User Reviews for Kadian to treat Chronic Pain

Kadian has an average rating of 8.1 out of 10 from a total of 14 ratings for the treatment of Chronic Pain. 71% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Kadian Rating Summary

8.1/10 average rating

Compare all 48 medications used in the treatment of Chronic Pain.

Reviews for Kadian

Rez40 · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 21, 2018

“After trying Percocet, OxyContin and several other types of pain medication my doctor prescribed me Kadian and by far this is the best medication I have ever used for my chronic pain from Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis. I am on the low dose 10mg and it has outperformed the 40mg OxyContin I was on.”

TTwotone November 20, 2016

“I have been using Kadian for about 5 years and it has kept my pain at bay. I was recently switched to Morphine and the pain that drives me crazy came back well before I could take another pill (8 hr). I found this intolerable and went back to the Kadian. As of Jan. of 2017 the only thing my doctor says I will be able to get is EMBEDA. I have not tried it yet but was denied coverage by my insurance. The DEA should not interfere with patients getting their proper medication!”

yjn · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 25, 2014

“Two scripts (different mg) Kadian(brand only) therapeutic amount by far the best long acting narcotic I've taken (with Lyrica ,Topomax , Zanaflex, etc). Struck by lightning- neurological effects; fibromyalgia; thoracic outlet syndrome; spinal stenosis in cervical, thoracic & lumbar. 3 level lumbar decompression -power wheelchair; thoracic spinal surgery, and so much more.”

sas1217 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 11, 2017

“Kadian is AMAZING! I've been a pain sufferer for decades. I suffer from spinal stenosis/spindylosis; cervical neuralgia, etc. I've had multiple cervical fusions (anterior & posterior) with hardware. Anyone who's been through multiple fusions knows the pain changes, but never truly goes away. Pain was somewhat manageable with MS Contin, but I would still "pay" for it if I ever pushed myself, traveled, etc. Since 1998, I never had more than a week or two between moderate/severe pain flare-ups. Since kadian, I've gone as long as 3 months without one! I even flew to Europe for a 10 day vacation (which was a ton of walking/sitting) without any issues! Kadian works and works AWESOME!”

keenone · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 18, 2014

“Lumbar, 3 level fusion with hardware. Cervical, 3 level fusion with hardware. Take 200mg every night. The best pain medicine ever taken. After 4 years on same dose, fighting with insurance company for higher dose. ”

tammymelton · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 1, 2013

“I was on Kadian for a few years and this medicine worked well for me. If the doctors prescribe it the right way (increasing the dosage every month or so) then it can be a very effective medicine. Sadly after several years I was switched to Opana.”

ogle April 19, 2013

“I have a crushed unhealed ankle for nine and half years. I feel everything in my bones. I've taken morphine sulfate all this time because it's the only thing that works. Everything else makes me dizzy.”

Jsam50 April 5, 2017

“Kadian has been an amazingly​ helpful medication for me. I take 14 medications daily, four of those medications are for severe pain. And until the doctor added Kadian the pain just was not giving me any breaks. I have been on Kadian for about four years now I would rather die than miss even one dose as it's that important to the quality of my life. To be fair I do have some side effects I consider to be mild and not worth even mentioning one thing to say that is important I am physically addicted to this medicine missing a dose makes me sick sick sick but then again I don't miss doses anyway because of my pain levels however the pharmacy doc or insurance will mess up once in awhile so I do suffer missing doses once in awhile”

RootsGal · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 15, 2015

“Kadian is a life saver when I have "break-through" pain. I use to take it every day, but the pain clinic I went to, was adding too many meds, we had an argument, and I left. My primary care doctor, knowing I have 4 fused cervical discs with the titanium plate, is still "afraid" to prescribe. We agreed on 20mgs of oxycodone BID, down from 30mgs TID. I have suffered for a 16 months, and many more visits to my osteopath, who is so gifted. He "GETS IT", and thinks no doctor, should judge my situation, and make me feel like an addict. I am going to request, he re-prescribe 60mg of KADIAN, for "break-through" pain. Last week (1) 60mg Kadian, STOPPED my spine pain, 100%. Glad I saved (8) from 2 years ago. THANK YOU KADIAN~”

Tommy Jake · Taken for less than 1 month April 1, 2015

“I have degenerative Disks in my neck and lower back of which I was using many forms of Medications. Now that I am battling Cancer, my Oncologist put me on Liquid type Morphine every 4 hrs... I have started out at 30mg Kadian, a 24 hr release to help relieve the combination of All my issues. Always stay Hydrated and use a stool softener. Good Luck.”

Lilah M. · Taken for less than 1 month January 4, 2016

“I started taking Kadian for a couple of days then swapped back to my ms-contin until my next drs .visit to see what we need to do about the dosage .I started with the 10mg-ER which was good through the day but had 'the jitters' most of the time which I didn't like then it only lasted for maybe 10 hours & then started to detox & was awake the biggest part of the night until I was so tired I fell asleep around 4 a.m.The next day I took it again about 8 a.m.then took a second dose around 7 p.m. then stayed awake all night with 'the jitters' until 5 a.m. So I changed back to my 30mg ms-contin until I can see my dr. Needless to say, I wasn't very happy with the change so I'm hoping for something better or I'll just have to pay $80 a month for the ms-contin”

Jimmer 97 · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 7, 2017

“I have been using Kadian for at least 9 years now. I haven't ever had the need to increase dosage, unlike Oxy etc. My pharmacy wholesaler stopped carrying Kadian a few months ago and I have been sick ever since. Headaches, loose bowels and G.I. distress. I am searching for Kadian without much luck.”

nrl · Taken for 1 to 2 years December 13, 2013

“Aside from making me sleepy about 6 hours after taking the capsule, didn't help much with pain.”

Anita9 October 7, 2013

“This works for me with very few side effects.”

motleymel · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 30, 2012

“Two failed spinal fusions, spinal stenosis, crushed disc above fusion”