User Reviews for Heather

Endometriosis

1 review 103 medications
Summary of Heather reviews 5.6 16 reviews

Reviews for Heather

For Birth Control "This birth control is AWFUL. Within the first two weeks of taking it I've had unpredictable bleeding, extreme mood swings, and horrible acne. I hate not being able to predict my period."

alli432 (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2019

For Birth Control "I am at the end of my third month taking this minipill. For me the worst side effect has been irregular periods/bleeding. I have periodic (no pun intended, really) spotting that I never had before, and my last two cycles have been MAJORLY thrown off. My normal cycle length is about 24 days long, and I recently had a 14 day cycle, and then an 11 day cycle. This put me about 8 days between periods, which is no fun at all, and has put a damper on intimacy a few times. The last period was very light compared to my normal flow. Also, I was about 11 hours late taking one pill in between these two cycles. I have noticed some correlation between being late by even a couple hours, and spotting, so that one missed pill probably could have thrown me off a lot. I'm sticking with the pill for now to give my body a chance to get used to it and adjust, as I have read that this is one of the most common side effects."

fs December 27, 2018

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Periods are not as heavy but very random and I have some sort of bleeding or spotting 2-3 wks per mth total only random days off. Breasts were very sensitive and sore but that stopped and now they're slightly bigger."

Moonkittyleo (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2018

For Endometriosis "Taking this medicine is a severe mistake. This drug does not AT ALL reduce cramping, bleeding severity, or promote bodily menstrual regularity. Instead, after only 2 months of using it, my hair is falling out in the shower, my acne is severe, I've gained 11 pounds, and my anxiety is unbearable. This drug has caused me to have a period every 2 weeks since being on it, and with each period I am vomiting and swelling up. My breasts are so tender that I cannot even put a bra on. I am entirely exhausted all of the time - something I NEVER had an issue with until taking this medicine. I have an appointment first thing tomorrow to come off of this drug - what a nightmare."

blondie (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2018

For Birth Control "I was prescribed Heather after the birth of my daughter for contraception while breastfeeding. Let me just say, it’s the worst. I don’t remember which mini pill I took after my son was born but it did not affect me this way so I can pinpoint Heather as the problem. I too have been getting a period every other week for what seems like forever. It sucks! I have actually stopped taking it am still dealing with its adverse affects as it get’s out of my system. If you’re doing your own research before you see your doc to discuss mini pills, request something else!"

Stafu (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2018

For Birth Control "This pill did it's job of protecting me a 33 year old overweight female. However, it caused horrible mood swings, weight gain and anxiety. My breasts were always tender and it did alter my sex drive."

Jess (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 9, 2018

For Birth Control "I started using Heather about a year ago , I am unable to use combination pills due to migraines: It started off okay but gradually worsened. About four months ago I started becoming extremely irritable and sad, I would lose large clumps of hair in the shower , I got constant yeast infections which made me extremely uninterested in sex, I have my period twice a month which lasts about 8 days each time and are only a week apart and my skin is terrible despite drinking water and exercising. I even have pain during intercourse which has never been an issue for me. This birth control has caused so much tension in my relationship. I thought I was going crazy , but after seeing so many similar experiences I’m going to discontinue this pill ASAP."

Cam September 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I cannot use birth control with estrogen due to migraines. I have been on this pill just for just over a year. At first it was great. Mild or no periods at all. But about 8 months after I began taking it I started having a period every 2 weeks. It is just as heavy and painful as it was pre birth control. Not a fan of Heather any more."

Smallfry77 February 21, 2018

For Birth Control "I've been taking this pill for almost 2 years because they stopped making Camilla. On Camilla, I had no periods. With Heather, I have gotten my period back. Unfortunately, over the past 1.7 years, my period has gone from something that lasted a week, to one that trickles out for 2 weeks. And I don't even think of not taking the pill at the same time every day. Even missing it by 1/2 hour caused me to have a period for a week, then my regular period would start. I can say that my boobs hurt and I'd get a break out of pimples at some point before my period, pretty predictably. My sex drive also waned, and found that I would need to use lube when it comes to sex, whereas I did not have that problem before. I'm now considering another pill since my pimples seem to be becoming more severe (relative to not having pimples in the past) and are staying with me longer. I'm tired of periods lasting 2 weeks! I gave it a good amount of time, it just doesn't seem to be working for me."

Jean_Na_Te January 29, 2018

For Birth Control "This birth control was awesome!! I'm a type 1 diabetic so it's very important that I chose a birth control that wouldn't aggravate my blood sugars. I was only on Heather for a few weeks, but didn't experience any adverse side effects, and my blood sugars didn't spike or anything. The only symptom I can think of is a slight loss in sex drive, but nothing too hampering. It only cost $4 a month! (without insurance but with a voucher) Think I found my preferred BC!"

t1d (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2018

For Birth Control "The pill is effective in the sense of I'm not pregnant, but I got a lot of adverse effects. I got switched to the Heather pill after my pharmacy didn't carry the generic version. After 2 months of use I started to get some adverse effects. It started with random spotting everyday and I couldn't lose weight. They were irritating but I continued use. It wasn't until I started getting headaches, becoming confused and couldn't concentrate where it became a problem. I broke out in a rash for a few days and I have been emotionless. I would say use at your own risk."

kylb (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2017

For Birth Control "I've had trouble finding a birth control that wouldn't make me gain weight, give me UTI's, or make me depressed. I have finally found the one!!! This birth control has given me no issues at all. At first my period was a little irregular when adjusting to this pill, but now it comes regularly and I have no negative side effects. You do have to be a little more exact with the time you take this BC, but I have my phone alarm set every day to the same time so it's usually not a problem. The only time it is, is when my schedule is a little out of whack. Other than that this is the best birth control I've taken and will continue to take."

tdemps April 10, 2017

For Birth Control "I at 53 I took Heather for birth control for the last 3 1/2 yrs. My doctor decided that I should not be on the pill anymore and I needed to stop taking them. During the time I was on the pill I never had a period. I loved it, no weight gain, no side effects. Since I have been off of them I still have no period. My doctor said I probably will have gone through menopause and never had the symptoms."

chrissypoo123 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I started taking Heather shortly after giving birth so that it wouldn't reduce my milk supply and I've been taking it for over a year now. I am still breast-feeding and have not had a period this entire time. I've also noticed that my moods are greatly restrained, meaning I almost never cry (even when I want to, like funerals), but I also don't get overly happy either. I've been losing weight this whole time (still overweight), which may be related to the breast-feeding or not."

SilverLo (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 23, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been on this Heather daily pill for one month and a half and I'm not really liking it. I've been getting my period EVERY week for 3 days. And it's even worse that it starts on Thursdays which means I'm on it over the weekend. I'm just going to finish the rest of this month's pills and if it doesn't get better I'm switching to something else."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2014

For Birth Control "My doctor suggested I go on this so that I could help dissolve my ovarian cysts, help my excruciating periods and of course for pregnancy prevention. Other pills had horrible side effects with my mood, and made me feel worse than ever, but since I've been on Heather (about 6 weeks) I feel great.. no bad moods, my skin has always been bad, so no changes there, my breasts have grown for sure, I'm just starting to spot and cramp mildly, but if that's going to replace my normal excruciating period, than I'm perfectly fine with that. My job is very physically and mentally demanding, and it hasn't affected it, accept maybe my breast tenderness. But I would definitely suggest this."

hairbandgemini (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2013