User Reviews for Morphine Sulfate IR

Chronic Pain 7 reviews 111 medications

6.9
Summary of Morphine Sulfate IR reviews 9 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Morphine Sulfate IR

For Chronic Pain "I was in a severe car accident and broke both hips, both shoulders, 6 cervical and 5 lumber and 1 thoracic vertebrae. I had to increase pain relievers, but the Tylenol with Codeine causes my liver enzymes to increase. So, I combine the morphine 15mg with Fentanyl patches (was at 75, dropped to 25, but back up to 50), for immediate relief. This allows me to be able to get out of bed and do activities and I'm in bed until it kicks in. I'm also on Gabapentin 800mg 3x daily and Soma. I have flu like symptoms when I miss my dose, so having to time my medical appointments to always be exactly on a day when I'm going to run out is an ongoing problem. Also, being on morphine means that I have to have dilaudid after surgeries."

Spike89 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 25, 2016

For Chronic Pain "My doctor prescribes Morphine Sulfate IR 15, to me for chronic pain. I get a really bad pain in my abdomen immediately after I take a dose, happens every time. Does anybody have this problem? The only thing I like about taking Morphine, is that I don't get groggy from it, but, it doesn't seem to "kill" my pain completely. My doctor used to prescribe me Oxycodone 40 mg, I couldn't stand the way that it made me feel, I'd get drowsy and feel like I was on Heroin or something and it didn't take away my pain."

wayneversola November 12, 2015

For Chronic Pain "I take Morphine Sulfate, 30mg;bid. I take Morphine for an incurrable brain disease. I take 3 narcotic medications for the absolutely unbareable pain I experience 8 times per day, at the exact same time. The Morphine IR 30mg. takes about a 1/0th of the pain away in about 20 minutes. If no relief in 20 minutes I take one more. For me Morphine IR 30 mg. is a good choice, it works fairly well, and does not interact with my other medications, which are many."

rascleo July 29, 2015

For Chronic Pain "I've been taking Morphine Sulfate IR 15 mg for Two yrs now. It gives me 80% relief I have 2 herniated disk and degenerative disk disease. I'm on disability. I can at least walk for longer than 10 minutes now. I know I should be on something a bit stronger but here in Michigan doctors a very reluctant to prescribe due to those who abuse! "

MyBackHurts2 January 21, 2015

For Chronic Pain "After getting a bad infection meningitis I had some long term damage. I have migraines daily and fibromyalgia and interstitial cystitis. I can't take most pain medication because it can make it worse. Morphine is the only one that has worked for me & I'm able to live a life! It's been 7 years and my dose has stayed the same. I take morphine sulphate IR 30, 3 times a day. No side effects no more. I can drive & it doesn't affect daily activities. But be careful it causes constipation. So if you are on it I recommend that you take a stool softener & vitamins."

rocker-chick96 August 10, 2014

For Chronic Pain "This is for IR not SR or ER morphine. It's great. I have terrible reactions to extended release. I'm taking 15mg at 2 hour intervals. I've been working with where my pain is, yet it still hurts. I know a higher dose will do better, but Morphine Sulfate IR is going okay for now."

PainGuy123 (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2013

For Chronic Pain "Morphine sulphate IR does help me to function on a daily basis. I take it in conjunction with MScontin. I suffer from fibromyalgia, degenerative disc disease, carpal tunnel, herniated discs, ruptured discus, and I also have hepatitis C. Therefore taking anything containing Aspirin or Tylenol would compromise liver health. I also have chronic pancreas. I am afraid to have surgery, I have blood drawn every 3 months to check my liver function checked. I have remained in remission for over 3 yrs this time. I did have a bout of pancreatitis 2 months ago. I don't drink alcohol either."

Chrissy cakes (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 12, 2012

"The best pain medication, that I have ever used. Been on pain meds for 25 yrs. If not for this I would not be able to walk."

Anonymous September 30, 2012

For Pain "I have been on morphine for at least 7 years..It is the only medicine that seems to manage my pain. Without it I would be in bed 90% of the time. With it I can have a life."

ladykatg May 8, 2010

For Pain "I have been in severe pain from the age of 12 . I am now 30 and have been on many different medicines. This is the only medicine that lets me live my life with my 3 kids and husband. I love morphine and would never take anything else."

Jrzymom August 20, 2009