User Reviews for Jolivette

Learn more about Jolivette.

Amenorrhea 1 reviews 27 medications

Birth Control 55 reviews 282 medications

5.4
Endometriosis 3 reviews 160 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 4 reviews 162 medications

2.2
Summary of Jolivette reviews 63 reviews 4.9

Reviews for Jolivette

For Birth Control "I switched from Vestura (generic Yaz) to Jolivette about a month and a half ago - I thought perhaps the Vestura was causing me to have a lower-than-usual libido. At first I felt no different, which was to be expected as a switch can take time to kick in. Just after I started my second pack I began to feel constantly and uncomfortably bloated. I read around and found that this severe bloating had affected many other users of Jolivette. It's unbearable and makes me feel like I'm always pregnant! I did take a couple tests just to be sure I wasn't and I'm not, just feeling super uncomfortable 24/7. I asked my pharmacy to switch me back to Vestura - the constant discomfort is not worth the possibility of a slightly increased libido"

Mal814 September 19, 2016

For Birth Control "I had still been spotting a little when I went to my post partum appointment and my doctor assured me that once I started taking the jolivette I would stop bleeding. I've been taking it for about a week and then started cramping and bleeding very heavily, about as much if not more than I was bleeding immediately after giving birth to my son. Now I'm concerned about how it may be affecting my milk supply. I feel like I can't get this medicine out of my system fast enough. I would NOT recommend it."

elysiawonder September 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I had previously been on Errin for 1 year. After switching pharmacies, they gave me the generic version, Jolivette. I'm finishing up my first pack this week. While on Errin, I had two periods a month (aggravating, I know!) but it was just like clockwork. After starting Jolivette, I had my first period during my second week but did not start on my fourth week like I did with Errin. Called my doctor and she told me that even though they are essentially the same drug, they can affect you differently. She told me to give it a few months to work itself out. The only complaint I would have so far, is how ridiculously pregnant it makes you feel. I had very sore and tender breast for almost 2 weeks and irregular periods! Time will tell!"

Emily D. September 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I've only been taking this pill a month. My son was 6weeks old when I started it. I'd just finished the bleeding process from my pregnancy. My Dr put me on that day. I've been bleeding ever since. My son is now 12 weeks so I've been bleeding for 6 weeks straight off and on. I was trying to figure out why I was producing less milk then usual. I figured it out the pill. I will not recommend this ("mini pill) to anyone. I lost weight after I had my son I was almost back on my pre pregnancy clothes. Today I went to get dressed and I couldn't fit anything. I'm completely bloated,irritable and I have constant migraines. I'm so done with this pill. We plan on getting pregnant on more time then I'm getting my tubes tied."

TerinLacrystal (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2016

For Birth Control "The first month I took this pill I had extremely tender and sore breasts. I also had spotting and got my period 4 times in two months. I finally stopped taking it the second week into the 3rd month because I got terrible acne like I've never had in my life and my period, again. Worst pill I've been on."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2016

For Birth Control "Tried for 3 months because all other types of pills were causing me ovulation cyst problems. Jolvette made me gain weight bloat break out on my face feel depressed have low libido and very swollen soar breasts. This pill is not worth the issues. I'm stopping immediately. I have never gain weight on a pill like this. I work out and am pretty fit. Hopefully I can loose it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2016

For Birth Control "After starting this birth control, I experienced mood swings of irritability and anger within taking the first pill, I also experienced severe bloating and bad acne. My milk supply dried up, which I was prescribed this pill to avoid decrease in milk supply. This is a horrible pill with horrible side effects."

Anonymous9175 (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2016

For Birth Control "I've just started my fourth pack and let me say this pill is amazing! I'm not breast feeding nor have I ever had a kid. I'm on a PoP because I've tried many other forms of the combined pill and I would have the worst side effects that would make me feel like I was going to die. On this pill I have had 0 adverse side effects and it is just amazing for me. I still get a period and t comes every month at the exact predicted time. The only difference is the length of the period varies. Sometimes it is a day or two longer sometimes it is a day or two shorter. It really isn't a big deal though. I love this pill and I am so thankful I finally found something that works for me."

