User Reviews for Nebivolol systemic

High Blood Pressure
6.6

Summary of Nebivolol reviews 6.6 179 reviews

Reviews for Nebivolol

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "Was using Lisinopril /HCTZ 20/12.5 for 7 years with excellent results. BP usually 120/70. Occasional dips in hot weather, and adjusted dosage down. New MD was adamant about trying 10mg Bystolic for a year. BP control was erratic, and always high, usually 145/90 heart rate fell to 45 consistently. Low energy, leg swelling, face swelling, irritability, insomnia. Switched back, and suddenly feel 10 years younger. Bystolic was not a good choice for me."

Florida early retiree (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 1, 2019

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "I've been on Atenolol/Chlorthalidone 100/25 for 15 years and my controlled BP is average 95-105/65-70 my controlled heart rate/pulse has been in the mid-high 60's and I feel great! I asked my DR to let me try Bystolic 5mg for the mere reason of possible cause of med-induced ED- it hardly does anything for me- BP is now in the 150s+/110s+ and HR is 130+ NOT GOOD. Taking a 2nd 5mg only lowers the BP by 3-8/2-20 but does nothing for the HR. I feel absolutely horrible on Bystolic- sick stomach, raging headache beyond belief along with joint/muscular pain. Give me the old tried/true atenolol/chlorthalidone 100/25 and I'll deal with the "possible ED effects" otherwise!"

TY18202 (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2019

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "This drug had some weird effects for me. I'm 21 and was on 5 mg for one year. I felt tired a good amount of the time, but I tried to remain active and exercise. When I did exercise, my endurance was great. I went from running 15 minutes a few times a week before this drug to running 45-50 minutes 4-5 times a week and I never really wore out. I think it was because it increased nitric oxide bioavailability. I just never wore out during exercise, but always felt like I could take a nap. Just weird. Also had the vivid dreams and made me apathetic. Just not something I wanted to be on long term"

PTCon (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 12, 2018

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "I have been taking Bystolic since May of 2017. It seemed to be working, on occasions it would spike to 130-140 but for the most part stayed in the 115-125 range. Two weeks ago it started running in the 140's- 170's for some unknown reason! The lower range is still in the 60's-70' range. What is going on? My heart rate stays between 42-49. The lower the heart rate the higher the pressure!"

Tom (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 20, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "Being a former heavy smoker, I had HBP (high blood pressure) and had been on 40mg Micardis since 1995. 3 years ago, my pulse had been really high, 100 to 120+ and I always feel tired because of my racing heart and I can feel a fluttering feeling in my chest. My Cardiologist shifted me to Carvedilol 2 years ago and all was well except it gave me ED. I heard about Nerbivolol and asked my daughter, who is a physician, if I can swap to it. She agreed and now I always have 120/80 and pulse is 58-70! Very happy, no untoward side effects on me at all (so far) but a bit concerned after reading here that it may cause weight gain"

BongC36 (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2018

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "After trying a number of antihypertensives, all of which made me sick including lisinopril, norvasc, valsartan, irbesartan, and others (hyponatremia, anemia, insomnia, fatigue, depression), the last one they gave me was Bystolic 10mg. Felt bad, cold hands and feet, tingling feet, fatigue, insomnia, etc., so cut pills in half. On 5mg, tingling went away, but blood test found low sodium and anemia again, so I stopped completely. Now BP is higher than ever, and after 3 months my feet still feel cold, even on a hot day. Referred to a specialist. Fingers crossed."

Carl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 14, 2018

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "If it were not for Bystolic I may have been dead long ago. I've been on it for three years no problams. My pressure can go 185/130 it keeps my diastolic where it should be. For the systolic I take candesartan which works well also no side effects. I take my meds at night that's when highest."

May (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 10, 2018

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "I’ve been on Bystolic 5mg since March 2018 when I started to feel my heart flutter a couple of times a week. Besides the Bystolic I’ve been on lisonpril 40mg, Pravastatin 20 mg and 80 mg low dose aspirin for about 5 years. I’ve noticed what feels like dizziness, lightheadedness, and disorientation especially when I’m driving. And it always seems to be the right side of my head/face. Today I had a really bad episode(s) going to work and driving home. I had to pull over to the side of the road this morning until it passed but then it came back so quickly I couldn’t find a place to pull over so I ended up driving the rest of the way to work verbalizing your ok, your ok just to focus on something besides that feeling. Same thing happened on my way home. I’m terrified that I’m going to pass out or drive off the road and kill someone or myself. This med has also caused me to gain weight, lose focus and memory, diminished sex drive, can’t fall asleep."

