User Reviews for Jolivette

Learn more about Jolivette.

Amenorrhea 1 reviews 34 medications

Birth Control 62 reviews 293 medications

5.5
Endometriosis 3 reviews 167 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 4 reviews 169 medications

2.2
Summary of Jolivette reviews 70 reviews 4.9

Reviews for Jolivette

For Birth Control "I am a 35 female, no kids. I wanted to pursue birth control as my periods were debilitating and I bleed very heavy. I have a very sensitive body. I wanted to feel normal in the sense, that I have been getting my period since age 10. And after all these years did not want to deal with stressing about how my body would react from my period. My body actually has gotten more sensitive this year. I thought I was seeing doc but ended up seeing midwife. Was prescribed jolivette. Took at night and was nauseated, lightheaded, and blurry mind. Next day cramps and felt like i was having a period/ bleeding feeling without bleeding. In the evening felt off/ unsteady like going to faint. Don't think is norm. Will not take again. How long to leave my system?"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2017

For Birth Control "I have suffered from PMDD which is basically extreme PMS with really bad mood swings. I would tend to be antisocial and irritable half the month. On Jolivette my mood is much more stable and I feel like myself instead of feeling out of control of my emotions. Shorter periods very light. Other pills with estrogen effect my moods negatively. This works great."

Flotter (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 12, 2017

For Birth Control "So I started this BC due to painful periods/irregular periods. I had tried a combo pill called low low estrogen and it just gave me terrible side effects. Jolivette seriously helped me out. I rarely get periods, unless I'm super stressed out, no mood swings and no pregnancy (though that didn't become a concern until last year). I've been taking it for four years now and would highly recommend this. Saved me a lot of hospital visits and made my life easier."

m.queen (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for 1 year now. I agree with previous posters that every woman is different and we all will have a different experience. I personally loved this pill. I'm not breastfeeding and I've never had any side effects. My partner and I use this as our only form of contraception (meaning no condoms or withdrawal) and I haven't gotten pregnant. (Though please do your own research and access the risk before deciding to do this because the mini pill is slightly less effective than the combined pill). I would also like to note that I have suffered from anxiety my entire life and I haven't felt any different since starting the pill. This pill has been perfect for me and I will continue taking it."

Bero0814 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 26, 2016

For Birth Control "First let me start by saying that WOMEN are different therefore your bodies will react differently DO NOT expect to get the same results as everyone else in this page. I was totally skeptical about taking Jolivette after reading the reviews, I was convinced that everything that happened to everyone here i was for sure going to experience, specially because I suffer from anxiety, constipation and other stomach problems. The first 2 days of taking Jolivette I had major headaches, nausea and dizziness so I bought complex B vitamin and took along with almonds and blue berries which helped me a lot. I did spot in between but no major bleeding. So far it's been good no mood swings or bloated, I will continue to take it."

M&K November 19, 2016

For Birth Control "I have no complaints about this pill besides a lack of sex drive. One plus was no more zits!"

Sara63 October 13, 2016

For Birth Control "I started this pill to test the waters about getting a birth control implant Nexplanon, which is the same hormone type treatment. I am glad I decided to try the pill before the implant. I was a shadow of myself on this pill. It was all I could do to get through the day, because it basically put me in survival mode. I felt sick and tired and I could not motivate myself to stay focused on any of my goals or obligations. It became difficult for me to work, and I have a very demanding job. It was hard to get out of bed. I started falling asleep involuntary every night once it really had a hold on me (week 3-4) I would pass out with my clothes on and without setting an alarm. I was depressed and my sex drive was altered, and my orgasms were sad."