VeronicaStar May 10, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on the nuva ring, depo shot, 3 different brands of pills, condoms, and finally switched midwives and she suggested jolivette. I am a newly married 26 year old elementary school teacher and athlete training for triathlons and I have been able maintain a lower weight. I still have a sex drive although I have lost my period now for 3 months. I'm currently an athletic size 10 so weight is not an issue there. The loss of a period leads to having to take monthly pregnancy tests but I'd rather have to take those than having a period or a child with fas. The only complaints are tender breasts practically constantly and 2-3 constant acne spots on my chin. Easily covered with foundation."

I've tried almost everything (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 18, 2016

For Birth Control "I started using Jolivette after my daughter was born; while I was breastfeeding. I've tried a lot of different types of BC over the years. This option was just OK - I really like using Seasonique better and will probably switch over at some point in the future. I'm not sure about weight gain (as I did just have a baby recently), but I have had A LOT of spotting... and it feels like it's never going to end."

KatieV March 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this for almost two years, with a couple of breaks in between. I had some severe dizziness that I my Dr thought was from Jolivette, it was not, so I went back on it. I have pretty awful migraines, this PoP doesn't seem to contribute to them other than the first week of taking them. First week brought some headaches, a little irritability, but it went away. I haven't gotten pregnant, so it's doing its job. My periods aren't as regular as they were with the patch, but, migraines. I can go six weeks without a period and then have one start five days after the last one ends. It isn't usually that extreme, but it can be."

Piperbast (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 2, 2016

For Birth Control "Long story short: I've never been able to take a BCP that didn't cause dibilitating side effects until now!!! I can't believe it! For years I have tried many different birth control methods including combination pills of all kinds and the ring. With each one, I would have terrible nausea, intractable vomiting, and eventually migranes. At first, my doctor told me I just needed to stick with it longer. Well, when I had to pull over on my ten minute drive on the highway to vomit on my way to work, I decided I couldn't do it anymore. I recently got a new midwife. She suggested this and I'm SO HAPPY. It's been about a week and I've had absolutely zero side effects. Call me crazy, but I think my libido and mood have actually elevated?"

Jennifroo (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2016

For Birth Control "I recently was required to switch to a progestin-only pill (the "mini pill") from a combo pill. I've been on Jolivette for 3 months now (about to finish my third month) and it's been a rough couple months. The first 2, I was concerned about how heavy my periods were and had quite possibly the worst cramps of my life. I have history of anemia related to heavy menstruation (which isn't normal), and I was beginning to exhibit similar signs. Same situation the second month. Plus so much spotting between periods. Now month 3 and things seem much calmer. THANK GOODNESS. Make sure you take the pill at the same exact time every single day to prevent pregnancy."

sweetsthrnsass (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2016

For Birth Control "Today was day 4 on jolivette and I was rendered completely useless. I woke up with paralyzing fear and had a headache will hallucinations all day long. I also felt nauseated and very cold. Jolivette made me totally unable to take care of my 2 month old and 15 month old!"

Alijo91 (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been using this pill for quite sometime now, I'm 24 years old and this is the only birth control I'm allowed on since I had a stroke back in 2012. And honestly it's terrible I don't stop bleeding on it. I actually use this pill to stop my bleeding. How so exactly? Well I use it to get a period, and when I stop using it my period stops for about a month or two and I have to take the pill to get my period again. It's a pain in the ass and confusing! However, I've never given the pill a fair shot, I've only stayed faithful on it for 2 months and my period wouldn't stop so I just stopped using it and my period went away. Idk what else to use."

Santi-J (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking this birth control for about 6 weeks now. My doctor prescribed this to me because I was having horrible migraines with one I was taking before. I haven't had my period yet, but have been spotting randomly since I started the pills. I used to have regular periods, so I'm not sure if I'm going to get them at all anymore. Not having the intense cramping every month like I used to is nice though. I haven't experienced any weight gain, or hair loss. Side effects that I have noticed are emotional. I have been experiencing severe mood swings, anxiety, fatigue, and depression. I know that I'm not pregnant, but this birth control makes me feel as though I am. Not sure if I'll continue taking it, for side effects may not be worth it."