Paula July 2, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "Put on this for PVCs (Premature Ventricle contractions) and PACs (Premature Atrial Contractions) after trying Topral and Acebutolol and Atenolol. Loved Atenolol , but started lowering my pulse to 40's and my palps increased. So I was put on this. I HATE IT. Since day one I have had hot flashes - yet I've be done with menopause for 2 years. I have increased anxiety, ringing in my ears, insomnia, I'm almost depressed. I just SIT with no motivation to do anything. I was put on this and told to go exercise again (had stopped for a couple months due to an injury). I have no desire to do a damned thing, even shop! I emailed my doc immediately and he said to give it another 10 days. I am so, so angry. I'm really not sure I can last another 10 days. I've been on it for 7, already. Never had this kind of reaction to any of the other BB's I have tried. Now I understand I need to carefully wean off of this. Ridiculous! Oh, I am a nurse, by the way."

55 year old female (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2018

For Mitral Valve Prolapse: "I have mild Mitral Valve Prolapse but my resting heart rate is low 45 bpm to 50bpm. My Dr suggest 1.25 one time a day with duloxitine because I have panic attacks and anxiety. Do you think I can take this with my low heart rate? "

Abidalimallah May 9, 2018

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "Been on it since 2014 my heart was fluttering over an entire weekend and went to hospital on Sunday night . They released me with the flutters still happening . On Tuesday I went to my doctor and he prescribed bystolic 20 mgs and been taking them now for about 4 years. I went from 20mg to 10mg at one point and all has been good. I never had any side effects. I can fall asleep in 3 seconds literally . My blood pressure is around 120-130 over 80. Pulse is 64-66.... so I have benefitted from this drug"

Diego May 4, 2018

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "Bystolic has been the best of the beta blockers I have had to take following a massive type II thoracic aorta dissection about five years ago. I have had no side effects, my blood pressure is great, and it has produced the least amount of daily sleepiness and weight gain. I take 20 mg a day now. My cardiologist had me split the dosage into a night and day dosage, but Aetna decided they know better and I have to take all 20 mg at night. I am grateful that Bystolic works so well, but disappointed that my max heart rate is about 109 bpm now. I get tired very easily when hiking or cycling, making it harder to get in better shape, burn calories, and lose weight. I am alive, but can do fewer things with my teenaged sons. At 57 years old, I miss doing more things with them outside or some of the exercises I used to do. All beta blockers have the same effect on max heart rate, so there isn’t much I can do."

pelotasdad (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 27, 2018

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "Put on bystolic for HBP. Did not help at all. Nauseated, dizzy, pressure in neck and head, upset stomach, heart flutters. Had to stay in bed for 3 days. Thought I was going to have heart attack or stroke. Still trying to get it out of my system after 4 days. Slightly better but still nauseated and heart still flutters."

Jay (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2018

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "Been on 2.5 mg bystolic Daily for 2 weeks now. Half in morning half at night. At first only side effects I had were blurred vision and light headed after an hour of taking the dose. After 2 weeks I have many side effects. Dizziness, tingling wrists and feet, light headed. And feel some chest discomfort. Also I have no energy to walk or hike . Did I mention the lack of sleep at night. ..terrible."

Aceman (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "I have high blood pressure and am taking Twynsta for a few years now. Took nebivolol along with Twynsta on the advise of my cardiologist. Did not work. My bp stayed at 150/90 with or without nebivolol. Finally went off it. None of the symptoms described by the other users though."

baccanalus (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 2, 2018

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "One unique thing about this drug is my bp actually goes up for a hour or so after I take it. When I first took it I had similar side effects as when I was on metoprolol and lisinopril which was nausea, reflux and later sexual side effects and trouble sleeping. With my Bystolic most side effects went away and I have a bit of a sex life :)"

Wiskbroom (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2018

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "I took Bystolic 5mg for the first time in the morning and by late afternoon I all of a sudden felt flushed, really cold and started shaking badly. My wife took me to the ER and about 45 minutes later it subsided. ER Dr. could not say the Bystolic caused it but recommended not taking it again. That was last Aug. and I have not been the same since. I reported my experience to the FDA online for what it’s worth. Could have been anxiety/panic attack which I never had before. I got my BP down with diet, exercise, lowering stress and working with new Dr now. But if I do need to take medicine in the future I have no idea which one is the safest. But trying one and going to the ER is not going to happen to me again. As a society we need to treat the cause of high BP and other health issues not the symptoms."

