User Reviews for Aygestin to treat Endometriosis

Reviews for Aygestin

Cat · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 23, 2020

“I have had excessive bleeding, blood clots and bad cramps since 2016. This medicine Aygestin is my last resort, I've been trying to avoid surgery. This medicine has helped with my symptoms, however, I have experienced some side effects from Aygestin, 1. Allergy symtoms: runny nose and sneezing (daily). 2. Acid reflex (daily). 3. nervousness (occasional). 4. Mood swings, feeling uptight (daily). 5. Feeling hot (daily). 6. Trouble sleeping (occasional). 7. Frequent urge to urinate. 8. Weight gain. Although I had these side effect symptoms it is still better than what I had previously experienced, I am considering surgery. I just want to feel somewhat normal again.”

MissLeopard83 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 9, 2020

“The doctor placed me on this when I came off the birth control patch and had magnified symptoms such as excruciating cramps and extended bleeding. While these were both suppressed by the norethindrone, this medicine brought on a whole host of new side effects: hot flashes, night sweats, oily skin and hair, acne, water retention, breast tenderness, and - holy heck - the MOOD SWINGS! I feel like I'm yelling at everyone! I have PMDD and this medicine has made it 10x worse where I cannot stand to be around anyone and vice versa. I decided to tell my doctor about it this week and he wanted to give me the Minivelle Dot to see if that would help, but I felt even worse after wearing it for 5 hours. I decided to go back on Xulane because at least that controls all the symptoms even if I do have spotting for most of the month. I'd rather deal with that than feeling like this!”

princesslbc83 November 19, 2009

“Having no periods every month is wonderful and all my pain from endometriosis has subsided. I feel wonderful, but did experience quite a bit of weight gain with this medication but in the long run it is worth it.”

kldn June 4, 2008

“I had 3 surgeries in 3 years for endometriosis. Tried several different birth control pills and lupron. I missed over 80 days school each year for two years and then was home bound for several months a third year due to the chronic pain of endometriosis. After about 6 months on Aygestin and several doses I was back to "normal." Since then I have only had one surgery in 6 years. I have taken the medicine daily for 7 years, without it I don't know where I would be.”

Learn more about Endometriosis

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)