Conflicted (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2016

For Amenorrhea "Began taking this a month ago for heavy periods and cysts. Not sure if I want to start the second pack after having an ocular migraine for 4 days. I take this like clockwork every night. Haven't had a period yet, no other side effects. Not sure if it's worth it, migraine or massive heavy periods? I'd almost rather have to wear 2 pads than be out for 4 plus days and counting with this migraine."

Bkittinger January 2, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for quite sometime. I was put on this pill because other birth control pills would affect my blood pressure. My period comes on time every month and lasts for 5 days exact. Bleeding is very heavy and the mood swings and aches can be intense."

Caribbean girl December 5, 2015

For Birth Control "I tried 6 different pills before finding Jolivette. I've been on it for four years now, and haven't had a period in that time -- it's amazing! No side effects, my migraines are gone. It's been a life saver. Before Jolivette, I would have periods for up to 3 months at a time. I have recommended it to all of my friends, none of whom have had a negative experience yet."

SatisfiedStacy November 10, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Omg, where to begin. Doc had me switch from Yasmin (on for over 15yrs) to Jolivette. I have been on it for 3 years (?). My symptoms have been: weight gain, inability to lose weight (very slow loss) despite 6 day workouts and calorie (low carb) control, hot flashes, night sweats, neck pain, headaches, low energy, terrible depression, insane hostile angry mood swings and constant irritability. I went to the doctor as I thought I might be in early menopause. A battery of tests and blood work came up empty. She dismissed that Jolivette was the cause. Finally, googled it and found countless forums of women in the same boat as me. It's been 3 weeks since I stopped the pill and most notably my moods has been so even no irritability at all!"

Helen Back (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 4, 2015

For Birth Control "I have only been on Jolivette for a month after my daughter was born. First of all she is 2 months old and in that entire time I have been on a period except for 3 days of very light spotting. I feel like I'm going to bleed forever. It's not heavy it just doesn't stop. It also made my milk supply low which has me supplementing with formula and I have never had acne this bad in my life. My entire face is covered! I am stopping use of this pill immediately. I would rather use condoms than deal with this nonsense. I'm having to use them anyway since you have to take the pill the same time everyday and I always forget. If I wanna get back on the pill I'll take a normal one in 4-6 months when I'm done breast feeding."

Anonymous October 25, 2015

"On 4th month of this new pill. I was told to stop beyaz immediately because of my optical migraines. I now have no periods which I wasn't having much anyway, but side effects are horrible!!!! Waiting for doc to call me now. Hands swell and joints hurt, optical migraine twice already on it, regular headaches now all the time, body aches in arms and ankles, emergency room for severe neck spasms after not being in ER for 20 years. Not sure all this is from pill, but I am healthy and don't get colds or anything and all this started when switched to this pill. OH and this pill can cause ovarian cysts. UNHAPPY"

cg24 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for almost 5 years. It has been ok. Except I got pregnant while taking it as prescribed. Didn't miss a day. Didn't take it late-or did I? If I did it was within a 15 minute window-it always is. Same time every day. I had a miscarriage but my obgyn says it had nothing to do with the pill...I have horrible mood swings too. My husband can predict my start date based on how insanely moody, aggressive and angry I am. It is always 5 days before I start that I am most insane. Always! The mood swings are so bad I'm considering getting off the pill altogether. Everyone's different. That's my experience."

Mamacita1980 September 24, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been taking this pill for a year, after my son was born they prescribed it to me because I was breastfeeding I lost a lot of my pregnancy weight, but within three to four months I gaming 10lbs back maybe even 20lbs. Horrible right. I didn't have a period for 7 months. Now I get irregular periods, light periods. My doctor sent me to get a ultrasound to see what else might have been causing the irregular periods. They found something on both ovaries so my doctor is switching me from Jolivette to something else. I've had hair loss with this pill, weight gain and dramatic mood swings and out of control hot flashes. It's horrible I feel like I am having early Menopause. Oh yea also made milk supply low"

Dexa September 11, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on the pill for 3 months. As soon as I started taking it my milk supply dropped so drastically that I had to rent a hospital grade pump to keep up with my daughter. I gained 17 lbs in 4 weeks which is awful considering I was finally getting rid of my baby weight. I've never had acne and my arms are now completely broken out. Terrible pill! I think it must be great for keeping you from getting pregnant though...who wants sex when you feel fat, tired, hungry, while covered in acne!"

Esquared (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2015