocial and irritable half the month. On Jolivette my mood is much more stable and I feel like myself instead of feeling out of control of my emotions. Shorter periods very light. Other pills with estrogen effect my moods negatively. This works great."

Flotter (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "So I started this BC due to painful periods/irregular periods. I had tried a combo pill called low low estrogen and it just gave me terrible side effects. Jolivette seriously helped me out. I rarely get periods, unless I'm super stressed out, no mood swings and no pregnancy (though that didn't become a concern until last year). I've been taking it for four years now and would highly recommend this. Saved me a lot of hospital visits and made my life easier."

m.queen (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 30, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for 1 year now. I agree with previous posters that every woman is different and we all will have a different experience. I personally loved this pill. I'm not breastfeeding and I've never had any side effects. My partner and I use this as our only form of contraception (meaning no condoms or withdrawal) and I haven't gotten pregnant. (Though please do your own research and access the risk before deciding to do this because the mini pill is slightly less effective than the combined pill). I would also like to note that I have suffered from anxiety my entire life and I haven't felt any different since starting the pill. This pill has been perfect for me and I will continue taking it."

Bero0814 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "First let me start by saying that WOMEN are different therefore your bodies will react differently DO NOT expect to get the same results as everyone else in this page. I was totally skeptical about taking Jolivette after reading the reviews, I was convinced that everything that happened to everyone here i was for sure going to experience, specially because I suffer from anxiety, constipation and other stomach problems. The first 2 days of taking Jolivette I had major headaches, nausea and dizziness so I bought complex B vitamin and took along with almonds and blue berries which helped me a lot. I did spot in between but no major bleeding. So far it's been good no mood swings or bloated, I will continue to take it."

M&K November 19, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I have no complaints about this pill besides a lack of sex drive. One plus was no more zits!"

Sara63 October 13, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I started this pill to test the waters about getting a birth control implant Nexplanon, which is the same hormone type treatment. I am glad I decided to try the pill before the implant. I was a shadow of myself on this pill. It was all I could do to get through the day, because it basically put me in survival mode. I felt sick and tired and I could not motivate myself to stay focused on any of my goals or obligations. It became difficult for me to work, and I have a very demanding job. It was hard to get out of bed. I started falling asleep involuntary every night once it really had a hold on me (week 3-4) I would pass out with my clothes on and without setting an alarm. I was depressed and my sex drive was altered, and my orgasms were sad."

11 October 6, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I switched from Vestura (generic Yaz) to Jolivette about a month and a half ago - I thought perhaps the Vestura was causing me to have a lower-than-usual libido. At first I felt no different, which was to be expected as a switch can take time to kick in. Just after I started my second pack I began to feel constantly and uncomfortably bloated. I read around and found that this severe bloating had affected many other users of Jolivette. It's unbearable and makes me feel like I'm always pregnant! I did take a couple tests just to be sure I wasn't and I'm not, just feeling super uncomfortable 24/7. I asked my pharmacy to switch me back to Vestura - the constant discomfort is not worth the possibility of a slightly increased libido"

Mal814 September 19, 2016