11 October 6, 2016

For Birth Control "I switched from Vestura (generic Yaz) to Jolivette about a month and a half ago - I thought perhaps the Vestura was causing me to have a lower-than-usual libido. At first I felt no different, which was to be expected as a switch can take time to kick in. Just after I started my second pack I began to feel constantly and uncomfortably bloated. I read around and found that this severe bloating had affected many other users of Jolivette. It's unbearable and makes me feel like I'm always pregnant! I did take a couple tests just to be sure I wasn't and I'm not, just feeling super uncomfortable 24/7. I asked my pharmacy to switch me back to Vestura - the constant discomfort is not worth the possibility of a slightly increased libido"

Mal814 September 19, 2016

For Birth Control "I had still been spotting a little when I went to my post partum appointment and my doctor assured me that once I started taking the jolivette I would stop bleeding. I've been taking it for about a week and then started cramping and bleeding very heavily, about as much if not more than I was bleeding immediately after giving birth to my son. Now I'm concerned about how it may be affecting my milk supply. I feel like I can't get this medicine out of my system fast enough. I would NOT recommend it."

elysiawonder September 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I had previously been on Errin for 1 year. After switching pharmacies, they gave me the generic version, Jolivette. I'm finishing up my first pack this week. While on Errin, I had two periods a month (aggravating, I know!) but it was just like clockwork. After starting Jolivette, I had my first period during my second week but did not start on my fourth week like I did with Errin. Called my doctor and she told me that even though they are essentially the same drug, they can affect you differently. She told me to give it a few months to work itself out. The only complaint I would have so far, is how ridiculously pregnant it makes you feel. I had very sore and tender breast for almost 2 weeks and irregular periods! Time will tell!"

Emily D. September 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I've only been taking this pill a month. My son was 6weeks old when I started it. I'd just finished the bleeding process from my pregnancy. My Dr put me on that day. I've been bleeding ever since. My son is now 12 weeks so I've been bleeding for 6 weeks straight off and on. I was trying to figure out why I was producing less milk then usual. I figured it out the pill. I will not recommend this ("mini pill) to anyone. I lost weight after I had my son I was almost back on my pre pregnancy clothes. Today I went to get dressed and I couldn't fit anything. I'm completely bloated,irritable and I have constant migraines. I'm so done with this pill. We plan on getting pregnant on more time then I'm getting my tubes tied."

TerinLacrystal (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2016

For Birth Control "The first month I took this pill I had extremely tender and sore breasts. I also had spotting and got my period 4 times in two months. I finally stopped taking it the second week into the 3rd month because I got terrible acne like I've never had in my life and my period, again. Worst pill I've been on."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2016

For Birth Control "Tried for 3 months because all other types of pills were causing me ovulation cyst problems. Jolvette made me gain weight bloat break out on my face feel depressed have low libido and very swollen soar breasts. This pill is not worth the issues. I'm stopping immediately. I have never gain weight on a pill like this. I work out and am pretty fit. Hopefully I can loose it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2016

For Birth Control "After starting this birth control, I experienced mood swings of irritability and anger within taking the first pill, I also experienced severe bloating and bad acne. My milk supply dried up, which I was prescribed this pill to avoid decrease in milk supply. This is a horrible pill with horrible side effects."

Anonymous9175 (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2016

For Birth Control "I've just started my fourth pack and let me say this pill is amazing! I'm not breast feeding nor have I ever had a kid. I'm on a PoP because I've tried many other forms of the combined pill and I would have the worst side effects that would make me feel like I was going to die. On this pill I have had 0 adverse side effects and it is just amazing for me. I still get a period and t comes every month at the exact predicted time. The only difference is the length of the period varies. Sometimes it is a day or two longer sometimes it is a day or two shorter. It really isn't a big deal though. I love this pill and I am so thankful I finally found something that works for me."

VeronicaStar May 10, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on the nuva ring, depo shot, 3 different brands of pills, condoms, and finally switched midwives and she suggested jolivette. I am a newly married 26 year old elementary school teacher and athlete training for triathlons and I have been able maintain a lower weight. I still have a sex drive although I have lost my period now for 3 months. I'm currently an athletic size 10 so weight is not an issue there. The loss of a period leads to having to take monthly pregnancy tests but I'd rather have to take those than having a period or a child with fas. The only complaints are tender breasts practically constantly and 2-3 constant acne spots on my chin. Easily covered with foundation."

