User Reviews for Morphine Sulfate ER to treat Pain

Morphine Sulfate ER has an average rating of 7.6 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings for the treatment of Pain. 71% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 14% reported a negative experience.

Morphine Sulfate ER rating summary

7.6/10 average rating

Compare all 1362 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

AnmlGuy · Taken for 5 to 10 years · December 7, 2017

"After years of lower back pain and 4 pain specialists, I finally found a doctor/team that listen and cared. Switched off of Norco, Vicodin, and numerous other opiates to MS Coton. Went from 60mg/3X a day to 15mg/2X a day and am relatively comfortable and pain free. I operate farm machinery and take care of livestock daily and have for the 5 years I have been on this medication. Never had an accident or made a mistake due to medication. I just hope/wish our politicians can see that these meds have benefits when appropriate and used correctly. They have given me the ability to function and make a living doing what I love."

TeethFallingApart · Taken for 2 to 5 years · February 13, 2017

"I am on 2 100mg Morphine Sulfate ER tablets daily. I have been on this for about 2½ years now. It does work well for my pain (blow disc and sciatica in lower back, and Severe RA), but I am very concerned about a side effect that I am having. My teeth are breaking apart. I had a great set of teeth before I started taking the morphine. Now, after just a little over two years, I have lost 2 molars completely and have 3 molars that are broken and falling apart. My teeth are also starting to stain badly, no matter how much I brush them. My molars are constantly causing me a lot of pain. After researching a bit here online, I now realize that it is the morphine causing my teeth to just break and fall apart. Any Help Please???"

Ashleyr7710 · September 24, 2011

"I have been in pain care since I had my child a year and a half ago due to arthritis, my hips being offset from giving birth, and a spine curvature which I need a breast reduction for. I started out with Vicodin and was going through about 7 pills a day. I was later switched to Oxycontin 15 mg three times daily. It worked for a while but it would make me high and then very tired. I became very tolerant to the medication and was switched to Morphine Sulfate ER and it works wonders! I take one in the morning and one before bed and the one I take in the morning lasts all day and keeps me pain free!"

brooklyn2541 · January 31, 2011

"I have had excruciating pain for 4 years. I used from fentanyl patch to morphine sulfate CR. The change is dramatic, no third day withdrawals. Have 24 hr coverage, not for 48 hours. Living in the South, the auto's temp rises to 140 in the car and the patch is not meant for dramatic temperature changes."

efloyd105 · February 16, 2012

"Although I am on a small dosage, it helps me function better with then without."

Anonymous · November 26, 2019

"They say this form of morphine is resistant to being abused. Which basically just means that it makes you feel like complete garbage. Worst headache of my life if it is not broke don’t fix."

Anonymous · March 8, 2011