Bob (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2018

For High Blood Pressure: "After trying almost every hypertension medication out there, Nebivolol was the first one that did not cause nasty side-effects. Angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) gave me severe angioedema, angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibitor (ACE inhibitor) were a non-option after that, Calcium channel blockers (CCB) amlodopin worked on bp, but made me exhausted. Spilolactone was like chemical castration, tiadzide-diuretics made me extremely dizzy...all this and a few more unsuitable ones. It took two years to finally find something that worked without making me dysfunctional. Nebivolol is quite enough on it’s own and is paired with amiloride now. BP still a bit high, but at least I can function. Nebivolol does not cause erectile dysfunction either."

Hyper (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 16, 2018

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "I had the side effects of extreme fatigue, & upset stomach to one whom has never suffered either. Stuff knocks me out like a sleeping pill. Took Atenolol for two decades with energy to spare & normal eating. Now my stomach turns audibly every day on this. Lost 15lbs, (that I needed) in 60days on this. Sleep 12+ odd hours a day where I've gone on consistent 7 hours my entire life before bystolic. Loathe it."

WorstBeta (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2018

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "Started 5mg Bystolic in July 2017. Lowered my BP to unsafe levels 90/50 as well as my heart rate 47 bpm. Could not sleep well 3-4 hours nighty and had a jittery feeling throughout the day. Reduced dosage to 2.5 mg. Even at that dose I experienced unsatisfactory results. Started breaking the 2.5mg in half and I'm sleeping better and my BP runs around 112/60. Still have the jitters however. I run daily and have difficulty getting my heart rate above 110. It's seems there's a price to pay for many medications, often more than I'm willing to accept. Quality of life issues."

Tj 1980 January 31, 2018

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "Am so so scared and tired with no hope in future. I have a 15 years old daughter. I was on 2.5 mg and they increased my dose to 5 mgs in October. Since then I've had no proper sleep. My GP reduced to 2,5 mgs again but I need more to go 1,25 mgs or swap for another one. My lack of sleep interfere with everything please please any help ideas"

Neto 64 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 27, 2018

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "Took Bystolic 5 mg for a year. Episodes short of breath while exercising. progressively tired with no energy. A general feeling of unwellness. To top it off, each month, it controlled my bp less and less. And I Gained 30 lbs. Never had any of these issues before! Switched to Atenolol 25 mg. Still tired but the feeling of unwellness gone. No more breathing issues while exercising. BP is controlled well. However, My hair is starting to thin (Never had hair issues before). My plan is to stay on Atenolol for now, FORCE myself to start exercising again, tired or not, lose the weight, start natural supplements to lower bp. Hopefully, once I lose weight/exercise more, I can get off the nightmare bp meds. I want my life back again. :("

Sunshine247365 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 17, 2018

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "This drug was a nightmare in real life. The first day I took it I began have severe chills but was diaphoretic, worst chest pain I ever had, my blood pressure went sky high 204/110 range, etc, I did not take it very long. In the subsequent time since I stopped I am still experiencing some break thru problems that I hope go away."

Sand90 (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2018

Bystolic (nebivolol) for High Blood Pressure: "Was put on bystolic for high blood pressure induced by stress. This is a horrible medication. I was only on 12.5 mg once a day and side effects were intolerable. Extreme flushing and feeling of anxiety. ...stomach pain. My blood pressure actually spiked after taking this medication. Also caused bad insomnia. I was in bed awake until 4 a.m. for 3 nights in a row when I finally decided to go my doctor and got switched to another medication. Seems doctors are always trying to push the new and latest version of drugs, just to report back to the drug companies. Will never take it again."

Roie October 26, 2017

For High Blood Pressure: "I am about to die due to this tablet. It has damaged all the muscles in my body except heart and lungs. As per my experience it's not cardio selective as claimed at 5 mg . Induced nitric oxide is bad for mitochondria. Please stay away from this tablet. Instead go for calcium channel blocker. Eat sugar beat to increase nitric oxide in the arteries. This keeps blood pressure under control"

Djumesh October 18, 2017