I've tried almost everything (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I started using Jolivette after my daughter was born; while I was breastfeeding. I've tried a lot of different types of BC over the years. This option was just OK - I really like using Seasonique better and will probably switch over at some point in the future. I'm not sure about weight gain (as I did just have a baby recently), but I have had A LOT of spotting... and it feels like it's never going to end."

KatieV March 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this for almost two years, with a couple of breaks in between. I had some severe dizziness that I my Dr thought was from Jolivette, it was not, so I went back on it. I have pretty awful migraines, this PoP doesn't seem to contribute to them other than the first week of taking them. First week brought some headaches, a little irritability, but it went away. I haven't gotten pregnant, so it's doing its job. My periods aren't as regular as they were with the patch, but, migraines. I can go six weeks without a period and then have one start five days after the last one ends. It isn't usually that extreme, but it can be."

Piperbast (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 2, 2016

For Birth Control "Long story short: I've never been able to take a BCP that didn't cause dibilitating side effects until now!!! I can't believe it! For years I have tried many different birth control methods including combination pills of all kinds and the ring. With each one, I would have terrible nausea, intractable vomiting, and eventually migranes. At first, my doctor told me I just needed to stick with it longer. Well, when I had to pull over on my ten minute drive on the highway to vomit on my way to work, I decided I couldn't do it anymore. I recently got a new midwife. She suggested this and I'm SO HAPPY. It's been about a week and I've had absolutely zero side effects. Call me crazy, but I think my libido and mood have actually elevated?"

Jennifroo (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2016

For Birth Control "I recently was required to switch to a progestin-only pill (the "mini pill") from a combo pill. I've been on Jolivette for 3 months now (about to finish my third month) and it's been a rough couple months. The first 2, I was concerned about how heavy my periods were and had quite possibly the worst cramps of my life. I have history of anemia related to heavy menstruation (which isn't normal), and I was beginning to exhibit similar signs. Same situation the second month. Plus so much spotting between periods. Now month 3 and things seem much calmer. THANK GOODNESS. Make sure you take the pill at the same exact time every single day to prevent pregnancy."

sweetsthrnsass (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2016

For Birth Control "Today was day 4 on jolivette and I was rendered completely useless. I woke up with paralyzing fear and had a headache will hallucinations all day long. I also felt nauseated and very cold. Jolivette made me totally unable to take care of my 2 month old and 15 month old!"

Alijo91 (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been using this pill for quite sometime now, I'm 24 years old and this is the only birth control I'm allowed on since I had a stroke back in 2012. And honestly it's terrible I don't stop bleeding on it. I actually use this pill to stop my bleeding. How so exactly? Well I use it to get a period, and when I stop using it my period stops for about a month or two and I have to take the pill to get my period again. It's a pain in the ass and confusing! However, I've never given the pill a fair shot, I've only stayed faithful on it for 2 months and my period wouldn't stop so I just stopped using it and my period went away. Idk what else to use."

Santi-J (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking this birth control for about 6 weeks now. My doctor prescribed this to me because I was having horrible migraines with one I was taking before. I haven't had my period yet, but have been spotting randomly since I started the pills. I used to have regular periods, so I'm not sure if I'm going to get them at all anymore. Not having the intense cramping every month like I used to is nice though. I haven't experienced any weight gain, or hair loss. Side effects that I have noticed are emotional. I have been experiencing severe mood swings, anxiety, fatigue, and depression. I know that I'm not pregnant, but this birth control makes me feel as though I am. Not sure if I'll continue taking it, for side effects may not be worth it."

Conflicted (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2016

For Amenorrhea "Began taking this a month ago for heavy periods and cysts. Not sure if I want to start the second pack after having an ocular migraine for 4 days. I take this like clockwork every night. Haven't had a period yet, no other side effects. Not sure if it's worth it, migraine or massive heavy periods? I'd almost rather have to wear 2 pads than be out for 4 plus days and counting with this migraine."

Bkittinger January 2, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for quite sometime. I was put on this pill because other birth control pills would affect my blood pressure. My period comes on time every month and lasts for 5 days exact. Bleeding is very heavy and the mood swings and aches can be intense."

Caribbean girl December 5, 2015